sana's pov

clandestine

“Aren’t you going to approach her first?”

Nayeon asked, as she shoved a spoon full of soup into .

“She is looking at you again.” Mina said.

Sana was aware, she really was.

She was just really good in not being obvious and pretending.

Sana knew the younger pale girl that she acknowledged as Kim Dahyun has been paying attention to her for a quite long time.

But she didn’t mind.

To be honest, Sana didn’t notice her at first. It was once during break time, Sana and Nayeon were waiting for Momo inside the library (they had assignments to do) and that was the first time Sana had noticed the younger. She was also not aware that Dahyun had always been staring at her, until Nayeon told her.

“Isn’t that the girl that is always staring at you?”

And she somehow felt happy after knowing that.

Sana didn’t even bother to do her assignments (she still had the next day, anyway). She was just busy staring at Dahyun.

Dahyun was not sitting not far from her, with a big specs resting on her face. She was so focused on whatever the book she was reading in front of her, and sometimes she frowned and made a confused face.

Sana found her really cute.

Since that day, Sana used her connection to know more about the younger. That’s also how she found out her name.

Mina and Nayeon couldn’t stop teasing her for that.

Lunch time became the most favorite time for Sana, because Dahyun were always in the canteen during that time, although she couldn’t stare at Dahyun even a bit (because Dahyun would do the same, and she didn’t want Dahyun to felt like she got caught).

Sana told herself that she wouldn’t do anything about the younger, and she would just wait for Dahyun to approach her first.

“Bold of you to think that she would approach you first, Sana.” Mina said. Sana raised her left eyebrows.

“Why? I don’t bite.” Mina chuckled.

“Hello? You are the Minatozaki Sana.”

Mina stopped for a while, and continued.

“She must be intimidated by you. I hate saying this but you are the most popular one in this school. Everyone is head over heels with you. Right, Nayeon?”

Nayeon put the second bowl of noodle that she has finished.

“Yeah, I agree. I’m not Dahyun, so I don’t know but if I were her, I would feel insecure.”

Nayeon looked at the empty seat that was occupied by Dahyun and Chaeyoung earlier.

“No bad intention, but we can say she is… unknown? Anyways they have left.”

Sana sighed, Mina and Nayeon got a point.

“But for real, Sana. What made you like her that much? I mean you can easily get anyone you want, but why her?”

Sana herself was not really sure.

There’s just something in Dahyun.

Although Sana didn’t know Dahyun personally, but she could tell a lot of thing by observing the younger from afar.

She loved how Dahyun frowned whenever she was confused and pissed. She loved how Dahyun’s squishy cheeks moved everytime she was chewing her foods. She loved how excited Dahyun looked when she was happy.

She loved how Dahyun always stare at her, secretly.

Sana loved every little thing about her.

“I have my own reasons, you know.”

Sana smiled.

-

It was lunch time again, it meant time for Sana to finally see Dahyun again. Dahyun and her friend (Chaeyoung, if she didn’t remember it wrong) always took the same seats almost every day It makes Sana took the same seats too almost every day so that Dahyun could stare at her comfortably. This sounded really weird and cringe, Sana knew, because Mina and Nayeon couldn’t stop laughing at her for three days after Sana told them about this.

They entered the canteen, and as usual, all eyes are suddenly on them. Usually, Sana would just walked and pretended that Dahyun didn’t exist (although she could actually saw Dahyun from her side eyes), but Sana didn’t know what had gotten into her that day, so she stopped and looked back at Dahyun.

And gave her the softest smile.

Sana didn’t stare at her for a long time because she didn’t want Dahyun to be the center of attention (although it didn’t really work because after that everyone started whispering) but Sana could tell from Dahyun’s face how shy and surprised she was.

“What was that?” Mina asked as they sat down on their usual seats.

“I think… we will see a new couple, soon.” Nayeon teased.

“Oh please, shut up.” Sana chuckled.

Nayeon was not wrong though, because the next day, Sana saw Dahyun and Chaeyoung in the library and approached her.

Nayeon was in detention room (because Mr. Park caught her cheating on test) and Mina didn’t come to school that day because she had a cheerleader competition.

Sana was just minding her own business and scrolling through her Instagram until she caught two familiar figures entering the library and took a seat not far from her.

Sana observing Dahyun from a while, until she finally decided to approach her without doubts.

It was Chaeyoung who noticed her presence first because Dahyun was so busy on reading her book and a pair of earphone was plugged in her ears, so she probably didn’t hear Sana’s voice.

Chaeyoung nudged Dahyun, made Dahyun looked at Chaeyoung, and somehow their eyes met.

“I’m here to see Dahyun.”

That’s what Sana said. Sana was grateful at how thoughtful Chayeoung was, because after she said that, Chaeyoung immediately left, leaving her and Dahyun.

After getting Dahyun’s position, she sat right in front of Dahyun. Sana put a random book she took before approaching Dahyun on the table, and pretended she was reading it.

Sana was really aware that Dahyun was staring at her for the whole time. She was just testing Dahyun.

Normally, people will ask why when someone just randomly came, and sit in front of her. But Dahyun stayed silent for the whole time.

Tired of waiting, Sana finally broke the silence.

“You are staring.” Sana said.

Dahyun immediately apologized. Sana chuckled, and looked at Dahyun.

“I don’t mind though.”

Yes, she was flirting with the younger. Dahyun seemed to notice and her face became red.

Both of them focused on their books again. Sana decided to wait for a few minutes, expecting for Dahyun to say something.

But Sana should have known that Dahyun wouldn’t say anything.

Got tired (again) of waiting, Sana finally broke the silence again.

“Aren’t you going to ask me why I am here, Dahyun-ah?”

Sana had wanted to call Dahyun with that name from a long time ago, and seemed like it had an effect on the younger.

Dahyun was blushing really hard.

“U-Uh, am I supposed to?”

Sana laughed at how Dahyun was stuttering.

“You are so cute.”

Dahyun was blushing even harder…

“And you are now blushing.”

Sana loved teasing Dahyun and seing how Dahyun panicking.

“I’m sorry.”

Dahyun apologized for the second time. Sana raised her eyebrows, and stare at her.

“Why are you always sorry? But yes, you have to be sorry for being so cute.” Sana giggled.

Dahyun was really a mess, Sana could see. Feeling guilty for teasing Dahyun, Sana moved closer and touched Dahyun’s wrist.

“Hey, look at me,” Sana said.

Dahyun has been avoiding Sana’s gaze, and Sana knew she was so nervous.

“It’s okay, I don’t bite. I just have something to talk about with you.”

Sana wanted to comfort Dahyun and not making her felt intimidated, and it somehow worked. Dahyun slowly turned her head and looked at Sana’s directions. However, Dahyun still looked so tense. Sana told her to relax.

After seeing Dahyun was more relaxed than before, Sana started talking about what she had been wanting to tell Dahyun.

“I have been waiting for you to approach me, Dahyun-ah.”

“E-excuse me?”

Dahyun was really surprised, of course.

Sana smiled.

“Yes, I know. But before you say sorry, no, it’s okay. I don’t mind.”

Sana wanted Dahyun to know that she had noticed Dahyun from a long time ago.

“I can say, I enjoy to be starred by you, Dahyun.”

 

Dahyun looked so confused. Sana’s hand are still on Dahyun’s wrist, making a pattern to comfort Dahyun.

“Do you like me?” Sana asked.

Dahyun’s eyes widened.

“I-“

Sana was waiting for the answer. She was lowkey scared that she misunderstood Dahyun’s feelings for her.

But Sana was really sure.

“I hope you do…” Dahyun gasped.

“I’ll be sad if you don’t…” Sana pouted. She knew she had this effect on the younger.

“Because I like you.”

That’s it.

Sana confessed, and she hoped it didn’t scare Dahyun away.

Sana pulled Dahyun’s palm slowly, and wrote something on her hand.

 “Let’s go on a date, Dahyun-ah.”

Dahyun was silent.

“You didn’t say anything. I’ll take that as a yes.”

Getting no response from Dahyun. Sana knew she should give Dahyun time to process everything.

She confessed. She told Dahyun about her feelings, that mattered the most.

Sana decided to leave and gave Dahyun time to think. She was about to leave when she remembered something.

Sana leaned in and gave a quick peck on Dahyun’s cheeks.

“Don’t forget to call me, babe.

With that, Sana left.

She did not look back to see Dahyun’s reaction.

Sana sighed, and smiled to herself.

She was really relieved.

And she hoped Dahyun felt the same way

 

-end