Pre-Sangkyeonrae (상견례)

YesungxCloud One Shots/ Prompts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Note: 상견례 (sangkyeonrae) is a formal meeting between two households in Korea before marriage.]

"Are you ready?" the man with thin almond eyes asked with a concerned tone.

"You know I'm not," the young lady across him responded anxiously then faced him.

"Okay. Just... relax," his left hand patted her shoulder while his right hand cupped her cheek.

"I'm trying," she looked up then hugged him while breathing heavily.

They're both standing behind the front door where there are five men waiting outside who've been hitting the doorbell for a few minutes now.

They've been preparing for this meeting for over a week now and whether she's ready or not, she's got no choice but to welcome them tonight.

"Hello...?!" shouted by a man outside. He and his company planned to bang the door but was opened right away before they could even make a noise.

"Guys! How are you all?" the man holding the doorknob nervously greeted.

They all gave him a subtle greeting then stepped inside and exchanged bows with the only female inside the house.

"Are you two okay, Jongwoon-hyung? What took you so long to open the door?" the shortest man asked while they proceeded to sit in the living room.

"Sorry, Ryeowook-ah. There was just a last-minute arrangement we made before opening the door."

The youngest male nodded as he understood what his Hyung just said.

"So...? Will you introduce her to us?" the man with the longest hair said.

"Oh, right. Sorry. Everyone, this is Claudia. My fiancé."

Fiancé. So, this isn't a dream—everyday she forgets she's engaged to her idol and realizes it whenever she's reminded about it even by the smallest things.

"Hello, everyone. You can just call me Soohyun if you want. It's nice to finally meet you all," she bowed shyly then looked at Jongwoon like she's asking for help on what to do next.

They all greeted her in unison before his fiancé introduced them to her.

"Soohyun, these are Ryeowook, Youngwoon, Heechul, Jungsoo, Donghae and Hyukjae," he introduced his friends accordingly. "Apparently, the others couldn't be here because of their busy schedule but you can meet them later," he continued.

All of them exchanged bows again and the guys started congratulating the couple that lasted for a few minutes.

"I hope you're all hungry because I cooked a lot for dinner," deep inside she's panicking but as always, she's trying hard not to show it except from her awkwardness which is just inevitable.

They all went to the kitchen where there is a feast-like table waiting for them.

The dinner went well. At first, they were all careful with Claudia, not to throw her off with something she wouldn't understand or relate to since she's a foreigner but later on, they got comfortable and were already teasing the engaged couple. Claudia was pretty chill to be with regardless of her timid personality, makes it easier for the guys to act natural around her.

They're all gathered in the living room drinking beer and soju after dinner, talking about the couple's plan about their wedding; the dates and other details while throwing jokes here and there. Not something the guys would talk about but they're pretty excited for Jongwoon. Even if he is already the third member to get married in the group, this is the only second time they'll attend it and first time they have given ample time to prepare. Hence, enough time for the actual preparation and spare time for get-togethers to simply have fun and/or discuss about anything important or just random stuff they could think of.

They continued chatting and laughing while Claudia's in the kitchen cutting fruits with Ryeowook.

"Did you prepare all the food alone?" the doe-eyed man asked.

"I did all the cooking while Jongwoon provided assistance," she smiled then scratched her forehead with her backhand.

"Aigoo! That Hyung doesn't really help much. Does he? I hope you'll be patient with him," Ryeowook raised his brow while overlooking his Jongwoon-hyung.

"Oh, no! He's been really help

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter