Four

Blue

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You want to stay here longer..Why?" 

 

 

"I know you dislike it but don't be so obvious about it." Sakura puffed her cheeks, playfully displaying hurt. 

 

 

"You know I don't mind you being here. Just tell me what's going on." 

 

 

Sakura's face eases up into a more serious but calm demeanor. She sits herself up, legs crossed before letting out a sigh. 

 

 

"The rabbit's back. And looking for you." 

 

 

Yujin's face grows cold. 

 

 

"I could have called instead yes, but I thought it be fitting to tell you personally like this, so I can be here for you. Okay, maybe I missed you too- I'm killing two birds here." 

 

 

Yujin relaxes her shoulders. Sakura knew her deep, and despite their playful banters towards each other, the older girl was undoubtedly the only person in the world that could calm her down. 

 

 

She chuckles heartily. 

 

 

"You could have at least told Uncle, he called me all freaked because you've gone missing without a word."

 

 

"Was he raging?" 

 

 

"Awfully." 

 

 

Sakura laughs and Yujin shakes her head, still amazed to this day how her cousin, the next heir to one of the biggest toy companies in Japan, could so freely roam around on her own. 

 

 

"Papa will be fine. I've done this plenty of times as you already know. He merely noticed this time because it's a day off. I obviously didn't plan accordingly."  

 

 

Yujin chuckles one last time before letting herself refocus on the key player for her concerns at the moment. 

 

 

She exhales deeply and thins her lips before she staggers to the bed, letting her body collapse next to Sakura. 

 

 

"Wonyoung hasn't changed, hasn't she?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[The next day] 

 

 

"You're actually going to attend school?" 

 

 

Yujin lastly fixed the slant of her necktie before looking at Sakura through the body mirror. The latter was clad in a one-set pink pajama shorts and shirt, a black cat-ears headset donned over messy bed hair while she lays back on the bed's backboard. Her eyes were fixated on her laptop, fingers aggressively attacking the controller connected to it. 

 

 

"Are you planning to game here all day?" 

 

 

"Yes. Are you planning to be at school all day? Which by the way, you rarely do since you're home-schooled. Anything special?" 

 

 

That made the younger girl blink. She composes herself just in time before Sakura could assume the worse.

 

 

"I still have to come once a month for progress checks and end of month tests." 

 

 

"I see. Well you're looking crisp in that uniform. Trying to impress someone?" 

 

 

I'll see you tomorrow Yujin-ah. 

 

 

"I told you I'm not interested in her like that." 

 

 

"Who?" 

 

 

"Kim Minju." 

 

 

Sakura puts her controller down and finally turns to her, the girl's grin almost reaching both ears. 

 

 

"What made you think I was talking about Minju?" 

 

 

Yujin blinks once again, drawing a blank. 

 

 

There it was, her own brain teasing her.

 

 

Sakura had a point. The girl's voice had evaded her thoughts, unwelcomed, and she couldn't figure out why. 

 

 

She shakes her head. 

 

 

"I'm heading out."  Trying to redeem herself, she unhooks her duffel bag from the wall next to the door and out she goes with Sakura's hearty laugh being the last thing she hears. 

 

 

Get a grip, Ahn Yujin.

 

 

As if on cue, her mind drifts to another individual. 

 

 

Wonyoung. She had yet to hear from the girl, despite being sought out by her. Sakura had told her to expect the unexpected because Wonyoung always did as she wished. And if it was to come and see Yujin, the girl would be at the ends of the universe to do so. 

 

 

Yujin was always ready for it. 

 

 

Before she can dwell deeper in her thoughts and even go down memory lane, she catches a familiar figure outside. Yujin halts behind the glass double doors, her thoughts ceasing along with her. 

 

 

Kim Minju. 

 

 

She doesn't stop her lips from itching up a small smile at the tiny skips the girl was doing as she heads to her work for the day. 

 

 

She seems to enjoy her job, and Yujin found it a bit admiring. 

 

 

Minju must be in her own little world though, and Yujin eyes the cardboard sign dangerously awaiting Minju. She immediately steps out to warn the girl but it was a little too late. 

 

 

A loud thunk could be heard followed by a high pitched squeal. 

 

 

"Jesus  %(#$$&^!"

 

 

Instead of tending to the girl as a normal person should, she can't help but observe quietly. Minju had put her hair in a single braid, letting it drape loosely to her right shoulder. She had on jean shorts but in overalls, her plain and loose white shirt blending nicely with it and black converse to complete the look of a young painter. 

 

 

Come to think of it, she wonders if the girl had gone to the same school as her. 

 

 

She holds in her chuckle at the bouts of foul words the girl was emitting out while rubbing her forehead profusely. 

 

 

"This is the first time I've heard you curse." 

 

 

Yujin thought it was time to see if the girl was okay. 

 

 

Minju gets up from her crouched down position quietly and looks at her in a daze, not planning to respond.

 

 

Yujin starts to worry. 

 

 

"You okay?" 

 

 

"Never better." Minju smiles a bit silly, and Yujin couldn't help but let out a small  breathy laugh at the red mark on the girl's forehead. 

 

 

Minju starts to purse her lips in a pout and Yujin laughs even harder this time, slightly bending over to hold her gut. 

 

 

"I'm glad you find this entertaining." Minju had meant to sound hurt, but she's failed to do so as she too lets out small chuckles while scratching her head in a shy manner. 

 

 

"Sorry... aha.. no.. I'm sorry. I'm not laughing because you're pitiful." Yujin ups herself and gains back her composure. 

 

 

"Then?" 

 

 

"Well, I just thought..." 

 

 

You looked incredibly adorable. 

 

 

Yujin catches herself before she could let the words out. She couldn't believe she almost said it, let alone even have these words in her head. 

 

 

But then Minju tilts her head so innocently, curious. 

 

 

And Yujin's mouth could no longer keep up with her own mind. 

 

 

"You looked adorable." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note: Teehee. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, I've recently found inspiration to write again. Thank you for reading <3