Sana-chan

My Valentine

Chapter 1

 

It was my third month in school but still as boring as the first day except for Momo who is keeping me sane. She usually hangs out with her girl, Nayeon, so we do not have lots of time being together. I’m stuck here at the corner of the library engulfing my mind to some romance contemporary books I recently enjoyed reading. By the way, I am a foreign student. The business of my parents needs to be strengthened here in Korea so here we are living in Seoul.

Life of a foreign student is terrifying but challenging. Being an achiever and sporty at the same time gave me the privilege to be acknowledged by a lot of students from different levels unfortunately none of them caught my eye.

Although I love playing volleyball and there are few interactions, I have with Eunha, which I quite like, but I am about to leave that since I’m gearing for my love of medicine and its field. Ever since I was a child, I grew fond of becoming a doctor. I love how I imagined myself wearing a white coat – Ugh, I fell for it. I want to have it. I want to become one.

As my mind wanders, I haven’t expected the arrival of a certain student in the same table as mine.

“Hi.” She mutters discreetly, almost inaudible to hear.

“Hello.” I smiled, showing my teeth. I love how she carries herself, she’s so endearing.

“Uhm, Ugh, I’m new here. Can you help me go to my room? I’m quite lost. My class will be 10 minutes from now. I will understand if you don’t walk me through, I just need to have clear instruction on how to get there.”

“Yeah, sure. Hand me your schedule, may I see it?”

The woman handed here newly handbook and a few papers containing her plotted schedules.

“Oh, you belong to the same section as mine!” I exclaimed happily. Quite surprised about myself as well.

“Really? That’s a relief.” The woman admitted. Heck, she looked so cute when she does that.

“I’m Dahyun. You are?”

“Sana.”

“You can call me whatever you want, Sana.”

“Sure, I’ll call you Dahyunie from now on.”

 

 

 

 

Time passed so quickly. It is almost a month since Dahyun started schooling at our university. My feelings went so quickly as well. I think I am in love? I sighed at my own thoughts.

“Hey, your thoughts got you so much covered.” Dahyun said, handing Sana a can of Sprite.        

“Thanks, and please don’t remind me?”

“Is something bothering you?”

“Not something, but someone I guess.”

“Who? I’ll kill them.”

“You? You are so small; you can’t do that.” Absentmindedly, I pinched her cheeks sending her cheeks a blush.

“Oh, I’m sorry Dahyunie.”

“No, no. I like it Sana-chan.”

 

It was the first time Dahyun called me that. My heart is racing. Like, its pounding with excitement and some weird feelings sending butterflies to my stomach.

 

Later at night, while Momo and Nayeon cuddling in our dorm, I shoot them a very random question.

 

“How did you two know that you were in love?”

“Is that a question out of curiosity or a question for yourself?”

“Uh, I – uhm just want to know?” I shrugged my shoulders at an attempt for them to buy my denial.

“Sana, shut up.” Nayeon interrupted. “You know since last month; I can see that you are really enjoying school? Or there is someone who makes you blooming perhaps?

A smile crept on my face and I tried to control it so I cleared my throat, “Huh? What are you talking about?”

“Don’t deny it. I know you since diapers.” Momo laughed sarcastically and sit up straight to talk to me in a serious manner.

“Mo, what do you mean I shouldn’t deny?”

“You’re a useless lesbian for God’s sake! Sana, YOU ARE IN LOVE! If in any case you wanted to hear that.”

“Eh? No, I’m not. I’m just asking question, that’s all.”

“Tell me who’s the lucky one?” Nayeon cuddles to me.

“Hmmm.”

 

“Hmmmmm, means there is someone. Got you!” Momo said happily. “Go and invite her over dinner.”

“Mo, she won’t like it. She’s shy?”

“So, you’re admitting that you are in love now?”

“You’re cute when you’re nervous, Sana-ya!” the couple teased.

“Hand me your phone.”

“No.”

“No or I’ll kick you out of the dorm? Just to remind you, my dear best friend, your allowances are spent for certain piano lessons isn’t right Sana-ya?”

Nayeon butted in, “What for?”

“Of course, for her little Tofu.”

“Who?”

“Nayeon, you know how much I love you but can you please comprehend that “Tofu” is the one we’re referring as Sana’s crush and soon to be girlfriend.”

“Oh, I see.”

“That’s fine, sweet. I still love you.” Momo kissed Nayeon dramatically.

“Now, phone – SANA!!”

 

I sighed defeatedly.

 

“Dahyunie with a heart. You’re creeping me out really, Sana. Since when did you start putting emoji at your contacts? Last time I checked, you put the whole name of all the people in your directory. Mine is still Hirai Momo without heart or even any other emoji”

“Diss it, Momoring! What will you do to my phone?”

“Nothing, just trying to make a call to a certain someone. Bye.” Momo hurriedly run towards the balcony and left me and Nayeon at the couch.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At Dahyun’s end

 

“Oh, Sana-chan is calling me? Is it really happening? She hasn’t called me once? This is the first time.”

 

 

 

“Hello, Sana-chan?”

Momo did not speak for the meantime.

“Is there something wrong? Tell me. I’ll be there.”

“Sana-chan? Are you okay? Is someone bothering you again? I told you I’ll kill them all for you!”

 

“Hi, Dahyun.” Momo spoke in a soft voice, trying not to scare Dahyun on the other line.

“Hello, who is this? Why are you using Sana-chan’s phone?” Dahyun spoke angrily. Trying to be tough.

“Oh, no, no, please don’t be mad. I’m Sana’s best friend, Momo by the way.”

“Momo-ring? Hello, unnie. Sana-chan, talks about you sometimes. What’s the matter and where is Sana-chan?”

“You are too adorable that’s why Sana ……” Momo got interrupted by Sana’s recent arrival.

“Hello, unnie? What happened to Sana-chan? Is she hurt?”

“No, no.” Momo tried to protect the phone from Sana.

“Sana says be at her dorm by 7:00pm, tonight. I’ll send the address right away. Please, be there Dahyun Sana is expecting so much. Bye! See you.”

 

Call ended.