The Anti-Social Introvert Vs. The Odd Cupid Who Faked Identity as an Extremely Annoying Extrovert  (MiChaeng)

The Anti-Social Introvert Vs. The Odd Cupid Who Faked Identity as an Extremely Annoying Extrovert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

A small cherub angel was waiting on a distant rooftop near Mina's home. She's using her binoculars to see if someone stepped out of the house.  She had her bow and arrow ready but Mina hadn't come out of her house for weeks.

 

The small cherub even flew on Mina's windows several times just to check if the young girl was still alive. The angel only saw Mina watching TV, reading books, writing on her laptop as a part of work and sleeping most of the time.

 

The angel almost lulled to sleep until the door opened. It must have been a miracle that Mina ran out of her food supplies so she came out of her home. Wearing an oversized hoodie and holding folded eco bags for her groceries.

 

"Okay, Chaeng! You got this. You've been doing this for centuries. You're the best cupid in the world. Just shoot the arrow quickly and your mission will be over." Chaeyoung said excitedly to herself as she flew up and followed Mina's tracks. 

 

Mina apparently stopped walking and looked over a displayed item in a bakery. Chaeyoung had to use her binoculars to check what was it. 

 

A penguin-shaped bread

 

The looks on Mina's face was priceless. She looked like she wanted to buy it until a woman from the bakery started talking to her.

 

"A perfect match! This is the moment I have been waiting for!" Chaeyoung celebrated and prepared her bow and arrow for a hit. 

 

"Would you like to buy it?" a woman from the bakery whose name tag can be read as ‘Tzuyu’ asked Mina, whose face was covered by her hoodie.

 

"N-No…" Mina walked away hurriedly and Chaeyoung's arrow hit the baker girl while the second arrow missed because Mina moved hurriedly.

 

Another girl who's forehead couldn't be seen passed by the bakery and said "I would buy it! I love bread!"

 

"F-Five dollars…" the baker girl blushed

 

"Damn it, she didn't see Mina's face!" Chaeyoung scratched her head and continued to follow Mina. 

 

---

When they reached the grocery store, Chaeyoung decided to wear her invisibility cloak as she landed on the ground and walked beside Mina.

 

They had been walking aisle per aisle as Mina took a lot of supplies on her cart. The girl probably planned not to go out of her house for a long time again.

 

"Let's see potential partners here." Chaeyoung looked around and smiled to herself when she spotted someone… 

 

Mina's neighbour.

 

"Mina!" 

 

Mina looked back and saw someone she knew. Her neighbour/ her church-mate, Dahyun.

 

"Oh, Dahyun." Mina softly spoke

 

"It's been a while, where did you move? I haven't heard about you for quite some time." Dahyun asked

 

"I-I… I still live in the same place." Mina answered awkwardly

 

It's always been like this, Mina would see someone she knows on a grocery store and would ask her where she moved because they have not seen her for a long time. 

 

On the other hand, Chaeyoung was having a hard time deciding whether to use her bow in striking an arrow since Dahyun and Mina was just close to her proximity.

 

"I'll just stab the arrow at them. Easy peasy." Chaeyoung brought out two arrows and held it in her hands.

 

"I see, well, you seem to have a lot of shopping to do. I'll be going my way. Drop by the church some time." Dahyun smiled and waved goodbye to Mina.

 

"This is it!" Chaeyoung was about to stab both Dahyun and Mina with her love arrows until Mina ran towards the rack with her eyes shining brightly the moment she saw the bottles of ketchup. Mina dropped a bottle due to her excitement and the bottle rolled over the floor "Ooops!" causing Chaeyoung to trip over Dahyun and Dahyun fell over the passerby with pink hair.

 

"Ouch!"

 

Chaeyoung looked for the arrows on her hands only to realize she stabbed it towards Dahyun and the passerby.

 

"I-I'm sorry!"

 

Chaeyoung looked for Mina but it seems that Mina fled away from the scene and walked over the other aisle to continue her shopping as if nothing happened.

 

"Such a stubborn introvert! Why don't you just go to the nunnery and isolate yourself forever?!" Chaeyoung was so frustrated towards Mina when her heavenly phone rang.

 

It's a message from God Jihyo.

 

'We have to talk. - God Jihyo'

 

From that moment, Chaeyoung knew she screwed up.

 

---

 

A few moments later in heaven…

 

A heavenly body who had shone so bright appeared before the cupid and Chaeyoung freaked out. 

 

A goddess was shown.

 

"I'm sorry God Jihyo, I have lost my patience and I have sinned!" Chaeyoung kneeled

 

"No one is perfect… except me of course. The holy secretary of God. You may rise," Jihyo spoke and looked at Chaeyoung who was standing up from her kneeling position. Chaeyoung's face looked frustrated due to the pending mission that she couldn't finish because her prospect was highly introverted. "So, Mina? Any progress?" Jihyo asked

 

"N-Not so good… I'm sorry.  Are you sure that Mina is meant to be paired with someone? I think she is one of those people who are better off alone." Chaeyoung let out her sentiments.

 

"It is written in Mina's destiny to have someone she loves." Jihyo snapped her fingers and a crystal ball appeared. Chaeyoung could see Mina reading a book on the crystal ball, smiling.

 

"She looks happy being alone."

 

"She may look happy alone but for sure she gets lonely too. Look what she's reading."

 

Chaeyoung had a closer look at what Mina was reading.

 

"A romantic novel?"

 

"Correct."

 

"I don't know what to do with her, please help me."

 

Chaeyoung saw Jihyo smiling at her and said, "The law of attraction can be quite tricky. If you cannot find someone who compliments might as well find the opposite."

 

"I am aware. I couldn't find someone who compliments with Mina probably because they seldom get out of their house too."

 

"Do you know the opposite of Mina?"

 

Chaeyoung looked at the goddess and tilted her head in curiosity.

 

"Extroverts." 

 

"it's hard for me to find her soulmate because she almost never gets out of her house. I'm not sure if she has friends as well."

 

"Only an extroverted friend could drag an introverted friend out of their house."

 

"I've been in this case for such a long time already. I need to fulfil other love's destinies too."

 

"That wouldn't be a problem," Jihyo snapped her fingers and a golden bow and arrow appeared on her hand. "I'll help you shoot some arrows."

 

"But you haven't been in our class when they gave an archery class for the angels!"

 

"Never doubt God Jihyo."

 

As if a lightbulb inside her head, she smiled as she knew what to do.

 

"I'll be on my way, God Jihyo."

 

Jihyo watched the cupid fly down to Earth and Jihyo smiled happily, she snapped her fingers and a scroll appeared on her hand. She rolled it and read what's written on it.

 

'God is love.'

 

After a few hours, the goddess was bored and decided to do something.

 

"I'll shoot some arrows today." Jihyo looked on Earth "Hmm, how to do this?" Jihyo checked her bow and arrow and looked at her target "I guess this girl may be great for a trial shot."

 

Jihyo closed her left eye to focus on her target "1,2,3...hit!"  Then her eyes grew large when she saw what happened.

 

"Ooops!"

---

 

Chaeyoung had decided to fake her identity as a human being by locking her wings behind her through wearing a key necklace. In that way, she could be Mina's friend and encourage the latter to go out of her house and meet her soulmate.

 

Chaeyoung read a human manual on how to win friends. 

 

Give nice compliments

Treat your friend

Never give up

Do not judge their life choices

Stay by their side

 

"I can do this all, seems easy." Then Chaeyoung saw a group of friends eating a box of pizza for dinner. 

 

'WANTED, DELIVERY GIRL.'

 

"Seems like God's favour is on me." 

 

---

Three knocks were heard on Mina's door. Mina peeped through the hole before she opened it.

 

"Pizza delivery!" A small petite girl smiled at her and handed Mina the box. 

 

Mina thought that the girl was cute because her dimples could be seen when she smiled and she's a cute size like a penguin and the pizza smelled so good but that didn't matter to Mina. 

 

Mina wanted to be alone.

 

"I-I didn't order...pizza!" Mina hurriedly scrammed inside her house and locked the door again

 

Three knocks were heard on Mina's door again.

 

"Dearest customer, it says here Lot 3, Myoui Mina," 

 

Mina peeped through the door again and raised her voice a little so the pizza girl could somehow hear her.

 

"But I didn't order…"

 

"Ouch!" Mina could see the delivery girl holding her leg with a painful expression.

 

"What happened?"

 

"Nothing, tired of long walks, I guess.  Please open the door and take this? I don't want to be fired from my job." The pizza girl looked so sad and worried so Mina slowly opened the door.

 

"How much? The pizza…" Mina asked awkwardly

 

"$8." 

 

"L-Let me get my...wallet," Mina left her door a bit open so the delivery girl went inside her house uninvitedly.

 

While Mina was looking for her wallet at her desk, she was startled by someone talking to her.

 

"Nice place." The pizza girl looked around

 

"W-What are you doing...here?" Mina should feel annoyed because the delivery girl was surely nosey but somehow she couldn't be mad about it. 

 

"Getting the pay." The pizza girl smiled sheepishly

 

"O-Oh, here." Mina handed her a big amount of paper bill.

 

"I don't have a change for that, do you have an exact amount for this?"

 

"Let me see…"

 

It took quite some time of comfortable silence until the Mina spoke again.

 

"I think I don't have…"

 

"You know what, it's okay."

 

"Huh?"

 

"Your pizza is on me." The delivery girl smiled at Mina and slowly walked out the door

 

"W-Wait! But…" the delivery girl held her hand briefly and Mina flinched a little in surprise

 

"My name is Chaeyoung. Here's our card. If you really want to pay for it then why don't you order some pizza at our diner sometime? Or maybe we could share a box? They said it's more fun to eat pizza with a friend." Mina's eyes had gotten bigger and she's looking at the girl with an odd expression and looked back at the card on her hands

 

"By the way, your house looks pretty as you." The delivery girl waved goodbye at the blushing Mina and Mina was left standing at her doorstep in awe for a few minutes.

 

"What just happened?" Mina thought.

 

The delivery girl went towards a secluded alley and removed her key necklace. A bright light appeared as she flew up into the sky.

 

"Jesus, flying is easier than walking. My leg hurts already." 

 

Chaeyoung read a human manual on how to win friends and ticked some goals on the list.

 

Give nice compliments ✓

Treat your friend ✓

Never give up

Do not judge their life choices

Stay by their side

 

"It's a good start," Chaeyoung folded her manual "and she looks cute when she's flustered." she giggled as she looked at Mina who was still flustered on her doorstep.

 

---

 

It's been a week, Chaeyoung kept on waiting for Mina at the diner but she never came. 

 

"Human Manual number 3, never give up!" she sighed

 

Chaeyoung read a human manual on how to win friends. 

 

Give nice compliments ✓

Treat your friend ✓

Never give up ✓

Do not judge their life choices

Stay by their side

 

Chaeyoung was getting bored at the diner's kitchen counter until she heard people yelling at the diner. She came out of the kitchen to check it out. 

 

"You're too much! I've had enough of you! Do you think you're pretty? You're just a narcissistic and you got bunny teeth!" a short-haired girl that looked like a dude said

 

"Oh, really? If I had known better I'd say you've got a crush on me!" the other girl proudly state

 

The short-haired girl scoffed "Not in your wildest dreams, Nayeon! I'd rather die!" 

 

"Well, let me help you!" 

 

"Die!"

 

Chaeyoung saw a chaotic fight between two girls throwing pizza against each other. Chaeyoung was not pleased. 

 

"People should love one another instead of hating one another over petty things. I ought to do something about this." Chaeyoung removed her apron and went out of the diner fastly and ran towards a secluded alley. She removed her necklace and transformed as a cupid. She wore her invisibility cloak and aim for her targets.

 

"From this day onwards, you two will love one another forever."

 

The cupid wanted to spread the love so she shot them to teach them a lesson.

 

And when Chaeyoung went back to her work, she got fired from her job because she was M.I.A. when the fight happened.

 

"Oh, what luck, I guess no pizza for Mina." Chaeyoung sighed being jobless resulting for her to get back on her usual ways.

 

---

She had been spying on Mina's windows and all she could see was Mina doing her work on her laptop and occasionally having a brief phone call from what she guesswork.

 

It's another normal day for Chaeyoung not until she saw a drastic change on Mina's usual stoic expression.

 

Mina looked happy.

 

Mina was having a phone call and answering enthusiastically.

 

"Am I really going to have a book? You're going to publish my story?!" Mina was beyond excited

 

Chaeyoung was weirded out. "So, she's a human being after all." Chaeyoung thought to herself as it's her first time to see Mina showing various expressions on her face.

 

"On Friday? I guess I can come."

 

"Come? So, she's going out?" Chaeyoung saw Mina hesitated a bit but she still smiled all throughout the phone.

 

"Thank you for choosing me! Thank you so much!"

 

When the phone call ended Mina called someone on her phone. 

 

"Somi, I'm going to get published! I was chosen!

 

Mina walked back and forth as she excitedly told what happened to the person on the other line.

 

"Wow, she has a friend." Chaeyoung saw Mina picked up her penguin plushie and hugged it. "Cute."

 

"Somi, are you still there?"

 

"I'm going there at the publishing house on Friday to sign the contract!"

 

"Who is this person?" Chaeyoung felt uneasy but still listened to the conversation, she wanted to hear what the other person was saying so she used her ability to hear well.

 

"Are you happy for me, Somi?"

 

"Let's talk some other time, Mina."

 

"Okay, take care."

 

"That was a cold response." Chaeyoung shrugged as she observed Mina looked in the mirror.

 

"I've got three days to practice what I will say," Mina said worriedly

 

"Hi, I'm Myoui Mina. Nice to meet you!'

 

And it went like that for the succeeding days. When Friday came, Mina looked dolled up from head to toe as she enthusiastically went out of the house.

 

"I guess, it's a good time to shoot the arrow!" Chaeyoung said excitedly as she followed Mina.

 

They've reached the publishing house and Chaeyoung put on her invisibility cloak.

 

Chaeyoung saw Mina smiled towards someone. 

 

"Looks like a compatible match." Chaeyoung prepared her bow and arrow to shoot

 

"Somi! What are you doing here? Will they publish your work too? Oh my god!" Mina asked

 

"So, she is Somi?" Chaeyoung saw that the girl named Somi wasn't smiling at all.

 

"Mina, I'm sorry…"

 

"What are you saying?..."

 

"Miss Myoui Mina?" Someone from the publishing house called her 

 

"Yes?"

 

"Come inside, and you too Miss Somi."

 

Chaeyoung spied on their conversation and lowered down her bow. "Something isn't right."

 

The three people sat down and started talking.

 

"H-Hi, nice t-to meet you… Myoui Mina… I mean, I am Myoui Mina." Mina nervously introduced herself

 

Chaeyoung chuckled "Way to go Mina! Never thought she practiced that for three days." Chaeyoung shook her head in amusement.

 

"I regret to inform you that Miss Myoui, we are not going to publish your work anymore." The man from the publishing company said

 

"What?! Why?" Mina was shocked

 

"We discovered that your work is not authentic."

 

"How could that be? I wrote that myself! Ask Somi, she's my beta reader!"

 

"You plagiarized my work," Somi said and looked down in guilt.

 

The hurt in Mina's expression was visibly shown. "That's not true! I asked you to edit them!"

 

"I have the evidence. I have all the raw drafts."

 

"I have given that to you!"

 

"We're terribly sorry Miss Myoui, we have decided to choose Miss Somi's work instead."

 

Mina was devastated as she stood up from her chair and left, Somi came to follow her.

 

"Mina, wait!"

 

Mina slapped her "How could you do this to me Somi? We've been friends since we were young and you know that this is my dream!"

 

"It is my dream too! And my story is much better than yours! I didn't know why they had to choose yours!"

 

Apparently, Mina and her childhood friend Somi had joined a writing competition and when Mina's work was chosen, Somi was not pleased about it so she told the publisher that Mina plagiari

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter