i'll be your naughty girl

she keeps me warm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

i'll be your naughty girl

seungwan thinks joohyun is too much of a prude to be able to beat her in a dance-off

(dancer-AU)

 

 

***

 

 

Chungha should have seen this coming.

She really should have.

What kind of results did she think she was going to get when she had left two overgrown restless toddlers unattended?

There isn’t anyone else to blame but herself for this.

“As you guys know.” She begins. The university’s dance team leader stands before her members in a rare stance exuding a hint of minor distress. It’s quite obvious she’s trying her hardest to placate her worries for everyone’s sake, but the wrinkles inhabiting on her forehead say otherwise. “A certain leapfrog incident has caused an injury to our fellow member,” she combs through her partially damp hair then glances at Seulgi to her left, who guiltily directs the leader a crooked smile displaying her missing front tooth and bruised chin.

The sight of the injured member extracts a defeated sigh from Chungha.

Seulgi’s chipped tooth isn’t an issue. It’s not like their audience will be playing dentist, paying extra attention to the completeness of Seulgi’s teeth during the fall opening ceremony. If it bothers her so much, she could just cover it up with a facemask. Problem solved. The status of her facial structure isn’t relevant in showcasing the girl’s dancing skills anyhow. But no, Chungha’s issue here lies in the cast securely bandaged around her second-in-command’s twisted ankle, the whole incident perpetuated by the other person standing beside the unhappy leader.

Lisa doesn’t even have the guts to look at Chunga straight in the eye, favoring to watch the ceiling in faux wonderment with her lips pressed together in a thin line. She had promised Chungha that they would behave, but this outcome has taught the older girl that being gone for a measly fifteen minutes will reward her with a bloody Seulgi curling on the floor and a panicky Lisa wiping the red from her friend’s face.

Experience is the best teacher they say.

How those two dolts went from practicing their routine to having an extreme version of leapfrog is beyond Chungha’s understanding. Seulgi being the oldest among the three would have given her a bigger sense of responsibility, an inaccurate judgment on Chungha’s part. That day would definitely be the last time she’s leaving them to their own devices.

Chungha sighs again, regarding the rest of the team. “It is with great regret that Seulgi will not be dancing with Lisa and I for this weekend’s performance.” The announcement isn’t news to them since Seulgi’s injury travelled fast through the grapevine yesterday. That and Seulgi’s busted lip plus the pair of crutches wedged underneath her armpits are displayed for everyone to see.

Seulgi pouts and mumbles breathily, “Tho thowwy guyth…”

Everyone becomes quiet, knowing how inappropriate it would be to laugh within this serious scenario, but Lisa, being Lisa, has her shoulders shaking in place and hair barricading her features as she bows her head to restrain herself from laughing, subsequently releasing a stilted snort which echoes throughout the room. This creates a domino effect by affecting almost every other person to be infected by a fit of giggles.

Chungha could hardly straighten up her poise, biting the insides of her cheeks in desperation to retrieve her composure. In seconds, the hilarity vanishes and she clears , reverting to her strict leader mode and continues. “As I was saying, Seulgi cannot perform the next weekend, which is why I’m holding this impromptu audition to fill her spot. To make things quick, I’ll be choosing two random people at a time to dance to the same song. Once everyone is finished, that’s when I’ll be making my decision. Understood?” They all nod. Chungha motions for Seulgi and Lisa to ready their music, while she takes out a bowl carrying the members’ names she had written down earlier.

Murmurs erupt among the members, relishing at the chance they could be dancing alongside a powerhouse like Chungha and Lisa. Team dances are one thing, but to be able to perform with them for a school performance is an opportunity. The university dance club comprises of students who take dancing as a profession (the Seul-Chung-Li trio), and those who take it as an afterschool hobby (people who are not in the Seul-Chung-Li trio). Other dance majors don’t apply for clubs at all. With this open to everyone, it would be a heck of a bragging right to win the spot.

Chunga, their instructor’s handpicked leader, is tasked to appoint a worthy colleague to join her and Lisa. She plucks out a piece of paper, silencing everyone’s chatter, and reads it aloud.

“Son Seungwan.”

Seungwan snaps her head to their leader as her name is called.

She has been daydreaming randomly for a while, specifically about the versatility of lettuce, and her name reverberating within the room startled her for a bit. Her surrounding peers are showering her with unabashed words of encouragement, including a silly double thumbs up from Seulgi, her roommate. She shakes her head fondly at them, appreciative of their support. She wonders who her opponent could be.

So Seungwan has been told that she’s an excellent dancer, but it’s nowhere near the three dance majors’ expertise. In all honesty, she would be ecstatic to land the part, although she is far from thrilled about her roommate’s injury. It’s been a whirlwind decoding what Seulgi is saying half the time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter