Chapter 2

Acrylic Sunset Summers

Baekhyun twirling an envelope around in his hands with a frown on his face did not seem like a very auspicious start to the day.

 

Jongdae sat down anyway, reaching over for the spoon right away to ladle fruit into his bowl.

 

“What’s that?” he asked, spearing a bit of pineapple on his fork.

 

“An invitation. Actually two invitations to a yacht party, thrown by a Kim Namjoon. He heard I was back on the island and coincidentally, he’s back too.”

 

“Isn’t he a polo player?” Jongdae asked, confused by how Baekhyun even knew so many people.

 

“Part time. He does eventing some times. We met at All Stars. He’s a very nice guy but…” Baekhyun flicked the invitation card into air. “I know for sure he invited Lucas and his .”

 

“So it’s a rich people party,” Jongdae said, “I’ll steer clear then.”

 

Baekhyun frowned, shaking his head.

 

“He heard about my new boyfriend and the second invitation is for you. He even put your name on and everything. Gossip spreads fast in the riding world.”

 

Jongdae was losing his appetite by the minute. He did not want to attend a stuffy party, in nice clothes and mingle with people who would look down on him just because he did not have the money to buy a fancy horse.

 

“I don’t really have a suit or anything, Baek,” he said, poking at his pineapple listlessly.

 

“I could get Cyril to get you one,” Baekhyun offered but he must have read Jongdae’s expression as he backtracked quickly. “Or I could just go on my own. Namjoon will understand. Actually he won’t, but I’ll say you’re sick or something.”

 

“You really want to attend this?” Jongdae raised his eyebrows and Baekhyun slumped in his seat.

 

“I have to attend, Dae. It would be an insult not to. And then there’d be more gossip and drama and frankly, I’d rather not have that in my life right now.”

 

He straightened, setting the invitation on the table.

 

It gleamed, printed on cream coloured cardstock and gold lettering, with the blood red seal almost foreboding.

 

“But you don’t have to attend. You’re not a part of this circle and to be frank, I’d like to not drag you into the toxic world of rich people as you say. This vacation is supposed to be for you to relax anyway.” Baekhyun ducked down, pressing a kiss against Jongdae’s lips and ruffled his hair. “I’ll just pop by and come back straight away, okay? We can watch those trashy chick flicks that you like so much.”

 

“Where are you going?” Jongdae asked when he made to leave, his breakfast completely untouched.

 

“I have to get a suit for tonight.”

 

“Baekhyun, wait.”

 

Baekhyun stopped in the entryway, cocking his head.

 

“I’ll eat my breakfast when I get back, Dae. You don’t have to-.”

 

“I’ll go with you,” Jongdae said, walking over to grab his hand. He intertwined their fingers, smiling at the look of relief that crossed Baekhyun’s face. “You hate going to these things alone.”

 

“Are you sure? I really would just be there for an hour or so and get a boat to take me back.”

 

“Yes. We’re in this together, remember? I just told you last night I knew what I was getting into. If being with you means I have to attend stuffy parties and mingle with snobby rich people, I’ll do it.”

 

Baekhyun huffed, wrapping his arm around Jongdae’s waist to pull him close.

 

“Thank you,” he murmured into Jongdae’s shoulder, “We’ll be quick, I promise.”

 

The only upside about agreeing to go to the party was seeing Baekhyun in a suit.

 

His blazer clung to his shoulders and fitted so nicely against his body, showing off the curves so well that Jongdae almost wanted to lock the doors and just keep him at home.

 

“You look good,” he said, his eyes raking up and down Baekhyun’s figure, his hands itching to touch.

 

Baekhyun grinned, tossing back his hair shamelessly.

 

“I always look good but thank you.”

 

He took a good look at Jongdae, still dressed only in his white undershirt and his eyes bulged a little.

 

Jongdae laughed when Baekhyun reached over, curving his hands around Jongdae’s biceps, feeling him up and down.

 

“Can we just stay here? There are a lot of better things we could do with you looking so good in just a white button down,” Baekhyun murmured and Jongdae had to pry him off, shaking his head with a smile.

 

“You mean taking it off?” he asked, lips curling up when Baekhyun nodded vehemently, fingers digging into Jongdae’s biceps.

 

“I’d very much like to take this off,” he said, connecting their lips in a heated kiss.

 

Jongdae was grateful that he had much more self-control than Baekhyun did or they would never leave the house that night.

 

He pushed him away, ignoring Baekhyun’s indignant whining as he shrugged on his blazer, pulling Baekhyun closer with a tight grip on his shirt.

 

“Behave,” he reprimanded as he straightened Baekhyun’s jacket, his boyfriend latching onto his arm with a whine.

 

His nerves were bubbling in the pit of his belly when they got into the car, Baekhyun already distracted by his phone. It was worse than when Lucas had come to see him work with the horse because everyone present at the party would likely already know who he was and how out of league he was.

 

Still, he tried to maintain a neutral expression when Baekhyun cuddled up to him.

 

“You’re nervous.”

 

A hand landed on his jiggling thigh and he turned to his head to see Baekhyun smiling at him fondly.

 

“Yeah. I’m going to feel like a fraud.”

 

“You’re not a fraud, Dae. You’re better than the rest of us already because you don’t need money to prove your worth,” Baekhyun said, rubbing his thigh soothingly, kissing his cheek.

 

Jongdae scoffed. “That’s not what they’re going to care about though, Baek.”

 

Baekhyun looked at him worriedly, squeezing his thigh and reaching over to lace their fingers together.

 

“You know you really don’t have to. I can have the chauffeur drive you around town while I mingle. I’ll be an hour, two, tops.”

 

“In this suit?” Jongdae looked down at what he was wearing and laughed.

 

“I brought your clothes, Dae. Just in case. You’re not obligated to come with me, you know.”

 

Baekhyun set a bag in Jongdae’s lap and a rush of warmth bloomed in Jongdae’s chest when he looked in Baekhyun’s eyes and saw nothing but sincerity. 

 

“It’s okay. I said I’d do it. Who’s going to entertain you otherwise?” he said, nudging him and Baekhyun smiled, rubbing his leg.

 

“I won’t leave your side,” he murmured, leaning his head against Jongdae’s shoulder, “promise.”

 

The party was already in full swing by the time they boarded the yacht, full of bright lights and loud music, people milling all around the place with wineglasses clutched in their hands.

 

Jongdae could feel their stares, hear their whispers when he boarded with Baekhyun at his side, their hands laced tightly together.

 

They could tell at once that he did not belong there, in their world of glitter and glamour.

 

But Baekhyun squeezed his hand reassuringly.

 

“Ignore them,” he murmured as he navigated around the people with ease, smiling and nodding whenever someone waved, “we just need to find the host, get a drink and some food, mingle for a bit before we can go.”

 

He straightened when a tall man strode through the crowd, eyes alight.

 

“Baekhyun hyung!”

 

“Joon!”

 

Baekhyun’s hand unraveled from Jongdae and he flung his arms around the blonde man, hugging him tightly.

 

“Wow, I haven’t seen you in ages, jeez. Love the hair!” Namjoon grinned. His gaze flicked over to Jongdae and he smiled, bigger this time. “And you must be Jongdae? Hello!”

 

Jongdae smiled awkwardly, extending his hand out, once again shocked when Namjoon hugged him, patting his back heavily.

 

“Damn he’s pretty. A good catch, hyung,” Namjoon said, chuckling when Jongdae blushed. He spun around, gesturing to the food tables. “Go get some food! Parents brought out the good wine for the night too!”

 

“We will,” Baekhyun nodded, reaching out to take Jongdae’s hand again, “thanks for inviting us.”

 

Namjoon flashed them a bright smile, jerking his thumb towards the door.

 

“I gotta go greet more people but come find me later! We need to catch up!”

 

He darted away before Baekhyun could reply, bustling over to smile and wave at the small group that had just entered the room.

 

“He’s very friendly,” Jongdae remarked as Baekhyun led him over to the food table, a little more at ease now.

 

“Yeah. He’s one of the nice ones. His buddies too, over there.”

 

Baekhyun pointed to where a group of three men were crowded around a bar, laughing boisterously.

 

“They mostly keep to themselves. Pretty exclusive, if you ask me.”

 

Jongdae laughed as he reached for a plate, Baekhyun pouring them both wine.

 

“Your group is exclusive, Baek. Back at Elyxion. Your friend group is the one that everybody wants in on.”

 

“But we’re a big group,” Baekhyun argued, nicking one of the hors d'oeuvres that Jongdae had just placed on his plate, “not small like theirs.”

 

Jongdae shrugged his shoulders, studying the group of young men drinking and laughing with a smile.

 

“Maybe there’s good in keeping it small,” he said.

 

They were having a decent time, Baekhyun making small talk whenever someone approached them, introducing Jongdae and just enjoying the food overall but all good things had to come to an end it seemed.

 

“Oops!”

 

The splash of red wine was so cold that Jongdae was stunned for a moment, his eyes screwing up to keep the liquid from burning.

 

Baekhyun gasped and immediately, there was a napkin being pressed into his hand and another onto his face, dabbing the wine off.

 

“Sorry, I didn’t see you there.”
 

Jongdae’s blood boiled as he accepted the napkin, viciously scrubbing at his face so that he did not have to look into the smug face that he knew was standing only a few feet away.

 

“You ing bastard,” Baekhyun seethed when Jongdae finally opened his eyes, dropping the napkin onto the table.

 

Lucas was standing in front of their table with Harley, now blonde, looped around his arm. She was laughing hysterically, her face so caked with makeup that she looked like a plastic doll.

 

The red wine smell was cloyingly sweet, clinging to Jongdae as he straightened, grasping Baekhyun’s arm before he could do anything that he might regret. He looked like he would too.

 

“It was an accident, Baekhyun. It’s not like I did it deliberately. He really is so short that I couldn’t see him and I tripped,” Lucas said, saccharine sweet, setting his empty wine glass on their table.

 

Jongdae inhaled, tightening his grip on Baekhyun’s arm.

 

“Well, watch where you’re going,” he said icily, “they might not be quite so forgiving next time.”

 

Lucas’ face twisted but Jongdae had enough of his stupid face.

 

He tugged hard on Baekhyun’s arm.

 

“I’m going up on deck for some air,” he said, “come with?”

 

Just to regain some of his lost pride, he yanked off his blazer, draping it over Lucas’ arm before he could react, making sure that the part soaked with red wine came into direct contact with his sleeve.

 

“What the hell?”

 

“I don’t need it anymore,” Jongdae said, “you can have it.”

 

He dragged Baekhyun away before Lucas could react, Baekhyun still fuming as they dodged around the crowd and made their way up to the deck where there were less people gawking.

 

Thankfully, the wine had made it mostly onto Jongdae’s face and blazer and his white undershirt had only some staining around the collar where the wine had dripped down from Jongdae’s face.

 

“I’m going to sock that bastard,” Baekhyun muttered and Jongdae shook his head, taking the napkin he still held in his hand.

 

“Don’t,” he said softly, “it’s not worth it.”

 

He could feel his face burning from the humiliation but it was mostly quiet anger that boiled through his veins.

 

Footsteps on the deck made them both look up to see Namjoon and one of his buddies standing before them, armed with more napkins.

 

“I’m so sorry, hyung,” Namjoon apologised as he handed the napkins over, his friend holding out a brand new blazer for Jongdae, “I didn’t know.”

 

Jongdae dabbed at the stains, wiping as much of the stickiness off his face as he could before accepting the new blazer. The night was cold with the wind ruffling his hair and he would regret not taking it.

 

“Thank you,” he said sincerely and Namjoon’s friend nodded, handsome face creasing.

 

“He shouldn’t have done that. That won’t win him any favours with the others.”

 

Jongdae shrugged on the blazer as Baekhyun nodded, still wiping his face with the napkins.

 

“The toilets are over there if you want to wash your face,” Namjoon said kindly and Jongdae exchanged a glance with Baekhyun.

 

“No, I think. I think we’ve had enough for one night. We don’t want to create any more trouble for you, Joon. You’ve been more than welcoming,” Baekhyun said, looping his arm around Jongdae’s waist.

 

Namjoon made a face and nodded.

 

“It’s a shame we didn’t get to catch up. But I’ll call you again, hyung. We can go out for lunch. For what it’s worth,” he paused, as if unsure if he should say what he was thinking, “I think the two of you are perfect for each other.”

 

“Thank you,” Baekhyun replied, lips curving into a tiny smile. He handed the napkins back to his friend and nodded. “I’ll call you for that lunch. You should bring your mates too. It’s been a while.”

 

Namjoon lit up as he escorted them to the ladder, his friend leaning in close to whisper something before disappearing back into the ballroom.

 

“I’m so sorry about Lucas, hyung. But I hope you have a great rest of the night!”

 

The chauffeur seemed incredibly surprised to be called up so early but he asked no questions when Jongdae and Baekhyun slid into the seat.

 

Jongdae felt sticky gross as Baekhyun reached into the seat pocket in front of him, pulling out a packet of wet wipes.

 

“Here.” He handed them over and Jongdae nodded his thanks, wiping the gross feeling from his face. “I’m sorry, Dae. I shouldn’t have brought you with me.”

 

Jongdae looked up, surprised.

 

“Baek, it’s not your fault your ex is a jealous idiot,” he said, dropping the wet wipe into his lap.

 

Baekhyun looked absolutely miserable, toying with his phone as Jongdae cosied up to him, laying his head against his shoulder.

 

“I know, I just wish-.”

 

“Don’t think about it,” Jongdae said, kissing the column of his neck gently, “I’m okay. At least we got out of there.”

 

The night was still young when they returned back to the house, Jongdae already shrugging off the new coat before they could even get to the door.

 

“Hey.” Baekhyun grabbed his hand before they could even open the gate, “there’s a hot tub out back. Do you wanna-?”

 

He wiggled his eye brows a little, a small smile curving on his lips and Jongdae laughed, nodding eagerly.

 

There were towels set out neatly by the jacuzzi and bathrobes and all they had to do was to strip down .

 

“I can’t believe we’re skinning dipping in a jacuzzi after your ex tossed a glass of red wine into my face,” Jongdae remarked as he dipped his foot into the warm water.

 

Baekhyun had the jets and it was so soothing when he slid to sit down on the ledge, the bubbles pummelling at his back. He stretched, groaning as the bubbles worked at his back.

 

“Well, this is a better use of our night,” he replied, sliding up to sit beside Jongdae.

 

Jongdae laughed when he tugged him down for a kiss, still tasting of the fancy red wine, his hands moving underwater to curl around Baekhyun’s waist.

 

“I fully agree,” he murmured, over Baekhyun’s lips with a smile.

 

Baekhyun swung a leg over his lap and he gasped, fingers digging into his hip when he was straddled, pushed back against the jacuzzi’s wall.

 

“We could have been here all night, making out,” Jongdae teased, running a hand along Baekhyun’s back when he leaned forward.

 

The unpleasantness of the evening melted away when Baekhyun kissed him again, hungry and desperate.

 

“I wanted to kiss you so bad after you just draped the jacket over Lucas’ arm,” he panted, squeezing his legs around Jongdae , “you’ve never looked so hot.”

 

“Rude,” Jongdae murmured against his lips, bracing his hands against Baekhyun’s waist, “so I’m not hot until I’ve been splashed in the face with wine?”

 

Baekhyun whined and burrowed his face into the crook of Jongdae’s neck.

 

“You know that’s not what I meant.”

 

Jongdae hummed, sliding his hand a little lower to cup Baekhyun’s perk little bottom.

 

“What did you mean then?” he teased, pulling his cheeks apart just to hear Baekhyun gasp, nails digging into his shoulders.

 

“You’re- oh! Jongdae!” Baekhyun squirmed and Jongdae could feel his stiffening, pressed up against his abs when he dipped his finger experimentally past his rim.

 

“I’m what?” Jongdae might be a little cruel, teasing Baekhyun when he had no intention of letting it lead to anything more than a heavy make out session but he figured Baekhyun deserved it. He was the reason Jongdae went to the party after all.

 

Baekhyun whimpered, his hips jerking towards Jongdae’s fingers and Jongdae moved his hand away, drawing a cry of protest.

 

“You’re hot all the time,” he murmured, “especially when you’re carrying those feed buckets- !”

 

Jongdae laughed at his face, scrunched with pleasure as he traced his rim, Baekhyun grinding down into his lap.

 

“You like it when I carry all those buckets?” he asked, catching Baekhyun’s lips.

 

He relished his low moan, wrapping one hand around Baekhyun’s thigh, trailing his fingers up until Baekhyun shuddered.

 

“I like it,” Baekhyun groaned into his mouth, nails digging so hard into Jongdae’s shoulder that it hurt, pinpricks of pain travelling through the flesh.

 

“Is that why you never offer to help?” Jongdae breathed into his ear, dropping his head down to mouth at Baekhyun’s shoulder.

 

Baekhyun shivered when he blew a puff of air at his sensitive neck, clinging on to him for dear life.

 

Jongdae thumbed at his furled entrance once more, just to hear him moan, grinning when all he could do was shift his hips.

 

“Dae- ah- wait- !”

 

Jongdae burst out laughing when Baekhyun resurfaced, his hair flattened to his forehead. He curled into himself, giggling, very proud of himself.

 

“Kim Jongdae!” Baekhyun whined, wading over to sit next to him. “Was that your plan all along?”

 

He pouted, nuzzling into Jongdae’s shoulder like a pitiful puppy.

 

“We can’t do anything here, Baek.” Jongdae turned over, kissing the tip of his nose. “We don’t have anything either.”

 

“We can still make out,” Baekhyun said hopefully, pressing kisses against his bare shoulder. He clamped his teeth down onto a patch of skin and Jongdae winced.

 

He let him be, allowing him to a purplish mark into his skin.

 

“Aren’t you possessive,” he commented, twisting to get a good look at the hickey when Baekhyun pulled away, mouthing at his bicep.

 

“I want you to me in this hot tub one day,” Baekhyun murmured and Jongdae choked, his eyes widening.

 

“Baekhyun!”

 

“What? That’s a very reasonable thing to say when you have your hot boyfriend sitting in a hot tub with you.” Baekhyun stuck out his tongue and Jongdae burst into laughter, swinging around to kiss him silly.

 

The kiss became heated very quickly, no pun intended, Baekhyun’s hands roving all over Jongdae’s body, trailing from his waist to his thighs.

 

Jongdae swore when a delicate hand wrapped around his half hard , Baekhyun toying with him as he slid his tongue into his mouth.

 

“Mmm, Jongdae,” Baekhyun moaned, his hand gliding up and down Jongdae’s shaft.

 

Jongdae caught hold of his hand, shuddering when Baekhyun’s gaze turned mischievous as he thumbed over the head of Jongdae’s .

 

Jongdae gurgled with shock when Baekhyun slapped a hand over his mouth, muffling his loud moan.

 

“You’re so loud, Dae,” he giggled, rising to perch himself on Jongdae’s legs.

 

Jongdae squirmed, dropping his head back as Baekhyun began to work him over, him up and down, one hand still pressed over his mouth.

 

His legs jerked erratically and he shrieked in pain and pleasure when Baekhyun dug a nail into , his lips curling with delight.

 

“Shhh,” he admonished and Jongdae could only whimper, his hands going up to grasp at Baekhyun’s hips, shuddering when he fondled his balls harshly.

 

“Do you think I could you off underwater?” Baekhyun asked, as if he was asking about the weather.

 

Jongdae’s eyes widened and he keened against Baekhyun’s hand, fingers digging into flesh.

 

“Baek- - what the !” he gasped when Baekhyun ducked beneath the water’s surface, closing his lips around his hard .

 

Jongdae squeezed his hands into fists and tried not scream when Baekhyun jerked up, panting and coughing.

 

“Nope,” he grinned, “still gonna make you though.”

 

Jongdae mumbled a protest when he clapped his wet hand back over his mouth, curling his other hand around his .

 

Pleasure coiled in his belly as he writhed, hips jerking upwards in Baekhyun’s hand. Baekhyun had started back up again, him in long until Jongdae was gasping, moans muffled in his hand.

 

“I like you like this,” Baekhyun purred, yelping when Jongdae curved his hands around his thighs, raking thin lines into his skin.

 

The jets were still going, pounding against his back rhythmically as Baekhyun jerked him off, every pull sending pleasure shooting through Jongdae’s body.

 

“Ummph-,” he grunted against Baekhyun’s hand, trying to warn him as his pleasure crested to a peak.

 

Jongdae threw back his head, body shuddering and jerking erratically as he came hard, white ropes of spilling over Baekhyun’s hand and into the water.

 

“. That was hot.”

 

He squirmed when Baekhyun did not release him immediately, his hand still working him.

 

“Baek- Baek, stop,” he gasped, batting at Baekhyun’s hand, his legs trembling.

 

Baekhyun laughed, giving him one more pull before releasing him, Jongdae practically collapsing against the side of the tub.

 

“You- you’re still hard,” Jongdae mumbled, spent. He gestured to Baekhyun but to his surprise, Baekhyun moved away, shaking his head.

 

“I’m good. I can take care of myself. Just-. The lube is in the drawer beside your bed.”

 

He wiggled his eyebrows and Jongdae laughed tiredly.

 

“I don’t think I can go another round, Baek. Lemme or something.”

 

Baekhyun pouted but he did not seem too disappointed, settling into the ledge beside Jongdae.

 

“We should probably get out anyway. My hands are all pruny,” he said, nuzzling into Jongdae’s neck.

 

Jongdae dropped a kiss on his nose and rose out of the water, grimacing.

 

“God, I feel gross,” he said even as Baekhyun clung to him, snatching up the nearest towel to wrap them both up.

 

“Shower and then bed,” Baekhyun mumbled as they stumbled through the dark house, .

 

It was a miracle that they did not wake anyone up at all.

 

Jongdae was half asleep by the time Baekhyun crawled into his bed, all soft and pliant, murmuring something about not wanting to sleep alone.

 

“You took a long shower,” he said groggily, lifting his covers for Baekhyun to slide under.

 

Baekhyun hummed, nestling as close as he could.

 

They were both asleep before he could get a proper answer out of Baekhyun.

 

The next few days were almost repetitive.

 

Get out of bed, eat breakfast, go to the ranch and work with the mare. Then they would go for lunch in a nice restaurant in town or Baekhyun would have some activity scheduled for the both of them.

 

If there was nothing to do, they lazed around the house, watching movies, getting fat off caramel drizzled popcorn and soda that Cyril bought for them from the supermarket.

 

Jongdae got to meet Namjoon properly, along with his friends, Seokjin and Hoseok, at a fine dining restaurant.

 

They dressed down, in Bermudas and sandals and spent an afternoon splashing about at a country club that Seokjin’s father owned, drinking tropical cocktails and eating bar food.

 

The country club had horses on premise and Seokjin allowed them ride, beautiful Thoroughbreds with shiny coats and perfect conformation.

 

“These are mostly race horses no?” Baekhyun asked as he mounted a beautiful grey stallion that tossed its head and stamped its hooves impatiently.

 

“Not really, no. The real race horses are in the other stable. Dad wouldn’t let me ride them if he used them for real races. There’s a weight limit on how much they should carry and they’re so carefully trained,” Seokjin answered, trotting away on his own bay gelding, Aslan.

 

They rode around the race tracks before leaving to go on a short hack into the neighbouring trails.

 

“You should go swimming with horses,” Hoseok said before they left, hot and sweaty. He grinned, throwing an arm around Namjoon as they walked out of the stables. “It’ll be the most fun you have. Hyung, you should take him.”

 

“Oh, we will,” Baekhyun said as he leaned into Jongdae’s side, grinning.

 

They did, one very hot afternoon.

 

Uncle Dohyun gave them permission to take Jigsaw and Honeybee down to the beach and Jongdae was overjoyed when he went with them, taking the palomino mare with him.

 

She was fully tacked and not ready to be let into the water yet. In fact there was a very real chance that she would not learn to swim before they had to go but Uncle Dohyun promise that by the time she was flown over to them, she would know how to swim.

 

Jigsaw and Honeybee were both experienced swimmers and it was nothing like Jongdae ever imagined when Baekhyun went in first, riding atop Honeybee, with only a halter and a lead rope.

 

The water splashed up into the air as he rode, slipping off the mare’s back when she began to swim.

 

Jongdae urged Jigsaw into the water, the gelding going willingly.

 

“It’s fun, isn’t!” Baekhyun called, paddling furiously to keep up with his horse. Jongdae grinned back at him, giving him a thumbs up before he felt Jigsaw start to kick.

 

He slid off his back, only holding onto the lead rope as he swam, following the gelding around. Jigsaw was having the time of his life, snorting happily as he swam in a semi-circle before Jongdae guided him back onto the shore.

 

The palomino mare was pawing at the water’s edge when he stepped out of the waves, bright eyes curious.

 

They watched Jigsaw flop down onto the sand, rolling in the shallows before standing upright, grunting.

 

“He’s having so much fun, that old boy,” Uncle Dohyun said as Jigsaw trotted over to them, touching noses with the mare. “Have you thought of what you’re going to name this girl?”

 

He patted the mare for emphasis and Jongdae blinked.

 

“She’ll be Baekhyun’s horse. He’ll name her when he get the papers.”

 

The look in Uncle Dohyun’s eyes surprised him but he said nothing, calling out to Baekhyun instead.

 

“Yah, Hyunnie. Honey needs a break. You need to guide her out or she’ll never leave!”

 

Baekhyun laughed and Jongdae watched as he expertly guided the mare into shallow water where he could mount her and ride out of the waves, water cascading off the both of them.

 

The palomino mare snorted, trotting over to nose at Honeybee curiously, butting her muzzle into Baekhyun before stepping away and sneezing.

 

“Aww, she’s so cute,” Baekhyun cooed, her golden ears.

 

They had really worked hard on her, getting her used to be saddled and carrying a rider. Perhaps because she had been half broken when they got her, she caught on to everything far more quickly than most horses that Uncle Dohyun said he had worked with.

 

Jongdae’s presence made a difference, though, Uncle Dohyun had said. If the horse liked its rider, it would be far more willing to perform and it was clear that the mare adored Jongdae.

 

If he was in the pen, she wanted nothing more than to stand close to him, have his hand on her nose, her shoulder.

 

When he had finally gotten on her the first time, Jongdae thought he might have actually cried real tears of joy. She always put her head over the door whenever she heard Jongdae’s voice and looked so sad when they had to leave her.

 

Because she was to be Baekhyun’s horse, they had to get her to love Baekhyun as well, but there was a clear distinction between the way she treated Baekhyun and Jongdae.

 

“I didn’t realise a horse could fall in love at first sight,” Uncle Joon commented when he left the house to watch them work the mare. To be precise, he was watching Jongdae work the mare.

 

They reinforced their bond, Jongdae sending her away from him on a lunge line again and again and then turning his back on her to wait for her to go to him.

 

“Well this one did,” Uncle Dohyun replied. Jongdae looked up from where he was the mare’s nose to give him a thumbs up, pressing a kiss against the side of the mare’s muzzle. She snorted at him, bumping at his head gently.

 

Jongdae relished every moment he got to spend with her, both alone and with Baekhyun. She bonded well with Baekhyun too, when he got into the pen with her.

 

He busied himself with the other horses while Baekhyun had his time with her, listening to her pleased whiskers and sounds while Baekhyun groomed her, with a smile on his face.

 

“This one’s going to be spoiled,” Uncle Dohyun said when they returned the mare to her stall together, Baekhyun sitting in the saddle and Jongdae on foot by her head, talking sweet nothings to her.

 

“She’s a princess,” Baekhyun commented, grinning as he dismounted, reaching over to pat her shoulder. “She should be named after one.”

 

“Diana,” Jongdae said absently as he was leading the mare into the stall. “You could name her Diana.”

 

“If you want that, I’ll write it on her papers,” Baekhyun replied and Jongdae looked up too quickly.

 

“You’re supposed to name her, Baek. There’s no rush.”

 

Baekhyun shrugged.

 

“You’re good with names. I’d listen to you.”

 

Jongdae rolled his eyes, smiling as he untacked the mare, the horse lipping at her hay net insistently before turning around to look at him as if to say, “fill this up!”

 

“We’ll talk about it.”

 

-

 

“It’s almost our last day here,” Baekhyun murmured and Jongdae turned, squeezing his hand .

 

They were up early, perched on a rock on the beach to watch the sunrise.

 

The wind was blowing hard and he was glad that he had brought a cardigan for it was cold and also the perfect excuse to snuggle up against Baekhyun, leeching the extra warmth.

 

“Back to reality we go,” Jongdae said, smiling when Baekhyun wrinkled his nose, resting his head on his shoulder, his silver hair splaying out.

 

“I’d much rather stay here with you,” he replied, “just have a ranch of our own, raise horses and watch the sunrise every morning.”

 

He turned his head and the sincerity in his eyes made Jongdae’s heart stutter, butterflies fluttering about in his stomach.

 

“You’d want to do that with me?” he asked, raising a hand to Baekhyun’s bangs away from his face, dropping a kiss onto his head.

 

“Why wouldn’t I?” Baekhyun sat up, scooting closer, his arm wrapping around Jongdae’s waist, “Jongdae, you’re the only one that I’ve ever been able to see a future with.”

 

Jongdae tucked a stray lock of silver hair behind Baekhyun’s ear and dipped down to kiss him properly, thumbing at his cheekbone as warmth bloomed in his chest.

 

“I could say the same about you,” he murmured against his lips, smiling when he felt rather than heard Baekhyun’s sigh.

 

“Maybe someday.”

 

Jongdae hummed in reply, draping his arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders.

 

“M’cold,” Baekhyun mumbled, moving as close as he could.

 

Jongdae rolled his eyes, clicking his tongue at him, drawing him almost into his lap.

 

“I told you to take your jacket,” he chided when Baekhyun burrowed his face into his neck, kissing the top of his head before turning back to stare at the horizon.

 

The sun was just rising above the sea, golden rays spilling out into the world. Clouds turned orange, reflecting into the water. Jongdae smiled to himself when Baekhyun cuddled into him, lacing their hands together.

 

“There’s Father’s sailboat,” Baekhyn murmured sleepily, pointing out to the sea. “We’ll go on it later.”

 

Later turned out to be much later. They spent the morning curled up in bed, lazily kissing and slipping in and out of dreamland.

 

It was nice to have a lazy day after so many days of just going places and swimming and riding. Jongdae was sore all over, in places that had not been sore since the last time he took a riding lesson.

 

Uncle Dohyun was an excellent teacher and even though Jongdae was not planning on competing any time soon, he could feel that his riding had improved by heaps and bounds, just from the amount of liberty training he had done on this vacation.

 

He turned over, groaning when Baekhyun dug his fingers into a particularly tight knot in his shoulders.

 

“You need to ride more often, old man,” Baekhyun teased as he worked the knot out, pressing his knuckles into the muscle.

 

“If I had the money and the time, I would,” Jongdae grumbled, a low moan falling from his lips when Baekhyun dug his fist into his lower back. He arched, gasping when Baekhyun rubbed hard, the tension bleeding out of his shoulders as the knot loosened.

 

“Well you will now, when we get back,” Baekhyun said triumphantly, rolling off to boop Jongdae’s nose. Jongdae wrinkled his nose at him, sticking out his tongue.

 

“Are you seriously going to pay me to ride that mare?” he asked, nuzzling closer.

 

“I’m not paying you. My dad is,” Baekhyun grinned, rubbing their noses together. “He approves of you, if that’s what you’re worried about.”

 

“I know,” Jongdae said, scooting closer, “at least one of you has a supportive parent.”

 

He had received a text from Yixing, surprisingly, asking him to work Starfire when he got back. When Jongdae had asked him where he was, Yixing said something about a hijacked vacation and Yifan, which Baekhyun confirmed after showing him Yifan’s private Instagram, full of photos of Yixing.

 

“Hey, Yixing’s parents are great too.” Baekhyun nudged him hard and Jongdae swung a leg over him, rolling over to sit on him.

 

“They are,” he confirmed, “so are mine.”

 

Baekhyun made a face.

 

“Your dad is scary,” he commented and Jongdae could not help but agree.

 

“He is but only because he thinks you’re some millionaire playboy who’s going to break my heart.”

 

Baekhyun’s mouth dropped open, offended.

 

“Millionaire playboy? I’ve never broken a heart in my life!”

 

Jongdae laughed, gently closing Baekhyun’s mouth for him.

 

“I’m sure you haven’t,” he said, leaning down to kiss him. “You’re the most perfect guy in existence.”
 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, poking at Jongdae’s abs. “Now you’re just making fun of me.”

 

Jongdae’s eyes twinkled as he climbed out of bed, wandering over to grab his towel.

 

“Get out of bed now, lazy . You were the one who booked that snorkelling experience and the car will be here to pick us up soon.”

 

The sun was shining when they stepped onto the sail boat, greeted by a very enthusiastic sailor who shook both their hands and commented about how much Baekhyun looked like his father.

 

“I hope you can swim, Jongdae,” Antonio, the sailor said, grinning as he handed them their wetsuits and snorkelling gear.

 

“I can,” Jongdae replied.

 

It was warm in the water when they stepped off the boat, plunging into the sea. Jongdae needed a few tries to get used to the fins before he could get it right but when he did, he was in awe of the marine life that he could see beneath him.

 

The water was crystal clear as they swam, Jongdae sticking close to the surface while Baekhyun dived in deeper to get closer.

 

A school of yellow sunfish swam past Jongdae’s face when he stuck his head back into the water, pecking at the orange anemones.

 

He could see Baekhyun a short distance away, peering into a rock crevice.

 

Baekhyun looked up, blowing bubbles through his snorkel and waved, pointing at the rocks.

 

Curious, Jongdae swam over clumsily, bubbling through the pipe of his snorkel. He kicked, feeling the water under his fins.

 

Baekhyun’s hand closed around his wrist, pulling him close enough for him to see the octopus nestled deep into the crevice.

 

Jongdae grinned around the snorkel mask, giving him a thumbs up before swimming up to the surface as slowly as he could. He did not want to disturb the wildlife.

 

They spent almost an hour and a half in and out of the water, Antonio pulling them back into the boat whenever they got tired of one spot.

 

They sailed from one snorkeling spot to another until they arrived at some beach resort that Baekhyun’s father had a membership at.

 

Jongdae had no idea how the resort allowed them entry when they were both in wetsuits but they did, the staff bringing them towels and dry clothes to change.

 

“Do you want a drink?” Baekhyun asked when they were both dressed in flip flops and Bermudas, ruffling his hair with a grin.

 

Jongdae nodded, ordering a lime mojito while Baekhyun got a tequila sunrise, so aptly named for its rich reddish orange colour.

 

They spread out on the beach chairs, watching the waves sweep in and out while waiting for the servers to arrive with their drinks.

 

“Yah, Baekhyun!” Jongdae yelped. He had been napping very soundly when a warm body cuddled up to him without a warning.

 

“Isn’t it nice?” Baekhyun asked, ignoring Jongdae’s squawk. He squished his way in beside Jongdae on his chair, his phone raised in the air, the camera app already open. “Say cheese.”

 

Jongdae lolled his head over onto Baekhyun’s shoulder, smiling sleepily into the camera.

 

“Well, if it isn’t Baekhyun and his stable boy again.”

 

The wonderful moment was broken the moment the voice cut through the air, Jongdae stiffening at once. His fingers clenched into a fist as Baekhyun sat up, face twisted into an expression of annoyance.

 

Why the hell did they have such terrible luck to bump into that bastard again?

 

“Next time I’m bring holy water to keep that demon away,” Baekhyun grumbled lowly into his ear as the speaker came into view, Lucas’ face twisted into an ugly sneer at the sight of the two of them cuddled up together.

 

Jongdae barely managed to swallow down his laughter, sitting up.

 

“Jealous, Lucas?” Baekhyun snarked when Lucas rolled his eyes at them, a girl on either side of him. Neither of them was Harley.

 

Jongdae wondered if his girlfriend knew that he was even here, picking up girls while they were together.

 

“Hardly likely. A stable hand really? You should have picked up a son of a judge at EX’ACT, maybe they’d get you into the finals,” Lucas sneered, his hand hanging loosely off one of the girl’s shoulder.

 

Jongdae growled under his breath but Baekhyun was hardly perturbed.

 

“Say that when you’ve actually beaten me at EX’ACT,” he smiled crookedly, dropping his head onto Jongdae’s shoulder.

 

His arm wound around Jongdae’s waist securely, Jongdae leaning into his side.

 

Lucas’ eyes narrowed.

 

“Just you wait, Byun Baekhyun. I’ll win EX’ACT and make you eat your words.”

 

Baekhyun shrugged at him while Jongdae did his best not to laugh out loud.

 

Kim Minseok from Elyxion had won EX’ACT champion for three years running until a knee injury put him out for god knows how long. No one else had even come close to his level of his riding.

 

He had competed worldwide with his partner, a Chinese rider called Luhan, who had won the Prussian and numerous other major showjumping events.

 

Even Junmyeon who had won the Exordium twice and EX’ACT once admitted that Exordium had been his lucky shot because Minseok had pulled out for fear of injuring his horse.

 

Jongdae had only ever seen Kim Minseok ride on TV and that man was a master at all three events. It was a shame that he was out for so long, both because of his injury and his horse’s injury.

 

“Unless you somehow magically form a bond with your horse that’s as unbreakable as Junmyeon hyung and Stormdancer, that’s impossible. But good luck,” Baekhyun scoffed, turning away.

 

The servers arrived at exactly the right time, bearing their cocktails along with honeyed chicken wings that had Jongdae’s mouth watering at the smell.

 

He had tuned out of Baekhyun and Lucas’s conversation, more interested in the food than the riders’ trash talking.

 

Jongdae plucked up a wing, pulling the meat off the bones lazily. He turned over so that he was flat on his back, squishing poor Baekhyun almost off the edge of his lounge chair so that he could soak up the sun. It was more entertaining than listening to Lucas try and talk Baekhyun down.

 

“-I’m sure Harley will be very interested in what you’re doing right now.” Baekhyun’s words filtered into his mind, scathing and Jongdae blinked, tilting his head vaguely so that he could see his boyfriend sit up, phone in hand.

 

Lucas stiffened, his jaw working.

 

“You wouldn’t dare,” he threatened, his body tense. Jongdae studied him with mild interest. Could he actually be serious over that simpering brunette?

 

“What’s the matter? It’s not like you haven’t had scandals before,” Baekhyun replied, typing away on his phone. Jongdae looked over and stifled a smile.

 

Baekhyun was only typing out gibberish into a text message to Chanyeol. If he actually hit send, Chanyeol would just be entirely confused.

 

Lucas’ face darkened. The two girls on his arms released him with a sniff, slipping away before he could call them back. Jongdae hid a smile behind his chicken wing, completely ignoring Baekhyun when he shoved at him to make space.

 

“Go away, Lucas. You’re ruining my view,” Baekhyun said, flapping a hand at him. He reached over Jongdae, picking up his drink before taking a long sip.

 

When Lucas did not move, he waved his drink threateningly at him.

 

“Alcohol in the face isn’t pleasant, Lucas. Move before I make you.”

 

Lucas’ expression twisted but he did leave then, shooting scathing looks behind him.

 

“You’re such an ,” Jongdae commented, smiling as he dropped his chicken bones onto the tray. Baekhyun leaned over, stealing a kiss from his lips before he could respond, grinning.

 

“He’s the ,” he replied, swinging a leg over to straddle Jongdae’s waist. Jongdae rolled his eyes at him, running a honey covered hand along Baekhyun’s bare thigh just to see him wrinkle his nose in disgust.

 

They stayed at the resort for the rest of the afternoon, Jongdae actually falling asleep on the lounge chair before Baekhyun woke him up to drag him into the ocean.

 

The water was warm when they waded in, Jongdae revelling in Baekhyun’s yelps when he splashed him hard, retaliating by dragging Jongdae all the way into the waves. Jongdae yanked him down on top of him. His lips tasted like the sea and his tequila when he kissed him, still laughing.

 

“Damnit, Jongdae!” Baekhyun gasped when he rolled off him and Jongdae could finally get up. His hair was soaked and sticking to his head when he sat up, his shorts full of sand.

 

“What did I do?” Jongdae asked, batting his lashes innocently. Baekhyun assaulted him with a faceful of seawater, laughing as he ran away.

 

They played in the water until they were both exhausted and covered with sand before Baekhyun called Antonio back to pick them up.

 

“I’m so tired,” Jongdae mumbled, flopping onto his bed. All the work Baekhyun had done on his muscles that morning had gone to waste as he was stiff again and so very sore.

 

They had returned close to sunset and the servants had prepared a delicious meal consisting of lots of seafood and he was so stuffed.

 

“Aww, does that mean we can’t do anything?” Baekhyun asked, flopping on top of him, making him yelp.

 

Jongdae pushed at him half heartedly.

 

“You’re heavy,” he grumbled, giving up. Baekhyun grinned, scooting down so that he could line their crotches up and grind down hard, drawing a low groan from Jongdae.

 

“Come on, Dae. It’s almost time to go home and you haven’t ed me even once,” he whined, Jongdae’s cheeks flushing.

 

“Why are you insatiable?” he grumbled, grabbing him by the throat and yanking him down.

 

Baekhyun let out a pleasured gasp, catching his lips in a heated kiss, fingers roaming all over Jongdae’s body.

 

“Will your uncles kill you if they know what you’re up to here?” Jongdae gasped, squirming as Baekhyun kissed along the side of his throat.

 

His shirt was half opened and Baekhyun had one hand braced on his chest, flicking at his s lazily.

 

“They said no funny business, without protection,” he mumbled, biting down on Jongdae’s shoulder and Jongdae yelped, hands flying up to grasp Baekhyun’s waist.

 

“So you stocked up?” he laughed, wrapping his legs around Baekhyun’s thighs and flipping them over to Baekhyun’s surprise.

 

“Only for you, baby,” Baekhyun purred, stretching up from beneath him to thread fingers into his hair, tugging him down for a kiss, “and this time, we won’t be interrupted.”

 

“That’s your fault by the way,” Jongdae informed him, tugging at the hem of Baekhyun’s shirt. He yanked it up, Baekhyun obediently lifting his arms so that he could get the shirt off, baring his chest and abdomen. “You have too many servants in the house.”

 

He thumbed over Baekhyun’s , catching his wrists in one hand to pin them above his head when Baekhyun whimpered.

 

“, Jongdae!”

 

“I think that’s the idea,” Jongdae replied, grinning when he scraped his nail over Baekhyun’s again, watching Baekhyun throw back his head and moan, his fingers working, flexing in Jongdae’s grip.

 

“Stop that,” Baekhyun gasped when he moved to his other , flicking and toying with it until it was red and pebbly between his fingers. He groaned when he squirmed, trying to get free but Jongdae held firm. “When did you get this strong?”

 

“I lift the feed buckets every day and wrangle difficult horses, Baek. It’s hard not to build some kind of muscle.”

 

As if to prove his point, Jongdae pushed Baekhyun’s wrists down into the pillows, forcing his back to arch and Baekhyun moaned, tilting his head back, fingers flexing helplessly.

 

“That’s so hot,” he gasped, eyes locked onto Jongdae’s biceps, bulging with muscle as he held him down.

 

“You always think I’m hot,” Jongdae muttered and Baekhyun’s cheeks flushed pink when he ducked down to bite at the white column of his throat, leaving purplish bruises in his wake.

 

He could feel Baekhyun’s hardness rubbing against him, his boyfriend squirming when he ground down deliberately just to hear his reaction.

 

“Ah- , Jongdae please!”

 

Jongdae grinned, leaning down to catch Baekhyun’s lips in his, into his mouth under Baekhyun was a begging, mess beneath him.

 

“Keep your hands where they are,” he instructed and Baekhyun moaned at the authority in his voice, pliant when Jongdae got off his thighs, curling his fingers into the waistband of Baekhyun’s sweatpants.

 

He yanked them off in one smooth motion that had Baekhyun bucking, whining when he rubbed the bulge in his boxers teasingly.

 

“Jongdae, please,” Baekhyun panted, jerking when Jongdae thumbed over the head of his , still tucked away inside his boxers.

 

He was doing very well, his hands still positioned above his head, fingers clenching into the pillowcase.

 

“So impatient,” Jongdae clicked his tongue, tugging Baekhyun’s boxers down just low enough for his to spring free, leaking precum onto his stomach.

 

Baekhyun whined, shifting in his place as Jongdae shrugged off his nice button down, undoing the fly of his jeans.

 

“Please touch me,” he begged and Jongdae grinned, shucking off his pants before crawling over, tracing lines along the inside of Baekhyun’s thigh, almost but never quite touching where he needed contact the most.

 

“Jongdae!” Baekhyun’s voice cracked and Jongdae looked up to see his fingers clenched so tightly in the pillowcase that his knuckles had turned white, “stop teasing please! I need you to touch me.”

 

“I am touching you,” Jongdae murmured and Baekhyun’s glare was so heated that he felt it burning. He smacked his hand away when Baekhyun relinquished his position to give himself some relief.

 

“, Jongdae!” Baekhyun whined, high in his throat when Jongdae shoved his hands back into the pillows.

 

“Try that again and I’ll tie you up,” Jongdae threatened and his eyebrows raised when Baekhyun’s twitched at the threat, looking up to see that Baekhyun’s face was flushed. “Oh, you’d like that so much.”

 

“Dae, god. I’m going to explode if you don’t do something,” Baekhyun whined, throwing his head back into the pillows as Jongdae continued to trace little patterns on his thigh, occasionally pressing a wet kiss on the skin.

 

“Brat,” Jongdae muttered but he was smiling as he reached for the lube in the nightstand. Baekhyun had shown him where they were located that very steamy night after the jacuzzi but this was the first time they had any need to use them.

 

He spread Baekhyun’s legs, dripping lube onto his fingers and Baekhyun’s hole.

 

“When was your last time?” Jongdae asked as he traced the rim, Baekhyun gasping and twitching, trying to force himself onto Jongdae’s fingers.

 

“Jacuzzi night,” Baekhyun panted, fingers clenching. “ myself in the shower- ah!”

 

 He was still holding his position as Jongdae pushed his first finger inside and the thought made Jongdae stiffen a little more in his boxers.

 

Baekhyun took instructions so well.

 

“Oh, that’s not too long ago,” Jongdae murmured and Baekhyun’s lashes fluttered, a low moan tearing out of his throat when he sought out his prostate immediately, “were you thinking of me?”

 

“- right there! Yes!” Baekhyun gasped, squirming down onto Jongdae’s finger. He moaned again when Jongdae pushed a second finger into him without much preamble. “Who else would I think about? Lucas?”
 

Jongdae grimaced, prodding Baekhyun’s prostate hard just to hear him shriek, throwing his head back. He clenched around his fingers and Jongdae spread him open with narrowed eyes.

 

“Don’t talk about that bastard when we’re about to have , Baek,” he admonished, pressing a third finger in and Baekhyun moaned, loud and unrestrained.

 

“Your fault,” he gritted out, sounding more wrecked than Jongdae had ever heard him. “He was terrible in bed.”

 

Jongdae twisted his fingers sharply and Baekhyun keened, his hands fluttering to grasp at the sheets, hips jerking into the air as pleasure flooded his body.

 

“I don’t have much to live up to then,” Jongdae said calmly, withdrawing his fingers much to Baekhyun’s displeasure.

 

“You’re already doing much better,” Baekhyun panted, looking down. His pupils were dilated, blown wide with lust as Jongdae pulled off his boxers, palming himself lazily. He rolled a onto himself, grinning when Baekhyun let out a low moan.

 

“I sure hope so,” Jongdae replied, leaning over to kiss him, biting at his bottom lip just to hear him. “Where are your hands?”

 

Baekhyun moaned, lifting his arms up so that Jongdae could circle his hands around his wrists, pressing them into the pillows above him.

 

He lined himself up, reveling in Baekhyun’s heavy breathing as he pushed in slowly, so slowly that Baekhyun was whining, pleading and begging for him to move.

 

“Jongdae- Dae, please,” Baekhyun panted, his hips squirming into the mattress, the sheets scrunching around him, “I want- please.”

 

Jongdae grinned, connecting their lips together as he snapped his hips forward, punching the air out of Baekhyun’s lungs as he set up a rhythm, pulling away to brace his other hand on the mattress.

 

The air was hot and heady, smelling of as he ed into Baekhyun, reducing him into a , writhing mess.

 

The sound of skin slapping against skin resonated in the room, a symphony with Baekhyun’s moans of pleasure, punctuated with Jongdae’s occasional grunts when Baekhyun clenched tight around him, a delicious warm, wet heat.

 

“Ah- ah-, Jongdae, harder!” Baekhyun moaned, eyes squeezing shut when Jongdae leaned down, pressing their lips together. He opened his mouth, allowing Jongdae to into him before moving to press kisses against his jaw, down his throat and on his collarbones.

 

Jongdae clamped his teeth around Baekhyun’s right , tugging it lazily, the corners of his lips curling up when he heard Baekhyun shriek, his wrists working in his grip.

 

“- Jongdae!”

 

“You feel so good,” he murmured against Baekhyun’s skin, mouthing down his chest.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes flew open when he kissed him again, this time softer, his s slowing. He clenched tight and Jongdae moaned, his hips snapping against Baekhyun’s skin so hard that he was sure he would leave bruises.

 

“Dae- I’m gonna-.” Baekhyun choked off on a pitched moan, his body spasming even as Jongdae held him down, using the last of his strength to hard into him.

 

He threw back his head, the tendons in his neck standing out as his balls drew up, a loud moan dragging out of him before he was spilling white all over himself and the nice sheets.

 

Jongdae squeezed his wrists once more, moving to pull out but Baekhyun clenched tight around him, gasping.

 

“Where do you think you’re going?”

 

“Baek, you’re going to be sensitive-.”

 

“You haven’t finished,” Baekhyun rasped. He ground his hips down and Jongdae choked on a moan.

 

“I can jerk-.”

 

“ off,” Baekhyun gasped, clinging to his shoulders, “you’re already close. Just finish inside me.”

 

“Baek-.”

 

“Just do it. I want- I want it.”

 

Jongdae shuddered when he clenched again, fingers digging into the sheets. His hips ed forward, once, twice and then he was , spilling into the .

 

His arms shook as Baekhyun finally allowed him to pull out, turning so that he could collapse onto the bed without crushing Baekhyun.

 

“You’re definitely much better than he was,” Baekhyun mumbled as Jongdae tied off his , dropping it into the trashcan beside the bed. He was covered in spunk and sweat but Jongdae had never seen him so beautiful before.

 

“I’m glad,” Jongdae replied, amused.

 

As much as he did not want to move, he knew it would be very uncomfortable if Baekhyun were to sleep all covered in his bodily fluids.

 

He rolled himself out of bed, much to Baekhyun’s despair and staggered his way into the adjoining bathroom for a warm wet towel to wipe him down.

 

“You’re so sweet,” Baekhyun murmured as he rubbed the towel over his abs, wrinkling his nose as he dabbed at the stains drying into the sheets.

 

“Only to you,” Jongdae said, pressing a kiss against his forehead. He tossed the towel into the laundry bin and crawled back into bed, reaching for the covers that they had thrown aside.

 

Thankfully, those were unstained and he could drag them over both their bodies, Baekhyun cuddling up to snuggle with him.

 

“Can you actually tie me up next time?” Baekhyun asked innocently and Jongdae choked, turning to look at him in shock. “With your belt.”

 

Baekhyun was blinking sleepy eyes at him, his lips curled into a wicked smile.

 

Jongdae groaned, pushing him down.

 

“Don’t try to make me hard again,” he grumbled, though his did twitch a little at the mere thought.

 

“But seriously, though. I’d like it,” Baekhyun mumbled into the skin of his shoulder and Jongdae twisted around to kiss his nose.

 

“I’ll think about it,” he replied, smiling when Baekhyun surged up to give him another kiss, on the lips this time. “But now you have to cuddle me. I’m so sore.”

 

It was a bittersweet day when they both woke up, and late, rushing about to pull on riding boots and breeches because it was their last full day that they could spend with the horses and it would be another two to three weeks before the mare would even be shipped over to the.

 

Jongdae knew he was already going to miss her pretty face peeking over the stall door when he arrived at the stable, going straight into the tack room to fetch her tack.

 

The mare stood quietly as he groomed her, taking his own sweet time. He would have time to groom her again after riding but Jongdae still wanted to savour it, before he had to say goodbye for a month.

 

“What are you doing here? Didn’t you already choose a horse?” Baekhyun’s angry voice floated over to him from the other stall over and Jongdae stiffened.

 

“It’s never a bad thing to try another. Besides, your uncle said I could try this one.” The sound of Lucas’ voice made Jongdae tense, scrubbing a little too hard.

 

The man’s smug face peeked over the half door and Jongdae had to restrain himself from throwing his cloth at him. As If she could sense his annoyance, the mare twisted around, flicking her tail.

 

“I said you could try her but she’s already been sold,” Uncle Dohyun said, coming up to the stall door, his brows knitted. “The money came in this morning.”

 

The weight on Jongdae’s shoulders lifted and he managed a smile, finishing up with his grooming.

 

“You’re such a pretty girl,” he murmured as he smoothed down the saddle pad, setting the saddle onto her back.

 

The mare snorted as he cinched up the girth, flapping her lips at him. She took the bit like a dream and Jongdae could not stop the proud smile from spreading across his face as he led her out under Lucas’ watchful eyes.

 

“Let Jongdae warm her up first,” Uncle Dohyun started but Lucas stepped forward, snatching the reins out of Jongdae’s hands.

 

“No need. I can do it.”

 

Jongdae huffed as he watched Lucas mount the mare, cringing whenever he pulled at too hard.

 

The mare did not seem to like him very much as he walked her out to the arena, Baekhyun following close behind on one of the other horses.

 

“Why are you wearing spurs?” he asked and Jongdae’s heart jolted.

 

“She’s green. She’ll need them,” was Lucas’ reply and he was in the arena before Jongdae could stop him and demand that he take off his spurs.

 

His heart was in his mouth as he stood outside, squeezing his hands into fists as he watched Lucas push her into a trot, his hands tugging back.

 

Confused by the mixed signals, the mare stopped.

 

With narrowed eyes, Lucas pressed his heels into her sides and she shot forward like a rocket, snorting and shaking her mane.

 

“You need to give her more head,” Jongdae said, cringing inside at how tightly he had was holding the mare in.

 

“I don’t take orders from you,” Lucas sneered, driving his heels into the mare’s sides once more, jolting her into a rough canter.

 

“Shut your trap and listen to him, Lucas,” Baekhyun snapped from where he was following behind, “your reins are too short.”

 

Jongdae in a sharp breath when Lucas yanked on the left rein as they went around the corner to turn the horse, the mare getting very visibly worked up.

 

“Stop doing that,” he pleaded, “you’ll wreck .”

 

Lucas looked up, rolling his eyes.

 

“Horses are hardier than that, stableboy. She won’t keel over and die.”

 

He dug his spurs in one more time, pulling back on the reins and the mare slid into a bumpy trot, nothing like the smooth one she always did for Jongdae.

 

“She’s mad now,” Jongdae murmured under his breath, his nails digging crescents into his palm as he watched Lucas take her around the pen, his reins still so short that the mare was tucking her head under in a position that was incredibly uncomfortable to watch.

 

She fought for her head when Lucas kicked her back into a trot, speeding into a canter before he could ask.

 

Jongdae could see what was coming as Lucas approached the bend, his seat shifting from the center of the saddle.

 

With a pterodactyl screech, Lucas was thrown from the saddle as the mare slid to a stop, bucking hard.

 

He had the sense of mind to roll away before she could trample him under his hooves, bucking once and then twice more before trotting away.

 

Jongdae unlatched the gate, running into the pen, his heart in his mouth as the mare came to a halt, her sides heaving, sweat foaming on her coat.

 

“Shh, shh, it’s okay.” He walked up slowly, holding out his hand so that the mare could smell him before he curled his fingers around her bridle, bringing her head down so that he could rubbed her nose. “You’re okay, good girl.”

 

The mare snorted, shaking her mane. She stamped her hooves and twisted, glaring at Lucas, who was being helped off the ground by Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun seemed to be trying to hold in his laughter as he pulled Lucas off the ground, shaking his head.

 

“I told you not wear your spurs,” he said when Lucas turned angry eyes at him.

 

Lucas was so mad that there was practically smoke coming out of his ears as he dusted himself off, snarling.

 

“That horse is meant for the meat factory. She’s a heathen.”

 

Jongdae recoiled, offended as he petted the mare’s nose, trying to calm her.

 

He was more worried about the negative effects of the mare being ridden with spurs so early in her training than he was about Lucas’ angry spluttering. Uncle Dohyun had essentially kicked him out of the ranch, warning him not to bring his spurs back when he heard what had happened.

 

“She’ll be fine.”

 

Thankfully, she let Jongdae mount her, Baekhyun giving him a leg up, not wanting to end the session on a bad note.

 

Jongdae gave her lots of rein, only asking her walk around the pen until she was calm and listening.

 

She moved like a dream after, her paces smooth, almost floating and Jongdae was grinning by the time he dismounted.

 

“You’re such a good girl,” he praised, kissing her nose. The mare snorted, bumping his shoulder.

 

He walked her back to the stables, almost dragging his feet because he did not want the day to end.

 

Baekhyun popped into the stall to help him groom, the both of them taking their own sweet time.

 

“She’ll be a great dressage horse,” Jongdae said, combing out the mare’s mane as she lipped at her hay net. “Her trot is so smooth and she’s so responsive.”

 

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows.

 

“Is that the discipline you want to focus on? I thought you liked showjumping.”

 

Jongdae shrugged.

 

“I’m just saying. I won’t be the one competing on her anyway. But she’ll do nicely as a dressage horse.”

 

“She is really beautiful, isn’t she?” Baekhyun commented from where he was curry combing the mare’s back.  “Junmyeon hyung agreed when I sent him a photo.”

 

“Is he cheating on Stormdancer?” Jongdae mock gasped, laughing when Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

 

“The two of you and Stormdancer, I swear to god.”

 

“He’s a beautiful horse, Baek,” Jongdae said as he moved on the brushing out the mare’s underbelly. She wiggled when he did, her tail swishing back and forth.

 

“More beautiful than I am?” Baekhyun grinned.

 

Jongdae pretended to throw his brush at him, laughing as he along the mare’s shoulder.

 

“Maybe,” he muttered, grinning at the indignant yelp that Baekhyun let out.

 

Jongdae lingered in the mare’s stall after they were done grooming, pressing kisses on her muzzle while Baekhyun went to return the equipment, giving Jongdae his time with the horse.

 

“I’m gonna miss you, baby,” he murmured when the mare snuffled at him, chewing his shirt absently.

 

“Ready to go?” Baekhyun popped his head over the stall door, smiling at him and Jongdae had to scratch the mare’s ear, hugging her neck.

 

“You’ll see her again, Dae,” Baekhyun said but he did not rush him, allowing him to take his time saying goodbye.

 

He nuzzled against Jongdae as the chauffeur brought the car around, scooting inside to curl up against him when the door was closed.

 

“It’ll be a month,” Jongdae said, pulling out his phone to mark down the date that Uncle Dohyun said she would most likely arrive.

 

It definitely was not a fixed date, depending on how well the mare progressed but he promised that the papers would definitely be sent out within a week just for Jongdae’s peace of mind that the mare was definitely going to them.

 

Uncle Dohyun told them that he had half a mind not to sell the stallion that Lucas had picked out if he kept up with the spurs and the bad hands.

 

Thankfully he did not do any lasting damage to the mare. She was very easily calmed by Jongdae’s presence. They would continue to work with her when Baekhyun and Jongdae went home so that she would be completely broken in by the time she was sent over to them.

 

“I know,” Baekhyun murmured, leaning up against him. His phone was buzzing incessantly but he ignored it in favour of curling up against Jongdae and burying his face into his neck.

 

The sky was a lovely blue when they returned to the house and all Jongdae wanted to do was lounge around at the beach and have a picnic which Baekhyun agreed to heartily.

 

“Help me,” he grinned, holding up a tube of sunblock to Jongdae’s face as Jongdae was spreading out their blanket.

 

They had an umbrella sticking out of the sand, just to keep out most of the sun and their basket sitting on one edge of the blanket to keep it weighted down while Jongdae filled the pockets of the other three corners with sand to keep them down.

 

“Brat,” Jongdae replied, dusting his hands off before climbing onto the blanket. He tugged off his shirt, enjoying the way Baekhyun’s eyes trailed over his body before the tube of sunscreen was shoved into his hands and he had a lapful of Baekhyun.

 

“You really are a brat,” Jongdae commented as he squeezed a blob of sunscreen onto Baekhyun’s back.

 

Baekhyun wiggled and stuck out his tongue, hands braced on top of the blanket.

 

“Spank me,” he joked, pushing his into the air and Jongdae brought a hand down, laughing when Baekhyun jerked forward at the impact, eyes wide.

 

“You’re such a sadist, Kim Jongdae,” he muttered, cheeks pink when Jongdae cupped his , squeezing one of the round globes playfully.

 

“And you’re a tease,” Jongdae shot back, massaging Baekhyun’s as he rubbed sunscreen all over his boyfriend’s back, lingering a little too long around Baekhyun’s neck just to watch him squirm.

 

“You like it,” Baekhyun replied, twisting around so that he was facing Jongdae.

 

“I do and it looks like you do too,” Jongdae said, blatantly groping Baekhyun’s crotch. He grinned.

 

Baekhyun was already stirring, at half mast as if the spanking had aroused him a lot more than he had let on and it was hilarious to watch him squirm with red cheeks, trying to pretend that he was completely fine.

 

“Such a masochist, Baekhyunnie,”Jongdae cooed, ducking back when Baekhyun tried to swat him, hands flying up to hide his face.

 

“You’re a jerk,” Baekhyun grumbled, hiding his face in his hands. He squirmed out of Jongdae’s lap and began putting sunblock on the rest of his body, making sure to slide his hands along his muscular thighs with a pointed look.

 

Jongdae laughed at him, rolling over to pop open the cooler and pull out a cold beer.

 

It was the best weather for a picnic, the sun out shining and a soft breeze ruffling through the air. The water was not freezing when he walked down to the edge, dipping his toes into the sea and it was all very relaxing, standing in the surf with his cold beer in hand.

 

Baekhyun crawled out from under the shade to join him a while later, a sandwich in hand. He held up a slice of cucumber to Jongdae’s lips and Jongdae bit down without looking to see what it was.

 

“Why’d you take a cucumber sandwich if you hate cucumbers?” he asked, turning to look at Baekhyun with an amused smile.

 

“Well, I didn’t know it was cucumber,” Baekhyun sulked, drawing a laugh from Jongdae as he polished off the rest of the cucumberless sandwich.

 

“I think there’s some tuna in there.”

 

Jongdae let Baekhyun drag him back to the blanket, plopping him down so that he could spread sunscreen all over his back.

 

“You’ll burn if you don’t put this on,” he chided.

 

Jongdae just closed his eyes, enjoying the free massage as Baekhyun worked his way down his back and eventually, down the backs of his thighs.

 

“ert.” He opened his eyes when he felt something brush against his crotch, Baekhyun quickly pulling away with a faux innocent look on his face.

 

“I didn’t do anything,” his boyfriend said and Jongdae rolled his eyes, putting an arm over his eyes. Maybe he could take a quick nap.

 

No such thing.

 

Itchy fingers curled around the bulge in his pants and he yelped, eyes flying open to glare at a grinning Baekhyun.

 

“Are you perpetually , Baek?” he asked, nudging Baekhyun’s hand away from his groin region. “No, we are not doing it on a public beach.”

 

“It’s not really public…” Baekhyun sat down next to him, batting his lashes and Jongdae shook his head, bumping his shoulder roughly before reaching for his beer.

 

He lifted it up to his lips and frowned.

 

“Did you drink all my beer?”

 

Baekhyun shrugged, his eyes widening.

 

“Maybe?”

 

Jongdae sighed, setting the can back into the sand.

 

“Really, Baekhyun. How old are you?” He reached back into the cooler, pulling out another can and Baekhyun scooted closer, lips pursed into a pout.

 

“I want some.”

 

“You could get your own,” Jongdae said, raising his eyebrows. He held firm for one beat, two beats and then Baekhyun caved, stretching over him to grab his own can.

 

“Yah, Jongdae!” Jongdae burst out laughing, wheezing when Baekhyun collapsed onto him, his beer can rolling off the blanket and onto the sand as he clutched at his stomach.

 

“I hate you,” Baekhyun scowled, sitting on Jongdae’s stomach. Jongdae wheezed, shoving at him with one arm.

 

“You’re crushing me,” he groaned, pushing at Baekhyun to no avail. “Somebody help! I’m being murdered.”

 

Baekhyun laughed, a bright clear sound that had Jongdae’s heart flipping, bending to press their lips together.

 

“I love you,” Baekhyun said seriously.

 

Jongdae froze, his body stiffening. Baekhyun’s eyes went wide and he covered his mouth as if he could not believe what he had just said.

 

“You don’t have to say it back!” he said quickly, crawling off Jongdae’s body to sit beside him. Jongdae rotated his head to look at him as he bumbled over his words.

 

“I just really. I’ve wanted to say it for a while now. I did say it actually, um, the day I asked you to come here with me? I didn’t know if you heard but-. I know it’s only been a really short amount of time that we’ve been dating and I don’t want to force you into anything. But I really, really-.”

 

Baekhyun was rambling now, his eyes darting from Jongdae’s face to the blanket. Jongdae lifted his hand and pressed a finger against Baekhyun’s lips.

 

“Shh,” he said and Baekhyun fell silent, eyes wide. He was twisting his hands nervously, fretting and his cheeks were endearingly red. “Breathe.”

 

Baekhyun stared at him with wide eyes, chewing his lip as he fiddled with his hands, scrunching the blanket up as if to give himself something to do.

 

“I love you too,” Jongdae said softly, trailing his hand along Baekhyun’s jaw, leaning forward. “I thought it was too soon before this holiday but I think- I think I fell in love here. You’re so thoughtful and sweet and so unlike all the stereotypes that I thought you would become. I’m so glad I came here with you, Baek.”

 

It was adorable how Baekhyun’s entire body relaxed and he met him halfway, pressing their lips together in a tender kiss.

 

Jongdae was telling the truth. He was so happy that he had agreed to go on the vacation. They had faced down Baekhyun’s ex together, he had survived a fancy party even after getting wine thrown all over him and best of all, he had gotten to know Baekhyun a little more, outside of the stables.

 

Their relationship had grown and evolved in the best possible way and it could only go up from there.