Chapter 3

Path Of Hate

 

"Oh! It's too late! Guys I need to go home" ~~~~~~ said and stood up, packing her things. L.Joe sneaked into the library and hid in-between the bookshelves. He is not too far and not too close. Just okay for him to hear them. "Be careful okay? I don't want you to get hurt while going home okay?" Gongchan said, with a worried tone. "Haha~ Okay okay. I will." ~~~~~~ replied which brought the smile back to Gongchan's face. "Okay okay. Bye~" Sandara said. L.Joe heard it all. His blood boiled once again but just shrugged it off. ~~~~~~ went outside and L.Joe followed. "Is someone following me?" She muttered. She looked at her back and found no one. L.Joe hid beside the lockers. ~~~~~~ sighed. *Maybe it was just an illusion* ~~~~~~ thought. Then ~~~~~~ went to the bus stop to wait for a bus. Minutes later, not even a single bus came. "Aish. I'll just take a walk" ~~~~~~ muttered in annoyance. When she was just steps away from the bus stop, big drops of rain fell from the sky, annoying ~~~~~~ more. "Aish!!!!!! I forgot my umbrella at home!" She yelled. She got soaked all over. From head to toe. Then she felt the rain drops stopped falling on her. "It stopped raining?" She looked around, seeing that it's still raining. She then turned around, just to see L.Joe standing there with a black umbrella, looking not to her, but in a straight direction. "Thank you, L.Joe" ~~~~~~ thanked him. Her heart is pounding and is beating fast. *What's wrong with my heart?* ~~~~~~ asked in her mind. "I will walk you home. Okay?" L.Joe said. ~~~~~~ just nodded. 
 
The rest of the way was awkward. Way too awkward. No one's daring to talk. When they reached ~~~~~~'s house, the rain is still hard. "Thank you for walking me home, L.Joe-shii" ~~~~~~ said casually. When she was about to bow, he stopped her by holding her shoulder. "Don't bow. No problem. Bye" L.Joe cooly said and started walking his own way home. ~~~~~~ can't deny the fact that her heart started beating faster when she saw him. "He's just so perfect that I can't stop myself from falling for him. But he's a kingka. I'm just a normal student. Maybe a nerd one?" ~~~~~~ muttered. *No. You'll never fall in love. Love is equal to pain.* She thought. She then changed her soaked uniform into a pair of fresh clothes and rested. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
"Why is my heart thumping hard when she stared at me?" L.Joe asked himself. "You like that girl?" Ricky popped in from nowhere. "Or maybe love her?" Niel added. *They can really be creepy sometimes* L.Joe thought. "I'm not creepy" Ricky pouted. "So am I!" Niel said. "Wait how did you two know what I was thinking?" L.Joe asked, his eyebrow raised. "You were giving us the 'you-are-creepy-look' you know." Ricky said. Niel nodded in agreement. *So I love ~~~~~~? I don't know. I thought I like Hwe Ji* L.Joe thought. He stood up, with his hands on his pockets. "Where are you going?" CAP asked. "Somewhere" L.Joe simply replied and walked out. 
 
L.Joe went to the park where he usually hangs out whenever he is confused or stressed about something. He walked towards the usual bench where he sits at whenever he's trying to relax himself. This time, he don't have a problem. But he is confused. His mind is confused. Even his heart is confused. He doesn't know if he really likes or loves ~~~~~~. He laid on the bench and stared at the sky. He stared at the sky as the clouds passed by. He closed his eyes to relax himself. When he opened it, he saw many birds flying at the same time like they were programmed to fly in a synchronized manner. Half of his heart says he still loves Hwe Ji. But another half of it says he loves ~~~~~~. His mind is on a big mess right now. His mind is full of thoughts, but he needs to decide, whether he loves Hwe Ji or ~~~~~~. One of them needs to be forgotten, removed. But then, there is a side that both of the girls can be hurt.
 
He sighed, messed up his hair, and walked back home. When he got home, they were all gone. "I'm glad I am alone" L.Joe said and walked to his bedroom. He searched for something on his table. He found a photo album. He flipped through the pages. It was a photo album of him and a girl. They were both in the same pictures. The girl was no other than Do Hwe Ji. His first love. Tears rolled down his cheeks as he reminisce their memories together. She left him when they were 15. She left him. So she needs to be forgotten, not ~~~~~~. He made a decision on his mind. He will forget Do Hwe Ji and will love Han ~~~~~~ more. 
 
He then placed the photo album away and went to bed. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
"I felt sick" ~~~~~~ said as she placed her hand on her forehead. "Aigoo~" Sandara said as she place his hand on her forehead and her other hand on her own forehead. "You're really sick. Go get rest~" Sandara said. "I'll go get the medicines" Gongchan said and he hurriedly ran to the medicine cabinet and took some medicines for fever. When he got it, he quickly ran back and handed the medicines to Sandara. "Here~ Take this okay? Just rest. When we got assignments, I will take your books and I will help you do it. Okay?" Sandara said, like a mom talking to her daughter. "Yes, Mom" ~~~~~~ answered, muttering the last part. "What?" Sandara said, even if she heard it clearly. "Nothing~" ~~~~~~ said. Gongchan just chuckled at the two. "Okay, okay. Sandara, we need to go. We're going to be late" Gongchan said as he slung his backpack on his shoulder. "Okay~ Bye ~~~~~~~~~~" Sandara waved and closed the door to her room. ~~~~~~ sighed and drank her medicines. Then she sneezed. "Aigoo~ must be the effect of me getting soaked in the rain" ~~~~~~ sighed. She made a mental note that she shouldn't get soaked by rain and she should always bring her umbrella. 
 
When Sandara and Gongchan arrived at their school, it was still early so the early students were the one who's there. And that includes the queenkas, which comes to school early to bully some 'easy-to-be-bullied' students. "Gongchan~ Go to your room now. I'm just gonna go somewhere" Sandara lied. She doesn't want Gongchan to be hurt and she doesn't want Gongchan to know that she's one of the students who always gets bullied by those queenkas. "Okay then" Gongchan said and they parted ways. Sandara went to her locker and a group of girls cornered her. "Hey nerd." One girl, named Lisa said. "I'm not a nerd" Sandara bluntly replied. "So you're going to answer us like that?" Lisa said. She pulled her hair and slapped her, hard. A red mark was left on her face. Little did they know that Gongchan was there, watching the scene, hiding beside the lockers. Gongchan gasped as he saw Lisa slapping Sandara. He was about to save Sandara when a guy appeared and pushed all the queenkas away. "Stop bullying her. She is way more better than all of you. You queenkas are just the kind of girl who needs to be taught a lesson" the guy exclaimed. The girls were shocked, including Sandara. "Queenkas should rule the school, in a way that the school would behave. Queenkas should be the role models for the other students to excel and behave well. All of you are the opposite. All of you are leading students to bully other students. Isn't it bad? You're not just hurting other students. All of you are ruining the school's reputation. What do you think other schools will say? That 'this school is full of bullies and bad guys etc'? Stop doing this nonsense things" He added. The group of queenkas were taken aback. They all ran away. 
 
He leaned his hand for her to get so he can help her stand up. She hesitantly placed her hand on his and he helped her stand up. "Thank you for saving me" Sandara said with tears threatening to fall from her eyes. "No problem. I'm kinda annoyed by this matter. I hope they will stop. What's your name by the way?" The guy said. Sandara's heart started pounding. *He's so cool* She thought. "Oh. Uhm.. I'm Sandara. Sandara Park." She answered casually. "Soohyun. Shin Soohyun" He said. They shake hands and had a comfortable conversation while walking around the corridors. "You're my savior!" Sandara said. Soohyun chuckled. "It's nothing." He smiled. "Oh. I need to go find my friend. Bye~" Sandara waved. He waved back and Sandara walked away. She clutched her chest, in the area where her heart is placed. It was thumping hard. Then Gongchan appeared, startling her. "Yah! You scared me!" Sandara exclaimed. "Sorry, sorry! I didn't mean to scare you" Gongchan said while waving both of his hands. "Aigoo. It's okay it's okay" Sandara said. "Wait, what's wrong with your cheek? Why is there a red mark on it?" Gongchan asked, acting like he didn't know what exactly happened.
 
"Nothing. I just bumped into my locker door. Don't worry" Sandara lied, not wanting Gongchan to worry. *Psh.Liar* Gongchan thought. "Aigoo! Clumsy you! Be careful next time okay? I don't want your cheeks to be red always!" Gongchan said, making Sandara laugh. "Okay, okay" She said. "Let's go. After school we need to go to ~~~~~~'s house to check her and for the assignments if there will be" Sandara explained. Gongchan nodded. "I hope she will be okay tomorrow! She can't skip school always!" Gongchan said. "That's why she needs to be okay" Sandara replied. Meanwhile, L.Joe heard their conversation.
 
*What happened to ~~~~~~? She isn't here today* L.Joe thought. "I'll found out later." He said to himself. When he entered their classroom, he went to Sandara. "Where is the girl beside you?" He asked in a cool manner. "Oh. Her. She's sick today so she can't attend the classes today." Sandara answered. "Okay" L.Joe simply replied. He placed his hands on his pockets and walked out of the classroom. Sandara thought he's just gonna walk around the school but she was wrong. He's probably gonna ditch school. He know where ~~~~~~'s house is, so he's gonna pay her a visit. Just to make sure she's okay.
 
When he arrived at ~~~~~~'s house, it was simply quiet. He softly knocked on the door. "Who's there?" A soft voice yelled upstairs. "Me." He replied. When she opened the door, she quickly closed it again. "Hey. You're not even going to let me inside?" L.Joe said. "Why are you here? You supposed to be at school now right?" ~~~~~~ asked. "Yeah. I am visiting you. But you won't let me in so my effort is wasted" L.Joe said, making ~~~~~~ open the door for him. 
 
"What do you want to drink?" ~~~~~~ asked casually. "No, thanks. You're sick. You supposed to be resting now" L.Joe answered, with his hands on his pockets. "Yeah. But you're a visitor" ~~~~~~ said. "Yes I know but you are sick. Go rest." L.Joe answered. ~~~~~~ walked towards the kitchen but before she could enter the kitchen, she passed out. Luckily, L.Joe moves so quick and he managed to catch her before she could fall onto the cold floor.