During

Little Did The Know

 

 

The two never talked about telling the entire school they were dating. It never really came into topic. They have always showed they were friends and it doesn't change now that they're dating. Yujin and Minjoo's friends know about the couple, but they never really were the type to show off their relationship.

 

There were a few rumors going around about the two but no one ever confirmed or denied it.

 

Yujin would be lying if she said she never thought about it though. Not when Minjoo always received letters in her locker. She never voiced out her opinion about it but Minjoo knew the younger girl wasn't comfortable about the situation with the letters so she would just place them in a paper bag and leave them in the council office.

 

Just like the younger girl, Minjoo never voiced out her concern regarding Yujin's suitors as well. The girl is gorgeous as well as athletic. She receives her own share of confessions during competitions and events.

 

The two seem to have silently agreed to just ignore everything they receive and not talk about the issue and just continue on how they were.

 

That was until before their Christmas break.

 

Violeta High's Christmas break always starts exactly two months before their graduation and lasts around three weeks. During this time, the school is only open for staff and select students such as the student council, clubs and sports teams.

 

During the break, all clubs meet with the council to prepare for a welcome back event they hold everytime school resumes on January. Clubs such as the dance team and choir prepare performances while the sports teams prepare special events for the students to enjoy.

 

Hence the reason why they were all gathered at the auditorium to fit everyone during the meeting.

 

All student council members were seated at the table on the stage with mics read while each club and team are seated together at their own tables with a mic each in case they wanted to pitch in. Hyewon and Chaeyeon were taking the lead on the events and Nako was talking about the budget for each party while Minjoo was typing everything being talked about on her laptop.

 

Yujin was sitting next to Yena at their table and wasn't paying much attention to what was being talked about until their team captain Yeji suggested the track team to be escorts for students for the day as their event for the students. This caused different reactions from the team as some were agreeing to Yeji's suggestion while some didn't really want to participate. But what Yujin noticed the most was Minjoo stopped typing on her laptop and was just listening to Yeji talk.

 

Nako was getting nervous as she noticed Minjoo too and was occassionally looking at the taller girl. Even Hyewon and Chaeyeon were starting to get nervous but they can't really disapprove Yeji's suggestion unless majority of their team would disagree with her.

 

Minjoo was silently waiting for their discussion to be finished when Yeji talked to her, "Minjoo, what do you think about it?" 

 

Everything seemed to freeze between all council members, Yujin and her friends while waiting for Minjoo's reponse. Minjoo thought of what to say for a moment before she talked.

 

"As long as your members vote their okay with the plan then we don't really have much of a say in it, don't we? Hold a meeting amongst yourselves after this one then just meet us at the council office to tell us about your decision."

 

Minjoo typed in the suggested event of the track and field team on her laptop with not much thought because, as much as she didn't want to, she was pissed off.

 

***

"What the hell was that?" 

 

Minjoo looked at Yuri when the council arrived at their office, "what?"

 

"What do you mean what? Why didn't you just reject Yeji's suggestion?"

 

Minjoo looked at Hyewon, "why? I don't make those calls though? Isn't it yours and Chaeyeon's?"

 

"But your girlfriend is that team!" 

 

"The school doesn't know we're dating remember?!" Minjoo snapped at Hitomi. The council was surprised because she never got angry but seeing her worked up now, it was a first for them and they didn't know what to do.

 

"Why don't you two show that you're dating then?" Minjoo looked at Chaewon and sighed, "we never really talked about it."

 

Nobody spoke for a while and Minjoo just went to her desk to retype everything they talked about during the meeting to organize it. Everyone stayed quiet doing their own thing to make sure everything will go smoothly during the preparation this break.

 

That was until they heard a knock on their door which turned out to be the track team.

 

'I guess they already talked about their event.' Minjoo thought.

 

It turned out majority agreed to Yeji's suggestion and they'll push through with the escorts event. Minjoo's eyes met with Yujin's worried ones and just sighed. She focused on the team captain who was discussing about their plan as she needed to make sure to properly write their proposal in a way the school board will approve of it.

 

Once Yeji was finished with her discussion, the track team and the council talked amongst themselves for some time while Minjoo was finishing up some of the proposals with Nako to add in the budget breakdown for each event.


"Are you okay?" Nako whispered to Minjoo just in case anyone else might hear them.

 

Minjoo only shook her head which caused Nako to sigh and look at her friend worriedly, "you two should talk about this. This won't end well if you don't"

 

Minjoo stopped typing to look at Nako, sighed and nodded her head, "I know."

 

When it hit 7:00 PM, the track team and majority of the council have already gone home while Minjoo stuck around because she wanted to finish as much of the paperworks as she could so it won't be additional work for the next day. 

 

She isn't so surprised to find Yujin outside the office though.

 

"You know you could've just waited for me inside right?" Yujin just nodded her head with a small smile which made Minjoo laugh, "let's talk inside."

 

"I'll back out from the event, unnie. I don't even want to join it but majority voted to push through with it." Minjoo stared at her girlfriend for a while before chuckling.

 

"Yujin, don't ever do anything you don't want to do. If you're not comfortable joining the event, don't. Yeji should at least respect that. Sure, I'm not comfortable with you joining it either, but what's important is if you are or not. Decide with your own mind and heart, I'll just stick by you no matter what."


Yujin smiled at Minjoo showing off her dimple, "I already told Yeji-unnie I won't join." 

 

She seemed to want to continue talking but stopped when she saw Minjoo was staring at her, "what is it?"


Yujin scratched her neck before speaking, "I also told Yeji-unnie about us."

 

Minjoo's eyes widened after hearing the younger girl but then nodded, "its alright, I kind of wanted to tell her earlier too."

 

Yujin looked up at Minjoo in surprise which caused the latter to laugh, "yeah, I was kind of pissed off with her earlier but she didn't know. We should head home, its getting late."

 

The couple fixed up their things before heading out together.

***

 

There's a week left until school resumes and everyone is busy. Every team and club are finishing up everything they need for their individual events while the performing clubs are rehearsing non-stop accompanied by the student council at the auditorium.

 

The choir, with Yuri Nako and Chaewon, is currently getting ready for their turn. Minjoo decided to head outside to buy drinks for the council at the vending machine where she met with Hwang Hyunjin.

 

Hyunjin is a member of the dance team with Chaeyeon and he's also one of the most asked out students next to Minjoo. He's been trying to pursue Minjoo ever since their first yeat in Violeta High but Minjoo never entertained him and told him she he's only a friend.

 

"Minjoo!" She smiled and greeted Hyunjin back and started buying drinks the council members liked.

 

"You're still not accepting my invitation for a date aren't you?" Minjoo laughed and shook her head before facing Hyunjin, "I told you, you're my friend. That's just where it stays."

 

Minjoo was about to pick up some of the drinks she got when Hyunjin beat her to it, "I'll help you carry some of these back. You might not be able to carry everything back to the auditorium." She didn't stop him anymore since it won't really work and just gave her thanks.

 

The two made their way back to the auditorium and Minjoo didn't notice Yujin was approaching her but stopped when she saw the two talking. Yujin didn't want to be jealous, but she was. She saw how the two looked together, 'they look good' she thought.

 

She knows Minjoo would get angry at her for thinking that way but she couldn't hep it. Hyunjin was a senior like Minjoo, they were both great looking and really popular and will graduate in just shy of a month.

 

Yujin decided to just head back and help Yena, Yeji and the others to finish up their props for their booth.

***

Minjoo waited for Yujin at the office so they could head home but the latter sent her a message saying she headed home early because she wasn't feeling well. This caused concern to Minjoo and immediately called the younger girl.

 

Yujin picked up after a few rings, "are you okay? You should've told me, I could've brought you home!"

 

"I'm fine and its alright, you're busy enough supervising everything, I didn't want to bother you." If Minjoo noticed Yujin's detached tone, she never let her know.

 

"What are you talking about? I could've just told Nako and Hitomi about it they could take over my role for the day."

 

"Its fine, I'll see you tomorrow okay? Send me a text once you get home, please. I'm feeling better now since I already drank medicine."

 

The two dropped the call and Minjoo couldn't help but feel something was off. She was worried about Yujin, and it wasn't just about her being sick.