Epilogue

Back To You || Chaennie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1 year later

 

"You're home early," Rosie murmured as arms wrapped around her from behind, a cheek pressing lightly into her shoulder. 

The person in question just hummed in reply, pressing her body against Rosie’s.

 

Setting down the coffee cup she had been previously preparing, wandering hands wrapped around the ones secured around her abdomen, squeezing gently, "You alright, baby?"

 

A nod into her back preceded a muffled, "Missed you."

 

Rosie chuckled at her girlfriend's behaviour, loosening the grip on her waist to turn in Jennie’s arms, "I missed you too."

 

Jennie smiled at her with half-lidded eyes, portraying her exhaustion, “Did you stay home all day?"

 

The younger nodded, "Filled out some finalizing paperwork and made some kimchi. Also, I cleaned out the hall closet and found some old pictures you might want to look at."

 

"Ah, reliving our glory days through photographs?" Jennie laughed, "Onto the paperwork though, you've had no issues?"

 

"No," Rosie replied as she wrapped her arms loosely around the shorter woman's neck, "As soon as I get these forms in and processed, the keys to the studio are ours."

 

Jennie grinned, "Really?"

 

"Yes, baby," Rosie mirrored her excitement, "The realtor said our references and history were impeccable and since the original owners left most of their equipment, we really only need to renovate our offices and the sound system."

 

Since the disbandment of Blackpink their lives were still full of the excitement of the music industry, but had calmed down considerably. 

 

The proposition to open a co-owned recording studio came from Rosie in the late hours of the night, whispered in between kisses pressed to cheeks and bare shoulders. Jennie didn't know how serious her girlfriend was at the time, but she quickly realized that this project was something the younger really wanted to do. She had already found a studio for sale in Seoul and a few people who she knew would agree to work for them. It was utterly endearing, to see Rosie so excited, but Jennie took some time to persuade. She wasn't sure if this was a good idea; she didn't want them to end up losing money and resources if this plan backfired. 

 

She did agree eventually though, coerced by the prospect of being her own boss. Maybe Rosie helped persuade her with a few extra kisses and a little pouting, but Jennie swore that had no impact on her decision. 

 

They had placed the highest offer on the studio and set some money aside for renovations if they were needed. Both had gotten the proper business certifications and were confident in their leadership abilities. Jennie, despite her previous apprehension, was excited to have her own recording studio, her and Rosie’s.

 

“This is real then?" Jennie murmured, "Our own studio?"

 

"Mhm, it's very real." Rosie grinned as she pressed a kiss to Jennie’s cheek, "This is good, Jen. This is new and scary but I really think it's a good step for us."

 

Jennie returned her smile, "I know. Despite my previous worries, I am really excited."

 

"Good," the younger stole a small kiss from her lips before pulling away, "I'm happy."

 

Jennie hummed, "And I'm happy you're happy."

 

Rosie sighed contently, wiggling from her girlfriend's grasp to grab her forgotten coffee cup. She took Jennie’s hand, lacing their fingers together, "Come sit with me?"

 

Jennie smiled and let herself be led to the living room. They settled down on the couch together, cuddled close despite the large amount of space left to Jennie’s right. Kuma jumped up to occupy that space, promptly sprawling out and falling asleep. Jennie laughed at her dog’s behaviour, reaching over to pet him gently.

 

The couple sat in comfortable silence for a while, attention drawn to the movie playing on TV. Well, Jennie was watching it anyway; Rosie was clearly preoccupied. She had tugged Jennie against her body, holding her with a protective arm around her waist. Her girlfriend didn't question it, nor did she question the way Rosie was staring at her pensively. Not until she leaned over to grab the remote, pausing the movie before speaking.

 

“Jen?”

 

"Yeah baby?"

 

Rosie’s  mood had changed quickly, her apprehension clear in the way she wouldn't meet her eyes, "I wanted to talk to you about something but... you have to promise you'll listen and not get mad or anything."

 

"Chaeng-ah," Jennie turned a little so she could face Rosie better, "What is it?"

 

"I... um, I was wondering..." Rosie looked at her sheepishly as she tried to find the right way to say it, "If you would be okay with the idea of coming out."

 

"What?"

 

"I want to come out, Jennie," Rosie explained slowly, "We've been together for almost 10 years now and we have been through a lot... our families know, the girls know, the YG staff knew. We're not in Blackpink anymore, we don't have a reputation to uphold like that and I don't want to hide anymore." 

 

Jennie sighed, "Rosie..."

 

"I know, I know it's a big risk. I just... I love you a lot and I am tired of hiding it and I hate pretending we're still just best friends."

 

Jennie scoffed and answered teasingly, "Oh, do you not want to be my best friend?"

 

"Jen," Rosie whined, "Of course I do. The point is you're my best friend and my girlfriend. I don't like hiding that."

 

"Rosie, I understand," Jennie said softly, "But there's so much risk... it's still not the most accepted thing around here. You want to open our studio so badly and coming out now could change that opportunity in a heartbeat."

 

"Would it?"

 

"It might," Jennienodded, "We could lose supporters and customers."

 

"Do we really want to be working with people who don't accept us anyway?"

 

"Rosie," Jennie sighed, "You have to be real

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter