Night on the Beach

Incompatible

I sat up, my fingers snatching a tiny piece of triangle shaped lace from the edge of the bed. Right after the ocean wave of pleasure pierced through me, I immediately felt irritated, the toe-curling sensation lasts a second, and then, never stopping guilt overwhelms me. It seemed that Junhyung noticed the sudden swing of the mood, he got up from bed, doing up his belt. I slipped on my , my skin was slightly wet and sticky, I wanted to jump in the ocean and wash the bad thuoghts off. Or drown. Both seemed like an option at the moment. Junhyung inhaled, as if prepared to say something grand. He looked sorry. I immediately felt tense and uncomfortable, I did not need his sorries.

"Hyuna, I--" I tilted my head, and met his eyes, and he paused. He paused and started sniggering.

Junhyung started ing sniggering.

I gave him a confused, low key offended look, "What?"

He gently ran his fingers around my face, combing my hair, "You look like a mess. Cute little mess."

I wanted to punch his, cheeky fat mug, but I couldn't, I let out a loud snort too and we both started laughing. The stupidity of the entire situation, probably the entire row that was our lives, seemed so tragicomedic that I could do nothing but laugh. I could not be angry with him, and what would be the grounds anyway, I myself willfully laid with him for whatever number of times. I am myself to blame for being a horrible wife and a miserable human being. So I laughed, and then he hugged me. We stood there for what seemed like a milenium, but in reality it must had been a second or two, I felt his skin parting from my face as he let me go.

"You should not be here," I said, straightening my dress, "This room is reserved under Hyojong's name--"

Junhyung interupted me, nodding in understandment. "I am going."

I did not lead him to the door, he let himself out. I sighed.

 

 

Rose entered the suite soon after. I wondered did they meet in the hall, otherwise I would have to come up with a whole load of explanation. Turned out they didn't, but she sensed it. She did not voice it out or named it in any way, but she let me know she was aware of my shenanigans long time ago. She had this subtle way of telling me things, without telling me things.

"Hyojong, is he joining us tonight?" She asked, plopping her on the bed, which for the record, might have still be warm. From what I understood she only wanted to remind me that I was in close quarters with the truth coming out if I am uncareful. Not that I wanted to be careful, well, I did wanted to be careful, but what I wanted more was not to do it at all. I wanted to be a normal wife. Loving my loving husband.

"No... He will not come to the reception." I said, with slight guilt in my voice. She nodded, and continued, "Okay, then should we go to the beach tonight? I cannot stand this wedding, and would rather use this bril opportunity to explore some beach bar instead."

I chuckled agreeing with the wedding being an absolute flimse. However, I did not see myself going to a bar and drinking pinacoladas at the moment.

We did go back to the reception for a brief moment. Mainly to eat and then congratulate the newly weds, after all we were well-mannered ladies..

And then I excused myself, Rose looked dissappointed that I did not join her in her wild night hunting. As far as I am concerned, it mainly consisted of her and other bridesmaids drinking to oblivion and puking the guts out in the morning.

 

 

It was nearing midnight, the sun was long gone and the night sky had covered the horizon. I walked along the beach, the waves brushing at my feet. The water was blinking in the moonlight and it felt somehow calming. Minus the occassional shriek and over exaggerate laughter from tipsy ladies at the bar in the distance, since the resort was quite small, it was a brilliant night. I aimed to have a short walk to remove the thoughts and flashbacks from previous shortcoming with Junhyung. I will not lie, it was more and more difficult to keep the thoughts away, at some point I kind of hoped I would see him by the beach. Maybe it was the reason why I declined to go with Rose... The beach was so different from the life I lived in the city, the beach felt pure and easy, almost like I never lived the other life. Or maybe it was the darkness of the night that allowed me feel better, like my sins were smaller than they were. Almost like they didn't count. Very quickly I was awaken from my thoughts.

"Hyuna!" I jumped, spooked, when a familiar voice called my name.