You, Me, Umma and The Aegi

Love Like This

“Appa~!” My five year old daughter, MiHyun grinned widely and ran towards me. I crouched down and held out my arms and hugged her tightly.

“How was school baby?” I brushed her hair out of her eyes and placed a kiss on her forehead.

“It was great!” MiHyun said and held out the drawing in her hand as I set her down on the ground. “I drew a picture!”

“Wow what is it?” I smiled looking at the picture. My smile faded a little once I realized what she had drawn.

“It’s you, me, umma and the aegi” MiHyun pointed at each figure in her drawing. “Umma and the aegi are angels see. They have wings.”

I cleared my throat and smiled softly. “It’s beautiful, umma would love it” I kissed her cheek. “How about we go get some ice cream, ne?”

“Ne~” MiHyun grinned and held onto my hand tightly.

“Aigoo such a cutie!” My best friend, MiSo grinned as we walked into her ice cream parlor.

“Annyeong emmo” MiHyun smiled and waved at her.

“Annyeong, you’ve come to visit me” She leaned against the counter. “You want some ice cream?”

“Ne” MiHyun nodded as I picked her up to look at the flavors. “Chocolate please~”

MiSo nodded and got the ice cream for MiHyun. “Do you want anything oppa?”

“Anni” I sighed and took out my wallet, handing her the money for the ice cream.

“Anni it’s fine” MiSo handed the money back. “How are you?”

“Im fine” I shrugged. “What about you?”

“Good” She nodded and looked over at MiHyun’s picture. “Is that who I think it is?”

“Ne” I nodded sadly. I had lost my girlfriend and best friend at child birth. We were going to have a baby boy but something went wrong and I lost both. Every time I look at MiHyun it’s an everyday reminder of what I lost. MiHyun had the same smile, the same care free sprit and the even the same laugh as her mother.

“Two years today” I said softly, staring at the the picture.

“Are you going to go visit them?” MiSo asked.

“Ne after this we’ll go” I nodded. After MiHyun finished her ice cream we said bye to MiSo and headed towards the cemetery. Along the way, MiHyun decided to cut up some flowers outside while I bought some Hibiscus syriacus, my girlfriend’s favorite flowers.

After I paid I grabbed MiHyun’s hand and crossed the street. After we paid our respects, I carried MiHyun home. I closed the door with my foot and locked it before walking down the hall and into MiHyun’s room. I changed her into her pajamas and tucked her in. I brushed her bangs out of her eyes and kissed her forehead.

 

“Hyunjoong I have to tell you something”

“What is it?”

“Oppa....im pregnant....”

“Really?!”

“Ne...”

 

That was when I was given the news that I was going to be a father to a beautiful baby girl. Then three years after I got the news again but this time I was going to have a baby boy. We’d be a happy little family, but unfortunately things didn’t go as planned. MiHyun is my whole world. I only live for her now.

 

~~~~

i got teary eyed as i finished writting this T.T

like i said before i don't wish any of this on him i only wish the best for him~