Ch 1

It's haunted

“A-ah, sseul .. right there !”

A rhythmic thumping could be heard from the next room while Moonbyul trying to disappear with the help from her pillow. It does a little to tune out the moans and grunts from her roommate and her girlfriend though.

‘Remind me why I’m still here again.’ She mutters to herself and decided to just go out for fresh air. Putting on her shoes and jacket, she shuffles her way out into the cold night. A way to calm down her rising libido after hearing her roommate getting some tonight. So much for being single and happy.

 


 

She walks aimlessly, looking ahead but not looking at the same time. Her stomach protest in hunger as she tried to calm it down by rubbing and patting it. ‘Pft, as if it would work’. Feeling around her pockets, she found some coins in her jeans and another bill in her jacket. Enough to buy herself exactly a cup of instant noodle. She entered the nearest convenience store and went straight to the cashier, where the cup sat quietly waiting for people with cheap- like her to grab.

“It’s 1300 won. Is that all ?”

Answering with a nod, Moonbyul went to serve herself a well deserved midnight snack. While waiting for the noodle to cook, she pulled out her phone. There’s a list of bookmarks she already done for some of the apartments in Seoul. Considering how much she can make a month, maybe she could afford a single room one. Sacrificing a little bit of space is actually worth it than hearing the love life of her roommate. Don’t get her wrong, she loves Seulgi, but not to the point of coming home to see her making out with her girlfriend on their shared couch, or worse, having on it.

Seulgi and her girlfriend, Joohyun, or Irene for short, met through Moonbyul. She can see that the two instantly hit it off and Byul was more than happy with the development. She already treated Seulgi as her own sister and seeing her in good hands like Irene making her feels at ease. Having Irene coming to their shared apartment sometimes has it perks too since the oldest loves to take care both of them.  She even caught them falling asleep on the couch when she was working late, cuddling each other. Remembering those making her heart goes soft until she remembered once again why she was outside at 1 in the morning eating instant noodle. A scowl unconsciously making an appearance on her face.

Ticking another link to bookmarks, she received a text from Seulgi.

SisSeul

Unnie, where are you?

Me

Outside. U done ing?

SisSeul

Going for the next round! jk. Come home < 3

Me

What do u want? U wont use a heart emoji for nothing

SisSeul

U know me so well unnie < 3 U r in that convenience store around the corner right? grab me some pringles on ur way home plz. I’ll pay it later

Me

I’ll charge more for delivery

Without waiting for a reply, she turned off the display. Time to go home.

 


 

“Unnie, you don’t have to move out you know”. Come a voice from the kitchen. It was one of those rare days when Irene has to work overtime making it possible for the two to discuss Moonbyul’s plan. Irene doesn’t even know that Moonbyul is going to move out and being a soft-hearted that she is, Moonbyul doesn’t want to make Irene think it’s her fault. Moonbyul hangs her head upside down to look at Seulgi.

“I know, but I also want Irene to move in with you.”

“Unnie! Don’t you think it’s too fast? We only know each other for what? 8 months? And stop with that disgusting wink!”

“Indeed. But you act like you guys are married for 8 years tho. So it’s just right. And there’s no way I’m gonna bring someone over when you two are home. You guys will interrogate them like my parents will do.

Moonbyul grabbed her phone and shows it to Seulgi when the younger one joined her on the couch. There’s one apartment that she’s been eyeing on. It was spacious and the rent is not that expensive, she can definitely afford it without digging a hole in her bank account. She found the apartment on 1 of facebook ads. From all the apartment she has been checking out, this one is just recently posted. The comment section is not that good though since they mention that it was haunted. No wonder it was cheap.

“See. I already found the perfect place to stay. It’s not that far from here so you guys can crash over. It’s also just 1 stop away from the office.“

Seulgi scrolled down the page. There are some pictures of the apartment and they are indeed looking good. It was spacious enough for 1 person to live in. A bathroom with shower installed, a shoe cabinet, a living room connected to a small kitchen with all the necessity and a washing machine. A dining table and 4 chairs also present. There’s no balcony but it said that there’s a rooftop to hang your laundry dry. The last picture is a hallway located between the kitchen and the living room, leading to a single bedroom with a walk-in wardrobe. The frowns on Seulgi face getting more and more visible as she scrolls down. In conclusion, this is too good to be cheap.

“I know this is good unnie, but don’t you think the price is a little bit suspicious? What if the actual place is not looking like this.”

“Oh, the reason is actually there in the comment section.“

 

It’s haunted.

 

“It’s haunted.” Seulgi repeat. “Are you out of your ing mind? You sure you gonna invite yourself like some stupid people in the movie and getting killed just because it’s cheap? This is stupid. Unbelievable stupid. Wait until Joohyun unnie hear this.” She fumed, tossing the phone back for Moonbyul to juggle it.

“Hey! I still pay for this! And, as someone who is working with tech kinds of stuff, I don’t believe in ghost. You know people love to link everything they can't explain with either magic or ghost.”

“Just don’t regret this unnie. I will slam the door on your face if you running back to us screaming it’s haunted. I warned you. “

“Sure sure.”

 

 

 

Little did Moonbyul know, it’s indeed a ghost.