After

Little Did The Know

 

 

Its the Friday before school starts back up and Yujin is as distant as ever. Every time Minjoo tries to approach her, the younger girl would go to the nearest friend around her. And Minjoo is having enough.

 

'Meet me at the back of the gym by 7.' Yujin read Minjoo's message and just replied 'okay.'

 

She'll meet the older girl because she knows she will be waiting and she'll never forgive herself if something happened to Minjoo because she was waiting for her.

 

Both were incredibly busy as its the last day to really prepare for the event they are holding on Monday and they didn't really notice it was time to meet.

 

Minjoo arrived at the back of the gym first as she really just wanted to get this over with and Yujin was dreadingly walking to the place as she knows her girlfriend is angry at her for blatantly avoiding her.

 

When Yujin got to the back, she noticed Minjoo was sitting on one of the logs that was stored there. She felt guilty because she saw how tired Minjoo already was and here she was adding to the things her girlfriend needed to think about. 

 

Minjoo heard Yujin's steps but she didn't look at her because she wanted the latter to speak first. But Yujin didn't and just sat next to her.

 

Both of them were quiet, not saying anything but the silence was anything but comfortable.

 

"Are you going to tell me what is wrong or am I just gonna keep going in on this blind?" Yujin was surprised from the lack of emotion in Minjoo's voice. She knew Minjoo has had enough but she never thought she would ever hear such tone from the older girl.

 

"I don't know how to explain it." Minjoo scoffed, "of course you don't. Because if you did, you probably already told me about it."

 

Yujin didn't say anything because she can't. She knows whatever she says will sound as an excuse because she can't tell Minjoo she was boarderline jealous. Minjoo didn't say anything again after that because she was tired. 

 

She was tired of the constant work she needed to do the past three weeks and she was tired of thinking what she may have done to make Yujin ignore her. 

 

Minjoo sighed, still not looking at Yujin, "do you- do you want to break up?" Yujin quickly looked at Minjoo shaking her head no, "no! Unnie why would you even think of that?!"


Minjoo looked at the younger girl for the first time which made Yujin see how tired her eyes are, "how can't I? My girlfriend has been ignoring me and obviously avoiding me. She can't say what's bothering her yet expects me to think she still wants to continue dating?"

 

Yujin could see Minjoo starting to tear up and breaks her heart, "no, unnie! I don't want to break up! Its not that!"

 

"Then what the hell is wrong?!" It was the first time Minjoo rised her voice at Yujin and both of them noticed it. Minjoo wiped the tears that fell from her eyes and started getting up, "I don't know what I did wrong for you to act this way and I won't know what's wrong if you don't tell me. If it will make you feel better, then its best if we break up because I can't do this anymore."

 

Yujin didn't know how to react when Minjoo started walking away, she felt her own tears form and fall which pushed her to stop the older girl from leaving, "I was jealous!"

 

Minjoo stopped walking and turned quickly to look at Yujin and saw the latter was already standing near her, "I was jealous at Hyunjin-sunbae because I saw how good you two looked together. I know I shouldn't be because I trust you and I know sunbae won't force you into anything because he's a good guy. I should've told you that I was jealous over something stupid but I didn't know how."

 

Yujin was still crying and Minjoo wanted nothing but to comfort her but she couldn't make herself move.

 

"Its stupid to ignore you like how I did but I felt insecure since not much knows about us dating and I didn't know how you'd react if I suddenly told people confessing to you to stop because you're already mine. I was afraid you didn't want to be publicly tied to me that-" 

 

Yujin stopped talking when she felt Minjoo pull her for a hug, "you should've told me you felt that way. You don't know how much I wanted to tell everyone at school that you're mine too."

 

Minjoo pulled away but kept her arms around the taller girl's waist, "I'm sorry if you felt anything like that but please remember that I will always be proud of being with you." Yujin hugged Minjoo tighter than she ever did and told her she was sorry.

 

"Unnie- you won't break up with me, right?" Minjoo softly laughed and pulled back. She held Yujin's face between both of her hands and shook her head, "you're stuck with me bud."

 

***

 

The event on Monday went well, Yujin and Minjoo's group of friends hung out together after the opening ceremy. Their sunbaes Eunbi and Sakura as well as their younger friend Wonyoung even managed to attend the event and have fun with them. The two didn't blatantly admit they were dating but they did start showing off more. 

 

They pubicly held hands now and didn't mind if people saw them too close to each other. Rumors started flying again but it seems not much people really thought much about it.

 

Because a month before the seniors' graduation, the flock of suitors have started moving again. Minjoo received so much confessions in the last few days and Yujin couldn't help but feel a bit pissed off all over again.

 

Minjoo has constantly assured the taller girl, though. Making sure she knows that she doesn't like any of those who confessed to her and is constantly making sure to make Yujin feel she's the only one she loves.


Yujin was surviving everything until a sophomore became brave enough and asked Minjoo to be his girlfriend at the middle of the field.

 

***

 

The sophomore, Yujin didn't know his name, had heart balloons around him and a placard asking Minjoo to be his girlfriend with Minjoo standing in front of him with her friends from the council.

 

Minjoo was looking at Hyewon, silently asking for help on how she should reject the guy. She never experienced this before, it was always letters, chocolates, flowers and the occasional personal confession but it was never a public one where the entire school would see.

 

Yujin was next to Yena and Yeji who was looking at the former with concern. The three of them know Minjoo has the heart of gold and it would be so hard for her to reject the guy in public, especially now they've gathered a huge crowd. Are they surprised? No, someone had the guts to finally ask the campus sweetheart out in front of everyone. They would definitely be there to watch how Minjoo would react.


Yujin hates it, because Minjoo was visibly uncomfortable. She knows Minjoo will reject the guy in a heartbeat if it was only them, but as the entire shool is watching the older girl doesn't know how.

 

She gives up and stands. She hears Yeji and Yena calling for her but she doesn't stop approaching her girlfriend. Chaewon was the first one to see her approaching, "Yujin..."

 

Yujin grabs Minjoo's wrist and pulls her close, "sorry, Sunbae! I'm already dating Minjoo-unnie." She doesn't wait for the sophomore to say anything and just pulls Minjoo somewhere else to avoid everyone's watchful eyes. She hears the student body go uproar about the revelation but she doesn't care.


She doesn't see how Minjoo was smiling at the back of her head with so much admiration and love but she knows it for sure.