Even So...

Neglect? || Yulyen

While browsing through her tag on Twitter (as she usually do before she drift to sleep at night), Yuri find some of her fans saying that she has been ignoring Yena. Her curious mind takes a toll on it so she keeps on scrolling through the tag; also because she wants to know why people would say such things. And finally she stumbles on a certain post. A fansign report just a while back, in which Yena said, "Yuri is neglecting me lately," to one of her fans.

 

Yuri's eyes widening in shock as she sits up. Her hold on the phone tightening before she drops the gadget—luckily—on bed and immediately goes outside the room, outside her dorm. Her rushing footsteps lead her into the other dorm as quickly as she can. Her heart clenches and her mind is busy repeatedly rehearsing things she needed to say on her way.

 

Several minutes later, Yuri arrives in front of the other dorm's door. She clamps her lips at the same time she pushes the bell.

 

The door opens up not too long after Yuri pressed the bell, revealing the person whose hand is still clutching onto the door's handle and bobbing her head outside to see who their guest is.

 

"Yuri-yah? What are you doing here? Come in," says the person, widening the door more to let her inside.

 

Yuri promptly shakes her head upon seeing the other girl, refusing to come in. "I need to tell you something, it will be quick so here is fine."

 

"Alright, I'll just come out then." Although being confused, the girl takes a step forward and closes the door behind her; now they are standing and facing each other with just enough gap. "What is it that you want to tell?"

 

"Yena-unnie… I just read something on Twitter and it's about… us."

 

"Us?" asks Yena, one of her brows pulling up by the sudden topic.

 

"Yeah, the fans were saying that Yuri has been neglecting Yena lately… Is this just a groundless rumor or… Did you really say that to the fans? And did you really feel like that, Unnie?"

 

Yena's brows furrows at that, trying to recall what she have said during the fansign event. She's lost in her own thought and,

 

"Ah! I remember now!" Yena exclaims, "But that's not the only thing that I said to that one fan at the time."

 

"Huh?"

 

"This is what I said so please listen carefully." Yena takes a strand of the younger girl's hair and tucks it behind her ear before continuing.

 

"Hmm, I think Yuri is kinda neglecting me lately… And after a little pause, I said,

 

Eyy, even so, it would be still me."

 

"Wait, what does that mean, Unnie?" Yuri queries as she feels a sudden warmth enveloping her hands on the side.

 

"It means," Yena starts, moving her face closer to the latter. "No matter how clingy you are to other members, at the end of the day, you, Jo Yuri, still like me the most, right?" Yena gives a squeeze on their hands while a reassuring smile graced her lips.

 

"…"

 

For a moment Yuri doesn't know what to reply nor does she know how to react at Yena's remark. Because all what she said is true. That is the truth and there is no denying in there.

 

"Hold on, why are you in silent mode? Am I wrong?" asks Yena cautiously, preparing herself to be laughed by the latter if ever her gut was mistaken. Yena has her confidence in her guts feeling but still, there is a chance that she got it all wrong this time around.

 

Then, the next thing Yena can feel is that a pair of soft lips capturing her…… tip of nose. It lasts for a good three seconds before the warmth fades out.

 

Yuri shakes her head again afterward, seemingly to unable to stop her wide smile to appear from the corner of her lips. Meanwhile Yena is now being the one who acts like a statue inside a gallery, frozen and stiff; and even her heartbeat stops at once.

 

 

 

 

 

"No, you aren't wrong, Yena-unnie. I really like you the most."

 

 

[END]

 

 

A/N: I dunno if I should say it here but lemme just say that I honestly want to start writing what has been sitting in my draft dungeon, but, I haven’t been able to write longer story as of now. Because life has been draining me so much these past months (sounds like an excuse, I know, it really is an excuse after all but also the real reason). I personally don’t want to release a story which I myself might put it on hold for a long time in the midway, so, oneshot or a quick prompt like this is the most that I could write lately.

Well, enough of my rambling LOL thanks again for reading this one and see you all later!