-end-

Dark Side of The Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

►♪♫◄ ▬▬▬ ►♪♫◄ ▬▬▬  ►♪♫◄

Sunday; 10:00

 

It was a Saturday morning when Hyejin woke up feeling grumpy. The sunlight hitting her face directly through the thin curtains of her room did not make it better. Luckily for her, there was no schedule for the entire group, so she could still laze around in her bed. From the corner of her eyes, she noticed the digits reflected on her clock across the room. It was 10 in the morning.

 

Hyejin’s hazy mind was a second from falling asleep again, till she realized that something was wrong. It was quiet, too quiet. Usually, she would hear noises coming from the outside because the members all rose earlier than her. But the lack of chaos caused her to feel a little anxious.

 

Struggling to get off the bed, she trudged to the main hall where she saw Byulyi reading a book on the couch. Now, that was even weirder! Byulyi doesn’t like reading, why the hell would she be reading one early in the morning? Hyejin was about to ask Byulyi on what she was looking through, but Byulyi noted her presence before she could even start.

 

“There’s bread and eggs on the table, Hyejin. Oh, and Yong made some pancakes too! Eat as much as you want.”

Hyejin gave a low gruff, her stomach already rumbling, “Where are the rest?”

“They went out for shopping, both Yong and Wheein!”

 

Byulyi noticed the staring Hyejin was giving to her book, and she answered the unspoken question, “This? Well, I’m reading up on some tips on how to get girls falling for me. Well, only a particular girl in mind but, it doesn’t hurt to get a dozen more too!” She ended off with a greasy wink that made Hyejin scrunched her nose in disgust.

 

“Since when were you into this sort of thing? I thought you already have enough charms the way you are.”

Byulyi scoffed, “Not enough. I need to up my game. Everyone’s been so cool lately; I feel like I’m not on par.”

That sounded suspicious to Hyejin, “Just whose attention do you want to catch?”

“Isn’t that pretty obvious already?” The taller girl mused, “Of course, it’s Wheein!”

 

Instantly, Hyejin froze. Wheein? Why out of everyone…

She tried to calm herself down, “I thought you’d rather seduce Yongsun unnie…”

“Don’t you know? She keeps rejecting me… Wheeny is perfect. Look at that dimple when she smiles~” Byulyi was dreamily gazing; Hyejin was sure that greasy hamster had her head in her imagination yet again.

Despite that, Hyejin tensed. She definitely did not like what Byulyi was thinking, but she did not know how to express… why? Regardless, she managed to bite out a remark, “Don’t you dare try anything with her! She’s mine!”

“Of course, everyone knows that she’s yours! Your best friend, that is…” Byulyi widened her eyes, “Hey! Since you’re the closest to Wheein, do you know if she’ll like me?”

“Not a chance unnie, not a chance.”

“Wheein won’t reject me, I just know it!” The older girl pouted slightly.

“In your dreams, maybe.”

Byulyi triumphantly grinned, “She has never rejected me, and she wouldn’t! You’ll see for yourself!”

“You’re delusional unnie. Stop it.”

 

Byulyi finally caught sight of the grim expression on Hyejin’s face. She stopped for a moment, wondering why Hyejin was so upset with her.

Hesitantly, she probed, “Hey… You’re not jealous, are you?”

Hyejin spluttered, “WHAT? Of course not! Whatever, you can have her if you want!”

 

Byulyi was dumbfounded when Hyejin stomped off with her half-eaten breakfast still left on the table. Not jealous? Oh boy…

 

 

►♪♫◄ ▬▬▬ ►♪♫◄ ▬▬▬  ►♪♫◄

Sunday; 14:00

 

Yongsun and Wheein had returned from their grocery shopping earlier. The girls just finished their lunch when Hyejin proceeded to drag Wheein back to her room. Sensing that Hyejin wasn’t in a good mood, Wheein followed her without any protest. Normally, they would build a pillow fort on the ground so that they can sit and talk for hours, but this time Hyejin just plopped on her bed. Wheein furrowed her eyebrows when she saw Hyejin signaling her to join her on her bed.

 

She wasn’t one to reject physical intimacy and cuddles, so she climbed and settled in Hyejin’s embrace comfortably. Brushing the stray strands of Hyejin’s baby hair, she waited for Hyejin to start talking. Preferably about why she was not feeling well.

 

“Wheein, you are mine… You know that, right?”

Wheein was confused, but nodded anyway, “Of course. I’m yours always!”

“Then stop being so close to Byulyi unnie,” Hyejin whined, “today you have to stay close to me!”

That didn’t make any sense to Wheein and sensing it was part of Hyejin’s distress, she cautiously quipped, “Did anything happen between both of you while we were out?”

Hyejin shook her head, but Wheein quickly spotted her ears getting red, “No… Well… She bullied me!” Hyejin had her cheeks puffed out unknowingly, the sight of it made Wheein smile automatically.

“That doesn’t sound like what Byulyi unnie would do, though…”

“She did! She was so annoying and made me angry!” Hyejin insisted.

“Maybe you misunderstood her.”

“No! She was an ! Just stick to me today!”

“Alright, alright!” Wheein sighed. It’s her turn to compromise with Hyejin today.

 

Hyejin finally released a genuine smile for the first time in the day.


“Wheeinie?”

“Hmmm?”

“Have I told you how adorable you are?” Hyejin gushed over Wheein’s confused face, “I love you.”

►♪♫◄ ▬▬▬ ►♪♫◄ ▬▬▬  ►♪♫◄

Sunday; 16:00

 

Yongsun glanced at the book in Byulyi’s hand and sighed.

 

“Do I want to know what have you done again?”

“What have I done?” Byulyi playfully responded.

“Hyejin was pissed and Wheein had been by her side the entire day, that is just unusual. And Wheein looked worried, she was not like that when she went shopping with me in the morning.” Yongsun narrowed her eyes at the hamster, who was grinning right back at her, “Explain yourself.”

“Well… I did nothing much. Just a bit to rile Hyejin… You know how easily she gets worked up.”

“And what is that book for?”

“To accomplish my mission, did you really think I’ll read that?” Byulyi laughed, the sound soft so that the maknaes won’t catch it.

“If this doesn’t work out, I’ll hold you accountable, Moon Byulyi!” Yongsun said sternly, her eyes glaring daggers at Byulyi, who seemed unfazed by it.

“Unnie, please, chill! I’m just so sick of them dancing so boldly near that boundary of each other’s, yet neither of them is willing to make a move. It’s going to be a tragic drama if we don’t give them a little push.”

 

Yongsun nodded absentmindedly at Byulyi’s statement, forcing herself to keep her sigh in when she knew that Byulyi was right.

 

 

►♪♫◄ ▬▬▬ ►♪♫◄ ▬▬▬  ►♪♫◄

Sunday; 20:00

 

Hyejin and Wheein had planned to binge-watch movies together in the living room. They had cuddled, talked, and slept the afternoon away. True to her words, Hyejin did not let Wheein near Byulyi for even a second. Hyejin made sure that every time Byulyi was around, she was glued to Wheein so that the older girl would not get to her. Strangely enough, it seemed as if Yongsun was helping her to restrain Byulyi too.

 

Now, Wheein was sitting comfortably on the couch waiting for Hyejin to return.

 

“Hey!” A figure sat next to her. It was Byulyi.

“Oh hi unnie,” Wheein smiled, “I didn’t get to talk to you much today, sorry. Hyejin is a little… grumpy today. She said you were being mean to her, and she’s still mad at you.”

“It’s fine; she’ll be okay soon!”

 

Byulyi shifted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter