Don't Leave Me 2

Don't Leave Me

 

Chapter 2


Most of them said that, they were not really looked a like even thought they’re twin, but his hyung would always said that they exactly looked alike and always comfort him with...

“Don’t mind them, their eyes were really bad” or

“Don’t mind them, they were jealous of you, because you’re really cute”

With that, little jungkook who was in the verge of tears would smile again. What is the different between him and his older brother were his teeth, voice and height. Jungkook has a cute rabbit teeth, while his brother not. Jungkook has sweet raspy voice while his brother has a soft deep voice, and jungkook also remember his brother was slightly tall than him.

“Did he just smiling?” said the boy with brown hair. The brunette look to jungkook, it send shiver down jungkook neck. Then his orb move to his friends in his left, with that he feel pain soaring from his stomach to his chest.

Jungkook also remember when he did a good things, his hyung would caressed his cheek with smile on his face, showed him the smile he liked so much, it was always comfort him.

“Why do you always wearing gloves? Freak!” said one of the boy who now grabbed his collar.

Jungkook is glaring head-on to the boy who grabbed his collar, then smirk.

“Because I don’t have the need to see your dirty life” jungkook spat, with smirk on his face.

“ He is crazy “ said one of the brunette friends who stand behind him.

Jungkook words make the brunette face red in anger. He then smirk and caresses jungkook left cheek with his right fist, which make jungkook feel pain seeped to his teeth then spreading to his head. He doesn’t love this, it is uncomfortable.

When jungkook was still in elementary school, on a sunny day, he and his hyung flew a kite they made together. He then got tripped and fell down and the kite string broke. His hyung who saw him fell, ran toward him. While crying jungkook streched his hands up, and his hyung would smiled handsomly and helped him up.

“Dirty life you said? Someone like you said my life is dirty?!” the brunette who was punch jungkook, yank jungkook right hand. Jungkook panicked, he know what the bastard in front of him trying to do. He pull his hand, but the others three punk who was there watching him got punched by the brunette decide to join and hold jungkook still in his place.

Jungkook breath start to get heavy by how they surrounded him in the limited space, and by the panic because of the brunette in front of him takes off the gloves he wore in his right hand.

He clenched his right hand once the gloves taken off, then start to fight back by head banging the boy in his right.

“Argh!!”

Jungkook right arm free, then he flying his punch to the left and punch the boy on his left make the other let go of his grip on jungkook hand. Jungkook hands free, then he decide to use his head to fight the rest, he banging his back head to the person behind him, to free himself from the hands wrapping on his wise. But before he can continue his last attack, the brunete in front of him push his chest hard, make him fall on his back.

The next second jungkook feel the air in his lungs blowed out in every contact his stomach get from that brutal feet. Jungkook caught one of their leg, and pull it make their leader fall hard to the ground, the other focus changed once they saw their leader fall on the ground and help him to stand up on his two feet.

Get the chance to get away from them, jungkook crawling backward to distance himself, then abruptly stand up which he regret it as soon as he stand up. His body swaying, he groaned because of the pain in his stomach.

The bully boys about to make a move on jungkook again, when a phone from their leader ringing. All of them halted on their track and their leader checking his phone to see who trying to ruin his fun.

“Wait. It’s my grandpa” said the bully with brunette hair. He take the call after order his gang to keep quiet. Not long after that he turn his heals and order his gang to follow him.

Their leader stoped and turn his head to look at jungkook who struggle to stand still on his two feet after the beating.

“Today is your lucky day, but I’m not sure about tomorow. See you tomorow freak boy” he said, then walking away from the dim alleyway in their school ground.

Jungkook stumbling backward feel relieved then his leg give out, make him fall to the ground on his . Folding his right hand closed to his chest. He is gratefull, that jungho the leader of the bully called by his grandpa. If not, he is sure he will be done today.

Got beaten up like that is not something new for jungkook, since junho set his eyes on him 1 month ago. His gang trying to mess with him everytime they met, but jungkook is not like their others target who just surrender and let them do whatever they want. He kept fight back and mocked them, but he never the one who started it, it always them who kept chasing him everytime they have the chance. 

 

After gained some strength jungkook walk out from the alleyway. Wobbling on his way to the faucet to wash the dried blood on his corner lips.

He crouch carefully but can’t hold his groan from coming out his mouth, make other student who also use that faucet turn his head to look at him. Jungkook turn his head and looking at him back with a boring eyes, make the later jolted in his place.

“A-are you okay?” Said the person beside jungkook.

Jungkook straightened his back carefully, stared blankly to the student in front of him then crooked a smile to him. Make the student who actually his class president gulp the lump in his throat then fake a cough.

“Oh.. I think you’re fine. Bye then” said the class president, turn on his hells and walked away as fast as he can. Jungkook sighed and continue what he was about to do.

 

He wheezes softly, carefull on his every breath to not causing more pain. Even though he is used to it, that doesn’t mean he couldn’t feel the pain anymore.

Jungkook sighed as the class president in his class gone. He could guess where he would go, he must be go to the teacher office and telling her about what he just witnessed.

He doesn’t care anymore with what the class president would say to their homeroom teacher. He just wished he can go home and get some sleep.

Jungkook look up before entering the school building, the sun showing it self  when the cloud moved from it. The light from the sun, made him remember about someone he met two month ago. Jungkook try to recall the boy name, but nothing come out from his memory. What makes him remember the boy from two month ago is his light blonde hair, it resemble the sun light.

 

 

“ Jungkook-ah, why you provoke them? What you want to achive by doing this?“ his homeroom teacher said, jungkook in his breath and sighed. While his homeroom teacher keep on and on.

His class president inform him to go to consulting room after the six period end. They talk in private and of course Jungkook already predicted what his homeroom teacher would say. He is aware, he is no one. While the one who was beat him is a grandson of the chairman of this school. Who would dare pointing their finger at him?

Jungkook looking down to his hands on his lap, humming happy song in his head, to pass the lecture from his homeroom teacher. He would look up when his teacher called his name, but he doesn’t give any answer for her.  He keep his silence, then looking  pass through his homeroom teacher shoulder, to look outside the window.

“If you keep this kind of behaviour, I can’t help you anymore “ she said. The words seeped through jungkook ear to his brain, make his orb moving to look at his homeroom teacher.

Jungkook blinking for several time, his breath calm, but it feels heavy to open his mouth.

The words like a thousand needle to his heart. His eyes feels hot, but he will not let the tears escape his eyes. His corner lips going up a bit, he was also predicted this will happen, even though he was prepared for that, but still the sensation when it really happened felt uncomfotable.

“So, you will kick me out saem?” jungkook said, it sound more like sarcasm then question for his homeroom teacher.

“Don’t be rude jungkook-ah” his homeroom teacher looking straight to jungkook “ I’ve telling you the consequence, if you involved in this kind of situation again”

Jungkook nodded to his homeroom teacher words, he feel like doesn’t want to hear anymore words from her and want to go back to his small apartement.

“I don’t mean it like that, but thank you so much saem for all your help all this time” jungkook looking down to his hand on his lap. Bitting his bottom lips, trying to control himself.

She let a long sigh come out from . She actually feel the same way as jungkook,  every words that coming out from her lips pricked her heart. She doesn’t mean it in negative way, she doesn’t mean it to hurt her best student.

But she is also in tight position, she blame jungkook and herself. Why he can’t avoid that event? Why she don’t have any power to stir the committee hearts and make them look at the truth? She was tried to protect jungkook for several time, but a week ago the head master give her a warning. He said, she would lose her job here if she keep that behaviour. With her mother hospitalized, how can she lose her job now?

She know she is being selfish, just thinking about her problem. She don’t understand what were in the committee mind, until they make that kind of decision.

Jungkook stand up from his chair, make his homeroom teacher look up to him. He want to say more but words caught in his throat.

“Then I will excuse myself” the only thing he could utter.

Jungkook know she is the only person on his side. He know she was already tried his best, so he wouldn’t ask more than this. He think maybe this is the best, he don’t need going to school anymore, he can be a full employee at his work place not just a part timer.

Jungkook open the slide door, just to be stopped by his homeroom teacher. He turn around to look at his homeroom teacher.

“ I’m sorry, but don’t worry I’ll find another way for you” His homerom teacher said. Jungkook give his teacher a bitter smile.

“It’s okay saem, I don’t want to burden you anymore”

“Burden? No.. you’re not. You’re my responsbility, as your homeroom teacher this is my responsbility to lead you to a good way“ she give him a smile, which a bit lighten the feeling jungkook feel right about that moment.

“Then saem, don’t over work yourself” he said and bowing again to her.

“Okay, go home and rest. Take care of yourself” she said. Jungkook smiled heard that, looking down bitting his bottom lip, his heart shaken by the words his teacher said. He miss someone said those words to him. He nodding his head slightly, and come out from the room.

 

This not how things should be. He should be living together with his hyung, father and mother. At least live together with his hyung is enough. Then go to school together like he always did when he was in elementary school. But, he lost everything in that accident, and because of  that, he is thrown into his situation right now. He always ask himself, why he is leading this kind of life? Why he can’t be like those people called “Ordinary”? he want to life an ordinary life too.

A key chain on his bag chime in his every move. His shoes sole tapping on the stairs echos in his eardrum. Every step he take, remind him about the purpose of his existence. The purpose why he need to keep alive until that day come.

Jungkook pressed insert the key which he take out from his pocket pants, unlock the door to his small apartement. Before entering the place he called home, he stand still on the door way looking through the darknes inside his room. It’s empty was so cold, it’s darkness was thicker. He can hear a woman screaming histerically, then a foot step running toward him.

His heartbeat increased when the foot step sound closer to him, make him clench his fist, ready to see what will come. A big wind pass by push his body to the front a bit, and make the noise gone.

Jungkook let out a long breath he doesn’t realize holding. He then looking around him make sure there is no one watch him being like that. After make sure there is no one around watching him being like that, he sighed and enter his small apartement. Not noticing someone was watching him with a fierce eyes from in front of the apertement complex, standing behind a tree.

 

Jungkook turn on the light, throw his bag on the couch in living room, and go to the kitchen. He start undressed his dirty uniform one by one, and throw it to the bucket near the washing machine.

Every droplets of water that sprayed with force from nozzle touch his body like a pain reliever. He let a long sigh escaping his mouth, feeling the warm water slide down on every curve of his body. The water that fall to the tile bathroom creating a sound that unexpectadly calming his mind. After a few minutes rub his entire body with the soap, that smelled like vanila mixed with the scent from a red rose, and rinse himself under the shower. He wrap his waist with a towel that hinge near the faucet.

Jungkook dryed himself and dressed with a white oversized shirt and a black shorts. He stand beside his bed and looking at the window near the headboard of his bed still closed.

He walk toward the window, and open it to let the fresh air filled his room. His eyes closed when the wind touch him as soon as he opened the window. He breathe in the air, filled his lung with the scent of the wet grass and a soft sweet scent that come from some flowers that growing from his neighboor small garden. For a brief moment he forget about all the things that happened in his life.

A flapping sound landed on the window sill, make jungkook open his eyes and find his only friend there. He smiled and take it on his hand, its head.

“Who’s garden were you visiting today? It was beautiful “ jungkook said, smiled to the pigeon on his hand.

He look at the small garden behind his apartement again, thinking all the event that happened to him today.

“ pigy, today.. at school, they bullied me again, but you know.. this time I got kicked out instead of them “ jungkook let a small laugh out his mouth. He don’t want to cry, but tears just fall without warning from his eyes to the window sill. The anger that keeping inside, the dissapoinment of the people around him and to himself which keep stored in his heart out with the form of tears.

The bird fly away, and soon after that tears gushing out from his eyes. His right hand cover his mouth to supressed his crying voice, while his left hand coil the fabric of his t-shirt, as though his grip on the material is the only thing that’s keeping his mind sane, because that’s the only things jungkook need in his life, keep his sanity until he find the truth.

He gasped for air, holding his crying voice was not a nice things to do. The hiccup that come out everytime he breathed in the air, make him a bit strugling to breath.

Jungkook hope the memories of what was happened to him today would fly away along with the pigeon that fly to the blue sky. Rather feeling lighter after thinking like that, he feel more despair, his body slide down. Back rest on the wall, he draws his knee close to his chest and wrapped it, chin rest on the top of his knee. How he hope he could forget everything.

His grip on his t-shirt tighter when the memory from the past force its way to his mind. Jungkook chocked in his breath, his eyes opened wide, he could feel his heartbeat doubled, it feels like his heart would jump out from his ribcage, his breath become more short than before. His head pounding like someone pound his skul from inside, his orbs moving around the room trying to think a way out from that state. His brain not worked properly when he is in that state. Jungkook crawled to his study table.

He open the drawer on his study table with trembling hand, rumage the content inside the drawer in rushed way. When he found what he need, he take it out fast and open the cap. The cap slip away from his trembling hand, he let it roll away, don’t have time to think about that. What he need right that moment is take the medicine as soon as possible. He take out one pill and force it down his throat without water.

The bitter taste brush his tounge, he gulped down his saliva to make the bitter taste washed away with his saliva down to his throat. He let his weight get dragged by the gravitation down. Sitting on the floor with his back lean on his study table leg, he look up waiting for the drug have an effect on him, let himself swalowed by the silence.

The breath that come out from him so clear in his eardrum, the pounding head slowly faded away together with the time that keep moving. He don’t know how long he has been sitting on the floor, he decide to crawl to get to his bed, climb it and throw his body to the bed. Feel the soft sheet that touch his skin, he breathed in the scent from his bed sheet.

His breathing slowly comeback to normal, and his eyes become heavy and more heavy in every breath he take. Now he could feel the pain from this morning event seeped out from his body. Jungkook groaned, turn his body so he could face the ceiling in his room. He stayed still, looking at the white ceiling.

The wind that brushing his hair softly, felt like his brother hand brushing his hair, to make him sleep whenever he had a headache. His eyes feels heavy in every made by the wind throught his opened window. Jungkook eyes flutter closed, his body limp againts the bed. He give away his consciousness.

 

 

Taehyung sighed, enjoying the view in front of him alone is kind of lonely he thought. He get startled when a white pigeon landed on the bench where he is sitting. Taehyung looking at the pigeon and have the urge to touch the white pigeon who seem not afraid of human. He then reach out his hand trying to touch the bird, but before he can do that, the bird flew away. He clicked his tounge, feel kind of dissapointed.

“Young master, your father looking for you”

Taehyung expression changed in second when he heard what his servant just announced. He look up, turn his head to his servant who stand on his left, then looking through his shoulder.

The look in taehyung eyes make the servant gulping a lump which suddenly exist, and his heartbeat increased bit by bit. He bite his lip, not dare to lift his head. The servant think did he said something wrong? when taehyung just looking toward his direction without saying anything.

Taehyung stand up, straightened his clothes then walk pass his servant with expression which send chill down his servant nape.

The servant has been work for 5 months now, and he heard from the other servants that their young master is like have two different personalities. His expression change everytime its related to is father, make the aura around him felt dark, but that will not last longer, as soon as he is away from his father the kind and warm Kim Taehyung come back.

His servant sighed in relieve when taehyung pass by him, then walk behind taehyung, to the house.

 

 

The next day, jungkook didn’t come to school, not because he is afraid of the bullies but because, he caught a cold. The result from not closing the window in his bedroom until morning. He called his teacher to take some day off, which make his ear gone itch because of her nag.

After  three days off, jungkook come to school and found out through the bulletin board, that he was expelled from his school with a reason “can’t meet expectations as scholarship student” he laughed, he is feeling funny inside looking at the letter attached on the bulleting board. The other student who saw that whispering loudly that he was gone crazy.

Jungkook not have much friend in that school, but because of the grandson chairman of their school announched that he was his property. No one dare to go near him, or even talk to him, simply he doesn’t have friends anymore. The grandson named Kang Jungho take the ordinary school life jungkook had since that day. But jungkook is not someone who will run and crying then begging when he through a tought time. That just not his style.

Jungkook walkout the school without looking back when his teacher calling him over and over. He stopped when his teacher caught his wrist and pull him to stop walking.

“I know, it’s unfair, but don’t worry I will help you to find other school, which much better than here” his homeroom teacher said between gasping for her breath. Jungkook not saying anything, again he is dissapointed by adult. Just his homeroom teacher which seems like a real adult, jungkook turn his body to look at his petite homeroom teacher, and remove the hand that grip his wrist with his gloved right hand. His teacher grip on his wrist hard enough until leaving a red mark on his left wrist.

“Thank you saem, then excuse me” Jungkook said then walking away from the school ground.

On the way home, he kept thinking why he has such unlucky life? What he did until he has this kind of life? But there is no answer for his question. He sighed then leaned his head on the glass window of the bus, instead heading home, jungkook preffer to go to where he work as part timer. Because if he stay home, there will be no one comfort him and the silent will eat him again and make him remember about unpleasant memories. Noise place is better and if his body busy his mind will be occupied. It’s better to keep move on than mourning his pitty life, jungkook thought.

The bus nearer jungkook destination bus stop, once the bus fully stopped, jungkook get down from the bus, and walk for about 3 minutes to reach the cafe where he work as part timer. He go through the back door, when meet eyes with his sunbae from the cafe. He bowed slightly then go to his locker, start to change from his school uniform.

“Jungkook-ah aren’t you too early? Aren’t you suppose to be in school right now?” his sunbae said. Jungkook stoped buttoned up his shirt, thinking a rational excuse.

“Uh.. I have special leave from school. Beside that, min jun noona have an important bussiness right? so we exchange shift today”  jungkook force a smile on his face. His sunbae give him suspicious look, but not ask further about that. He is nodding his head then leave jungkook alone in the locker room.

Once his sunbae left, a smile on jungkook face dissapear. He closed his locker with force, fisted his hand and punch the locker for several time, to let out the anger inside his heart. Jungkook felt a throbing pain on his right hand, but he ignore it, he know his hand will be bruised but no one will notice it, because he keep wearing a gloves. After that he enter his work place.

 

2 Weeks passed since jungkook expelled incident, he make another excuse to the manager cafe when he changed shift for several time with the other employee. His excuse was, he is quiting from his old school and in the process transfering to other school. But he is aware that excuse can’t last forever, he don’t want wasting his time stay still in his apartement. In a time like that jungkook remember about what his teacher was said to him, but he don’t want to call her.

Jungkook sighed thinking about that, he looked around the cafe. Today’s there is not much customer come, make the cafe kind of quite. He decide to cleaning the table, thinking it would help him clear his mind.

The bell in the cafe chime, a customer come into the cafe and make his order in the cashier. jungkook sighed for 10 times today, even after cleaning the table his mind still not cleared. He turn around and startled when he almost bumped with a customer holding a cup of coffee. Jungkook stumble backward and bowing to the customer, apologizing.

“Ah.. it’s okay” the customer said. The customer deep voice make jungkook curious, he straightened his back and look at the customer in front of him.

Jungkook remember those hair, hair that resemble with the sun shine, with his bang fall to his forehead, make his handsome face looks much younger than his actual age.

Jungkook can’t avert his eyes, he is openly admiring the blonde. The blonde boy clearing his throat for several time to made jungkook avert his eyes.

Jungkook feels kind of embarrassed, but not until it makes his cheeks gone red. He is stand idle in his place, don’t know what to do after openly admiring another guy in public.

Jungkook cursed his own stupidity for had done something like that and that made him thinking, why he do that? Why he couldn’t avert his eyes faster before the blonde realized? but jungkook train of thought disturbed when the blonde, again, clearing his throat.

“Can I sit on that chair?” The blonde said, his tone sound a bit annoyed and jungkook catch it. He move to the left, and the blonde move to the right then slipped his way to the chair which blocked by jungkook before.

Jungkook thinking while walking to the counter. Thinking if the blonde forget if they had meet before? In jungkook eyes, the blonde act normally and he don’t recognize any fear from the blonde eyes. In his imagination which came in the last minute before he avert his eyes was... The blonde would freak out, and spilled his coffee all over his uniform. But that didn’t happened.

Jungkook turn around to look at the blonde boy who sat facing the window, giving jungkook his back. Can’t find the answer of his curiousity, jungkook clicked his tounge, thinking why he think that way? Then shifted his mind trying to focus in his own problem.

 

“Jungkook-ah!”

Jungkook turn around, and his eyes opened wide when he look at the person who had just called him.