Yellow (Kkubi/Eunsaku)

How To Not Break A Heart?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is a fast paced timeline

 

 

‘It’s unbelievable.

Where we are now.

It’s like we grow older in only a matter of seconds.

Where now I’m here looking over you.

And you, you keep your eyes on me’

 

Sakura fixes her guitar strap and checks the tuning.

She turned around checking on her bandmates.

“All good?” she asked.

When she get nods from them, she turned around.

Looking at the girl, her loved one.

She smiles.

 

“Hello my name is Miyawaki Sakura,you all might already know. This is….” she introduced her bandmates and turned back to her guitar.

 

“1, 2, 1 2 3” the strums filled the hall.

 

The sounds of their instruments echo.

 

This song, the song she is about to sing, dedicated to her one and only, Kwon Eunbi.


 

The bride was holding back her smile. But she can’t contain her happiness. Not after seeing the person she loves the most.


 

**********


 

It was her second year in middle school. But it was also her first day at the new school.

Given the normal adrenaline rush, Kwon Eunbi walked into the classroom acting cool.

Thank Goodness all the kids are friendly and it was far from her imagination.

 

They weren’t what they said in Quora.

She had done some googling about moving school and most of them talked about being bullied. 

 

Maybe her luck did good this time, she makes it out fine.

 

Walking to the cafeteria for the first time, as a newbie scares her a bit. But someone made it easy. Juri and Jiyeon, her classmates helped navigate her to and fro the school.

 

All in all, it was all good.

 

In the other class however, someone was watching her.

And it’s hard to pretend, but Eunbi actually saw her first. It’s hard to ignore such a strong presence.

The big doe eyes, big eyes, pink lips and cheeks and her clean manners. Eunbi stares at the girl who sat a few tables away.

 

“Miyawaki Sakura. Class A” Juri said.

“What?” Eunbi stopped her daydream.

“Her name is Miyawaki Sakura. She’s the top student here. A bit shy. But you can try saying hello to her” Juri smiles. Totally knew about her doings.

“I was just… admiring her face” Eunbi made excuses.

“Honestly who wouldn’t”


 

Their PE was done separately. Although they’re in the same grade, their schedule never clashes. Thus flew all Eunbi’s hope in seeing the beautiful girl.

 

But that morning, in the classroom, someone came to her.

Cheeks flushed, sweet voice and head hung low.

 

“Can..can I borrow yours?” the girl asked.

Eunbi was starstrucked and kept on gazing at the beauty in front of her.

 

Sensing the latter freeze, Sakura waved her hands.

“Hello?”

“Ah.. oh yeah. Yes yes you can. Yes” Eunbi just said yes without hearing what she said.

“Miyawaki Sakura” she offered her hand.

“Miyawaki Eunbi” “No no! Kwon Eunbi” Eunbi shakes her head. Being ashamed. “I’m sorry!!!”

 

Sakura was clearly flustered.

Taking a few breaths before she gave Eunbi her sweet smile. Sending Eunbi flying to Nirvana.

“Kireii…..” Eunbi blurted out.

Sakura wasn’t sure what she heard so she asked her “Eh?”

Eunbi gulped “Beautiful. You’re beautiful”

And there again Eunbi saw how quick Sakura’s cheeks turned pink. As pink as the cherry blossom colours.

Maybe that’s why her parents gave her name as Sakura. Totally suits her.


 

Miyawaki Sakura was not a talkative person.

In fact she is a really shy girl.

Asking Eunbi if she can borrow her shoes for PE is totally a big achievement. 

Sakura forgot her sports shoes at home and only have her clothes in hand.

It's like destiny, today’s PE is Eunbi’s class.

So she decided to ask her. The girl she admires from afar.

 

To add to the list of her clumsiness, Eunbi gave her shoes to Sakura right away. Not remembering that her PE class isn’t up yet. 

“But won’t you need it for your PE?”

“It’s okay you need it more” she smiled at Sakura.

Sakura hesitates but Eunbi forced her to take it and gave her a silly smile.

 

And that day, Eunbi had to lie to the PE teacher saying she’s feeling unwell.

Well, she doesn’t have suitable shoes for PE, so she better stay in class anyway. An excuse for a sleepover in class.

 

Eunbi scribble on a piece of paper.

Drawing a perfect sakura flower. Complete with sets of heart eyes emojis.

She had fallen asleep when Sakura came into her class to give her the shoes.

 

And of course, Sakura saw the scribbles.

Asking if it’s for her and whipped Eunbi nodded.

Giving yet again another of her belonging to the girl she barely knew.

If Sakura asked there and then, Eunbi would even give her heart to her too.

 

That was the start of their friendship.

 

Going into high school together and spending weekends at each other’s house.

 

Their family had grown close it felt like they’re cousins or relatives.


 

**********


 

“I think he likes you” Eunbi whispered to Sakura’s ear. Catching the oblivious girl off guard.

Sakura was too deep into her game she didn’t even aware someone was looking.

 

Eunbi nudged Sakura again to finally get her attention.

“What is it Kwon Eunbi?” Sakura asked. In annoyance.

“I think the boy likes you”

“Who?” Sakura creased her forehead.

 

Eunbi put a finger to that creased forehead.

“Don’t frown, you’ll get older quick”

“Yeah. As if I’m getting younger everyday” Sakura rolled her eyes.

 

“Okay but he’s totally checking you out”

“Who?” Sakura was still confused.

“8 o’clock. My 12” Eunbi said.

“You’re 16” Sakura scoffed and turned to the direction.

The boy was totally checking her out when he suddenly went flustered trying to cover himself.

 

Eunbi laughs “See, I told you” 

Seeing a hint of pink on Sakura’s cheeks makes her feel something.

Jealous? No she won’t be. Why would she be jealous anyway.

 

The next day, stalker boy came to Sakura.

Pushed by few of his friends. He introduced himself and gave a piece of paper to Sakura.

 

Eunbi had never seen Sakura looking at someone so deep.

Probably with her eyes too.

She hates it.

And more, she regretted it.

She should have never told Sakura about him. 

 

 

Few months later, the girl was crying over her first heartbreak.

Eunbi pulled Sakura’s head to be leaning on her shoulder.

She intertwined their hands and side hug her best friend.

 

It was already late and Eunbi had to go home. 

“Will you be okay if I went home?”

“If you could stay here, just a little bit longer.

Then I’ll be fine”

And that’s enough to make Eunbi stay. her lab reports or homeworks, Sakura need her right now. 


 

As smooth as the river flow, they both went to the same university. Taking different majors.


 

They were put as roommates and it honestly felt like heaven on earth.

 

They went everywhere together.

Class, grocery stores, parties and even Eunbi’s Sunday church together.

Sakura have no religion, but maybe accompanying Kwon Eunbi to her Sunday service is her religion.

 

They were inseparable until Eunbi found herself a new boyfriend.

 

One that Sakura doesn't particularly approve of.

He was the cause of their first misunderstanding.

 

Sakura had told her Eddy is not a reliable guy.

But Eunbi is done being treated like a child by her best friend.

Sometimes it feels like Sakura is being overprotective.

 

Eunbi’s boyfriend, (now ex) is one of the hottest jocks on campus.

They met at a sorority party (cliche) and from there things started to click.

 

Not all relationships went happy. Even in movies couples could break. What more in real life.

 

Her boyfriend, Eddy sometimes made her suspect he is a psychotic.

If people say women are hard to understand, Eddy is harder than women.

 

There were times Eddy threw tantrums when Eunbi hung out with Sakura. Saying Eunbi cares about her more than him.

 

(Well Eddy, Eunbi put her babe before bae)

 

And logically thinking, Eunbi and Sakura are legit best friends! How can they not be spending time together?


 

On days where it’s bad and Eunbi thinks Eddy might be cheating on her with a hotter girl, Sakura would always comfort her and tell her that she’s the hottest and uest girl on campus.

Eunbi might have felt a bit snob from all the praises.

But Sakura did build her confidence up.

 

Their first breakup,

Sakura was there to hug her. Even sing her to sleep. Eunbi didn’t know Sakura had such a deep voice when she sings. (That’s y Sakura!)

 

Sakura took her to theme parks, to shopping centres, even brought her favourite macaroons almost every day.

She might get diabetes if it continues for months. Heck Sakura even prepared her warm bath on those cold lonely nights.

Where Eddy ghost on her and went hanging out with his friends. He didn’t even call her back, asking to get back.

What a man.

 

Sakura was honestly close to raise her hands on the man but knowing Eunbi loved him so much she kept the hands in her pockets.

No one can hurt her best friend!

 

But a week later, after almost a month of heartbreak, Eddy called Eunbi back.

They went out for dinner and Eunbi spent the night at Eddy’s.

Sakura was dead worried about her.

She called her numerous times only to be answered by that machine ‘The Number you have called is not in service. Please try later’

 

She gets it. Eunbi is spending the night with Eddy.

 

It hurts her to think of Eddy’s filthy hands touching Eunbi’s bare skin. 

To think of Eddy filthy mouth kissing Eunbi’s soft lips.

To think of anyone else hugging Eunbi.

 

Oh , that’s disgusting.

 

In truth, Sakura never hated Eddy.

But she hates that Eddy always hurts Eunbi.

Who does he think he is? Running around hurting her best friend.

It took Sakura months and years to wonder why she was always overprotective of Eunbi.

 

And one night answered it all.

 

She knew it that night, what she felt is more than friendship.

 

She loves Eunbi.

She loves every mark on her skin.

She loves every line of her speech. 

She loves every move that she makes.

She loves every stupid jokes that she cracked.

 

She loves her so much she couldn’t say.

 

But her conscience gets her best.

Eunbi would never love her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter