Torn.

2 years later.

"What are you doing?",YuSeok, his manager asked when he saw the young actor laying his long frame on the couch for an hour. JooHyuk did nothing but finger scrolling on his phone for that long. "Nothing......",JooHyuk responded restlessly. What he didnt know was his back was facing a full length mirror. YuSeok saw what he was looking at in his phone. Its a girl he hasnt seen for almost two years. Eversince they broke up. He felt pity for the couple but he could understand how and why they chose to move on from there. He dosent know about the lady but this boy here, clearly hasnt walked out of it. Especially now with her highly talked-about drama, Romantic Doctor 2, there's many news about her, about the chemistry the on-screen actors have. YuSeok looked back at the boy and let him be. 

----------

JooHyuk smiled gently at the girl beside him. She's doing her usual prayers. He would make a trip to the church with her whenever he's free. Her delicate features always at peace whenever she's at her holy ground. Although he's also a christian, he's not so much into the religion. SungKyung reached out and linked his arm as they walked towards the carpark. Its another joyful day spent with her younger boyfriend. Both wearing identical fisherman hat which JooHyuk bought from US while watching his favourite NBA matches. JooHyuk placed his hand over hers as they walked towards his car.

He's still amazed at how their friendship would evolved into something more. He didnt see her as a potential partner before. Yet, the daily interaction during their drama collaboration got his heart pounding for her. He's over the top when the feelings was mutual. It took them sometime to confirm their stand. Afterall, she's older by 4 years. SungKyung didnt care about the . To her, he thinks and act like an adult. But she worries for his future too. Dating at this period seems unsuitable for JooHyuk. Worse, with someone older. She had her concerns, he had his. Both talked it out and decided to give it a try where they promised to stay as friends if things didnt work out.

Opportunities for JooHyuk came in one after the other. SungKyung remained supportive by his side, looking through all projects with him when they are together alone. He discussed with her and shared his opinions and hear hers. That was the beginning. Soon after, things changed without anyone noticing. SungKyung looked at her phone and clentched it tight. Its been two days without any messages or calls from JooHyuk. She'd even left him several voicemail. She felt the distance but she could understand. This is his job, they are both actors. 'He might have overlooked my texts...' That was how she consoled herself. SungKyung didnt want to give up of them so easily, just like that.  

JooHyuk saw the notifications. Everytime he wants to respond to them, he's being called for another assignment. He was barely breathing with the pile of jobs he's been receiving lately. To him, he's not feeling tired when he's working. Instead, he felt he should work harder than anyone. He wants to provide for his family and for his future. Yet, when he reached home, the first thing in his mind was to sleep. His cycle repeated for months until he was given a week break. "JooHyuk ah... how are you keeping up with your relationship?",YuSeok asked. He hasnt seen JooHyuk on his phone or talked about anything. It was then he realised the young boy must have been too busy for love. JooHyuk shocked eyes gave him the answer.

While he's finally given vacation, SungKyung was assigned to a photoshoot oversea in Prague. Both felt the awkwardness between them when they spoke on the phone. "I'll be back Thursday afternoon. Maybe we should talk JooHyuk ah...",SungKyung suggested. He picked her up from her apartment, got some hot coffees and parked along the Han river. Her heart was pounding fast. Its been so long since they met. "Im sorry. I havent been in contact for months. I have been busy and the moment i got home, i practically knocked out in bed. I know these are plain excuses.",JooHyuk felt his explaination are bulls*hits. "Lets talk it out now. Else, there wont be anymore chances. Your busy schedule gonna start again right?",SungKyung calmly said.

"Im sorry. I cant do this anymore. I cant find the balance between you and my work....",JooHyuk was honest and she's glad. "Its fine JooHyuk... There's no wrong for anyone your age to focus on building up his career. I wont stop you. Instead, i respect that. I know its difficult. I'll say it then. Let's break up. Didnt we said before? Back to friends...",SungKyung eyes welled up with tears. His heart breaks seeing her trying to be strong for him. He's the coward who cant say it. "Im sorry. I know i am being selfish. Im sorry....",JooHyuk lowered his head, tears dripping down. He had so much guilt towards the girl he once seeked attention towards. Yet she's still as giving. SungKyung lifted up his head, wiped off the falling tears and kissed his puffy eyes,"Its okay..... everything gonna be fine JooHyuk ah..." 

----------

Many speculations on the reason behind their breakup. Some said its because of the beautiful actress Shin SeKyung. But she has nothing to do with it. They wasnt even close on set from the start to the end. Eversince SungKyung, he has no time for relationships. Just like that, two years went past. On and off when he heard about her, his heart ached. He dare not ask more even when he wanted to know. It was only recently when he's home did his mother casually spoke about the drama she was in.

"Son, i heard from your aunties that this young actor looks like you... I mean, the height yes but face... i think my son is much more handsome! Dont you think so?" JooHyuk smirked at his mother,"Im your son. Of course you will say that!" His mother laughed at the fact. "She's still so pretty. SungKyung.... I thought you and her matched so well in that weighlifting drama. I was really happy when you told me you're dating her. I wonder how is she now....",his mother continued as the replay of the last episode air on Tv. "Omo.... this boy sure can kiss! Do you think they are dating? The news were talking about their sparkling chemistry! They make a cute couple too, dont you think so?",his mother added on. JooHyuk watched the scene. He was frowning. His heart throbbed badly. His mother was open to his relationship with a noona. When they broke up, she didnt ask much. She only said,"Young love.... not easy to maintain..." 

It was since then he started looking at her instagram posts. There's her with the staffs, with the young boy she's rumoured to be dating, and her singing and goofing around. She's still her, nothing changed. He was the one who changed. He rarely made any posting on the social app. It became a habit for him to search her name on naver to check on any updates about SungKyung.

----------

At the salon getting his hair trim and re-style, a couple walked in. He wouldnt have noticed if the stylist have lowered his excitement. "That's unexpected... SungKyung-ieeee! Why are you here again? Oh! You brought someone with you! Ahn HyoSeop...?? Nice meeting you!!! You look much handsome in real! I have to give it to you! Come, tell me, how can i provide my service to you? You brat! You didnt say anything! What if im not around?",Ricky exclaimed seeing a fresh boy. His over-the-top welcome made everyone turned to his direction. JooHyuk's heart skipped a beat when he heard her name. It stopped a second when he saw her standing right before his eyes. White-coloured boyfriend-shirt, skinny jeans and flats. Hair let down over her shoulder. She looks as pretty as before. "There's others talented stylist even if you're not around Ricky! HyoSeop, this is Rick. He has magic fingers... Ricky, dazzle him!",SungKyung t*eased her long-time g*ay stylist. "Oh, just so you know. Heads up. JooHyuk's in the house too. Oh, follow me HyoSeop darling!!!",Ricky notified her as he leaned in and whispered into her ear on the first part.  

SungKyung gave a quick scan across the shop and their eyes met. She felt a slight discomfort but decided to overcome it. "Unni! Hello JooHyuk.. Hey there YuSeok oppa... Another project coming up?",she went up and greeted the familar yet unfamiliar faces. "SungKyung ah! Why are you here again? Because of that kid?",Rawon asked curiously. "He's 25, no longer a kid sister...",SungKyung replied giggling. "Hey.. what's up. Yea, another project. Trying out different styles... How's things?",JooHyuk mustered up his courage and spoke up. Bystanders watched the ex-couple carefully. Ignoring the pricks she kept feeling, SungKyung continued her conversation with the group until Ricky called out her name. "Hey gurl! Your boy needs you....." JooHyuk eyes turned cold that minute when she walked away from him.

"Are they dating?",YuSeok asked Rawon. "No idea. Maybe the boy likes her? Otherwise, shouldnt he has his own company's salon to go too?",she wondered out loud. "Wow... your analytical skills are pretty fine...",YuSeok agreed along. SungKyung did not return to their side since but coincidentally they bumped into each other again at the payment counter. "Oh no! Please. I havent done anything! B*itch just decided to step in and made my art history!",Ricky complained jokingly. He's always looking forward to SungKyung's visit. Her sense of style somehow has a imaginative thread that makes everything she suggested turns out well. This time, again. "What, she did it again?",Rawon shouted from the other end when she got another customer to attend to after JooHyuk.

HyoSeop was surrounded by exceptional individuals. He was almost starstruck by their charms. He didnt know that SungKyung was good at this. He knows she's a model before but didnt expect that she too excels in other areas like hair styling. "Boy... you havent seen enough! This gurl is fantastic!",Ricky shared with him. The Doldam family was having a gathering earlier on. He was supposed to leave earlier to his company's salon. They wanted him to have a image change. It was SungKyung who suggested she'll bring him to her stylist which is nearby so he could stay a while longer. He shyly agreed, wanting to mingle longer with the rest too. When the Doldam family went seperate ways, SungKyung drove him to her recommended salon. Its the first time, alone with her. She's much toned down when there's lesser people. "Oh, you noticed? Big groups need a catalyst, dont you think so?",she said. He understand where she's coming from and agreed. HyoSeop's heart felt light and fluffy when with the actress. 

JooHyuk looked at HyoSeop who stood as tall as him. He has to agree that the boy clearly looked better than before. "Now he gives off the same-age-as-you vibe honey!",Ricky started to play cupid between SungKyung and HyoSeop. "Hey! What's that supposed to mean! Evil!",SungKyung disregard the obvious. JooHyuk saw the young boy blushed. "Please come alone next time. I need to earn too...",Ricky pointed out to HyoSeop. "He's not coming already. Why pay you when his company is already paying some other shops. Go away!",SungKyung blocked Ricky away playfully. JooHyuk felt alone. There's no where he could join in. "Hey, is no one gonna praise my art piece, huh?",Rawon made her stand. All eyes went to JooHyuk. But all noticed his eyes was on SungKyung. Both quickly shifted their sight away casually. "Unni, yours is the best!",SungKyung clapped.

"We'll make a move first. See you guys! Where are you heading to HyoSeop? Your company, right? I'll give you a ride..",SungKyung bid her goodbye and asked HyoSeop his direction. "Im suppose to go office. Its ok noona, i'll cab there.",HyoSeop shyly declined. He had received so much help from her in a day. "No such thing. You will be in danger if the taxi driver is a lady!",she joked. JooHyuk stood behind the pair listening everything. She did not turn back and take a second look at him. She walked off with some other guy, giggling along the way. Spikes pierced through his skin, he didnt know he can feel this way. YuSeok saw his expression and gave him a light tap on the back,"Lets go..."