viii

partition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Hey guys, I'm sorry for the lack of updates. I've just been really busy with my assignments for uni, and I kind of got hit with a massive writer's block.

For those that reads I'll Never Love, my other on going story, I also apologise for not updating that one. I just think it's easier for me to write Partition because it's much shorter and less angsty to write. But hopefully I can update I'll Never Love soon. Thank you for your understanding, thank you for reading and also for leaving such lovely comments. I'm so happy you guys enjoy my stories.

With everything that's going on, I hope all of you stay safe and stay healthy, and know that we're gonna get through this together :)) 

Onto the story!!

 

Chaeyeon was never really a morning person, by any means, but waking up this morning was more challenging than usual. She didn’t have to think hard on it to know why. Not when last night had been an absolute disaster—on her part.

 

In all her life, Chaeyeon has never had to think about who she liked. Not even petty crushes. Because when she was young, she wasn’t interested: Chaeyeon had been too busy with going on dance competitions, auditioning to be an idol, and then training to be an idol. Then by the time she was in her late adolescence, she was a busy idol who started dating her best friend, and Chaeyeon was loyal to a fault, her eyes never wandered.

 

For the first time in her life, Chaeyeon is finally experiencing butterflies in her stomach, all the insistent thoughts that came at any time of the day to distract her, and her heart racing so quickly Chaeyeon thinks she might just collapse.

 

And it just had to be two people making her feel this way at the same time? Chaeyeon would call herself unlucky if she weren’t at least a teensy bit excited for this new experience, this new feeling of rush that didn’t just come from being on stage. Last night, talking to Eunbi, her butterflies were almost too loud, too hard to bear that she almost revealed her secret. The worst part is, what Chaeyeon regretted wasn’t that she almost told her secret. It’s that she didn’t.

 

But at least for now, Chaeyeon had to focus on something else. Like filming their dance practice.

 

Although, having her other distraction standing just in the corner of their practice room wasn’t exactly helpful. Trainer Kwon had dropped by the company and the girls immediately invited her to watch. No one really knew why the choreographer was present, but none complained. The members were more taken by Trainer Kwon than Chaeyeon herself, if that was even possible.

 

The choreographer was leaning on one leg, with her arms crossed, and her eyes with such intensity while studying the girls. And Chaeyeon has to admit, Trainer Kwon was looking better than she ever has and that it was hard for Chaeyeon to focus on her task at hand. (Chaeyeon had almost tripped over her own foot when she caught Trainer Kwon’s eyes on her one time).

 

“Cut!” Hyewon said, clapping her hands together like a slate. The manager stops the video and calls the girls over to monitor their dance practice. All the girls, including Trainer Kwon, gathered around the laptop and silently watched the video. “What do you guys think?” Hyewon looks around to the girls, then, “Trainer Kwon?”

 

“It was good,” Trainer Kwon replies curtly.

 

The girls nodded and hummed in approval, though they didn’t answer with words, which confused the manager greatly.

 

“What?” Hyewon asks.

 

It was Chaeyeon who answered on behalf of her members. “We could do better.”

 

“Yeah, it wasn’t strong enough,” Yena added.

 

“You guys want to do another take?”

 

Chaeyeon looks at her members. They all looked incredibly tired. Of course they were, they had shot the dance practice for four times already, and that’s not counting the ones they didn’t complete from start to finish. Then, Chaeyeon’s eyes finally landed on Trainer Kwon. The trainer had been silent all throughout the filming, letting the girls judge their choreography for themselves, only commenting when they did something really badly, which they rarely did. All Chaeyeon wanted to do was make Trainer Kwon proud of them, to do her choreography justice, to do it perfectly.

 

“One more time?” Chaeyeon addresses her members.

 

Turns out the strive for perfection wasn’t only Chaeyeon’s concern, but her members all nodded and started g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter