Four

Back To You || Chaennie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her hands travel down the sides of my body before gripping onto my waist. She holds onto me tightly while my arms wrap around her neck, pulling her closer.

 

We missed each other so much that we can’t get enough of the kiss.

 

The way her lips gently on mine and the way her tongue fights for dominance, which I gladly allow. We are so into the kiss that we don’t care that someone may see us. 

 

 

Suddenly my body freezes and it takes me a few seconds to realize what is actually happening, and when I do, I push her away.

"Don't, Rosie," I close my eyes and shake my head. "Please don't do this."

 

"I still love you, Jen," she whispers.

 

I finally open my eyes and see all of the hurt and confusion swimming in hers.

Everything that I've worked so hard to build for myself, all of the walls and the rational thoughts, seem to be thrown out the window at her confession. I don't even know how to respond. I still love her, I do, but after everything we've been through, I don't know if we can even begin to fix it.

 

"Rosie," I don't even know where to start. My mouth opens and closes before I can get anything else out. "We both live separate lives now. We're constantly all over the world. And with everything we've been through..." I trail off.

 

"So you don't even want to try?" she asks with hopelessness in her voice.

 

"Do you?" I turn the question back around because at this point, I'm not sure of my answer.

 

"I'd do anything to have you back in my life, even if that means just as friends," she responds, her eyes searching mine for some kind of assurance that things could be okay between us.

 

"Why? Why now? Why all of a sudden do you want whatever this is? You've been completely fine without me and –"

 

"I haven't been, Jennie. Don't you realize that now? I've never been fine without you. I went straight into my solo career becaus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter