Line crossed.

Together.

After promising him that she'll be back at Doldam Hospital in 2 days, EunJae came back only 10 days later. On and off, she's been dispatched to Geosan Medical Centre to assist her Professor. Even when Doldam no longer has any affiliation with Geosan, Kim Sabu agreed to extend help to the main hospital. In another aspect, he wants EunJae to gain more experience and skill in her surgical area. She left again for 3 months. Each time whenever she needs to re-locate, she'll talk to him beforehand. He appreciates that she's indirectly asking for his approval. Although he's unwilling, WooJin put on a smile and encouraged her. "I'll miss you Seo WooJin... I'll be back before you know it!",EunJae pecked his cheek before driving off to Seoul. WooJin kept looking out at the empty road and sighed.

Its been more than 3 months. Its been extended as usual. Like Dr. Jung always say,"Prof Oh has a greed to keep talented people under him. Look, he's always doing so to Cha EunJae. He's still not over the fact he has lost her to Doldam. That sneaky man!" WooJin didnt want to hear more and exited the staff lounge. He missed her badly. Everyone at Doldam could see he's spiritless without Chae EunJae; there was no one to bicker with him. AhReum continued her residency at Doldam while dating EunTak happily. Whenever the young pair cuddle up cutely, he looked upon with envious. EunJae did text him about the extension of her assignment due to multiple emergency operations that she has not come across before. It was a good opportunity to broaden her knowledge and add on to the protocol for Doldam.

Their calls were always shorten by either one of their emergency operations at respective hospital. WooJin never once mention his misses for her. He didnt want to distract her. He knows his girlfriend is a perfectionist. She would never want him to feel sad because of her absence. Many times he wanted to hear her voice but held back. Instead, it was EunJae who called him more and even complained his lack of attention to her especially when they are apart. She even left him voice messages when she could not get to him. Hearing her voice only makes him miss her more. WooJin sighed, wondering when she'll be back at Doldam. He wanted so badly to go over and kidnap her back to his side. 

----------

"Dr. Cha has been so busy! Remember, we went over to Seoul for business? She could not even step away for a few minutes. All we saw was a messy-haired road runner zoom pass us. She didnt noticed us at all. But, its really unfair. How can she still looks so pretty in that mess? What's her secret Dr. Seo?", Nurse Uhm shared and asked WooJin who was standing by the ER nurse counter. They know he's listening whenever he heard his girlfriend's name. "She's born this way...",WooJin answered feeling proud she's really working hard while the rest of the female staffs felt its a jab to them on their appearance and stared at him. Even the elders are talking about EunJae when they gathered at the staff lounge. "Who knows the runner can sprint now?!",Kim Sabu mentioned. "Isnt she improving so much Kim Sabu? She kept saying wanting to join you in the OR.",Dr Nam added. "That bugger never stop when she starts. Just like the crazy one before...",Kim Sabu continued. "They are both mad and irritating. Yoon SeoJung & Cha EunJae.",Manager Jang concluded. They laughed in agreement.    

WooJin walked away and chilled by the vending machine. Taking out his phone, he texted EunJae. [What are you doing Cha EunJae?] Her reply was almost immediately. She'd sent him a photo imagine. He chuckled lightly. Her head on a pile of papers, her tongue sticking out. He zoomed-in the picture and traced his finger on her face. His eyes widened for a second when he noticed something else in the photo. There are 2 frames by her desk. One has all members of Doldam Hospital and the other is their couple picture. Its the picture of their first date. "How can you do this to me Cha EunJae... I miss you so badly...",WooJin said out with a heavy heart. [I'll see you soon Seo WooJin!] Her text came in. He didnt want to ask when as he knows it only dissappoint him. After a few replies, he asked her to rest and stopped their communication reluctantly.

---------

Everyone finds WooJin awkward. He's been all smilely since morning. That was adnormal of him. "Did Cha EunJae say she's coming back today Dr Seo?",Dr. Jung asked curiously. "No...",WooJin replied casually while looking at the patients records in the ER. Those around smiled at his silly behaviour thinking something good might have happen last night. "Oh! What is this!? Who is this guy next to Dr. Cha? He's handsome!",Nurse Joo exclaimed when she's browsing through her phone. WooJin's ears perked at that. "Omo! He definitely dont look like a doctor.... Is Cha EunJae cheating on Dr. Seo?",the group whispered not knowing WooJin has walked over and was standing behind them. He saw the picture. Someone else's arm is hanging around his girlfriend's shoulder too close for comfort. WooJin's face darkens as he walked out of the ER. "Only Dr. Cha can triggers the inner demon of Dr.Seo... She's in deep sh*it, dont you think so?",Nurse Joo analysed. All nodded in agreement and wished EunJae good luck.       

After a long day and night at the ER, WooJin rested his head on his office desk. When the hectic stops, his mind went back to the picture he saw this morning. He could not get over the closeness. EunJae didnt mention anything of such to him either. He closed his eyes and sighed. He didnt hear the door open and that someone walked in. "What are you doing Seo WooJin....?",a familiar voice whispered at his ear. He opened his eyes and lifted his head up. EunJae was bending down to his level. Her eyes looked at him warmly. She's smiling. Somehow, the time without her vanished. She's more beautiful than before. Her hair braided to the side, her soft hand on his cheeks tells him its not a dream. "Why are you here?",WooJin asked, still in daze.

"Oh. Should i stay longer in Seoul? Didnt i say i'll see you soon Seo WooJin?",EunJae t*eased her boyfriend. "Are you finally done over there? Stop going back, you belong here!",WooJin unleashed his frustration. EunJae giggled,"Someone told me you lost your soul. I've been tasked to bring it back..." He stood up and hugged her tightly. "Hey!",EunJae exclaimed at the sudden contact but hugged him back equally. "I miss you so much too Seo WooJin..." He smiled, feeling so right that she's back in his arms again. 

----------

WooJin declared he's knocking off work an hour early. Everyone knows why and didnt bother asking for the reason. Its very obvious, his goddess is back from Seoul. While he's busy in the OR, EunJae flocked around talking to everyone. Inbetween she even assisted Kim Sabu on a emerengy operation. The team in the OR was impressed by EunJae's growth in the short months. Her concentration level increased, so as her confidence. She presented her reports on those cases she took at Geosan. Kim Sabu gave her a thumbs up. Its not a lie when Prof Oh said she's even better than some professor on research. "Here. This is specially for you SaBu-nim.",EunJae took out a seperate file. It was about his multiple sclerosis (MS). In it contained all data about this disease, including methods not known widely to control and lessen the speed of the nerves deterioration. "I'll discuss with your doctor-in charge and Dr. Bae MoonJung okay?",EunJae informed him sternly. The old man laughed at her reprimanding stance. The elders looked at one another, impressed by her. "Oh. Consider this a present for allowing me to steal your favourite mentee one hour earlier. Okay?",EunJae added. Everyone laughed out. These kids made him proud. Kim SaBu shooed her off.

----------

Her car looked unmaintained. The back seats are covered with books and files. Chae EunJae is still the bookworm he knows. "I heard about the reseach you did for SaBu-nim...",WooJin talked about it while driving her car out. He took her to a BBQ restaurant to feed her. Her thin frame dosent seat well on him. She held his hand throughout the drive as she shared with him her findings. "Enough of me, how have you been Seo WooJin?",EunJae probed. "The same. Missing you mostly....",He shared frankly. She rolled her eyes at him for the short replies he gives her. Taking over the grilling tong,"Eat! Your favourite beef!" She placed the ready cooked slices on his rice. WooJin smirked.

"Whats with you and some dude in Seoul? They were talking about it the whole day...",WooJin asked, trying hard not to sound jealous. EunJae was waiting for this. The nurses have warned her about it. "Ah... He's a patient. Prof Oh's VIP. You know how young and rich people flaunts their assets right? We are all forced to join the celebration. I only showed my face for 3 mins, thats the truth!",EunJae explained. "Did you cross the line Cha EunJae?",WooJin asked while looking at her. "No! Why would i? I'm loyal if you still dont know that Seo WooJin.... I stick to one." That caught his attention,"Who?" EunJae ignored on purpose and talked about something else. He pulled her back,"I asked... who." Hiding a smirk,"Seo WooJin. You. Happy?" WooJin's face beamed with happiness as he turned away from her. "Dont get too close to random guys when im not around Cha EunJae.",He's still jealous over it. He got a shock when she kissed his cheek. "Better?", she grinned at him innocently.