Don't Leave Me 3

Don't Leave Me

 

 

 

 

We wear the mask that grins and lies,

It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,—

This debt we pay to human guile;

With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,

And mouth with myriad subtleties.

By. Paul Laurence Dunbar

 

“Saem.. what are you doing here?” jungkook a bit panicked when he saw his ex.homeroom teacher come to find him in the cafe. He don’t want the others to know what actually happened to him.

He hate when people start to pitied him, because for him, he is not a person who must be pitied , he is just unlucky person who need a compassion.

Taehyung turn his head, when the petite woman who just enter the cafe called jungkook name. The name the petite woman just called sound familiar in his ear, he feel like he ever hear that name before, he just can't remember when. He look at the black haired boy who stand in front of the petite woman.

Taehyung watch the petite woman handing a brown envelope in A4 size to the boy. He catch a glimpse of a logo printed on the envelope and have the feeling he had seen the logo.

"My school?" Taehyung talking to himself. He frowned and focusing his eyes to get a better look at the logo to confirm it.

The petite woman feel like someone is watching them since she started talking to jungkook, she turn her head to left and right, then he catch the boy in blonde hair seems looking at their direction.

Taehyung doesn’t realize a pair of eyes caught him watching, until he avert his eyes from the envelope to look up and make eye contact with the petite woman. Taehyung turn his head immediately, startled, he make an attemp to act as normally as possible by drinking his hazelnut latte, but the action make him choked which make it so clear that he was doing something he shouldn’t have done.

Taehyung pat his chest to appease his coughing from choked in his drink. He heard a clacked sound stopping beside him which automatically make him turn his head to his right.

“Perhaps I know you?”

Jungkook frowned looking at his ex.homeroom teacher talking to the blonde and the thought of the blonde know each other with his Ex.teacher creep into his head. It make him a little anxious, he doesn’t need anymore problem than what he has already.

 

“Ah, ehm, No” taehyung a little stuttering answering the question, he still suprised and feel embarrassed because caught in the act.

Jungkook homeroom teacher nodding her head a little bit unsure by taehyung answer.

“Or, maybe you know my student over there?” the petite woman pointed her index finger to jungkook which make jungkook anxious growing.

Jungkook want to walk closer to know what are they talking about, do they talking about him? but he didn’t move from his place even though his heart want to walk closer to the blonde and his ex.homeroom teacher direction. He is afraid the blonde will mentioned the accident in the park, because he showed the blonde something he shouldn’t show to the others.

“ No, I just got curious by the logo on the envelope you gave to your student” taehyung try to explain, its true that he got curious by the logo on the brown envelope.

“The logo?” the petite woman turn his head to look at the envelope jungkook holding, then turn his head again to look at taehyung “ Perhaps you’re a student from Saekang High School?”

Without even asking, jungkook ex. Homeroom teacher take a sit opposite taehyung, taehyung can’t say anything because she is older than him. Taehyung nodded hearing the school name where he attend mentioned.

“Oh! That’s great!” The woman in front of taehyung reach out her hand overing a handshake with taehyung. Taehyung take the hand awkwardly, he actually feel a little bit annoyed, because stranger suddenly trying to be friendly to him but he is also realize all of this happened because of his curiousity. So he need to respond the woman in front of him politely. He is not some brat who doesn’t know manner, his family always strict about manner.

“I’m lee sun hee, a teacher from Daeil High School. The boy who holding the envelope with your school logo on it, was my student. Which year are you in?”

“I’m in my second year” taehyung answer sun hee warily.

“Ah.. he is a first year student” her voice sound a little bit dissappointed heard taehyung answer. Taehyung become more curious by what sun hee just said, he is thinking if its okay to ask about the reason the black haired boy transfered “First year, so he is one year bellow me, uhm.. I’m sorry for asking this, but why he got transfered in the middle of last semester?”

“He is smart, really smart but because he is powerless he- you know where this story go right?” taehyung hesitantly nodded by sun hee question “He got into your school through schoolarship program which I know it from my cousin who is an alumni in Sekang high. Fortunately it still open” she end it with cute and mature smile on her face.

“You must be so proud of him” taehyung said politely.

“I am, but I was fail as a teacher to protect my student” taehyung waryness gone instantly listen to that.

“You’re not fail, its the system fault” Taehyung tried to reassure her. Sun hee express her gratitude toward taehyung words with a gentle smile.

“Thank you, for trying to cheer me up” sun hee said, even though in her heart she know she partially at fault too. But listen to the younger boy words with handsome face make her think maybe its okay to not feel any guilt toward jungkook just for today.

Sun hee then stand up from the chair and saying sorry to taehyung for distrubing his time. Taehyung shake his head and said that its okay, he show his gratitude to be able to meet a great teacher like her, which make sun hee smile grow wider mixed with shyness. Before she leave, she offer him if he want another glass of coffee or any beverage, but taehyung decline the offer and explain that he have an appoinment to meet his friends somewhere.

“Okay, then” sun hee turn his body and walk away. Taehyung watch her until she reach the black haired boy, they are talking for a few minutes before sun hee give a paper bag to the black haired boy. Taehyung still watching them, he just don’t know why he can’t avert his eyes from the black haired boy, his orb observing the change in the black haired boy expression. Taehyung guess from the rabbit boy expression by now, he is feeling a little uncomfortable.

Rabbit boy is a nickname taehyung picked for jungkook when he saw the black haired boy give sun hee an awkward smile which show him two rabbit teeth who make him look adorable for a grown up boy, no.. too adorable, he thought.

Sun hee turn her head to taehyung direction with a gentle smile. She walk toward taehyung again and saying that she hope he can be jungkook friend even though jungkook is a *hoobae, before really take her leave from the cafe.

After sun hee out of the cafe, its jungkook turn looking at taehyung with suspicious look, which taehyung notice immediately, the look from jungkook make taehyung  lift his eyebrow. The way jungkook give him a look make taehyung wonder what the rabbit boy has in mind to make him giving that look to him.

The look jungkook directed to taehyung not last long. Becuase his coworker who look like much older than him, probably his sunbae or maybe the store manager taehyung not sure, called him to do something. Taehyung eyes following the older guy lips movement but he can’t catch the words from his distance.

The sudden ring from taehyung phone make him a bit startled and avert his eyes from jungkook. The screen phone showed him the caller name writen as “Jiminie”, he has been waiting that name to call him, because he feel like if there is no one divert him, he don’t know how long his eyes will keep following the rabbit boy movement and he know that’s creepy. He swipe the green icon immediately and put his phone to his ear.

“Where are you?” taehyung ask without saying hello to the other side then listening attentively to the caller “ No, no, I was enjoying my ‘me time’ “ There is a pause before taehyung stand up from his chair.  

“Okay I will be there in a few minutes” Taehyung said, end the conversation by saying see you soon to the person over the phone. He drink his hazzelnut latte which already cold then take his leave after emptied the glass.

 

Jungkook notice the blonde leaving the cafe and keep his eyes on him until the blonde disappear in the crowd of people on the street. He has wary expression while watching taehyung back dissapear in the crowd.  Jungkook lift his left arm to look at his old G shock watch which show him its almost 5 pm. His shift almost end in a few minutes. He take another look outside the cafe to where taehyung was going before walk away from the window cafe after he is make sure enough taehyung won’t come back.

Jungkook was aware of the eyes following his movement when his ex.homeroom teacher come visited him, even though he know the eyes which was followed him not sending any threat, but he can’t let his guard down, because human is unpredictable creature, jungkook thought.

 

Jungkook is doing a dishes before his sunbae tell him his work time is over, he turn his head to the clock on the wall behind him, it show him 5:15 pm. He rush himself to the locker room after saying thank you and goodbye to his sunbae. It takes him 15 minutes to change back into his casual clothes which is a black jeans paired with over size white t-shirt and a black hoodie over it. He wear his backpack, and make sure the strap are tight because there will be big sale in the supermarket near his apartement complex. He is waiting for this event to buy everything that he needed for a month, so that he can save some money for school material.

Jungkook is trying to life as normal as possible, go back home after work, shopping, even though something called shopping in jungkook life is consist of his life needs.  He also study sometimes, do the cleaning, and when he don’t do all of that he will listen to radio streaming while reading some book he can find in city library at home, he read all genre book.

Once jungkook arrive at the supermarket, he is heading to the vegetable section, looking at the catalog in his hand to check the item on sale today in that section. He is a meticulous person when buying things, he compare the price after discount with the quality, checking if it worth buying. He always enjoying his shopping time, because when you buy groceries no one give attention to you, they more focus to what they are buying. He turn to the right, to go to fruit section, looking for orange which is on sale like what it said in the catalog.

Jungkook is queuing to weigh the oranges after choosing it carefully and put it in plastic. He give a plastic contain of oranges to the salesclerk.

The salesclerk awkwardly take the plastic from jungkook, after eyeing jungkook hands which wrapped in white gloves, then he shake his head a little which hard to notice if you not focusing on him. The salesclerk shake off the thought he has about his customer. He don’t want to make himself look rude in front of his customer, the salesclerk man look up and smile to jungkook.

“Is this yours?” the salesclerk man said, smiling gently at jungkook. Jungkook who see that, give him an awkward smile and nodding, with that the man put the plastic contain of oranges on the scale then press some number. A sticker with number, barcode and name come out from the machine which salesclerk man take it immediately and stick it to the plastic.

Jungkook about to take his oranges, but before he can do that another hand take the plastic contain his oranges. Jungkook turn his head to his left and stop a lady from leaving by touch her arm gently. The woman turn her head to jungkook direction and give him a question look.

“Ahjuma, this one is mine. Yours was the one on the left” Jungkook said to a lady who seems like in her late 30. He try to not sound rude, but the lady have different perception.

“No, mine is this” the lady said, pull the plastic bag to her side. Jungkook feel the need to hold onto the plastic too when he hear that, but he don’t do that and keep telling himself to be patient.

“Ahjuma, this is yours” jungkook pointed the plastic contain oranges which placed on the table beside the scale.

The lady following jungkook finger, her expression change a little when she notice the gloves on jungkook hands. She look up to look at jungkook then look down to his hands again, she do the same action twice before give jungkook disgusted look.

Jungkook hate the way the lady look at him, but he don’t take it to his heart and ignore it, cause what happen to him now is not something new.

“Ahjuma, can you give that to me?” jungkook said trying to keep his tone polite to the lady in front of him. But his effort to sound like that fail and that caused the others people in queue start whispering to each other talking about how rude jungkook behaviour.

Jungkook gulp a sudden lump in his throat and closed his eyes, he tried to keep his calm. He is thinking about something which can profed his innocence.

 “What a rude kid” said a lady beside him, hear that jungkook turn his head to the lady beside him and let out a load sigh.

“Let’s resume it ahjuma, you was stand in front of me, you scale your orange first, then your phone ring, while rumaging your bag, unconsciously you step aside and I thought you was done with your bussiness. This hyung-nim here was put your orange right in front of where you stand right now, right hyung-nim?” jungkook look at the salesclerk who response him with a nod.

“See, he said what I’m saying is true, so why are you insist this is yours?” Jungkook said while pointing his index finger to the plastic contain his oranges.

“What a rude kid? Did your mom never teach you manner at home?” Jungkook can see the lady in front of him actually embarrassed because she realize, it was her fault and make a fuss over it, but instead back down and apologizing she said something harsh to cover up her fault.

“Why woman so selfish?” Jungkook thought. He pull the plastic bag contain of oranges which he choosed carefully to his side and the woman let go her grip on the plastic bag, pretending she is give in.

Jungkook don’t care what the others might think about him right now, he will protect what’s his, even though people curse or humiliate him. Jungkook move away from his place but turn around after take a third step.

“Yes, my mom never teach me manner and that’s not your bussiness” jungkook let out his anger toward the lady who still standing behind him, gossiping about how kids this day don’t have a manner to the elder.

“Omo! Omo! What a rude kid” another woman in queue said, but jungkook already turn around and walk away from there to continue shopping.

 

Taehyung and jimin are walking side by side, looking for ingredient they need to do a barbeque party at their class outing and stopped when they  pass the fruit section and spot a commotion which happened there.

“Huh? That is-“ taehyung recognize someone in that commotion, but he is not sure if the one he see right now is the boy from the cafe, so he take a closer look with jimin trailed behind him in confusion.

It was like when he was in that cafe, he seems can’t mind his own bussiness, he can’t avert his eyes from the black haired boy who has doe like eyes and high nose. He think what draw him to keep his eyes on the boy he don’t even know?

“Woah, what a funny boy” jimin cuckled while saying that “ do you know him?” jimin ask, because taehyung was seem like to know the boy.

“No” taehyung say it without turn his head, he is busy trying to read the expression the black haired boy wear right now “But I saw him an hours ago? I’m not sure” Taehyung shrugging his shoulder then turn to look at jimin when jungkook leave the scene.

“You know, that boy who had an argument with that ahjuma will come to our school” taehyung inform jimin, when he remember about his conversation with Lee Sun Hee. Jimin turn his head looking a bit shocked. Taehyung start walking followed by jimin beside him to the other section.

“Really? How did you know? You said you don’t know him” Jimin grab some cheese from the big refrigerator and throw it to their trolley while saying that.

“I saw him in the cafe near from here before I meet you. Then I got that information from his ex.homeroom teacher. If I think about it now, what happened in the cafe was weird”

“Weird? How it is weird?” jimin is a good listener, his reaction when the others trying to share something is not pushy make the others comfortable when they talk to him.

“I completly don’t know about that boy, then because I can’t mind my own bussiness, the teacher caught me red handed looking at them. She then approach me and starting a conversation with me, she told me about that information” taehyung explain, trying to resume the story as short as possible and just convey the point.

“Can’t mind you own bussiness? That’s so not like you” jimin said, while picking a bottle of soda and show it to taehyung. Taehyung nodded after looking at the brand, jimin put the bottle to pick more of it and put it into the trolley.

“At first it was because the envelope which has our school logo then after that I feel like to observe him, I don’t know why, but isn’t the boy called jungkook giving a mysterious aura that makes you want to keep your eyes on him? Isn’t you feel like that too a while ago?” taehyung turn his head to look at jimin, hope jimin will have the same feeling he has when he saw the black haired boy.

“Yes, its as if he is sci fi book I was reading last night. I can’t looking elsewhere, and I don’t have a desire to look elsewhere” jimin said it with full of enthusiasm.

Taehyung eyebrow goes up, he is understand what jimin trying to express, but he still can’t understand his 8 years bestfriend way to express his emotion, it’s always surprise him. Jimin turn his head to look at taehyung who give him a blank look.

“What?” jimin ask

“Sci fi book?” taehyung thinking for a while then nodded his head “ okay I think I can understand, but why sci fi book?” finally taehyung can’t help to asking why jimin choose that words to express himself.

“Why?” jimin scratch his head and humming for a few second before walk pass taehyung to get the other ingredient, leaving taehyung behind dumbfounded.

“Yah!” taehyung run after jimin and lock his arm around jimin neck. Fooling around while choosing what they need to buy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“ Appa what are they doing?” Little jimin ask to his father beside him. His father looking at where jimin eyes directed outside their car window.

His father then pointed his finger to a man wearing blue t-shirt who cried and try to escaped from another man with a black suit who grabbed him hard, trying to pulled him away from the beautiful woman with a black long hair who was also cried.

“That people were bad person jimin-ah, and they will get their punishment ” jimin father said. He then looking at jimin and smiled.

Little jimin a bit confused, what the people outside there doing which made his father said that? He is about to ask that question, when he heard a woman screaming histerically.

Jimin turn his head to the voice come from. The woman with a black long hair fall on her knee and crying a mess beside the man in blue t-shirt which now lying on the ground. Jimin notice something red seeped out from the chest of the man in a blue t-shirt.

That shocked him, jimin cover his mouth. Then the two boys coming closer to the beautiful woman side who keep crying beside the man limp body. The two boys sit on the ground, one of the boy who wear a red t-shirt crying hard with both hands on his eyes, and the other boys who wear a white t-shirt also cry but not as hard as the red t-shirt boy.

“Appa... W-what happened, w-why are they crying?” jimin said while pointing outside the window, feel scared looking at the situation. His father his head lovingly, make jimin pay his attention again to his father.

“Jimin-ah.. remember this, when you’re an adult you need to eliminate all bad person who would try to hurt your family” his father said, giving jimin a cold eyes which made jimin shiver and feel frightened toward his father.

His father opened the window to tell his bodyguard outside that they must go now. The wind that blowing from the outside made jimin turn his head to look outside the window. His father words made him want to see the face of the bad person again. Jimin and the boy in white t-shirt looking at each other eyes.

The look the boy in white t-shirt gave to jimin make him afraid. Without warning the boy throwing a stone which he grabbed from the ground toward the car which parked in front of them.

Jimin and the other people who were there didn’t notice the white t-shirt boy action until they heard jimin cry while holding his left forehead. Jimin turn his head and crying on his father chest, while blood flowing down to his hand, and to his father suit.

The boy in white t-shirt grinning when the stone he was threw injured one of them, his heart thumping so hard, but not because he is afraid of what he was done, but he feel excited and a bit satisfied can injuried one of them. He feel the need to do more than that, because they had hurt his father and made his little brother crying. The boy in white t-shirt don’t care about his mother, what he care the most in his life was just his little brother and his father.

Jimin father rumage his suit pocket and take out a things from there. He pointed the things toward the boy in white t-shirt. Then a load sound come out from the things jimin father hold. Stopping the intention in the boy white t-shirt heart.

Jimin shocked heard the load sound which made him turn his head to look outside the window once again. Little jimin eyes opened wide, his voice caught in his throat blocked the air way to his lungs.

Little jimin eyes was directly fall on the other boy in red t-shirt who sat on the ground beside the boy in white t-shirt. The boy in red t-shirt face is become more paler than before. He seems lost by the sudden load voice which made him stopped crying.

The boy in red t-shirt turn his head to look to his left, and find his brother sleeping on the ground with red liquid come out from his chest. The boy in red t-shirt turn his head again toward the people inside the car, looking at them with his innocent eyes.

Jimin look into those eyes, it seemed like the time was stopped when he look into those eyes, then the time flow again when a screaming heard from the long black haired woman.

The scene in front of little jimin slowly disappear from him, when the car start to move away from there. The screaming muted down by the voice from the car machine.

Then rain pouring down, like a tears that come out from that woman and her kids eyes. Rain also make the smeel of gun powder that come from his father suit become stronger. It made jimin stomach scrunch in uncomfortable way. He feel like to throw up all his breakfast that morning.

 

A pair of eyes opened wide looking straight to the ceiling. His mouth gaping for an air, a sweat running down from his forehaed to the side of his face. Hand fisted the blanket that covered his body from stomach down.

Every breath he let out through his mouth sound so loud in his ear, like someone put a mic in front of his mouth. The room seems more spacious in every minutes. He stay still, worried if he make a small move the room will spin. So he wait until he feels calm enough.

His heart beat normally after about like 5 minutes, he can’t hear his own breathing again which is a sign, he is calming from the sudden panicked attack. He turn his head to the left, take a bottle which contain plain water, then drink it fast down to his dry throat. He put back the bottle on the coffee table, wipe some water that spil from his mouth using his right hand.

A long sigh come out from his mouth, then relaxed his back on the headboard. He thought why he dreamed about that? It’s been so long that he don’t have that dream.

The thought that just slipped to his mind make him remember the sensation he felt in the dream. He hold his stomach, then rush his way to the bathroom.

Kneel in front of the toilet, he let out all the water he had before. The bitter in his mouth make him feel worse. He spit for several time to remove the bitter taste on his tounge.

The feeling in his stomach subsided after sometimes, he take a deep breath and scrunch his nose when he smeeled his own vomit from toilet that he forget to flush. He flush away the vomit, then stand up by supporting himself on the bathroom wall. He open the cabinet and take the air refresher. Spray it around the bathroom until he feel enough.

His face feels sticky because of the sweat and his mouth taste disgusting. He make his way to the sink to wash his face and brush his teeth.

 

He walked out of the bathroom and look at the clock on the wall showing 5:00 am, which make him sighed,feeling annoyed by the fact that he wake up too early.

4 hours of sleeping give him a heavy feeling on his shoulder and nape. He drag his leg to the bed. Throw his weight on to bed, force his eyes to back to sleep, but his mind blocked him to do that which make him feel more annoyed.

He decide to brace himself to go to school. Making his own lunch which he never did before, even though he can cook for himself.

He ate the breakfast in the form of bread with peanut butter by himself. Then do some cleaning in the kitchen and living room.

Without he realize the clockwise already moved and showed him its already 7:00 am which is time to go out from his apartement. Before he closed the door of his apartement, he take a last look to his room, thinking if there is something he missed. After he is sure there were nothing left, he closed the door, then walking to the nerest bus stop.

While waiting he read a book he couldn’t finish last night. His glasses slightly slide down through his bridge nose and his hand automatically move to push it up so it comfortable for his eyes.

Someone bumped his leg, which make him look up. Black hair, fair skin, small pulm lips, if the person beside him have long hair, he would mistake him as a girl. The black haired boy turn his head to him and look into each other eyes. In that moment jimin cursing inside his head, for locking eyes with the black haired boy beside him. The black haired boy features is his type, he turn his head first, trying to hide the shade on his cheek, before steal a glance to look at the black haired boy again, scanned him from head to toe. Of course he do that without the other knowing. The black haired boy keep his eyes straight to the road in front of them.

Jimin sighed at the fact it was a boy who has an ideal features he has in mind. The bus he was waited make its way to the bus stop. He stand up waiting for the bus to fully stop in front of him.

The bus fully stopped and he make his way to the bus, but stopped when he realize the black haired boy stay still in his place. He turn his head to look at the black haired boy who still dazed looking straight. Sighed he talk to the bus driver to wait for a moment, then go down from the bus.

“Hey, aren’t you going to take the bus?” he ask the black haired boy, but he seems still lost. He decide to drag the black haired boy weather he like it or not.

The black haired boy pull his hand, make jimin turn his head looking at the boy behind him.

“The bus. You go to the same school as mine aren’t you? You wear the same uniform ” jimin pointing to the boy uniform and himself. The black haired boy looking at his uniform and the person in front of him indeed wearing the same uniform.

Jimin walk a head of him to the bus decide to give  the black haired boy a space to think before he followed him behind.

Because of the busy time, there is no empty seat anymore. He stand beside the black haired boy, and laughing bittery inside. Because of the fact that the black haired boy is taller than him and he looks younger than him.

“Are you a transfer student ?” Jimin ask suddenly, which make the black haired boy give him a question look “ I never seen you before” he explain.

“Ah.. ne” the black haired boy said looking at the person in front of him innocently.

“I’m jimin from class 2-1 by the way. How about you?” jimin strech out his hand to the black haired boy.

At first the black haired boy looking at his hand strangely, make jimin looking at his streched out hand too. After pausing for a while the boy take jimin hand. Now jimin confused, looking at the boy who wearing a thin white gloves

“Ehm.. are you.. what the doctor name it. Ah! OCD”

The black haired boy eyes widened hear him said that and turn his head to the left and right. Jimin then realize they were in the bus, and seal his lips together, looking at the black haired boy apologetically. The black haired boy smiled at him, tell him through his smile not to worry.

“Jeon Jungkook” he said that after release the later hands. Jimin nodding his head and repeting the boy name in his head, feel somewhat familiar but can’t remember where he heard that name.

Both of them fall silent, sometimes jimin would take a glance at jungkook, then looking out of the bus. Jimin keep taking a glance to jungkook because he felt like ever see him somewhere, but he still can’t remember where.

“ So jungkook, which class are you i-“

“ We have arrived “ jungkook said, make jimin turn his head and looking outside. His unfinished sentence dissapear as they get down from the bus. They walked side by side to the school, but jungkook stopped right before enter the gate.

Jimin turn his head to look what’s wrong with jungkook. Then he smiled when he saw the boy in awe looking at the gate.

“It’s just a gate, you still not see the inside” jimin said, casually pull jungkook hand without thinking.

Jungkook surprised by jimin behaviour, the smaller guy act like they know each other since on the bus. He feels happy but also wary.

The continuously rejection in his life made him created a wall around him, so he wouldn’t hurt badly when they know his secret and push him away.

Jimin part his way with jungkook after escorted him to the administration office.

 

The rain drop that fell slowly to the top of canopy makes the atmosphere feels calm, the smell that emitting from the ground make the air feel fresh. Jungkook pass the passageways which connected the administration building with the school building accompanied by a teacher who walk a head of him.

Her way of walking is like a model and that make jungkook think for the first time about how woman walking. He rarely pay attention to other people, but because he walk behind her whether he want it or not, he couldn’t avoid to not notice that. His eyes roaming around the building on his way to the class. He get amazed by the design interior of the building school and that make him feel out of place. He look at his uniform and sighed in relieved that his uniform still looks good even though its the second handed.

 

 

In the past he used to like rain but now rain remind him of tears, and thunder remind him of a gun shoot.

Jimin plugged an earphone to both of his ears, play his favorite music from his phone then looking straight to the teacher who explained theoretical physics. It’s been five years he can lip-read people, it was not an easy thing to practice, but he need it so he wouldn’t get a panic attack at school every time rain comes, that wouldn’t be fun.

Half day passed without he realize it, the bell ring load filled all the room in that building, telling all student its time to take a break.

 

 

Jungkook unsure if he should stay or going out of the class, he still feel out of place looking at all student in his class. Jungkook looking out the window, he sighed feeling suffocated by his own anxiety, then decide to go out from the class.

“I shouldn’t accepted *Saem offer to go to this school” Jungkook mumbled while walking out of the door.

He keep his head down, don’t want people to notice there is a new face in the school. Every 5 minutes he look up to look at his way. He remember what his upper classmen said to him this morning when he accompanied him to administration room. If he turn to the left at the end of the hallway he will find a small park which not much people go there.

Jungkook turn to the left and find the park his sunbae said to him. He smiled looking at the park. The park is small but it looks cozy and simply beautiful, but he is not sure if the park can be used by the student, it looks clean and neat.

“You can even take a nap there” jungkook remembered of what jimin said to him. Jungkook turn his head to left and right to make sure he is alone.

“There is really no one here? Great, I can take a nap for 30 minutes” jungkook choosing a place where the grass look thicker then the rest and under the biggest tree.

The fluffy white cloud on the sky seems like moving in slow pace, even though actually it stay still. It seems like that, because of the earth rotation. The wind blowing slowly, singing through the trees, making a music that can only be made by nature. Jungkook laying down on the slighty wet grass absorbing all the things which happening around him, he closed his eyes listening to the music made by nature. His hair flutter softly everytime wind brushing his hair lulled him slowly into the dream land.

 

Taehyung walking aimlessly in the hall way thinking about nothing, he put both of his cold hands inside his jacket pocket then stop on the side of the bridge which connected the second floor class room and the teacher’s office.

He let out a long sigh and looking at the garden under the bridge, there he find unusual scenary he never see before. He notice there is someone sleeping at the place where he usually taking a nap. What makes taehyung find it unusual is how that person can sleeping in there in this kind of wheater?

“Isn’t he feeling cold?” taehyung said, he fold his hand on the rail bridge and put his chin above it, looking at the person who sleeping on the garden in the middle of autumn, he look at him for a while without thinking of anything, then because of his curiosity, taehyung decide to go down and look at the person from close.

Suddenly he feel excited, just like a kid find a new toy to play with after feeling bored all day.   

He arrive at the garden and slowly approaching the sleeping guy, trying to not create any noise in every step. Taehyung stop and crouch down beside the sleeping guy and do a fast inspect on what he wear. The sleeping guy use a black thick jacket which looked cheap with the hoodie on his head to keep his head warm from the wet grass. Then taehyung looking at the sleeping guy face, at first he doesn’t recognize him, but after looking carefully he recognize the sleeping guy face as the boy named Jungkook.

The name is familiar in his mind, he utter the name for several time and remembered about the incident from months ago. His eyes opened wide upon the flashback of the incident come to his mind, he think how can he forget about the weird boy from that incident? He take another look to jungkook face to make sure that he is not mistaken.

“It’s him!” taehyung said it out load.

Jungkook stir in his sleep and change his position to his side, facing taehyung who crouch down beside him. taehyung is startled by the sudden move coming from jungkook and make him fall on his while covering his mouth with his right hand. Taehyung eyes wide open, waiting for other reaction coming from jungkook, but when there is no other movement, taehyung let a long sigh and relieve that jungkook is not waking up because his sudden outburst.

“Woah.. that was scare me” taehyung then remembered about the incident where he got caught red handed looking at someone “Ah.. so that was also him, what is it?” taehyung put his right hand to his chest “Coincidence? Fate? No.. I’m sure it was coincidence, yes it must be that”

“Yes, I’m sure it just a coincidence” said jungkook, who now directed his cold stare to taehyung who freeze on the spot once he heard a reply from the sleeping boy.

“Right, coincidence” said taehyung stand up slowly with both hands mid air making gesture to jungkook to calm down.  Taehyung take a three step back to the side.

While jungkook stand up with annoyed and slightly pale face. He brush some leaves which stick to his jacket and leave taehyung without words, before almost fall by the tree root on his way to the rocky floor in front of him but he can balance himself by holding on to pole.

“Are you okay?” taehyung shout when he see jungkook stumbling “of course he is okay taehyung...” he said more to himself while keep his eyes on the black haired boy walking away from him.

“Wait? Why am I scared of him? I’m older than him” taehyung just realize what was happened and dumbfounded looking at the direction where jungkook was heading. Taehyung laughing to his stupidity and decide to follow jungkook, he need to ask him about ‘that’ incident, taehyun thought.

Taehyung run to catch up with jungkook, and find him standing while looking out the window yawning, creat thin fog coming out from his pulm cheery lip.

“Hey” taehyung said while tapping jungkook shoulder, which make the later jolted in his place and smack his hands away in response. Taehyung shock by the reaction and the same goes for jungkook. Taehyung notice a small cable dangle from his ear, jungkook was listening a music using an earphone which make him can’t hear taehyung was coming and calling him.

Jungkook let a long sigh and give taehyung the same expression as before before leaving taehyung again, without words. For the second time that day, taehyung dumbfounded by the black haired boy, he shake his head can’t understand why he get that kind of treatment from someone he actually doesn’t know.

Also for the second time that day he must follow the black haired boy because one, he need to know why he treat him that way ? two, how did he know about his nickname ? three, to tell him that he is older one year than him so he shouldn’t treat him like that and more importanly, he is Kim Taehyung, who doesn’t know about him in this entire school?

“ hey! Jeon jungkook-ssi! Don’t pretending can’t hear me!” said taehyung loud and in annoyed tone, his voice resound on the hall way which actually worked to make jungkook stop in his track.

Jungkook heart beat picked up little by little and without he realizing he gulped a lump which doesn’t exist in his throat. He is between scared and anxious so much scenario playing in his mind, thinking about escape plan if taehyung is indeed coming from the organization, thinking how he will fight the older if the later force him and etc.

Again, taehyung tap jungkook shoulder and make him turn around to face him but not expected to see the way jungkook look at him. Taehyung never like it when someone give him that look, he hate it when people give him that look, and now someone he met a few time give him that look. His curiousity growing, he want to know why jungkook give him that scared mixed with anxious look ?

“Why you look at me like that? who are you? And why you know my nickname?” taehyung speak in a low voice and eyes sharp looking at jungkook stright, he is, angry.

It give chill to jungkook spine, he doesn’t mean to make the older boy angry to this extend, he is not ready yet and not expected that the organization was close to him. Now in this situation he doesn’t know what to do.

“A-are you from the organization right?” jungkook said a little bit stuttered, he tried to compose himself. Taehyung frowned when he hear that, he tried to think what jungkook mean by that, but he can’t grasp what the younger mean.

“W-what? Organization? What organization? You mean student council? No I’m not” taehyung said and that is a long answer coming from taehyung because he just want to know the meaning of if his question with jungkook question is have any relation.

“S-student what? You don’t need to lie to me” jungkook scoffed and give taehyung cynical smile “ you want this power right? That’s why you come all this long way to get me”

Teahyung frown deepened by what jungkook said, now he is sure they talking about different things, but what the black haired boy mean about ‘power’? that words picked taehyung interest.

“ Power? What power?” taehyung tried to get more information from jungkook, but looking at the younger expression the posibility he can get more information is small.

Jungkook taken aback by the way taehyung questioning him and the look in his eyes, it not eyes from someone who is trying to make some lie. Jungkook rub his face with his left hand, regreting his stupidity and instict which completly wrong this time. Jungkook turn on his heels and run, taehyung who see that coming not letting the black haired boy run and hanging another his question unanswered.

Jungkook is fast losing energy because he didn’t have lunch yet and caught by taehyung. Taehyung hold jungkook arm tight, while jungkook trying to catch his breath, then drag him to follow him. But jungkook is not an easy opponent, he won’t let anyone dragged him easily to follow them.

Jungkook pull his arm, but taehyung tug him back which make jungkook to try harder to pull his arm, taehyung who see that put his left hand on jungkook right arm too so he won’t lose.

“Ya! You want to break my arm?” Jungkook said in informal speach, make taehyung frowned and gasp in disbelieve.

“Ya? You know right that I’m older than you?” taehyung said acting like a kid trying to win his toy.

“Really? Your action didn’t say it that way” jungkook said while slightly tug his hand when he feel the grip is loosened. While taehyung who hear jungkook statement feel like what he said is true and decide to let go jungkook arm without thinking or let the other know, make jungkook startled and thrown back by his own strength and hit his head on the wall in the process.

Taehyung gasp didn’t think something like that will happen, he run to jungkook help, but the younger pouting and look at him angrily which make taehyuung back down.

“Sorry” taehyung said while grinning “ I didn’t expect you pull your arm”

“*Pabo” jungkook said, stand up while rubbing his back head to ease the pain and leave taehyung to heading to his class, he get enough of his stupidity today. One, he reavel his own secret to stranger. Two, why he even respond to the guy called taehyung? Just why? Jungkook thought.

“Ya! How can you call your hyung *pabo? You know I’m the smartest in my year” taehyung shout to jungkook who already leave him behind. He want to follow the black haired boy but the bell sign of the lunch break ended ring loud which hold his desire to follow jungkook for the third time or maybe already his fourth time today. He walk back to his class in the second floor, feel refreshed and cheerful which he doesn’t understand from where that feeling come from. He keep smiling until he arrive at the door way of his class room and decide to stop his track and think back about what was happened just a few minutes ago

 “You blocked the way tae“ jimin say push taehyung softly to move from the door way. Taehyung turn his head to look at his best friend and notice something different from him. Once jimin give him a face ‘what’s wrong with you’ and walk to his seat. Taehyung expression changed from all smiley like an idiot to concern directed to jimin.

“What’s wrong?” taehyung ask already sit himself on the chair in front of jimin seat.

“Nothing” jimin said in cold tone.

“Do you even trying?” taehyung is asking if jimin is trying to hide the fact he is in foul mood right now.

“I’m too tired to even trying tae, let’s not talk about that. What are you doing dozing on the door way by the way?” jimin change the subject and taehyung understand. He tried to make his bestfriend think about something else so maybe he can forget a little about something which make his mood like that.

“ You remember the event that happened when we go groceries for our barbeque party? “ taehyung starting, watching jimin expression to look if he remember to what happened that day before continue his story today.

“Ehm..” jimin trying to catch what taehyung mean by an event, then flash in his mind the incident which happened in the fruit section. “You mean the commotion in the fruit section at that time?” Taehyung nooded excitedly as the respond when he heard what jimin said.

“I meet that rude boy today” taehyung said in excited tone “he just tranfered to our school, and as I want to know him with the thinking maybe he is not rude like what that ahjumas said to him” taehyung paused, seemed to reenact the event which happened between him and jungkook few minutes ago, a smile escape his lips “It turn out, he is actually rude” a small laugh escape his mouth.

“But why you seems happy? Is it my eyes which is wrong or is it your brain cracked a bit?” jimin comment sarcastically but taehyung don’t take the comment to his heart, that just how they usually talk, jimin maybe talk like that, but he is actually has the kindess personality than the other people taehyung ever met.

“I don’t know, it just funny to me if I remembered about what we arguing  a while ago” taehyung said, he placed his hand on top of the headboard chair and prop his chin on his back hand. He is aware there is some part he can’t tell to jimin yet, because he is not sure about what jungkook mean by ‘his power’ and ‘the organization’ but he is sure he will get that information out of jungkook mouth sooner or later.

“How is it funny?” jimin stare at taehyung who now give him a smirk he rarely show to people.

 

 

Jungkook startled by the sudden itch he feel on his ear, he scratch the itchy part furiously and let out a sigh when the itch gone. He is in the middle of reading a book called ‘Peices Of You’ which he brought from city library weeks ago, and ended his reading season when the teacher come into his class.

He is glad that his first day in the new school is going smooth enough until the last period. The only things which almost ruin his day was his meeting with taehyung. Just remembering the event which happened between him and taehyung already make him annoyed.

“Why do I even remembering about that?” jungkook asking himself “ No, I need to focus on my purpose for coming to this school, calm down jungkook, calm down” he said to himself while packing all his things on his table. Once he is done packing he sling his black backpack to his left shoulder, and make his way out of class as fast as he can before the other class mate notice him.

He do that because it seems like his class mate especially woman keep trying to talk to him and asking him about something, he don’t understand why they think he will share any information about him.  

 

Jimin sometimes wonder, what inside taehyung brain. Taehyung were his childhood friend, but its not make him know completly about him.

He remember taehyung had said to him “Human is the most incredible creature in this world” He said that with a look like he already had experience more than his age.

That time jimin doesn’t understand what he meant by that. But then he came to understand it when he go out from that house to lived alone.

 

Yoon gi watch people who walk here and there in rush. His eyes moved to some girl who debating with her friends about some issues through a window in his room. He take up a plastic glass contained with ice americano to his mouth, and seeped the liquid through the straw that attached in the middle of the cap.

The cold liquid, cooling his entire body which feel hot, because he still not taking a bath since yesterday. He has been locked himself in his room, making a wall system so no one could tracking his I.P when he do his job.

Yoon gi was about to go back to his work after a brief rest, but a knock comes from his door. He ignore it, and start typing on his laptop. The knock stopped, but after a few minutes he hear another knock. He don’t want to move from his chair, he need to finish his work today, or he couldn’t start his another work. But the knock didn’t stop, and the knock now have a rhytm from a songs yoon gi familiar with. He know who would do that, and that made him sighed.

“Go away!!” yoon gi yelled, not moving an inch from his chair. The knock stopped. That makes yoon gi smile.

The smile on yoon gi face not lasted longer than 3 minutes, the knock start to play again from the door, now the person behind that door playing another song, and this time the person behind the door make it more louder than before. His body which was cooling down by the ice americano, slowly become hot again.

Yoon gi gritted his teeth and closed his eyes in attempt to calm himself, but failed. Now, the person behind that door not knocking anymore, but hitting the door in a rythm.

Yoon gi turn his head to the door in his room, and glared to the door like it would give an effect by doing that.

“I Said Go away!!” he yelled louder than before.

“Yah! this is my room too! What are you doing there? watching a ?!” said the person behind the door.

Yoon gi scoffed heard that, he know who that voice belong. He don’t have a choice but to open the door, because he know how dedicated that person is.

He stomp on the floor, like it would his anger from his feet to the floor. Making his way to the door, unlocked it and slamed it open. Transfered all his anger through all the things he touched to ease his feeling.

The door opened and reaveled the brown ash haired man standing on the door way, with plastic bag on his left and right feet.

The brown ash haired man lift up the plastic bag which was on the floor and enter the room without any words, he is used by yoon gi behaviour.

“ What kind of movie which make you so into it, Until you forget that you have a roommate? ” said the man, without looking at yoongi who close the door for him.

“ Do you want to know that bad? Want to watch it with me?“ yoon gi said, trying to counter attack his roommate. His roommate scoffed then laughed.

“You really watching a ? Impossible “

“ You are the one who said so man... “ yoon gi already back to his work, and focusing all his attention to the number in front of him.

“That’s the only way I can enter the room, without breaking the door”

Heard that yoon gi rolled his eyes, and turn his chair so he could see his friend.

“Why are you so sure about that?”

“Oh.. you need to ask that? Don’t you know who I’m? “ said the brown ash man in playful tone made yoong gi clicked his tounge and, turn his chair again facing his laptop.

“ You think you’re sinichi kudo in real life? “ yoon gi said that while typing on his laptop. His roommate laughing at that.

“ Huh? Sinichi kudo in real life? That is not bad, but my body not srunk like that comic character, and I’m more y than him, I’m the y brain and body Kim Namjoon “ the brown ash haired man said that while laughing, finished putting all his groceries in the refrigerator in that room.

“Whatever.. “ Yoon gi rolled his eyes and decide to focus back on his work.