Hate You, Love You (a GTOP One-shot fanfic)

Hate You, Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What?!" Ji Yong shouts at Seungri. The younger man flinches before he speaks. "Chief Choi said to redo the magazine cover. Lee Sung Kyung looks pretty in the picture that the fonts of the featured article are too big. And red text color doesn't look good with the blue background." Seungri said nervously as he explains the details to Ji Yong.

Ji Yong wishes that 'The Purge' was real so he had the right to kill Choi Seung Hyun on the spot. In his 5 years working in Diamond Magazine, the first three years was peaceful, until Choi Seung Hyun becomes the editor-in-chief two years ago. He's a pain in the for Ji Yong. He's the editor-in-chief but he always questioned Ji Yong's work as the design director. From the pictorials, magazine layout and what picture to include and not. He's getting into Ji Yong's nerve for a long time but Ji Yong keeps reminding himself that he will not find other company that will give him this freedom, a 9 am to 5 pm working time, with over a million won salary, generous benefits, and health insurance and paid vacation bi-annually. Everything is perfect in his work, except for the existence of Choi Seung Hyun.

Ji Yong took a deep breath before speaking "So, what's the almighty Choi Seung Hyun wants, then?"

"Adjust the fonts so we can highlight Lee Sung Kyung's photo and change the font color to white or baby blue. He also said that you need to make his name in bold letters on the credits" Seungri said.

Ji Yong rests his back on his chair. "Tell the boys to work on it. Then show it to your highness after you do it." He said sarcastically. Seungri nods and left his office. Ji Yong forms his hand into a fist and looks at the door.

'That pompous idiot!' he said while Seung Hyun was on his mind.

***

That night, Ji Yong was drinking alone at the bar. He needs alcohol in his body after a long day of work and to numb his mind to stop himself in thinking about Dong Young Bae.

Young Bae is one of the photographers in Diamond Magazine. He's one of the guys in the company who is nice and everyone admires. He's very professional with his work and he treats everyone well. Ji Yong has been working with Young Bae for four years. He's one of a kind and it is not surprising that Ji Yong fell for him.

But Ji Yong made a mistake two weeks ago.

***Flashback***

Young Bae enters the pantry and saw Ji Yong sitting on the chair while having coffee.

"Ohh. Director Kwon!" Young Bae smiles as he goes to the refrigerator to get some energy drink. "Coffee break?" Young Bae asks.

"Yeah" Ji Yong mutters. He looks up at Young Bae. He opens the energy drink bottle and drinks it. Ji Yong is hesitating but he will never have another alone time with Young Bae like this so he gathers his thought and took a deep breath before speaking.

"Young Bae, I have something to tell you." Ji Yong stuttered.

Young Bae dumped the bottle at the trash bin before facing Ji Yong. "What is it?"

'This is now or never.' Ji Yong thought. He stares at Young Bae with determination in his eyes.

"I love you!" he blurted out. Young Bae remains his eyes on his boss before he chuckles and shook his head. "I love you, too, boss! You've been a good boss to me these past four years. And I'm forever grateful for your kindness towards me" Young Bae sincerely stated.

Ji Yong shook his head. "That's not what I mean. I love you. I am in love with you. I've been for a long time now." He confessed. Looking at Young Bae, he can see that he looks awkward at the tension between them.

"I'm sorry, Ji Yong, but I only see you as a colleague. I didn't know what I did you for you to fall in love with me. If I gave you mixed signals, it wasn't my intention." Young Bae apologized.

Ji Yong wants to disappear at that moment because of embarrassment but he smiles at Young Bae. "You don't need to apologize. This is my fault. I let this happen to myself."

Young Bae feels bad at that moment for Ji Yong. He doesn't want to hurt him but he wants to be completely honest with him. "I know this isn't the right time for what I'm going to say but this may help you to move forward from me." He paused. "I'm dating Min Hyo Rin. You know her, right? She's one of the writers here. We've been going out for two months now. We didn't reveal our relationship yet. We were waiting until we celebrate our 100 days together. I'm telling you this so you will have a reason to forget what you feel about me"

Ji Yong was speechless. He places his hands on his lap and grips on his pants. What he had just heard is too painful for him to comprehend but he can feel Young Bae's gaze at him. He tries his best not to show any sign of pain and sadness so he smiles at him.

"Congratulations. I'm happy for you." Ji Yong said.

"Thanks." Young Bae said before looking at the door. "I better go. I need to check some photos I'm editing. I will submit the finished product to you tomorrow morning." Young Bae awkwardly waved his hand at Ji Yong before he left. Ji Yong releases a huge sigh before he feels the tears forming his eyes. He mentally tells himself not to cry but tears fall from his eyes. He covers his face with his hands and continues to cry.

***End of Flashback***

Ji Yong is on his 5th bottle of beer. He's already drunk but he refused to stop. He wants to go home drunk so he can sleep immediately without thinking about Young Bae.

Someone sits on the empty seat beside him. When he looks who is it, Ji Yong scoffs. It was Choi Seung Hyun.

"His royal pain in the has graced this bar his presence!" Ji Yong slurs loudly. Seung Hyun looks at him with those smoldering gaze of his and raised his eyebrow.

"Kwon Ji Yong, I think you're drunk. You should head home." Seung Hyun said.

Ji Yong chuckles and gulps his beer before looking back at Seung Hyun. "The you care! If you don't want me here, go somewhere else. I came here first! Shoo!" Ji Yong waved his hand at him. Suddenly, Ji Yong feels dizzy and he wants to throw up. The last this he remembers is holding on to Seung Hyun's arm before he out.

***

Ji Yong wakes up in an unfamiliar room. It's still dark based on the night sky he can see on the window. He rises and noticed how cold the room is. Then he noticed it. He was . His eyes widen when he looked at his form under the comforter. He looks around the room to see signs of his clothes and stuff. He only sees his bag and another bag on the dresser near the door of the bathroom. He knows it's a bathroom since he can hear water coming from a shower. Then it stopped. Ji Yong covers himself with the blanket and waited for the person inside the bathroom to come out. The door opens and Seung Hyun came out from it. Ji Yong gaped upon seeing him wearing a bathrobe while drying his hair with a towel.

"You're awake. How's your head? Any hangover?" Seung Hyun asks him.

"What are you doing here? Where are we?" Ji Yong asks nervously. Seung Hyun smirks as he walks towards the side of the bed where Ji Yong is. "Really, Kwon Ji Yong? You don't remember anything about last night? Look around and figure it out" Seung Hyun said as he continues to dry his hair.

"I... I don't remember." Ji Yong timidly says.

"You really don't remember anything at all?" Seung Hyun asked. Ji Yong shook his head.

"I guess you really are that drunk for you to not remember anything." Seung Hyun said. "But dragging someone just because you're drunk is very inconvenient so be careful next time."

Ji Yong huffs "I don't need you lecturing me about..." Ji Yong stops when Seung Hyun put his hand above Ji Yong's head and ruffles his hair. "Just take my advice without talking back. I'm older than you, remember?"

Ji Yong pushes his hand away from his head and scowls at him. Seung Hyun walks towards the cabinet and opens it. In there, their clothes are hanged neatly. Seung Hyun starts to dress up when Ji Yong noticed the ring on the ring finger of Seung Hyun's left hand. Ji Yong knows he's married. He heard it in the office, how some female employees are so envious of whoever Seung Hyun married.

"I never thought you're such a drama queen when you are drunk, Kwon Ji Yong. Don't get me wrong. You're a pain in the too on a regular basis but hearing you talking about how much you hate me and how broken-hearted you are with some guy is really amusing. The great and all-proper Kwon Ji Yong has a foul mouth too, I guess." Seung Hyun stated amusingly. Ji Yong was shocked. "I said that? Did I say his name?" he asks.

Seung Hyun glances at him "Calm down. You didn't say his name though. Too bad." he said as he finishes buttoning up his shirt. "By the way, just so you know, you'll be my slave for quite a while." He smirks.

"What?" Ji Yong hissed. "Why will I do that? You have no rights!"

"Between making me listen to you ing about work and your broken heart, making me pay your drinks, bringing you out of that bar, vomiting on my clothes and taking you here since I don't know where you live, I have all the rights. Hence, you will be at my service when I need you." Seung Hyun said before approaching him. He touches Ji Yong's chin and tilts it upward so he will look up at him. "Plus, I love to annoy you more since you called me a royal pain in the at the bar."

"What the--- I'll just pay you now! Don't get so full of yourself!" Ji Yong said and pushes Seung Hyun's hand away again and tries to punch him but Seung Hyun hold on to his shoulder and pushes him down to bed. Seung Hyun gets up at the bed and straddles Ji Yong's stomach as his face hovers at Ji Yong's face.

"What a cute thing. You think you can hurt me?" Seung Hyun said. Ji Yong struggles to get out of his hold but Seung Hyun is too strong. He glares at the older man. " you!" Ji Yong hisses.

"Try me, Kwon Ji Yong. If you don't follow what I ask you, I will show everyone the embarrassing video of yours." Seung Hyun smirks before getting off him and standing up. Ji Yong gets up again but remains in his sitting position on the bed. "What video?!" Ji Yong nervously asks.

Seung Hyun sighs. "I didn't know you're this dumb. It's the video of you that I took of you last night." He said casually. "The room is already paid and your clothes are in the cabinet. I ask them to wash it in a rush so you won't go home . Bye." Seung Hyun picks up his bag and jacket and went to the door.

"Hey, wait! What video is that?! Choi Seung Hyun!" Ji Yong calls him but Seung Hyun ignores him, wears his shoes and left the room.

***

Ji Yong enters the building feeling exhausted even it's just 10 minutes before 8 in the morning. He decided to come in early to keep his mind busy and not to think of what happened yesterday. After Choi Seung Hyun left him in the hotel room a few hours ago, he hurriedly dresses up and left too. The walk of shame to his apartment is too much for him. Even his cat, Iye, was glaring at him upon his arrival. He gave the cat some food and extra treats since he didn't come home last night.

Ji Yong was headed at the elevator when he saw someone enters it. He hurriedly went inside the elevator before it closes.

"Good morning, Director Kwon." A feminine voice said. Ji Yong glances at his company in that elevator. It was Min Hyo Rin. He gulps. "Morning," he said curtly. Hyo Rin smiles sweetly at him. Ji Yong looks away from her. "You dress up like you're going to a party. As an employee of this company, you should dress up properly. And what's with the dangling earrings?" Ji Yong points out.

Hyo Rin frowns and looks down at her black floral dress and yellow heels. "But they said to dress up nicely since we are working in a fashion magazine." She paused. "I'm sorry."

"Still, dress up properly next time. You can dress up nicely without overdoing it." Ji Yong told her.

"Yes, sir." She said quietly.

Ji Yong remembers Young Bae said to him yesterday. He glances back at Hyo Rin. "You're early today. Why is that?" he mutters.

"I'm finishing the article I'm working on. I have to incorporate it with the photos that Young Bae will send to me after you approved it." She explains.

"Young Bae is the best photographer in this company. I know that whatever he took will be amazing." Ji Yong said proudly. Hyo Rin huffs. "Young Bae said you're great at your work. He speaks highly of you. He said I should ask for tips from you because you're a good writer as well." Hyo Rin said.

"We barely know each other for you to ask something from me." Ji Yong huffs. "But I read some of your articles. You're good. But you can do better. You just need more exposure like doing an interview in person than email to email. You will learn from that." Ji Yong said.

"I will do that, sir." Hyo Rin said before bowing to him.

The elevator opens on Diamond Magazine's floor. Ji Yong went out first, followed by Hyo Rin.

"One more thing." Ji Yong said before looking back at Hyo Rin. "Do you love Young Bae?" he asks. Hyo Rin blushes looks down at the floor. She nods. "Yes, I love him." He quietly said. Ji Yong glares at her before turning his back on her.

"I don't care about what you feel. But Young Bae is a special colleague of mine. If you hurt him, I won't hesitate to take him back from you." He said before walking away from her.

Ji Yong headed to his office. Seungri greets him before he enters his room and sat down at his chair. He pinches the bridge of his nose.

'Maybe someone like her suits Young Bae more...' he thought. All Ji Yong wants is for Young Bae to be happy. He always makes everyone happy but no one makes him happy. As much as Ji Yong wants to be the one to make Young Bae happy, he can't. It just wasn't meant to be.

He his computer and sighs. "What the hell am I thinking?" he mutters.

***

Time goes by and it's 30 minutes before 5 in the afternoon. Ji Yong is checking some documents on his table when he noticed that the project proposal for the next magazine issue was not in his table yet. The creative team should submit it to his department o they can plan the pictorial. He stood up and gets out of his office.

"Seungri, where is the project proposal for the next issue?" he said loudly. One of their rookie employees, Song Min Ho, stood up. "Mr. Lee was called in the PR department. He's been there for a while now." He said.

Ji Yong sighs. He decided to go to the creative team and asks for the proposal himself.

Upon his arrival, everyone was busy on their tables. Ji Yong sighs. Then, he saw Kang Dae Sung, the head writer comes from the restroom.

"Hey, Dae Sung." He greets him.

"Ohh. Director Kwon. How can I help you?" Dae Sung smiles brightly at him.

"We haven't received the project proposal for the next magazine issue." Ji Yong said stoically.

"Sorry about that. I was about to come to your office and deliver it to you myself." Someone said. Dae Sung and Ji Yong look at the person who speaks. It was Seung Hyun. Dae Sung excuses himself and left them. Seung Hyun is waving the folder at him and Ji Yong snatches it. "Thanks," he said curtly before turning his back at Seung Hyun.

"Ohh. The magazine cover of Lee Sung Kyung is already finished. Come with me so you can see it." Seung Hyun said before he heads to his office. Ji Yong follows him. Seung Hyun picks up an A4 size paper and shows it to him. Ji Yong looks at it and Seung Hyun's suggestion was right. It looks better with smaller fonts and baby blue color text.

"It's good." Ji Yong said before he returns the paper to Seung Hyun. Seung Hyun took it and places it on his table.

"By the way, we're going out tonight." Seung Hyun told him.

"What? Why?"

Seung Hyun looks at him "Aren't you too young to be forgetful?" he asks. "Don't tell me you've already forgotten about that vid---"

"Fine!" Ji Yong said loudly. "Fine. Let's go out."

"Good. I see you at the lobby later." Seung Hyun winks at him. Ji Yong sighs frustratedly before leaving Seung Hyun's office.

***

A few hours later, Ji Yong and Seung Hyun are sitting at the barstool while having beers and finger food. Ji Yong tried one of the meat dishes.

"How is it?" Seung Hyun asks.

"It's delicious." Ji Yong says casually. He gulps his beer and put down his glass. "So, are you having fun after you drag me into this bar?" he asks Seung Hyun.

"Of course, I have a drink and I can see you squirming there, looking like you're gonna piss on your pants." Seung Hyun chuckles.

"You really have a twisted personality" Ji Yong points out while looking away from him. Seung Hyun smirks. "I know. And I take that as a compliment."

Ji Yong rolled his eyes and takes another drink. "You shouldn't" he paused. "I'm sure your hoobaes have a hard time getting work done under a sunbae like you."

Seung Hyun acts like he was surprised while placing his hand on his chest like he was hurt. "There's no way I'd ever do anything cruel to my beloved hoobaes." He leans close at Ji Yong "I'm sure as hell that my hoobaes are happier than those poor people under you." He whispers before leaning away.

"They're not..." Ji Yong can't say anything. He thought 'Do my hoobaes have a hard time under me?'

"I know your hoobaes are doing a good job over there. It's good if you let them know it now and then. A small 'thank you', 'job well done' or 'good work today' can boost their drive to do better." Seung Hyun suggested.

"I know that!" Ji Yong defensively said.

"You know but you can't say it, right?" Seung Hyun asks. Ji Yong avoided his eyes.

"Don't be like that, Kwon Ji Yong. If you keep doing that, the only person who will be willing to put up with your tsundere bull will be your lover." Seung Hyun raised his glass at him before drinking the content.

"What the ?!" Ji Yong said. He ignores Seung Hyun, who is staring at him, enjoying the moment that is embarrassing for him. He tries to change the topic. "Anyway, why are you so damn persistent in dragging me out like this?"

"I told you. I love to annoy you ever since you call me a royal pain in the . And besides, a pretty little thing like you will make me stand out in the crowd." Seung Hyun said amusingly.

"There's a lot of good looking employees in the office. You can choose among them instead of bothering me." Ji Yong said.

"Like Dong Young Bae?" Seung Hyun asks. Ji Yong flinches. Seung Hyun drinks his beer before speaking again. "No, he's no good." Seung Hyun said. "He's good looking, yes. But he isn't a pain in the like you. He is loved by everyone and I think he will just laugh at me when I . It's not challenging for me. Unlike you, you challenge me in every way possible and I want to rip off that tsundere wall you put up around you."

"I'm not tsundere! Stop saying that!" Ji Yong finishes his beer.

"You're good at your job and easy on the eyes, so you ought to have this confidence of yours," Seung Hyun said out of nowhere.

Ji Yong cringed. "What the hell? Can you just stop talking? You're creeping me out" he said. Suddenly, his phone rings. He looks who it is. It was Seungri. Ji Yong stood up and excuses himself. Seung Hyun looks at his watch. It's 6:45 in the evening.

After a while, Ji Yong returns. He picks up his jacket and bag. "Sorry, but I need to drop by at the office again." He said. Seung Hyun stands up and picks up his bag and jacket as well. "Okay. I'll head out as well. Let's go" he said and walking away first. Ji Yong looks back at the barman before following Seung Hyun.

"How about the bill?" he asks.

"I already paid for it." Seung Hyun said.

"What?" Ji Yong asks. Seung Hyun looks back at him. "I asked you to go out with me. It's just right that I pay for it." He explains. Ji Yong follows him until they're out of the bar. They are taking the stairs up when Ji Yong quickly goes a step higher at him and stops him by blocking his way.

"Let me pay. I don't want to be in debt from you." Ji Yong hissed.

Seung Hyun shrugs. "If you insist." He said before holding Ji Yong's necktie and pulls him towards him. Their lips meet, to Ji Yong surprised. Seung Hyun's lips taste like beer but it is soft. After a few seconds, Seung Hyun leans away from him and let go of his tie. Ji Yong steps back and wipes his lips. "What the ! What are you thinking? This is a public place!" he said.

"So, it's fine to do that as long it's not public?" Seung Hyun teases him. Ji Yong glares at him. " you!"

"Whoa! We're on that already? Aren't you too excited?" Seung Hyun said while looking at him.

"I can't believe you did that!" Ji Yong says. Seung Hyun rolled his eyes and stares at the younger man. "You're a grown- man. Stop whining like a toddler. It's not like it was your first kiss."

Ji Yong's eyes widen. It was indeed his first kiss but he can't say that to Seung Hyun. He will just bully him more.

"You look cute right now. As much as it's good for my ego to think that I am your first, it will be a shame if I stole your first kiss from you, right?" Seung Hyun smiles at him. Ji Yong looks away.

'Damn him!' he thought.

"I'll go ahead. See you at work tomorrow." Seung Hyun said before going up. Ji Yong stares up at him when Seung Hyun stops on his track and looks back at him.

"By the way..." he paused. "Thank you for the meal" Seung Hyun his upper lip before he left. Ji Yong rests his back on the wall and tries to calm himself.

"Damn you, Choi Seung Hyun," he said to no one.

***

A month had passed, Ji Yong was on his table while he thought of his life so far. Two weeks had already passed since he got his heartbroken by Young Bae when he got drunk that night and Seung Hyun appeared. He's been drinking every night since the confession but that night where Seung Hyun appears is the one he regrets the most. If he just went home and got drunk at his place, he could have avoided being involved with the royal pain in his . Dong Young Bae is his first love. All his life, he was focused on studying and working until Young Bae came in. He's like a ray of sunshine in his boring life. He's the only person that can make Ji Yong laugh and smile, the only person that can make him happy. As he spends more time with him, he gradually started to fall in love with him. He doesn't blame anyone but himself. Young Bae never shows him that he was interested in him. Ji Yong just can't help but fall in love with him. But he regrets telling him. If he keeps it to himself, maybe, just maybe, they can continue as friends even he will see Young Bae happy with Min Hyo Rin.

On the other hand, Choi Seung Hyun is invading his life. It became their regular thing to go out for dinner or a drink after office hours. They even go on the same break to have a smoke or coffee in the rooftop garden of the building. Seung Hyun always starts the conversation between them but most of the time, they are both just quiet and enjoying the silence. Ji Yong got immune to Seung Hyun's teases but sometimes, he just talks back at him as a defensive reflex. And Seung Hyun has a nice smile after he teases him.

Ji Yong shook his head. "What am I thinking?" he said before he gets into his work. Suddenly, Seungri enters his office. "Sunbae, we have a problem."

"What is it?" Ji Yong asks.

"Remember the article about Lee Sung Kyung? There's a part of the interview that she didn't want to include but it was in the article! I think the editing team missed the memo about it." Seungri said worriedly. "Her company is contacting us regarding that."

"Wait. What was that part all about?" Ji Yong asks.

"About her opinion about her ex, Nam Joo Hyuk. She was caught off-guard upon answering that but at the last minute, she asks Chief Choi to exclude that. Chief Choi informs us about it. I even told you about that. You said you'll inform the editing team yourself after you take a coffee break that day." Seungri tells him.

Ji Yong feels stupid at that moment. He remembers that day. Seungri did tell him but he forgot about it after Young Bae rejects him.

"This is my fault. I'll go to Chief Choi to apologize." Ji Yong said before he stood up and went out of his office. He went directly to Seung Hyun's office. As expected, Seung Hyun is waiting for him and he looks furious.

"Take a seat, Director Kwon." Seung Hyun said as he stands up from his seat. Ji Yong went to the meeting table and sat down in one of the chairs there. Seung Hyun follows him and sat down across him.

"You coming in my office mean you heard about the article incident with Lee Sung Kyung." Seung Hyun said in a stern voice. Ji Yong was so embarrassed at that moment. "Yes, sir. It's my fault. I'm s sorry."

"Who would have thought that the perfectionist Kwon Ji Yong would make a stupid mistake like this? How disappointing." Seung Hyun mutters. Ji Yong flinches. The last thing he wants is someone to be disappointed at him.

"Does this incident have anything to do with you being drunk last month?" Seung Hyun asks. Ji Yong looks up at Seung Hyun and glares at him. Seung Hyun continues "I bet none of your hoobaes would ever think that you let your personal affairs affect your work. It's very unprofessional, you know."

'Dear God, please take me now. Let the floor swallow me alive right now.' Ji Yong thought as he stares down his lap.

Seung Hyun is observing Ji Yong. He can see how bad Ji Yong feels because of the frown and blush in his face. "Don't make that face" Seung Hyun told him. "I find you adorable when you're blushing". Ji Yong looks up at him like a deer seeing a headlight of an approaching car.

"Just so you know, I'm not angry. A bit disappointed, yes. But everyone makes a mistake. Even a perfect one like you. As long as I can see that you feel apologetic about it, I think that's enough punishment for what you did. Besides, I already explain everything to Lee Sung Kyung and her company. Her statement wasn't bad at all. It was friendly. She was just embarrassed because it felt personal for her."

Ji Yong sighs. "But still, I do feel sorry for my mistake. And it breaks the trust of Lee Sung Kyung and YGX to us. Your so-called punishment isn't enough." Ji Yong defended.

"Well then, let's just say it's a little treat for those NamLee supporters. The magazine is selling like hotcakes for that 5 sentences statement. They were so happy that Lee Sung Kyung still cherishes Nam Joo Hyuk as a friend. YGX till trust Diamond Magazine. We're the only entertainment outlet that they trust."

Ji Yong blinks at him. "Wait. Are you covering for me?" he asks skeptically. Seung Hyun chuckles. "What else does it looks like? Just be grateful, you drama queen" Seung Hyun rest his back on his seat. Ji Yong huffs and remains looking at Seung Hyun.

"I guess you owe me again," the editor-in-chief said. Ji Yong rolled his eyes. He knew it. Choi Seung Hyun is a scheming bastard after all. He tries not to talk back and apologized again. He stood up and bow in 90-degree form at Seung Hyun. "It was my fault. I'm sorry, Chief Choi." He said sincerely.

Seung Hyun shook his head. "Apologize in a cute way." Ji Yong stands up straight, looking surprised. "What?"

Seung Hyun sits up straight. He places his elbows on the table and cups his jaw. "Chief Choi, I'm sorry," Seung Hyun said cutely and pouts at him while batting his long lashes at him. Then he leans back, places his hand flat in the table and became serious again, "Say it like that."

"No way! Are you crazy?!" Ji Yong yells at him. Seung Hyun laughs heartily at him. Ji Yong wants to murder him at that moment. He's toying him again. "Stop laughing, you idiot!" Ji Yong hissed.

"There's the Kwon Ji Yong I know. I thought I lose you because of this minor problem" Seung Hyun said before standing up. "Everyone around you will be affected if they see their boss all depressed" Seung Hyun said before walking back to his office table.

'Is he trying to cheer me up?' Ji Yong thought while looking at Seung Hyun. Seung Hyun checks something on his computer before he speaks again. "If they ask you, just tell them that you heard an earful of words from me. Don't give detail and tell them to just focus on their tasks." He paused. "Ohh. And we'll have dinner together later. Buy me some cake as an apology. Now, go back to your work" Seung Hyun grins at him and went back working. Ji Yong was speechless so he just bows at Seung Hyun and left his office.

***

Ji Yong is carrying a box of chocolate cake as he follows Seung Hyun. They are walking in the street of Gangnam at that moment. They are 4 blocks away from their office building when Ji Yong speaks. "Where are we going?" he asks.

"You'll know once we're there." Seung Hyun said. Another two blocks they passed when Seung Hyun head to a residential building. Ji Yong was surprised that he brought him in a residential building but he just followed him. They enter the elevator and Seung Hyun pressed the 18th floor. Upon their arrival, the floor only has 4 doors. Seung Hyun went to one of them and enters the lock code. He opens the door and enters. Ji Yong follows him inside. Suddenly, he heard a voice.

"Dad, is that you?" a small feminine voice said.

'Dad!' Ji Yong said in his mind. Then a girl appears on the foyer. She's pretty in her pink hoodie and white pants. "Ohh. We have a guest?" the girl said.

"Yes, I work with him. He'll have dinner here with us" Seung Hyun said to the girl. Before Seung Hyun approaches the girl and stood beside her. "This is my daughter, Choi Sarang. She's 8 years old. Isn't she pretty?" Seung Hyun said before ruffling his daughter's hair. Sarang steps away from her father. "Dad! My hair!" Sarang looks at Ji Yong. "Hello. I'm Choi Sarang."

"Ohh. Hi. I'm Kwon Ji Yong. Nice to meet you." Ji Yong bows to Sarang.

"He may look old but he still in his late 20's. So, don't call him uncle. I bet he doesn't like that." Seung Hyun smirks. Sarang giggles. "Can I just call him Ji Yong Oppa, then? Is that okay, Ji Yong Oppa?" Sarang asks.

Ji Yong smiles at Sarang. The kind of smile that Seung Hyun never sees coming from Ji Yong. It was very genuine and lovely. "Sure, Sarang." He said.

Seung Hyun clears his throat. "I think Ji Yong Oppa has a gift fo you, Sarang"

Ji Yong looks down at the box of cake he's carrying. "Ohh. This is for you, Sarang" Ji Yong said before giving the cake to Sarang.

"Wow! Cake!" she stares at the box before looking up at Ji Yong. "Thank you, Ji Yong Oppa. Let's have this after dinner. The helper already cooked the dinner. She said that we just need to scoop the rice and heat the soup." The little girl said before carrying the cake inside their home. Ji Yong is still smiling when Seung Hyun calls his attention. "Don't just stand there. Come in," he said. Ji Yong's smile fades and he nods. He removed his shoes and enters their home. He looks around to check the place. It was simple but it screams class. The design is a mix of classic and modern styles. It looks homey. Seung Hyun stood beside Ji Yong.

"You look surprised upon seeing Sarang." Seung Hyun mutters. Ji Yong looks at him. "Not really. I know you are married. I just didn't know you have a child. Where's your wife, anyway?" Ji Yong asks. Seung Hyun smiles and looks pass Ji Yong s Ji Yong looks at the direction he's looking at. In the corner of the house, a funeral altar was there with a picture of a beautiful woman and a marble urn.

"My wife died when Sarang was 3 years old. Stomach cancer." Seung Hyun said. Ji Yong sighs. "I'm sorry. That was insensitive of me." He said.

"It's fine. You don't know. Besides, Do I look lie a cheater?" Seung Hyun said and winks at him. Seung Hyun sat down on the sofa. Ji Yong did the same and sat on the free seat. "Well, you're sending mixed signals because you're wearing a wedding ring." Ji Yong points out. Seung Hyun looks at the ring on his finger then back at Ji Yong. "Are you jealous?" he asks,

", no!" Ji Yong irritably said. He covers his mouth and looks around for Sarang. Thankfully, she's in the kitchen. "Why would I be jealous, anyway?" Ji Yong murmurs.

Seung Hyun plays the ring on his finger. "I guess I get used to wearing it. And also, I wear it to keep the people from the office from asking about my personal life. It's none of their business anyway." He gazes at Ji Yong "If you want me to take it off, all you have to do is ask." Seung Hyun grins at him.

"I don't care about your stupid ring. Do what you want!" Ji Yong said. Seung Hyun laughs at Ji Yong. Ji Yong looks back at the funeral altar. He's curious about the former Mrs. Choi. "So, it's just the two of you?" Ji Yong asks.

"Yes. But Sarang spends more time with my mom. Her home is just five bus stops from her. If I can't come home early, she stays with her. But I make sure that I spend more time with my daughter." Seung Hyun explains.

"Why not live with your Mom, then?"

"Mom lives at my elder sister's place. She's taking care of their home while she and her family are in the Philippines right n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter