dahyun's pov

clandestine

“Aren’t you going to confess?”

Dahyun sighed for nth time already today. She didn’t respond to Chaeyoung’s question, and shook her head instead.

“You haven’t even tried, but you gave up already.”

Chaeyoung looked at Dahyun, and continue.

“Coward.”

“Excuse me, Son Chaeyoung. I’m just being realistic here.”

Yes, Dahyun had crush on the most popular girl in her school. Smart, beautiful, friendly.

She is everyone’s favorite.

“Well… If you say so.”

“See? You agreed. Now, stop telling me to confess, okay? I won’t do it.”

“Fine, dubs.”

No, it’s not like Dahyun was scared to confess. Confessing it’s not really a big deal to her.

If it’s not MInatozaki Sana.

Dahyun was not scared to confessing her feelings to the older.

She was scared that she would get hurt.

Why would she do something that she knew would hurt her at the end?

“But, dubs. There was something called… miracle?”

Dahyun rolled her eyes.

“You are indirectly saying that it’s impossible for Sana to accept me. Thank you so much.” Dahyun said sarcastically.

“I didn’t mean that. I just want the best for you, dubs. You know that, right?”

Chaeyoung was always a good friend, Dahyun knew.

“So, what are you gonna do?”

“I won’t do anything. What did you expect me to do?

“Right.”

Both Dahyun and Chaeyoung continued having their lunch in peace, until a group of people that Dahyun recognized entered the canteen.

Everyone there started whispering. All the eyes were on them.

Of course, it’s J-Line.

A so called “group” consisted of three Japanese.

Hirai Momo, Myoui Mina, and MInatozaki Sana.

“Your crush is here.” Chaeyoung whispered jokingly.

“Oh, shut up Chae.” Chaeyoung giggled.

Everyone’s eyes – including Dahyun’s are still on them.

Dahyun couldn’t move her eyes even a bit from the blonde.

She is so ethereal, Dahyun thought.

“You really have a crush on someone that the whole school is crushing on too, Dahyun. I can’t believe you.”

“Yes, Dahyun couldn’t believe herself either.

“But I understand. I mean, who wouldn’t.” Chaeyoung continued.

Don’t want to be too obvious, Dahyun decided to look away from older. Dahyun was about to looked away until their eyes met.

Holy .

“Dubs… Am I going crazy or is Minatozaki looking at you?” Chaeyoung nudged Dahyun’s arms.

Dahyun didn’t respond. She was so lost in Sana’s deep brown eyes.

It’s so calming.

Their eyes met for a while, until Minatozaki flashed a soft smile to Dahyun, and broke the stares.

“OH MY GOD, DID SHE JUST SMILE TO YOU?” Chaeyoung said half screaming.

Dahyun was still trying to process everything that just happened.  Dahyun was not even aware that everyone’s eyes are on them.

“They are looking at you, Dahyun…” Chaeyoung whispered slowly, feeling intimidated.

Of course, the Minatozaki just ing smiled to her.

“Chae, am I dreaming or no I think I am insane.”

Chaeyoung clapped her hand, feeling hyped.

“No! She smiled to you. You finally got noticed by your crush. Congratulation!”

-

Lunch time was over, and they were inside the library. Mr. Kim couldn’t come, so there was no class.

And Chaeyoung still couldn’t get over the incident happened during lunch time.

 

“Maybe she likes you too?”

“Oh, no. That’s the least thing I expected to happen.”

“But she noticed you.” Chaeyoung pouted.

Yes, she was happy, Dahyun had to admit. But she didn’t want to give a false hope to herself.

“Maybe she was just being friendly. It was only a smile, nothing more.”

“Yes, I know. But there was a lot of people, why she only smiled to you?”

Chaeyoung made some sense.

“I don’t know, Chae. I really don’t want to bring my hope high. Let’s finish this first, okay?”

Chaeyoung sighed, and nodded.

They continued doing the assignment Mr. Kim left for the whole class. He wouldn’t be happy if they didn’t the pass the assignment at the end of school today.

Both Dahyun and Chaeyoung was so focused doing their works, until someone came to approach her and stood right beside their table, and they didn’t even notice.

“Excuse me.”

Chaeyoung was the first one who noticed the soft voice, and immediately looked away from her book, meanwhile Dahyun was still focused on her book (because she was wearing earphone, and her ears were filled with the loud music so she couldn’t hear anything).

Chaeyoung dropped the pencil she was holding.

“Oh my god.”

Sana laughed at the younger’s reaction. Chaeyoung’s eyes were opened really widely with left agape.

“I’m here to see Dahyun.”

Dahyun was still unaware of Sana’s presence. Chaeyoung pat Dahyun’s shoulder and shook it.

Dahyun, being the -don’t bother me when I’m focused type- was so close to cursing when Chaeyoung bothered her, until she realized Sana’s presence.

“Chaeyoung, what the-“

Sana laughed softly, and her fluffy cheeks moving.

Oh, how much Dahyun wanted to pinch that cheeks.

“Did I bother you?” Sana asked.

Dahyun was still in the cloud nine, and Chaeyoung was more aware about the situation.

“O-of course, not. You said you wanted to see Dahyun, right? I’ll leave you two alone.”

Chaeyoung packed her belongings and gave a smirk to Dahyun.

“Chaeyoung, you-“

Dahyun didn’t even finish her sentences, and Chaeyoung just left like that.

She swore she would kill Chaeyoung after this.

“So, can I sit here? If you don’t mind”

“Y-yeah, of course.”

Sana put the books she has been holding on the table, and took a seat in front of Dahyun that was occupied by Chaeyoung earlier.

There was a big window behind Sana, and Dahyun swore the view in front of her is the most beautiful thing she had ever seen.

Dahyun nearly thought that she was in heaven.

With the sunglight peeking through the window, making everything even more dramatic, and Sana’s ethereal visual was not helping at all.

Her shoulder-length brown hair. Her brown eyes. Her sharp perfect sculptured nose. Her fluffy red cheeks. Her thin plump red lips.

Everything was perfect.

“You are staring.” Sana .

“I-I’m sorry.” Sana chuckled.

“I don’t mind though.”

Dahyun was not that dumb, she knew Sana was flirting with her. A red tint appeared on her cheeks.

Sana opened her books, and started doing whatever she was doing. Dahyun had no urges to ask her either, so she just randomly wrote anything on her book, pretending to doing something.

She was actually panicking inside.

After 5 minutes passed, Sana finally broke the silence.

“Aren’t you going to ask me why I am here, Dahyun-ah?”

Dahyun-ah.

Dahyun got called by that a lot but her name had never sounded this beautiful coming from someone’s mouth before.

“U-Uh, am I supposed to?” Sana laughed.

“You are so cute.”

Dahyun’s cheeks reddened once again.

“And you are now blushing.”

Sana moved her book away, and put her chin on her hand, enjoying the view of flustered Dahyun in front of her.

“I’m sorry…”

Sana raised her left eyebrows.

“Why are you always sorry? But yes, you have to be sorry for being so cute.” Sana giggled.

Dahyun felt like she was really close to dying.

Sana moved closer to Dahyun, and touched her wrist.

“Hey, look at me.”

Dahyun has been avoiding Sana’s gazes (because she was so shy and she was panicking), and Sana did notice that.

“It’s okay, I don’t bite. I just have something to talk about with you.”

Dahyun finally gathered her courage and looked at Sana.

Her heart almost jumped out from its place…

“Relax, okay? You are so tense. Breathe, Dahyun.”

Dahyun listened to Sana, and trying to calm down, but no matter how hard she tried, she just couldn’t.

But she tried to looked as calm as she could.

Realizing Dahyun has relaxed a bit, Sana said again.

“I have been waiting for you to approach me, Dahyun-ah.”

“E-excuse me?”

Sana flashed a soft smile, trying not to be intimidating because she knew Dahyun was still panicking inside.

Sana nodded her head.

“Yes, I know. But before you say sorry, no, it’s okay. I don’t mind.”

Sana stopped, and continued.

“I can say, I enjoy to be starred by you, Dahyun.”

Dahyun was really confused of the situation. Sana should had been mad at her for staring, it’s a stalker behavior, Dahyun thought. But instead to be mad, Sana was being cute, smiling to her, with her hand still holding her wrist.

“Do you like me?”

Dahyun’s eyes widened at the question. She felt like she had been caught…

“I-“

Dahyun really thought he had the courage to confess.

Chaeyoung was right.

Maybe she was a coward…

Sana was still starring at her, waiting for her answer.

Dahyun really wanted to say something, but those words just wouldn’t come out from .

“I hope you do…”

Dahyun gasped.

“I’ll be sad if you don’t…” Sana pouted.

And Dahyun melted inside.

“Because I like you.”

Did I hear it right?

Or am I going insane?

Sana pulled Dahyun’s palm slowly, and wrote something on her hand.

“Let’s go on a date, Dahyun-ah.”

This is too much for Dahyun to process…

Dahyun blinked a few times.

“You didn’t say anything. I’ll take that as a yes.”

Sana took her books from table, and stood up. She was about to leave when she said something.

“Ah, I forgot something.”

Sana leaned in and gave a quick peck on Dahyun’s cheeks.

“Don’t forget to call me, babe.

With that, Sana left.

Dahyun touched her cheek- where Sana just kissed her.

Dahyun looked at her hand palm, where Sana wrote something earlier.

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

Call me!

-your soon to be gf

“Oh my god what the is going on.” Dahyun cursed to herself. She finally got her sense back.

“Dubs…”

Chaeyoung suddenly popped out of nowhere. She showed Dahyun her phone.

“I recorded everything.” Chaeyoung grinned.

“I will kill you, Son.”

-end

 

I’m considering to make Sana’s pov version as well. Hope you enjoy!