x

partition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Here it is, the long overdue epilogue folks. I'm so sorry for making yall wait.

Hope you like it :))

 

Their first date happened a week after confessing to each other. They knew how cliche they were to have said date on their balcony. But they didn’t mind it.

 

Eunbi was supposed to cook for them at Chaeyeon’s place, but there was a problem with that plan.

 

“There is literally nothing in your fridge,” Eunbi comments as Chaeyeon walks out of the bathroom after a quick shower, her hair still wet and wearing only a large hoodie that reached below her thighs.

 

Eunbi has to shake herself from getting too distracted by how cute Chaeyeon looks.

 

Chaeyeon scrunches her eyebrows, not quite believing her neighbor. The idol walks over to the fridge to check for herself, and finds it empty to her surprise. She shrugs. “I guess I've been too busy lately and forgot to get groceries,” says Chaeyeon nonchalantly, plopping down next to Eunbi on the sofa, leaving absolutely no space between them.

 

“Then what do you eat?”

 

“I usually have dumplings, or...” Chaeyeon suddenly jumped up, suddenly remembering, “...ramyeon! I might still have some.” She proceeds to open the cupboards in search of it.

 

Eunbi chuckles, quickly joining the idol in the kitchen. Before Chaeyeon could find something edible, yet again unhealthy, Eunbi had already grabbed hold of her hands and pulled Chaeyeon close so that their faces were only mere inches apart. “I have a better idea. Why don’t we go to my apartment instead?”

 

Unlike Chaeyeon, Eunbi keeps her fridge fully stocked, and she wanted this date to be special. And what was more special than a home cooked meal?

 

Once they moved to the apartment next door and Eunbi wasted no time before getting to work in her kitchen. Chaeyeon offered to help, of course, but Eunbi just waved her off. Not that Chaeyeon minded; she was completely exhausted from the day of practicing she just had and needed all the rest she can get. It also worked to her advantage to just watch Eunbi cook, a warmth completely taking over her body from the feeling of domesticity.

 

“I hope you like kimchi fried rice, because that’s my specialty.”

 

Chaeyeon smiles dreamily, still distracted by the picture of domestic life in her head. “I’m sure I’d like anything that you cook, babe.”

 

“I’m already your girlfriend, you don’t have to try so hard sweet talking me.” Eunbi rolls her eyes, but the unmistakable shade of blush formed on her cheeks.

 

Chaeyeon stills in attention. “What?”

 

“I said you don’t have to try so hard.”

 

Chaeyeon came up behind Eunbi to put her arms around the latter’s petite waist securely, her hands meeting at the front. Their height difference made it incredibly easy for Chaeyeon to lean her head on Eunbi’s shoulder. “Before that,” she says, smiling widely.

 

“What? You mean… the girlfriend part?” Eunbi teases.

 

Chaeyeon nods enthusiastically. “Yes, the girlfriend part.” Chaeyeon had to bite her lip to stop her smile from getting any wider. Even then, it didn’t exactly work. After a week of “dating”, she was incredibly giddy at the first mention of them being girlfriends.

 

Eunbi turns around in Chaeyeon’s arms so they could face each other. “Well, aren’t you?”

 

“If you want me to be.”

 

Eunbi steals a quick kiss from Chaeyeon’s lips. “Is that even a question?”

 

Chaeyeon was the one to kiss Eunbi this time.

 

And it was much longer than a small peck.

 

++

 

In true cliche-ness, they were on the balcony when Chaeyeon realized it for the first time.

 

Eunbi was playing the guitar. The night sky and the city lights perfectly framed the choreographer’s face as she focused on her strumming. Chaeyeon was completely mesmerized by the sight. Eunbi was overwhelmingly beautiful, so much so that Chaeyeon wants to keep this image in her mind forever. Chaeyeon settles for taking a picture instead.

 

The resounding shutter of the camera pulled Eunbi out of her trance, her fingers froze mid-song and she turned her head to scowl at Chaeyeon for interrupting her. That scowl––which was both scary and incredibly cute. Chaeyeon was sold. “I love you."

 

There was shock on Eunbi’s face before it broke into a wide smile. “I love you too.”

 

Chaeyeon feels herself surging forward, meeting Eunbi somewhere in the middle for an urgent kiss, the both of them not caring about the guitar between them or how it clattered to the balcony floor. She could only care about being close to her girlfriend who she loves very much.

 

When they finally parted, Chaeyeon picked up Eunbi’s guitar with a shy look, promising to buy her a new one because of the dent left after its fall. “You better,” Eunbi says jokingly. She was about to sit back down to test out her guitar when she caught a glimpse of the time on Chaeyeon’s phone, seeing how late it was getting. “You should go to sleep,” she orders rather than suggest to her girlfriend.

 

“Are you sick of me already?” Chaeyeon pouts.

 

“I just told you that I love you, dork.” Eunbi chuckles to herself before draggin Chaeyeon by the arm to go back inside the apartment. “C’mon. You have a dance practice tomorrow and you’re gonna drop dead halfway if you don't sleep now.”

 

Eunbi looks back to see Chaeyeon mop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter