Before

Little Did The Know

 

 

There is a month left for Violeta High's school year, which means the seniors are wrapping up their final days as high school students. 

 

This also means the campus crushes are receiving way more confessions than any other time. Courters hoping the senior campus loves would give them a chance before graudating.

 

While there are many pretty and handsome students in Violeta High, one cannot deny the biggest campus crush is Kim Minjoo.

 

The graduating senior who has the beauty, brains and attitude. Not only boys are crushing on her but girls are as well. Many students admire her attitude as she is one of the nicest person in school, she's also one of the smartest.

 

Despite having a tough schedule as part of the student council as their secretary, she is still one of the top students of her year in terms of grades. She's also drop dead gorgeous which is what attracts other students to her in the first place. 

 

Minjoo always received confessions from letters sneaked into her locker to chocolates placed on her desk at the student council office to simple flowers placed on her desk in her class.

 

One thing that most students don't know about her though? Is that she's dating track and field player Ahn Yujin. The two have been dating for almost ten months now after Yujin confessed to the older girl after a track and field match against Rose High.

 

***

 

The student council were at their designated spot at the bleachers. They always had a designated spot at all events their school holds and today is no different. Rose High and Violeta High have always been pinned as rival schools where the students treat every competition between the two as competition be it in sports or academics.

 

But for the student councils? They're actually great friends. Since they are always being pinned against each other, the councils are always working together and it is impossible to build friendships between the two parties. 

 

"Yujin's up next!" Violeta High's treasurer Yabuki Nako informs their fellow council members.

 

Yujin was just a first year but is one of the team's biggest asset. She has been in her middle school's track team as well and is well known ever since the first day of the school term. 

 

When Yujin was getting ready to run, council president Hyewon looked at Minjoo teasingly where the younger only rolled her eyes. Hyewon knew Minjoo was attracted to Yujin ever since they first talked to each other when the youngest made the team and needed to pass her requirements to the council. As secretary, Minjoo was the one who handles all the paperworks needed to be prepared and analyzed.

 

Little did she know, Yujin didn't escape the allure of the campus sweetheart which is why she was surprised to see Yujin outside the council office the same day of the competition.

 

"Yujin?" The younger looked at Minjoo in alarm as if she wasn't prepared to face her yet.

 

"Unnie!" Even the council members were confused as to why Yujin was still at school. The event finished hours ago and the team was expected to be celebrating their win at a nearby chicken shop they always head to every after match.

 

"What are you still doing here?" The younger only managed to scratch her head in response.

 

"I wanted to talk to you about something but I gathered you ang the council still needed to finish up your meeting so I just decided to wait outside.Minjoo and the council members were surprised to hear the younger's response, "you know you could have just knocked right? You could have just waited inside instead of staying out here." The school VP Chaeyeon said. 

 

"Its okay, Chaeyeon-unnie. I didn't want to limit your meeting by being inside so I just waited here." The council members just looked at each other before saying they'll head out first so Minjoo and Yujin could talk.

 

When it was just the two of them left, Minjoo noticed Yujin couldn't look at her straight and kept trying to avoid meeting her eyes so she suggested to just talk inside the office which the younger agreed to.


"What did you want to talk about?" Minjoo said while looking and Yujin while smiling and noticed the latter's neck was slightly pink, "are you sick? You shouldn't have participated in the game if you were!"

 

Yujin shook her head no and told the older girl she was fine. Minjoo decided to just wait for Yujin to be ready to tell her what she needed to.

 

The two spent a comfortable silence in the office for a few minutes before Yujin sighed and looked at Minjoo straight in the eyes, "unnie, please go out with me."

 

Minjoo's eyes widened when she heard the girl, "I know its sudden but I've liked you since you made sure my papers were processed during the time I needed to pass it to the database. I know there are also people asking you out who are better for you but I wanted to ask you out and find out if I'll be rejected rather than to just stay still and egret not confessing to you."

 

Yujin was rambling when she heard Minjoo chuckle which caused her to stop talking and look at the older girl, "you really need to stop rambling off when you're nervous."

 

Yujin noticed the slight blush on Minjoo's face and the small smile she had which made her stomach fiz, "I guess its our first day then?"