Beginning

Together.

EunJae stayed over at WooJin's place. He caressed her face. "When will you sleep with me.....?" He said out softly thinking she's still sleeping. "Im practically with you on your bed Seo WooJin. What more do you want?",EunJae's voice surprised him. "Nothing... Nothing... Goodnight!",he made a qucik turn, his back facing her. He's embarassed by what he'd asked. She smiled knowingly and gave him a back hug,"Soon.. we'll sleep together properly... okay?" Both blushed. WooJin turned back at her and pecked her forehead lovingly. He was woken up by her light snores. EunJae nuzzled his chest, asking for more sleep time. He chuckled at the sleepy head. On and off, she travels between Seoul and Doldam. Overtime, he managed well at her assurance.

----------

"Here they go again.. Arnt they tired of it?",Dr Jung siad out loud at the ER. EunJae and WooJin are at logger heads over the emergency traffic accident patient who just rolled in. Whenever they both are placed in the same shift, the rest could practically take a step back. The two of them is almost equivalent to 4 of them. "I'll intubate! You'll proceed with FAST Cha EunJae!",WooJin instructed. "No! I'll intubate!",EunJae resisted. "Just do it now!",WooJin ignored her. Kim SaBu was called in and saw his two mentees argue over the same thing and shaked his head. Everyone did the same. The couple have their differences but they clear things up fast too. WooJin couldnt take EunJae not talking to him while EunJae couldnt take him giving her the aloof attitude. They made up, unable to be mad at each other for long.

----------

"EunJae ah... take a look at this.",Kim SaBu called her into his office. "Cardiology Research?",EunJae read out and flipped through the documents passed to her. "Think about it. Talk to WooJin. This is a rare opportunity.",Kim Sabu added. He sighed knowing his favourite mentee wont be able to take this lightly. He's been alone since young. His trauma of being alone and surviving the harsh world was something Kim SaBu has a soft spot for. When he noticed WooJin smiled whenever EunJae is around, he knew this boy harbours affection for the talented girl who was oblivous of his feelings. But turns out, he got nothing to worry about. The youngsters both found one another somehow.   

EunJae has been very quiet. He knows she's thinking of something and was waiting for her to tell him. She always does. WooJin waited. He felt it must be something big. Otherwise she would not initiate a stayover at his place. Its always him begging her to stayover. EunJae was having conflicting thoughts. She could easily turn down Kim SaBu's recommendation because she values her relationship more than her career growth. She is fine staying in Doldam, gaining experience through her mentor. Yet, she dosent want to hide this fact from him. "Seo WooJin....",she decided to tell him and discuss this together. 

WooJin heard his name after his bath. She was seating in the living room, her wet towel still hanging around her neck. "You'll catch a cold...",he went over to her and dried her hair. "You know... SaBu-nim gave me this...",she hand over the file to him. His eyes widen as he flipped the pages and read the content. He held the file tightly. She saw it. "What's your decision?",WooJin asked as calmly as he can. Its a research which require her to be posted to US for 2 years. His heart ached badly. He barely could take the seperation when she's at Seoul for weeks. "You are important to me. But i dont want this reason to burden you in future. So tell me, what do you think of this research? It will be a beneficial study for the future trauma centre, right?",EunJae discussed with him openly. She went to bed alone while he remained at the same spot thinking it over. The tension between the two was felt. Doldam staffs have heard of the proposal given to EunJae. They are worried.

"Let's go home...",WooJin grabbed EunJae's wrist when she exited the changing room. He was waiting for her. Kim SaBu had talked to him. The elder did not pressure him to let EunJae take on the project. He merely asked WooJin to make a decision that will not cause any regrets in both of their lives. Dinner was in silence. EunJae has been worried for the boy. WooJin knows she's worried. Her eyes always gave her away. Those eyes that captured his soul right from the start during their medical school days. "Cha EunJae..." "Im not going!" WooJin taken aback by her sudden outburst. He smiled at her. He knows she's having hard time because of him. "I think its a good opportunity too good to let go. You should go.",he said out. Her eyes widened. "You're okay with me leaving... for 2 years?",she was somewhat sad over it. "Im not okay with it. But it will be our regrets if we ignore it.",He said.

"I wont have any regrets once i've decided. Its my choice.",EunJae shared her opinion. "You wanted this. That bookworm in you wants it. This might be useful to people around us who needs it. And... i believe our love can withstand the time apart, right?",WooJin tried to control his emotions. She knows exactly what he was trying to emphasize. Its not about them, but about the people they can save in future. She could not ignore that fact. WooJin hugged her. She felt him trembled. She looked up into those sorrowful eyes. Their lips met. EunJae straddled him, deepening their kiss. One thing leads to another, they shared their first night together. "Are you feeling fine?",WooJin asked when her eyes fluttered open as the sun rays shined into the room. She blushed, knowing well she's fully bared under the comforter. He smirked knowing she's shy. He hugged her warmly and whispered,"Now you're mine Cha EunJae...." "I know.....",she muttered bashfully. It was not a easy goodbye but they managed it well. EunJae left for US after her fellowship.

----------

Doldam new hospital wing, the trauma centre has been completed. One by one, the doctors came back. Dr. Kang DongJoo completed his military service, Dr. Do InBeom ended his dispatch services to Geosan and Dr. Yoon SeoJung had returned from the states. WooJin survived well without EunJae by his side during those 2 years. He met the senior doctors and they worked together to save more people, especially emergency cases. The seniors were all impressed by WooJin's dedication and skills. "No wonder SaBu-nim is being bias...",they complained openly to their mentor. The old man laughed it off.

"There's a name tagged Cha EunJae in the locker room. I havent talk to anyone of that name yet. Who is she?",Dr. Yoon asked around when she first came back to Doldam. The staffs hushed her immediately. The name was a taboo at Doldam. "She followerd your footstep. SaBu-nim sent her to US since last year. She'll be back next year, if she's coming back.",Dr Jung shared. "What do you mean? I came back, right? Once a Doldam doctor, always a Doldam!",SeoJung insisted. Dr Jung rolled his eyes,"Somehow different. Few months since she got there, she did amazing findings. Look at this. You should know since you are a freak for such!" He showed her the medical news about EunJae being the youngest doctor who excel among the rest. SeoJung exclaimed, didnt expect the girl she read about is a doctor of Doldam. "And... she's the girlfriend of Dr. Seo WooJin.",he added. "What!",she could not believe the coincidence. 

WooJin knows everyone tries to avoid her name infront of him. Still, there are times where they talked about the energizer bunny. His heart aches each time he misses her. He's proud of her work. No one asked about them, they are all afraid that one day he'll announced that they have broken up. In the beginning, he had his insecurities. The timezone made it difficult to communicate. Their busy unpredictable time came between. They video-skyped each other whenever possible. Even when she's dead tired, she insisted seeing his face, talking to him. Many times she fell asleep during their conversation. He's fine with it, staring at her snoring face. "Now, dont go mad over what i'm going to show you ok? Its only a promotional article!",EunJae said out of a sudden during one of their skype meeting. She lifted up a medical magazine. The cover of it was his girlfriend with another doctor. He frowned as she flipped to the page he dreaded looking at. [Aspiring young doctors - perfect duo known in the cardiology department] There's pictures of his girlfriend being waist-hugged. His jealousy shot up to the ceiling.

"Do you think he knows about it?",the nurses gathered and whispered. SeoJung was the one who shared with them the magazine. The elders heard about it too. They watched WooJin did his usual without any error. But his face was expressionless. "Dr. Seo! Lunch?",SeoJung called out. His steeled eyes caused her to shiver,"Im not hungry." "He must have known about it! Did Cha EunJae tell him herself?",Dr Jung wondered out loud. Kim SaBu sighed at his mentee. His phone rang the next moment. It was the main character. Instead of asking about WooJin, she was actually concern over the condition of his MS. "I've sent you some details on MS. I linked up with the neurologist here and requested a combined reseach. The result is rather promising! Be well til i see you again alright!" He rolled his eyes at the lack of interest in her boyfriend. The email she sent includes WooJin and Dr. Bae. Kim SaBu forwarded her findings to the rest of the team. All were impressed by EunJae's initiative and talent. "How is it possible that her brain keeps absorbing and coming out with these ideas? I would never have thought of that! Right, SaBu-nim?",the seniors discussed, slipping their lips over the girl whose name is prohibited infront of WooJin. The boy stared at them,"Because she is Cha EunJae." He walked away while the rest worried over his coldness.  

"Are you still mad? There's really nothing between us.",EunJae pacified WooJin. He could not stay angry at her whenever he see her face on the screen. Her eagerness to talk to him makes his heart flutter. She shares her daily occurance to him. He knows there's nothing going on between but knowing someone else getting a skinship from his girl made him unhappy. "I know. I just dont like it.",He confessed. She giggled at his tantrums. "You'll have all of me when i return. And you should have heard right? The research extension, i have declined." WooJin nodded at her statement. Kim SaBu informed him earlier on that the remaining reserch will carry on with EunJae back to Doldam. The old man knuckled his head when he showed his happiness. "When you come back, live with me.",WooJin said. It was not a question. He leaves no choice for her. She blinks several times as if she heard something wrong,"What did you say Seo WooJin?" He confirmed her doubt and waited for her respond. He likes how she still stutters whenever she's awkward or embarassed. Her cheeks flushed as she nods her head,"Ok..."   

----------

WooJin paced at the entrance anxiously. Everyone at Doldam knows how important this day is to him. The elders, seniors and staffs kept teasing him. The only time they see huge fluctuation of emotions on his face is when it revolves around EunJae. She's touching down today and will be coming straight to Doldam. WooJin ran out when he saw a taxi drove up to the entrance. He vaguely saw his girlfriend's side view. "Is it really Dr. Cha?",Nurse Joo was equally excited over her return. "Omo. She's tall.",Dr Kang said out loud when the figure stepped out of the taxi. Behind the doors, they watched the couple.

"Hello Seo WooJin.. How have you been?",EunJae smiled lovingly at her boyfriend. No words came out from him. He pulled her into his frame and hugged her tightly. It felt surreal that she's finally back. Her hair tied up in a high pony tail. His arms circled her waist that seems so unfamiliar. But when her warmth got to him, he sighed in bliss. Its definitely her, the natuaral scent from her skin. "Hey... my lugguages are still in the boot...",She knocked some sense into him as she giggled on. He quicky took her stuffs out and grabbed her hand, walking back to Doldam where everyone was waiting.

During the 2 years, EunJae has become a well-known cardiac surgeon and researcher who expands to neurology. In interviews she had, many asked why she ventured into neurology. [Because there's someone i respect and owed my growth to. He's the reason behind my never-ending learning. Now its time i return him what i've learnt.] "Sabu-nim.. seems like your two youngest mentee see you as their god...",DongJoo once mentioned. "Dont we think the same too?",SeoJung added. They laughed at the truthness. The older man watched the couple walked hand in hand into Doldam. EunJae smiled brightly at everyone. She went up to Kim SaBu and gave him a big hug. "Im back SaBu-nim.",EunJae let out a loving smile. Kim SaBu hugged her back,"Welcome back runner." Everyone crowds over her and calls for a welcome party. WooJin stood aside as he watched his girl. 

"Oh man. It seems just like yesterday. Was she really gone for 2 years?",Dr Jung asked the nurses. They watched EunJae and WooJin bicker nonstop. "So thats the reason why they keep improving...",InBeom interrupted. Kim SaBu waited for the answer. "Its their competitive nature that keeps pushing them over their limits. They practically reason out everything against one another when it comes to the patients they handled together... Am i right, SaBu-nim?",InBeom waitied for his reply. Kim SaBu nodded his head before shouting at the pair,"Enough! Save the person!" His voice broke the pair up who was staring at one another fiercely. Their combined OR was a eye-opener for all. Its like a art piece, they were in-sync. WooJin exceeded Kim SaBu's foresight, having skills above the seniors. While EunJae assisted him tremendously at all the cardiac surgeries. They kept improving at rapid speed.

----------

"Love you Seo WooJin..",EunJae kissed his cheek as she laid in bed next to him. She has just ended her shift at Doldam. "I love you Cha EunJae.. so much...",WooJin whispered back. "Shouldnt you be sleeping Seo WooJin?",EunJae was surprised at his hug. "I sleep better with you beside... Your snores are my lullaby.",He t*eased. "I missed this...",EunJae hugged him back enjoying his warmth that she lost touched with over the past 2 years. The tall couple attracts attention with their visual when they are out on dates but they only have eyes for each other.

6 years together, WooJin felt it was about time he makes her his family. He felt he's able to take care of her. While walking by the lake outside Doldam, he proposed. EunJae teared and called him an idiot. "So, is that a yes Cha EunJae?",he smirked. "Of course! Else i wont be back if the person i cared most and love isnt here!",her tears kept rolling off her face. He looked at her fondly and slipped the ring on her engagement finger. "Its pretty...",Eunjae kept staring at it. It was not flashy, it was simple the way she likes it. "Now, you're Seo WooJin's property.",he declared as she laughed out. He shared with her the wordings he engraved underneath. Pulling him into a jewellery shop, she picked an identical ring to hers and made the similar engravings. [CEJ property: SWJ] The rings always on their fingers when they leave the hospital.   

EunJae's family opposed their marriage. WooJin was caught inbetween. "You know.... Im the one you'll spend forever with... Unless you change your mind...",EunJae tried to reason that they do not need her parent's blessing. However, he knows EunJae cherish her family as well. He didnt want her to be torn apart between two sides. "Okay.. We'll take it one step at a time. Til we get their acceptance.",She decided on his behalf. He agreed. Their wedding was halted. Overtime, EunJae's family accepted him. "WooJin ah... my EunJae is madly in love with you.. that's all i can say...",her mother shared with him when he was first invited over to her place for dinner. He nodded knowing that well. EunJae has been the bridge between him and her family. She eased the tension between to allow him breathing space. That only adds to one of the many reason why he loves her so. She tries her best not to burden him. Instead, she solves the issues for him. 

"Take good care of our little one WooJin.. Welcome to the family.",her father said to him as he gave his daughter's hand to him. He patted his back, accepting him wholeheartedly. It was a simple wedding ceremony but his bride was so beautiful in white. Kim SaBu and Nurse Oh was the representative as his folks. He felt whole again after all these while. Doldam is his family. Cha EunJae is his family. He's not alone anymore.