Not in my Christian Household! (Saida)

The Anti-Social Introvert Vs. The Odd Cupid Who Faked Identity as an Extremely Annoying Extrovert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

 

"In God's plan we trust…♫" the church choir sang our gospel praise as I danced in the middle of the stage to encourage the audience to sing with us. 

 

"... Fly high! Soar high like an eagle!♫" I started to spread my arms and dance like I was flying like a bird and people cheered,"What a perfect girl she is!" 

 

Perfect. 

 

That's what they said. 

 

And you know what, I believed them. 

 

My name is Kim Dahyun. I came from a conservative family. My dad is a pastor and my mom is a devoted member of our church. I am a member of our church choir and I also do the eagle dance every Sunday when the pastor sings praise.

 

I love what I do. All these beliefs implanted on me are organized and I always thought that I have a vision and goals for myself. I've never questioned anything that had been told to me. I believe it's easier to live that way. If I follow the rules strictly, then my path will be easy and clear.

 

Not until I met this girl who'll make me question every belief that I have, Minatozaki Sana. A girl from Japan. She's a new girl in our neighbourhood. She's also a new member of our church 

 

"Hey! Nice dance you got there." Someone called my attention once I got off the stage and received a lot of cheers from the members. The stranger started to mimic my eagle dance and I chuckled. 

 

It was cute, but pink? 

 

A stranger.

 

 A girl that wears loud hair.

 

 'Is that allowed in our church?' , I thought to myself

 

"Hello?" I greeted politely, unsure of what to say. 

 

"It's you! The shop girl I ran to yesterday." she smiled, then I remembered her. 

 

"Ah, hi! I didn't know you are a member of our church. My name is Dahyun." I shook her hand

 

"I know, you are kind of popular in this community. My name is Sana." she shook my hand longer than she should and I started to feel uncomfortable. 

 

"I-I have to go Sana, it's nice to meet you," I said in a panic. 

 

"I think we are going to see each other often." she slyly said then watched me walk away, "The name is Sana, don't forget!" she shouted and everyone in our church looked at her and I was embarrassed towards the attention they were giving to us. 

 

"Why does she have to talk so loud?" I murmured to myself in annoyance

 

And she was right, Sana is the name I couldn't forget no matter what I do. 

 

'I am a perfect girl, I shouldn't feel annoyed and stop these negative hatred and thoughts. I'll just pray for her.' I said to myself. 

 

"Hey, Dahyun! Want to grab some lunch?" she asked one day

 

"Some other time, Sana. I have choir practice. " I replied curtly

 

"You are a member of the choir?" she asked

 

"Yes." 

 

"So, if I applied as a choir member, we'll see each other often?" she playfully commented

 

"I think so?" I asked confusedly

 

"I see." 

 

One day when I went to choir practice, I saw her there. 

 

"Dahyun!" 

 

"Oh, Sana. What are you doing here?" I asked curiously

 

"I'm a new member!" 

 

"Make a lot of friends and feel at home," I said politely

 

She surely made a lot of friends and became popular in our community. I started to feel jealous. 

 

While having a service, I stared at Sana one day and thought about the things that are likeable about her.

 

'She's beautiful, she's bubbly, she has a nice aura and yet why do I don't like her?' I asked myself 'Maybe I should try to be friends with her?' I said

 

Then Sana must have felt me staring because she looked at me and smiled sweetly. 

 

I felt like melting with her smile… 

 

Then a song started to play inside my mind. 

 

Melting. 

 

'♫ You are my church, you are my place of worship. I heard you're the plug, can I be the circuit? When I got to court, I hope that you're the verdict. When you're around, my insides turn inverted. My blood starts to rush when I see you, darling. I know you're nearby and I know your purpose. Take one look at you, you're heaven's incarnate…♫'

 

The Melting song has never been so god damn relatable until that moment. 

 

I started to notice every move she makes, from what clothes she wears and the way she talks. 

 

It bothers me. 

 

It's the first time I saw her wearing a dress.

 

 A black dress. 

 

" All black for the service? That's dark. " I commented on her choice of clothes

 

" You know, there are things darker than black," she said

 

"Your hem seems to be a bit shorter than normal." 

 

"I've just been in hoodies and sweats for so long I forgot I was a girl so this is me in female clothing." 

 

Then, I saw a lot of members looking at her and I felt a burning rage inside my chest. 

 

"Try to wear more appropriate clothing for the next service. You are causing a public distraction." I bluntly stated my distaste. 

 

"Am I distracting you too?" I saw a smirk that I want to wear off her face. 

 

"I hate you." 

 

"We're in church Dahyun, love is the only appropriate word." she wiggled her brows and made her way mingled with the other members. 

 

From that point of the moment, I sensed a sudden urge of overprotectiveness and threw her my shawl. 

 

"Tie it up on your waist." 

 

She paused for a while to look at me and smiled as she muttered "Thanks!" 

 

People keep on looking at her and I felt uneasy. 

 

Just why do I feel this way? 

 

'Can they just ing stay away from her? What's wrong with the nasty stares? Respect is free!' 

 

I only realized that I cursed in my thoughts because of her. I started to blame her for everything I feel. I decided to get to know Sana only to fall deeper in hate. 

 

Sana is a snake, a temptress. Well, she didn't do anything to me but she makes me feel all these stupid feelings I shouldn't feel. I have sinned, all because I've met Sana.

 

Every time I see Sana, my heart feels like it's going to explode into a million pieces. I started to act as if I hated her. Well, it's true. I hate her for making me feel this way.

 

Sana sings well. Her voice sounds like angels and babies combined. I feel like I could hear her voice all day as music in my ears. It's healing, but my heart is starting to ache. I should not feel attraction.

 

 It's wrong at so many levels. 

 

Rumors about Sana started to spread, like how she dates girls in our choir one by one. 

 

The confirmation sets in when I heard the choir members talk about how Sana kisses well.

 

 I started to feel disgusted. 

 

Sana is touchy. She clings a lot. Her stares meant something deeper and her charms are deadly. Sana likes to kiss girls and it's not a good idea for me. 

 

So, I treat her as if she didn't exist.

 

Sana is not a good example towards other members. She shouldn't be a member of our community.  

 

"Why do you treat me this way?" she asked one day

 

"Excuse me?" 

 

"Do you hate me so much?" she frowned

 

"We are church people, it's not good for us to hate each other." 

 

"Cut that bull, I can feel it." 

 

"Language Sana, language. Don't swear like a sailor in this christian household." I warned her. 

 

"We should be honest with each other." she argued

 

"Fine, you're not exactly a good example for other people, if you're going to church, might as well abide to the laws."

 

"We all have different sets of Bible interpretation, Dahyun."

 

"The only valid interpretation is what the preacher-men says."

 

"The bible didn't say that people have to be closed minded."

 

"Is that why your mind is so open that you kiss girls?"

 

"That's not… Why are you jealous?" she raised her eyebrows and observed my face and I started to tensed up. 

 

"What an abomination! Not in my christian household! I am not like you! " I felt so attacked and agitated. 

 

"Like what? Do people that go to church supposed to be as judgemental as you are?"

 

"I'm not judgemental, I'm just trying to help you correct your ways. Don't take this personally."

 

"You started it!" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter