Chapter 4

Love Takes Time

The tall actor returned to his seat next to In-sung after ordering an iced Americano. He then glanced at the alphas who were staring blankly ahead.

~ A few moments earlier ~

Joong-ki almost pulled his friend back down, right onto his knot which was now obvious from the tent in his jeans. He nearly grabbed that desirable waist and squeezed those firm hips, but the words “I can’t Joong-ki; you’re only offering as a friend and I don’t like to share my heats with anyone else but my partner” from the seemingly distant past caused the alpha’s hands to freeze by his sides. He could admit to himself that lust drove his attraction to Kwang-soo but affection for the actor who wore his feelings on his sleeves also led the younger alpha to be drawn in. “Do I like Kwang-soo?” Joong-ki accidentally asked aloud.

In-sung was startled out of his rage-induced trance by the other’s question. The older hoped that he misheard and the other merely wondered about the missing omega’s whereabouts. Before he began to gain confidence in his denial of reality, Joong-ki turned to him with a slight smirk and answered his own question.

“I don’t know but I think I’d really like to find out.”

These words would start a contest unbeknownst to one of the competitors while the quote-unquote prize would gradually understand that they’re being courted by their two best friends.