Ch 3

It's haunted

Why is this thing on ? also who the is messing on my pc right now?

Moonbyul can't believe her luck, all her files for work is in that box of metal and there’s a potential hacking in her neighbourhood. She’s been using the free wifi provided by the building and now this happens. There’s nothing much on her pc. She is just a regular photographer, taking photos for events and sometimes a request by a client. But if those files get deleted, including the edited and touched ones, she’s doomed. She spent a lot of time to edit those.

It’s not the highest pay job but still managed to keep her alive while doing something that she loves. Her parents are really supportive in her career of choice but Byul being Byul, she doesn’t want to give more burden to her parents. They still have 2 moon sisters with tuition to pay. She hopes someday she will big gig to help lessen her parent's burden.

Who is it? those kids before? but they just left. They can’t jump straight to the pc when Byul just saw them running down the hall.

She decided to disconnect the wifi and back up all her files in her hard drive. There is already a box full of hard drives below the desk that needs to be rearranged as it’s so messy. Looking at them giving Byul a headache.

First, the kids on her door, second, the electricity cant power the light but can power up her pc, third,  some wannabe techie trying to mess with her loved ones. Don’t get her wrong, this is still the best investment she ever did. At least she won't have trouble powering on her pc. But great things also can come with some flaws. These are some of them.

She buried her face on her hands and sighed loudly before cracking the tense muscles on her neck and her lower back. The light still flickers on and off and she decided to just turn it off all along. She can't risk her pc dies while backing up. Making a mental note to go check cheap UPS on Monday, she stands up and doing a half-assed stretch. A satisfied moan left . Feels good.

 


 

Rummaging through the kitchen counter, she decided to make herself a cup of hot chocolate. She’s been having trouble sleeping lately and some random people on the internet make an article about hot chocolate can help with that. She wants to try the theory.

As soon as she takes a sip, the lights flicker again and now it’s a total blackout. There’s no dim light from her bedroom, meaning now the electricity is completely shutdown.

“Great, what the hell happened today? Or is it the ghost trying to kick me out ?” Moonbyul is pissed. The aircon went off so she needs to open the window, which will attract a new problem. Bugs.

“It’s not me.”

“What the !?” Moonbyul jumped from the sound, spilled the warm liquid on her shirt. Thank heavens it’s a black shirt today. Not white.

“Who are you !? I s-swear I’m going to call the police!” She threatened while reaching her phone. As on cue, her phone lights up so she quickly grabbed it and turn on the torch.

“No no no. not the police! I don’t want to go to jail!” the voice panicked. If I show you myself, promise me you won't call the police?

“Depends.“

“I swear I’m not a bad person.“

“Dialling the police now …“ Before Moonbyul could open the phone app, the light from her phone suddenly flickers and dies. So does her phone. What’s with the flickering today !? Stupid cheap phone dying on time like this!

“Umm, can we sit down and talk this out now? Also, I’m sorry about your phone. That one is me.“

“How did you do that?“ Terrified, Moonbyul takes a step back only to realize she’s trapped between the dining table and her sink.

“The electricity will be fixed soon. Blackout in this building usually took 10 minutes.“

As soon as the voice said that, the light went on. But there’s no one in the room. Moonbyul grabbed the nearest thing beside her. A ladle she used for the soup yesterday. Gripping the ladle with both hands for self-defence, she checks every corner of her house only to find it clean. There’s no sign of breaking in.

Am I going crazy or what? They said sleep deprivation do this to people.

Just when she lowers her guard, her bedroom door slammed shut. Successfully trapping her inside.

“I know you’re outside you freakin psycho! Let me out! “ She tries to open the door with both hands but it won't budge.

“I’m sorry. I shut the door in case you want to run away. Also, this way you can’t call the police, you left your phone on the table. “ She froze. The voice is inside her bedroom all this time. Her only weapon is now on the floor.

“Please don’t kill me. Also, p-please don’t rob me, I-I have nothing on me. “ She could hear the other person sighed.

“I won't kill you. Please. Let’s talk? Just sit down. Make yourself comfortable. “ The voice talked as if they were the owner. Moonbyul obliged though. Based on what she has read and watch on tv, psycho like this doesn’t really like when their victims fought back. She will have to be witty and talk her way out of this. Moonbyul turned around to find the room empty. Does the person put a speaker in this room? The previous owner? What if the previous owner is a psycho and it’s not an actual ghost? Because that is scarier than the ghost. Human could actually kill.

“Promise me you won’t scream first.“ As soon as she nods, there’s a shadow emerging from the wall. It doesn’t come closer but it’s still scary as . Moonbyul did what she promised. She’s not screaming but hanging open in disbelief. What the heck is that?

“Umm hello .. “ Moonbyul fainted .. “Well this is awkward“.

 


 

The room is dark, dim light from the city shining through the window. Moonbyul wakes up, reaching her alarm clock. It said 1:32 AM.

“Don’t tell me all those chaos were a dream. “ she mumbled, massaging her temple. Her head hurts.

“It’s real. “ The voice is near. It’s too near. THE VOICE IS RIGHT BESIDE HER!

“HOLY ! WHO ARE YOU! “

“Calm down! “ The shadow jumped from the bed. Keeping a safe distance. “I’m the ghost living in here!“

“LIKE HELL I WILL BELIEVE IT. “ She jumped from the bed and turn on the lights only to find the room empty. She turned it off again and realize there’s a shadow stood beside her bed. She turned it on again only to see it disappears.

“Believe me now? “

“Holy .“

She’s not one to be afraid of a ghost but she can't believe she’s talking to one right now when all she did is denying the existence of a ghost. Or the possibility of it. The ghost, just like what they described in a horror story, is a girl with long black hair. The face is kinda blurred and she’s somehow wearing a … crayon pyjama?

“Umm Hello ..? “ The ghost tilted her head. Moonbyul can’t see her face but the gesture is really cute she can't help but chuckle. That’s it. I’m going insane. There’s no other explanation.

“Okay, let’s say you’re a ghost. Aren’t your duty is supposed to scare me?“ she decided to humour her imagination. The shadow seems excited when Moonbyul actually believes her.

“I’m a ghost! But yeah. I use to scare people because that’s what ghosts do. At least the ghosts in tv. But it gets lonely when people left so I think being friendly maybe will make them stay? “ The ghost played with the hem of her pyjama.

“How did you die? Why are you in PJ? “

The ghost lifts her head. Even though Byul cant see where exactly is her eyes, she can sense that the ghost is looking at her.

“I don’t know. I only know my name. it’s Yongsun. “

“The name is Moonbyul. “ She cant believe she’s introducing herself to a ghost. The room once again falls into silence.

“Also I want to apologize for the computer and that Thursday night. “

“Thursday night? “

“I- … I think it’s wrong if I didn’t apologize. I-I … umm, I saw you .. in this room... “

Wait...

She’s not talking about that night right? That Thursday night? because that night Byul was-

“watching and e“

“ !? YOU WHAT !? “

“B-but I left as soon as you pulled down your pants. Don’t worry. “

So, not only did this ghost using her computer, she saw her e.

“I just hear a tiiinyyyy little bit tho. The wall is not really that thick.“

Great. And she heard her too.