v

partition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Two weeks later and the choreography is finally perfect.

 

At least, that’s what the girls gathered from seeing Trainer Kwon’s smile after they finished performing the whole song in front of the dance teacher.

 

The girls had stayed still on their ending poses, trying to not pant so much while waiting for another comment to fix a move or position that ultimately would lead them to run the whole routine again. They were overjoyed when nothing of the sort came. Instead, Trainer Kwon clapped her hands and smiled widely. Even Chaeyeon has to admit, seeing that smile alone was more satisfying than any compliment she’s ever heard from other trainers. 

 

Afterwards, Chaeyeon was even more surprised when Trainer Kwon bowed at them to apologize, “I know I can be tough––and blunt.” Chaeyeon had shared a brief look with the trainer. “But you girls did really well, you followed every instruction, and worked very hard. I’m glad I got the chance to work together with you girls.”

 

The girls cheered in reply, and clapped loudly too. Though when the trainer says this might be the last time they would see her, everyone fell silent. Working with the trainer for a little over two weeks, non-stop, made them understand their teacher’s strict ways, even grew appreciative of it. “But I don't know what the future holds. Who knows? Maybe we’ll see each other again,” Trainer Kwon concludes.

 

+++

 

As usual, Chaeyeon chose to stay behind to work on the choreography some more. She glances at the clock. It was 2 am––which means Chaeyeon could squeeze in another hour of practice before she really needed to sleep. She watched as everyone walked out the room, only bothering to give them a wave, knowing that Chaeyeon will see her members tomorrow.

 

So it took Chaeyeon completely by surprise when a voice spoke to her, when she thought she was already alone. “Not going home yet?”

 

Chaeyeon looks back only to see Trainer Kwon, her bag in hand but making no move to leave. “I have to practice some more,” she answers.

 

Trainer Kwon scrunches her eyebrows together and tilts her head to the side.

 

“I’m the leader,” Chaeyeon states, as if it were an answer to why she had to stay back. Seeing the still confused look on the trainer’s face, Chaeyeon explains, “I need to memorize everyone’s positions on top of my own.”

 

A look of understanding crossed the trainer’s face, but still she said, “You shouldn’t push yourself too much. Take a break and come back tomorrow. You did really well today––you all did.”

 

“I don’t think I can, Trainer Kwon,” Chaeyeon answers honestly.

 

At first it seemed like the trainer was about to protest, but then she surprised Chaeyeon by saying, “You don’t have to call me that anymore, you know.”

 

“Should I call you unnie then?” Chaeyeon jokes.

 

The trainer made a face. “What makes you think I’m older?” Chaeyeon only giggled, a bit scared to answer, even though Chaeyeon was correct in her assumption. The older woman rolls her eyes before dropping her bag unceremoniously on the table at the back of the room. She walks into the center of the room and says to Chaeyeon, “C’mon. From the top.”

 

Chaeyeon was confused. “What are you doing?”

 

“I need to make sure you don’t butcher my choreo.” Trainer Kwon winks at Chaeyeon.

 

Chaeyeon only laughs and gets into position right beside the trainer. 

 

They danced together.

 

Though, that had almost seemed like an understatement. When people say someone was dancing circles around the other, it usually meant something bad. But as the two women really danced circles around each other––together, in synchronised steps, the phrase really loses its unflattering meaning.

 

Chaeyeon doesn’t think she’s ever met anyone with the same passion for dance, and performed a routine as if it were their last. Suffice to say Chaeyeon was entranced. And that made their duet all the more intense. It didn’t help with the fact that Trainer Kwon had taken Yena’s position, which had the most parts that requires having to caress against Chaeyeon’s thighs, up and down her back, and then some.

 

With the other girls, Chaeyeon would have been unfazed. But when Trainer Kwon had done it, she burned Chaeyeon with each touch.

 

And when they had completed the song, Chaeyeon hopes it wasn’t just her imagination that their locked gaze through the mirror lingered for a second too long. While still frozen in close proximity of the ending pose, Chaeyeon doesn’t think she has the ability to speak or move at the moment.

 

The trainer had been the first one to react and break their gaze. She walks over to stop the music and then to grab her bag. All the while Chaeyeon could only watch. Trainer Kwon walks closer to Chaeyeon and rests her hand atop her shoulder. “You’re perfect. Now go home.” 

 

Glancing at herself through the mirror, Chaeyeon wasn’t sure if the rosy tint on her cheeks was because of the exhaustion or if she really was blushing.

 

Seeing the trainer making her way towards the door, Chaeyeon doesn’t know what possessed her to call out, “Trainer Kwon?” When said woman looks back, Chaeyeon thinks she’s really lost her mind for what she’s about to say next. “Would you like to come to the music video filming? It’s next week––and I know you don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter