Prologue

You're cursed: Now what?

Sehun likes to think that all started with an angry highschool girl and a bored highschool boy.

- You are a sad person, Oh Sehun. - Snarled the beautiful girl, pointing her shaky finger into said boy’s face. - Happiness is not for people like you. Because of that, I will give you this curse: From now on, you will lose everything that makes him happy gradually, until all happiness left your life.

Sehun had rolled his eyes annoyed while watching her storm out of the empty classroom because really? A curse? Does she really need to be that dramatic?

He concluded that he really had dodged a good one if she was this level of annoying after only three months dating.

 

 

But, if Sehun was honest with himself, it all really started with an excited highschool girl and a bored highschool boy.

Lalisa, the most popular girl in the school, had asked him, the most popular guy in the school, to date her. He had said yes because:

  1. He was tired to hear all those girls’ weepy confessions every week.
  2. His friends had been nagging nonstop about why he always rejected all those cute and pretty girls.
  3. Lalisa was popular, so his status as school royalty was safe if she became his girlfriend.
  4. He was kind of bored, been a boyfriend didn’t sound that bad and had the potential to be something interesting to do with his free time.   

Of course, he had been absolutely wrong in almost everything. Yes, the girls stopped bothering him after school and his friends were in awe with his stunning girlfriend. Yes, the girl was cute and gave him delicious food for lunch. Yes, she was smarter than he thought at first and wasn’t a bad company most of the times. However, she also demanded a lot of his time, talked nonstop about stuff he didn’t care and, worst of all, she wanted him to engage in the conversation.

He had been listening to her! True, he usually was thinking about which Netflix show he was going to watch at home but still, he hadn’t his earphones on right? He saw her at school during lunchtime with their friends and do some small talk when they cross paths in the school hallways. What else what she wanted from him? Movie-dates every weekend? Responses to all her texts? Some of his chocolate bubble tea? Like hell missy!

That’s how they ended in that empty classroom were Lalisa reticently confessed her unsatisfaction with their relationship, and he had replied with a very relief:  

- You know what? It looks like this relationship has been as stressful to you as it has been for me and I’m glad we are finally bringing this to the table. – Had confessed Sehun too, covering his eyes with his hand pitifully. – Having to face all those girls every week is absolutely less tiresome than this, so I guess I’m breaking up with you. See? Now we can go on our merry ways happily. See you around I guess, Lalisa.

For reasons still unclear to Sehun, Lalisa hadn’t been happy with his logical approach to the solution of the matter. More accurately, she had been furious. So furious, that she had cursed him.

In the beginning, Sehun hadn’t believed in any of the ridiculous words of his even more ridiculous ex-girlfriend. He had plenty of experience with crazy girls swearing at him when he tossed them away after a particularly cheesy or whimper confession. Can’t they at least be a little bit more original? Put a little bit of effort in their unappealing confessions?

Anyway, Sehun hadn’t believed her because she should have to be some kind of witch or sorcerer for that curse to be real. And everybody knows that witches aren’t real, right? Wrong. So absolutely very wrong. As wrong as Sehun crying over a tub of melted cookies and cream ice cream. An ice cream that tasted like wet dirt.

It all started with small things. So small and inconsequential things that Sehun didn’t notice them at first. His favourite lunchbox being always sold out before he can grab one, a mediocre note over an essay he had felt particularly proud of, his favourite Netflix show ending in a thrilling cliffhanger and not having a second season, all his friends getting a boyfriend or girlfriend and spending less and less time with him (the only single guy in the group) until one day, Sehun dug into the expensive ice cream his mother bought especially for him and it tasted like wet dirt.

It all felt over him like a million ton of, well, dirt.

He had been cursed. The curse was real.

The witch of his ex-girlfriend had cursed him, promising to all happiness from his life. What was going to be next?

Miss the bus on a rainy day and walk to the school with wet socks?

Not being admitted to the university he has been working so hard to get into, in a few years?

Vivi getting sick? Or dying? No!! Not Vivi!! Not his furry baby!!

He has to do something but not over ten minutes ago, he didn’t even believe in witches or magic. How was he going to break his curse without knowing anything about witches and curses? What I’m going to do? Thought a tearful Sehun, absently digging his spoon into the melted ice cream to get a mouthful of it.

The alarm of the family car got off after Sehun’ s frustrated and inhuman screech.