Wedding

Incompatible

I was Jisoo's wedding - big, posh, screaming for attention wedding. The wedding ceremony was held at the beach, not cliche at all, with flowery arch and white chair covers and pigeons released for the dramatic effect once the priest tied two newly wed people together for the eternity. That is probably why I was invited, or rather not denied the entrance - to witness the luxurious facade of their perfect marriage. I was not exactly friends with Jisoo, besides that I worked for her ex-boyfriend nothing really connected us, however I was friends with Rose, who was one of the bridesmaids at the wedding. Rose was the reason why I was there, however Hyojong, my husband, was the beneficiary of the wedding invitation, I was his plus one.. I cannot say that I felt l a lot benefited by attending the wedding, as so far it had been pain in the , as Hyojong himself could not attend and I was alone. The reason why I did not turn on my heel and left was because Rose asked me to. And so far I have been sipping my third glass of very dry, read, expensive, schampagne and killing my cheek muscles with my forced smile. I wished the server would come around my table more often as the wedding reception was as dry and boring as the champagne but any champagne was better than no champagne.

"Rose!" I shouted when I saw my friend making her way towards me. She smiled and glanced at my nearly empty glass.

"Having fun eh?" She took the glass and chugged the remains down.

"Hey it was mine!" I objected, "You took away the last thing that keeps me from collapsing from boredom here!"

"I know,"Rose sighed,"But I think the wedding photoshoot is soon over and we could all sit down for food and drinks, I am starving". She rubbed her belly. Jisoo wanted her wedding to be perfect, she made her bridesmaids work their backs off catering for her, posing for the wedding pictures. I was sceptic of all the fancy facade she put for her wedding, I did not see a reason for it being so glamorous and all the publicity involved, but it was non of my business.

"Junhyung is here!" She shouted excited, looking behind my shoulder. I squirmed uneasy in my seat and wrapped my fingers around the empty champagne glass. I briefly looked over my shoulder, and saw him sitting two tables behind me, looking all handsome and neat. His black suit was fitting his body like a glove, he looked tired but instead he smiled and waved acknowledging us. I thought he would come to say hello but he didn't I was glad he didn't.

"I can't believe Jisoo invited her ex boyfriend.." Rose said. Indeed, that was surprising, and I felt bad that it was not my first reaction after seeing him, which should have been my reaction.

"Yes," I nodded, "But it is Jisoo, she is known for making weird decisions. She made you her bridesmaid" I laughed half-heartedly.

Rose dismissed my attempt to mock her and said,"I have to go back to Jisoo. Now you won't be that bored since Junhyung is here, at least one more person you know." Her intentions were honest, however I was not into the agreement with myself and did not want to communicate with Junhyung.

"Do you think it would be okay if I left to my room for half an hour? I will be back before the official reception starts, I want to check on my phone maybe Hyojong texted me."

That was mostly true, I did want to check my phone since I left it charging in the hotel room. I had hopes that Hyojong's work cancelled his meeting and he would join me at the reception. Another reason was my dress slowly killing me by stopping the bloodstream to my brain, I haaad to size down, just had to buy a dress which was probably child size, I blame the society for impossible standards for women. I wanted to the back for a few minutes so I can breathe.

---

Hyojong did text me, and he did not cheer me up with good news, he wouldn't be coming to the reception and he was sorry. Sorry my . What I was supposed to do. I sighed and tried to my dress which proved more difficult than I thought. I just couldn't reach the zipper, I felt like a human sized t-rex failing to use the dress with the tiny short arms. "Argh..!" I groaned in disappointment, the dress was ped but I still felt out of place.

"You ok?" Familair voice asked. I turned around towards the door where the visitor was found.

"You startled me!" I grasped my chest, I was indeed startled in more ways than one.

"I thought I knocked.." Junhyung smiled. He did not knock, he sneakily entered the room, at this point it was difficult to say for how long he stood in the there and whether he witnessed my t-rex fight agains the dress. The dress. I suddenly felt self-concious with my dress gaping open at the back.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, which was the only sensible thing I did tonight so far, pressing my arms against my sides so the dress would not fall.

Junhyung looked caught off-guard, and that was not something that happened offten. "I,uhm, was invited to the wedding." I rolled my eyes briefly, that was not really my question, however I went along. "Why on earth she would invite you?" I laughed half-honestly, even though I was curious why Jisoo invited him it was not exactly my concern or topic of interest I was willing to discuss. My brief laughter made him feel easier as I saw his shoulders loosing up.

"Do you need help?" He nodded at my dress.

"I,uhm, no" I wanted to explain that the dress was open for ventilation purposes but then said yes, for obvious I-am-a-modest-lady reasons. I wish I objected.

He stepped closer while indicating to turn around, "I was invited by Jisoo's father,"he started, "He is my business partner. "I nodded understandingly. "I came just because I wanted to be polite." He pulled two gaping sides of the dress together. He was always overly intense with his hands,if I asked something to be done delicately he would break it by accident, this time too, I prayed he wouldn't break the zipper.

"Where is Hyojong?" He asked casualy, I could feel him focusing on the zipper. The question was very straithtforward and odd at the same time knowing he was in the hotel room booked under Hyojong's name, for me he seemed almost too confident breaking into the room that easy.

"He got stuck in a meeting" I said, not giving out much. My mind was conflicted, my presence was confused. I suddenly felt his back of hand brushing against the small of my back and a small lighting feeling ran down my spine, I was too aware of his hands so near my skin. One couldn't tell if his hands were clumsy and he couldn't succeed with the zipper or he just merely delayed zipping up the dress. He suddenly stopped and gently put one hand on my side.

"Aren't you his plus one?" He chuckled. It seemed he was unaware he stopped with the task he was assigned.

"Yes," I said, my mind was on his hand. Small pause fell between us, I couldn't identify whether he was thinking or, he might as well be yawning, this entire scenario and me standing in a very vulnerable situation did not seem to bother him. Then he put his other hand on my shoulder and leaned closer, I could just guess he leaned closer by feeling his mouth closer to my ear. "Hyuna," he started. I felt hot, my cheeks flushed red and I felt my eyeballs boilling.

I turned around slowly and my eyes met his eyes. He looked so sad, sadder when he normally was, sad and hungry. Hungry not for food, not for material things but for a feeling. Hungry to feel alive, to feel happy to feel satisfied in a sense where he can allow himself to drop all his cool-guy pretence, stop worrying about his firm and accepting the defeat that all the material things he had accumulated over the years would never bring the fullfillment that he thought it would. His dark brown eyes turned almost black, he looked uncomfortable for coming to me again. His eyes were aimlessly scanning my face, from eye to eye from eyebrow to eyebrow down to my neck and shoulder waiting for me to say something, to object, as he couldn't or didn't allow himself to say anything more. I felt so small and hopeless in front of him, yet not in a deamening way, I felt desired, needed and unable to resist. I pulled myself closer and lightly brushed my lips against his.

Junhyung did not speak up, as he didn't need to, I knew exacly how he felt and I knew that whatever the words were they wouldn't describe his mind. I allowed myself to sink into his arms as he kissed me.