Welcome to Regalia

Sparks of Fire (THE ELITES #1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"All is fair in love and war." - Proverb

#MINJU

I wanted a different life. I wanted to die a successful person, different from who I am today.  That's why when my admission letter to the Regular Division of Regalia Academy arrived, I knew it was my only chance.

"You're leaving?" The orphanage directress asked. I looked at her with confidence.

"I have to. I can't miss this opportunity."

"Of course. This is a great opportunity for you. Regalia is the best school there is. When are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow."

I packed my bags, there isn't much to pack anyways. Everything I have in this place — clothes, home, memories, friends, family — are all fleeting and temporary. By 6AM the next morning, when everyone was still asleep, my shuttle to Regalia arrived.

"Good morning, miss." The man greeted. "You're Kim Minju, I suppose."

"Yes, I am." He eyed me rather oddly that I had to ask. "Is something wrong?"

"Nothing, miss. It's just that most of the students have their families or friends send them off."

"I don't have both, I'm afraid. And besides, I've had a fair share of goodbyes already."

He looked at me and with a forced smile, he decided to no longer push the topic.

"Very well. Let's hit the road."

The drive took 4 hours. From paved roads and highways, we arrived to what seemed like a deserted area.

"Are we lost?" I asked the driver.

"Of course not." He smiled and with final left turn, I was welcomed by a gigantic gate. "Welcome to Regalia Academy."

###

The car stopped to a 6-storey building with huge posts that remind me so much of Greek architecture.

"This is the Regular Division's dorm." A boy with a cave-like voice and interesting accent said. "I am Lee Yongbok. Regular Division, sophomore."

"Kim Minju." I replied shortly.

"I'll accompany you to the admissions office then you can get settled." He said then looked at the driver. "I'll take it from here. Thank you, Mr. Shin."

I followed the freckled boy to a series of rooms before we finally reached the admissions office.

"Li. She's here." Yongbok said and a girl with jet black hair looked at my direction.

"Perfect." The girl said with a smile. "I'm Choi Jisu but you can call me Lia."

"Minju." I replied.

"So here's your uniform, your school badge and the keys to your dorm room and lockers. Your orientation will be at 6 tonight. Yongbok here will come for you." She said with her eye smile. "Welcome to Regalia."

I left the office with Yongbok as he took me back to the dorms.

"Any questions?" Yongbok asked.

"Why are the orientations at night?"

"Starting with the 'why' questions…interesting." He said with a smirk. "Nothing special. I just function better at night but I think it's exciting to see what's lurking in the dark."

"That's very, should I say, philosophical."

"Is that a compliment?"

"Depends on how you want it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter