Chapter 3

Out

Yuna got home a little early that day, she figured she could just tell her brother that she wasn't feeling well so she left work early and he wouldn't question it. Though she regretted it immediately. When she walked inside there were two men on the sofa. Both men partially undressed. One of them hiding his face in the chest of the man above him whom she identified as her older brother Jaebum.

"On the couch? Really? I ing sit there Jaebum!"

"Hey you're the one who came home early without a warning,"

"Oh my god I sometimes nap there too, so gross, what if I get pink eye?"

"You're so over dramatic, this isn't the first time you've caught me with someone,"

"H-hyung...this is embarrassing"

The two siblings were then reminded of the man still hiding his face beneath Jaebum. "Oh...sorry Youngjae," Jaebum patted the younger males head.

"I’ll let you guys finish your business, I’ll be at the store if you need anything...and remember kids, use protection,” She winked at the two before closing the door.

Jaebum rolled his eyes and laughed a bit as looked at the younger male “Wanna keep going?” Youngjae’s eyes widened, cheeks turning red. Jaebum smirked at him “I’ll take your silence as a yes,” Jaebum leaned down, pressing his lips against Youngjae’s lips.

-------

Yuna took her time looking around the the isles in the store putting in whatever she thought they would need into the cart. She was lost in her thoughts when someone bumped into her “Sorry...” She bowed her head. 

“Oh no, I’m sorry, that was my fault I wasn’t paying attention...hey I know you!”

Yuna blinked and tilted her head trying to see if she remembered who the man was “I’m sorry but I don’t think I know you...”

“Oh we’ve only talked to each other a couple of times, we work for the same company, but I think the last time we spoke was at the party last week...I’m Yong Junhyung,” He said, putting his hand out, Yuna took his hand and shook it “I’m Lim Yuna,” Yuna had a strange vibe about him, she doesn’t remember ever speaking to him but then again she was bad at remembering people sometimes. 

It felt awkward for her so she smiled at him “I have to go now, my older brother is waiting for me at home and there’s no food,” it was just an excuse, she said good bye and made her way to the register. When she got back to her car she texted her brother. 

Yuna: Oppa, you better be in your room this time, I’m on my way home and I’m hungry, I don’t want to have to see you two going at it right in front of my salad -xoxo your lil sis 

Yuna waited in the car waiting for a reply, it was also to give him a chance to see her text. A couple minutes later he finally replied.

Jaebum: we won’t do anything in front of your salad, you can come home

Jaebum: we really need to find you a boyfriend already so you can be busy with him

Yuna scoffed before smiling and putting her phone back down. 

-

When she arrived home she cooked dinner for three, Youngjae was still embarrassed about her catching them and that made her smile. She thought it was cute. During dinner she decided to comfort him a bit “Hey I’ll pretend I didn’t see anything, so you can be comfortable and open around me,” Youngjae nodded “Sorry, I’ll try to forget it happened too...”

“You should actually expect it to happen, she has weird timing sometimes, so you might have to get used to her se-” Jaebum stopped speaking when his younger sister kicked him in the leg “I’m trying to loosen him up here and you’re here scaring him away,”

“Yah I wasn’t! I was just giving him fair warning!”

“You’re making it sound like I’m a creep,”

“I mean...you kinda are...” 

Yuna then kicked him again “The only creep here is you, should I remind you of how you like to ke-”

Jaebum never got up so fast from his seat before. He leaned over the table and covered Yuna’s mouth “Ahahaha! You’re so funny, we don’t need to mention that,” He gave her a fake smile but his eyes told her he’s going to kill her later. Yuna shrugged and smiled at Youngjae once Jaebum had gone back into his seat “Sorry about that, he’s a weirdo,” 

Youngjae smiled and shook his head “It’s okay, it’s actually kinda funny, watching you two bicker is fun,” 

The three of them continued their dinner and when it was getting late Jaebum gave Youngjae a ride back home. 

---------

It was now Thursday, and Yuna hadn’t been to work all week. She was afraid and anxious. But her manager decided to call her, asking to speak with her after work hours. Yuna agreed but only after some convincing from both her manager and Mark. 

“What’s going on with you?” 

Yuna was now sitting in the seat in front of her managers desk, the manager giving her a stern look.

“I-I’m going to quit...I’m sorry I know I should be giving you a resignation letter, Mrs. Kim but I was scared about coming back here...”

“Why would you be scared? You’ve been doing well and it seems like you get along with everyone...and they all seem to care about you as well,”

“No one is going to see me the same after what they saw...the pictures were everywhere,”

Mrs. Kim let out a sigh “Everyone helped get rid of those photos and no one has mentioned them since, no one is saying anything about you either, some of your co-workers came to me concerned about you...don’t quit, you’re good at what you do and everyone wants you back,”

Yuna looked down in her lap, pursing her lips together in thought.

“Give it a chance, we already gave a warning to all employees, we’re ready to take your side if anything happens again...” Yuna let out a sigh of defeat and nodded “Okay...I’ll...I’ll come back, but on Monday...if that’s okay,” 

Mrs. Kim smiled and nodded “That’s fine with me, I’m glad I was able to convince you to come back. You can go now, I’ll see you Monday.” Yuna stood up from her seat and bowed to the older woman before leaving. As she was leaving the building she caught sight of Jinyoung walking towards his car. She ran towards him and clung onto his arm “Jinyoung-ssi hold on! We still need to talk! Don’t tell me your busy I won’t let you get away with it!”

Jinyoung stared in surprise at her “I actually do have an appointment soon...so if you could kindly let go of me so I’m not late,” Yuna scrunched up her nose and glared at the taller male. She huffed and let go of his arm “Thanks,” Jinyoung got into his car but Yuna quickly made her way around to the passenger side and let herself into his car “Fine, I’ll just talk to you on the way there, I’ll get my brother to pick me up once we get there,” 

Jinyoung could only stare at the girl that invited herself into his car. He was annoyed but started his car anyway and began driving. “How do you know my name?”

“Oh...someone told me, apparently all the ladies knew your name, Yeeun told me everyone is head over heels for you or something, though I don’t know why,” She was lying just then, she found him highly attractive but she wanted to deny those thoughts since he seemed like a cold heart-ed to her. 

“So what is it you need to know?”

Yuna went silent for a moment before she finally spoke up “That night, after the party...what happened? I only had three drinks that night there’s no way I was drunk...I don’t remember anything at all from that night and I need to know,”

Jinyoung checked his watch, he had taken the longer route to get to his appointment without Yuna knowing “Someone drugged your drink, I saw them do it but I couldn’t see their face, I got in between you two and took you back to my place so that no one tried to do anything to you...don’t worry I didn’t touch you,” 

Yuna was silent and stared into her hands, Jinyoung glanced at her and decided to park his car at the side of the road. “You okay?” Yuna didn’t respond.

After a moment of silence she mumbled something to herself, Jinyoung couldn’t make it out but he caught the words “Stupid” and “Again. 

“Thanks, I’ll leave you alone now...” 

Jinyoung watched her as she closed the car door and began to lifelessly walk down the street, something in him told him not to leave yet, so he sat in his car and watched her. He watched as she eventually leaned against the wall of a nearby building and it looked like she was crying. She eventually fell to the floor and that surprised Jinyoung. He rushed out of his car and ran towards her “Yah, are you okay? Hey pull yourself together......” He picked her up and put her into his car and drove quickly to a nearby hospital.