Dahyunie

My Valentine

 

Chapter 2

 

“Dahyunie……………”

 

The name she used to call me the first time we met at the library. Hyperbolic it is, but it the most memorable and amazing time of my life. I met her. I met my first love. Sana-chan.

When I entered her school, I did not know how long my family will be staying at Seoul. You know, for some not so good but valid reasons but seeing Sana-chan, I imagined my life being the happiest with her.

I grew up in a Christian family not supporting the ual preference that I am now, well, in our tradition. But, I have a very understanding parents who support me in every way they can. Now, they are almost tired of me mentioning Sana everyday after school.

The more I see Sana every day, the more I fall harder. Even though, I know we aren’t going to last. Because I can’t but life is life, and I am me – Kim Dahyun who believes that you should cherish every moment in life, waste no time.

Her clumsy nature, her hazel orbs, her luscious hair, her beautiful smile that I love to see every day. That I am dying to witness every time we meet. Only if I can confess my love for her.

There was this time that I tried to express my feelings through song so I invited her to a piano class. Little did she know, I am the one to perform a song. Ever since, middle school I like playing TWICE’s song, and my most favorite is the song called “Feel Special” and “Missing U.”

 

“Before I start, I’d like to dedicate this song to Sana-chan. She’s my first person who helped me when I was new at the university and …Uhhhh, the one who always accompanies me when I do not know how to answer our assignments and all. Thank you, Sana-chan! This is for you.”

I played the beginning up to the chorus of Feel Special and mixed it with the rap part of Missing U. I learned how to play the piano at an early age in our church so it’s not that hard to look at the audience while I am playing. Among the crowd, I only see Sana shining brightly in my eyes while I am performing. She’s nodding her head and giggling as she noticed me staring at her. Wait, it’s looking fondly at her. I am just hoping she’ll realize my confession thru this song.

The piece ended successfully and I received a round of applause for that performance. Sana came running towards me and hugged me. It was so unexpected that my heart beats like crazy. Veins are dancing to happiness. She spoke,

“Dahyuniiieee, you’re so talented!  Also, I like the rap part that you have sung, what is the title of it?”

“Missing U by TWICE.”

“I like that, Dahyunie and I want to learn piano as well.”

 

 

 

“Really? I can be your tutor.”

“You will teach me?” she said amusingly.

“Of course, you’re special to me.”

 

A loud thud echoed in my ear as I spoke those words, claiming it back. I stuttered.

“Well, what I mean is – Uhm, there is no problem I know you can learn many things easily.” I said laughing, nervously.

“Ahh, I see.” A hint of sadness was drawn to her, or can I say disappointment?

 

That is the same the day that I really regret not confessing to her about my actual feelings, all this life I am honest not only for the religion I am in but I’d like to keep being honest in any possible ways that I can. Now, I am lying like a deadpan army in my bed. Trying to clear my mind with thoughts filling “SANA” and “SANA-CHAN, I LIKE YOU.”

 

While I was murdering with my thoughts, my phone rang as I see the familiar name in the home screen my cheek automatically curved into a smile but a sudden fear of Sana-chan being mad at me is the most terrifying.

 

Sana hasn’t called me, we exchanged SMS every day but not calling me. It was weird, I admit.

 

I answered the phone but no one is speaking, is she really mad at me? What should I say to make up with the lost chance?

 

A voice spoke, it’s not my Sana-chan unfortunately. I worried and tried to act strong and tough so I can fight whoever hurt my Sana-chan. And, I – Oops, she’s not mine. YET.

 

“Oh, no, no, please don’t be mad. I’m Sana’s best friend, Momo by the way.”

 

So, Momo is on the other line. The one Sana-chan used to talk about with such a happy and pure soul. Every time she speaks about Momo, she is always happy and bright. I wonder if she is just really her best friend.

 

 

 

 “Sana says be at her dorm by 7:00pm, tonight. I’ll send the address right away. Please, be there Dahyun Sana is expecting so much. Bye! See you.”

 

Those are the last words she spoke that made my heart thumping with joy and excitement.

Joy and excitement are my terms for nervousness by the way.

Not long after Momo send the address to me. Should I come?

 

Battling with my heart and mind, I changed my clothes and put a hoodie and my favorite checkered pyjamas on. Rode my bike and start driving it to the address Momo sent me.

 

--

The ride to Sana’s dorm is long though my apartment is just few meters away. I am standing in front of her dorm but I cannot bring myself to knock into it. It’s just few minutes away before 7:00 pm, yet I am still struggling if I will knock or not.

I was about to touch the door forming my fist to knock when the door widely open, showing a girl taller than Sana and a woman with bunny teeth.

“Oh, hi. Dahyun you came!” I assumed it was Momo.

“Sana, would like to talk to you darling!”

“Sana, your girl is here. Hurry and get her. We’re leaving.” The girl that I assumed Momo shouted.

“Darling, I’m Nayeon. Momo’s girlfriend and Sana’s friend. Enjoy your night you two! Go and get her!” she said imitating Momo’s voice from before.

 

They left the apartment and told me to enter at the sala. After few minutes, Sana came. ISTG, she looks so adorable in her oversized shirt and shorts peeking lightly.

“Oh, hi Sana-chan!” I said weakly.

“Dahyunie!”

 

She whined. Is she mad at me?