Chapter 2

Out

Yuna was at her desk cursing herself for not getting his name. He was right there and she once again didn't get to say or ask the things she wanted to. After she had saw him earlier he smiled at her "You need to be more careful," he said as he started walking away "Wait! You...what are you doing here?" He stopped and turned to her, raising a brow "I...work here? And I assume you work here as well?" Yuna nodded.

"Accounting..."

"Marketing." 

He was about to turn away again "Wait I have to ask you some things!"

"You can ask me later, I have a meeting to get to," He walked away, waving his hand back at her. Yuna sighed in defeat.

 

"Ugh I'm so stupid" She buried her face in her hands when her desk neighbor popped her head in "What's up?"

"Nothing, Sohee-ah don't worry about it,"

"Psh you never tell me anything, we need to have a girls night, let's go out Friday night! I heard there's a club bringing in a famous DJ, DJ...um...mash-mallow?"

"Marshmallow,"

"Right! So you heard about it?"

"Yeah, my brother has been bragging about how he booked him all month,"

"Your brother booked him?"

Yuna nodded "My brother runs that club," 

"Oh. My. God." Sohee gave a grin "Can you get me in for free...and maybe free drinks too?" Yuna rolled her eyes, everyone she ever tells always ask the same thing "No, ladies night is Wednesday night's, you want to go for free, then go then," 

"Aww come one, I thought we were close..." 

"If I do this for everyone then my brother is going to be the one who get's hurt by it and lose money, not me, the entry fee isn't even that expensive,"

Sohee pouted and sunk back into her seat "fine fine, you're right, sorry I asked," 

When the work day was over Yuna stayed by the building entrance hoping to catch the guy "from marketing" again. She smiled when she saw him and quickly made her way over to him "Hey! So do you have time to finally start answering questions for me?" He looked annoyed and glanced at his watch "I have an appointment with someone soon, maybe another time," Yuna grabbed his arm "Are you avoiding me or something?" Jinyoung sighed and pulled his arm away "I have an appointment, I'm not going to cancel it for you, now if you'd excuse me..." He, once again, walked away and Yuna let out another heavy sigh when another co-worker of hers came up to her "Oh my god, were you just talking to Jinyoung?"

"Jinyoung?"

"Yeah! That's Park Jinyoung, he's the head of the marketing team, he's so hot~" 

"Yeeun, you know him?"

"Yeah but he doesn't know me, a lot of girls here are head over heels for him,"

"Well I'm not, he's irritating..."

The two women began walking out of the building, making their way to parking lot "Why? Did he do something?"

"I need to ask him something important, but he keeps avoiding me..."

"Oh girl, don't worry about it, he's always busy no one ever has a chance to speak to him unless it's about business..."

"Tch, well I'm going to make sure he can't avoid me, I will keep pestering him till he gives me answers..." 

Yeeun laughed at her statement "Good luck with that, he's hard to get through to, not to mention he's pretty straight forward, so he'll probably throw some insults if he needs to," Yuna shrugged "I can take an insult...anyway see you tomorrow, drive safe," Yuna smiled and waved at Yeeun "You too!" the two separated and got into their cars.

 

In another car there was a man watching the two ladies talk, his finger tapping on the steering wheel, eyes focused on Yuna. When Yuna pulled out in her car he started following her. He kept a good distance from her car as to not catch her attention. He watched her pull into the lot of a chicken restaurant. He parked his car as well and waited for her there as she was oblivious to his presence.

 

Yuna grinned as she saw her old friend waiting at a table with some food already ordered, she sat across from him "Hey Mark, thanks for ordering already, I'm starving!"

"Who said this was for you, this is all mine, go get your own," He made a face at her and she rolled her eyes before grabbing a drumstick, taking a bite from it "How was work? Oh wait right, you don't work you game," 

"Hey hey hey! I'm a professional gamer! I'm making good bank, you're just jealous," 

"Mark-oppa, I-....okay maybe only a little, but you'll never meet a cute girl that way," 

"I don't know what you're talking about, I'm surrounded by cute girl," He grinned, giving her a wink. Once again, Yuna rolled her eyes.

 

 

"You're going to be 26 this year, I've been letting you do as you wanted up until now, you studied what you wanted got the job you wanted you could at least do as we say and get married already,"

"Father...please I will get married but I'm still young and I'm not ready for it, just wait-"

"Wait until when? You're our only son, you don't like any of the girls we've been setting you up with, you'll never get married at this rate!"

"Mother, I'm not trying to disappoint you, of course I don't like any of those girls! They're all stuck up and full of themselves, do you get that they only care about what's in my pocket?"

"So what? All girls are like that! They need a man to support them!"

"No, you're wrong, the girls who think like that just care about being lazy and leeching off of men, I don't want a woman like that, and then they have the guts to go and have affairs as well while leeching off the one they married,"

"Jinyoung!" The woman shifted in her seat glancing over at her husband "That's right mom, I'm talking about you, every time dad leaves on a business trip you bring a young guy home or you go and the CEO of C&F Hotel,"

"You what?" The man glared at his wife, "Ah Honey! He's just saying things to upset us! He saw me get picked up in his car for a dinner with him and his wife, Jinyoungie probably just misunderstood, right sweetie?" The woman desperately looked over at her son. Jinyoung rolled his eyes and got up from the dining table "All I'm saying is, you only care about your reputation and money, that's why you married off Sooyoung against her will, you know she's not happy at all right? Every time she visits me she ends up crying,"

"That girl, she visits you and doesn't even visit her own parents?"

"Mom it's because you brush her off every time she tells you about how she's suffering, you don't care about her, and every time she sees you all you do is nag and ask her to buy you things with her husbands money! She would rather stay at home and get beat up by him than see you guys,"

"That girl is just being whiny, all she does ever since she was young is complain, she probably did something for her husband to hit her,"

Jinyoung bit down his lip, clenching his fist as he held himself back from going off "Whatever, I'm done here, I'm going home," He left immediately, slamming the door shut behind him as he got into his car. He sped down the road back home, every time he visited his parents he would leave full of rage. Jinyoung was the son of a wealthy family who ran a successful hotel and resort business, they had locations all over Asia. Jinyoung never felt happy around his parents, he was close with his uncles and aunts who were much kinder and taught him everything he knew. His parents barely raised him and his younger sister, Sooyoung, they were both raised by nannies. Jinyoung was supposed to be the heir of the family business but he managed to convince his parents to allow to follow his own career path.

Well, he more like threatened them than convinced them. But that's not important. 

Jinyoung arrived back to his apartment, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge as he loosened his tie. "I should probably stop going back there," He sighed to himself after drinking from the bottle. He set himself down on the sofa, and undid the top three buttons of his shirt before resting his head back against the sofa closing his eyes. 

 

Jinyoung stepped out of the elevator, about to make his way to his office when he noticed a group of people grouped up by the wall. "What's going on?" A young woman looked up at him "Someone posted all these pictures of one of the accountants here..." Jinyoung pushed through everyone.

"Yooo bro she's banging, think I can get her to hook up with me?"

Jinyoung stared at the pictures, they were images of the girl he ran into the previous day. Shots of her stripping off her clothes. Jinyoung clenched his fists "I call dibs man, I'm hitting her up after work," Jinyoung closed his eyes, resisting the urge to punch the man "You're all disgusting, she's not an object, these photos were clearly taken without her permission," he began to rip off the photo's from the wall and crumble them up "I don't know who did this, but this is a crime, and if I find out who did it I'll make sure to have my with them before I turn them in, seriously you're all god damn adults grow up and have some respect." 

Jinyoung tossed the images into the trash "if these images are not all gone within the next two hours I will report all of you as accomplices for ual harassment," he left the group of people and made his way to his office. Jinyoung hated people who did stupid pranks like this. It was childish, and evil. He hated that these people were so ready to completely ruin someone's life just for their own pleasure. He's seen it happen too many times. He already knew of the girl they took photos of as well. He knew when she first started working there were rumors going around about her and how some were jealous.

That night he went to the party he saw someone slipping something into her drink, he couldn't see their face but Jinyoung stayed quickly swooped in between her and the man acting as if he was a close friend "Hey! I've been looking for you all night, glad you could make it, come with me my sister wants to meet you," He grinned at her and she blinked in confusion. He gently placed a hand at her lower back and led her out of the crowd, having her sit on the sofa, handing her a glass of water "You feeling okay? I'll take you home..."

The girl squinted "I thi think I'm dwunk," she looked as if she was about to doze off, Jinyoung stood up and helped her up, supporting her as they walked out "I'll take you home, where do you live?" she responded but her speech was slurred "...okay I'll take you back to my place then," he helped her into the passenger seat where she soon passed out. Once they arrived at his place he carried her up and set her down on his bed, keeping her on her side in case she threw up. He constantly checked on her that night to make sure she was breathing and that she was okay. He had called a family friend, a doctor, to come over and check on her as well. The doctor assured him that she was fine and to just make sure she drank water. 

And that's what he had done. He eventually fell asleep on the sofa while taking care of her.

After the photos though he had a hunch that either someone was after her or she had a stalker from the company. But then again, the two situations may have not been connected, either way, she wasn't completely safe. There was nothing he could do about it though, he was just an employee like everyone else. 

 

 

Yuna had seen them, the photo's, her photo's, she froze as she stared at them while everyone was busy talking between themselves about it. Her breathing grew heavier as the anxiety inside her grew. She ran to the women's bathroom and locked herself in one of the stalls. She sat down on the toilet and began to cry into her hands. She was at a loss of what to do. 

Do I just go to work and act as if nothing was going on?

No...they're probably all making fun of me right now. 

No one will see me the same again. 

How am I supposed to face everyone? I should just quit...I want to go home...

Yuna got out of the stall after a while and washed her face "I'll just go home..." She pulled her phone out and texted her manager saying she was sick before quietly making her way out to her car. "Could it have been Jinyoung? Does he have something against me?" she chewed on her bottom lip before calling her friend Mark "Oppa...I need to see you..."

"What's wrong? You can come over if you need to,"

"Okay I'm on my way,"

 

When Mark opened the door Yuna didn't hesitate to let herself in. Mark closed the door and turned to her "Don't you have work?"

"I...don't think I can go back to work," she was fiddling with her fingers as she tried to stay as calm as she could "did you get fired?" she shook her head "then what is it?"

"Someone....someone took pictures of me undressing...they printed them out...it was all over work every-" her breathed hitched but swallowed as he tears slowly started forming again "everyone saw them, it was humiliating, I don't know what to do," she couldn't hold back anymore as she started crying again, mark quickly pulled her into a hug "do you know who did it?" she shook her head as she cried onto his shoulder. 

"That's ed up, but you know you can't just avoid work, you have a great job at a great company..."

"I'll quit, I'll quit and find somewhere else, I don't care where I just can't face any of them again!" She pulled back to look up at him "Please don't tell Jaebum, he'd be furious and I don't want him to keep worrying about me so much..." Mark let out a soft sigh before wiping her tears away "He's going to find out eventually, you know?" She nodded and moved away from him sitting down on his sofa "I'm...for now I don't want him to know..."

Mark ran his fingers through his hair before sitting beside her "I'll help you find a new place to work,"

"Thank you..."