Sue Me!

All-Rounder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We didn't saw it coming." Yeri dejectedly said.

"Yeah. Since we're all gay we just assumed everyone is. I forgot straight people exist." Joy said.

"What do you mean? You are straight." Yeri .

"What? I'm not. Don't lump me with those kinds of people." Joy furiously denies.

"Guys. stop! you guys are rubbing salt to the wound. Pft." Wendy said trying not to laugh. She clears . "You even kneeled.. pft... how cringy. Hahahah" 

"Yah. You guys are so mean to me. She didn't say she's straight or gay. She just said she'll think about it. And!!..." her voice became softer. "Did I come out too strong? What do you think?"

The three just laughed. They laughed hard to their hearts content. "Whooooooooh hahahah never laughed that hard for a long time." Seulgi just pouts, face all red and feeling embarrassed. Maybe time to change friends.

"Did you have a ring with you?" -Joy

"I didn't." -Seulgi

"Thank Goodness." -Wendy said and they all laughed again. Seulgi is just fun to tease.

"What were you thinking? We told you to asked her, not propose. -Yeri

"That's the same thing." -Seulgi

"Not exactly, but yeah I suppose. But you went overboard." Wendy said. They're trying not to laugh again. These girls' happiness really must be outside the well.

"What exactly happened? All we know is you got rejected after kneeling." -Wendy

"For the nth time. I didn't get rejected. :3" -Seulgi

 

*flashback*

"Will you marry me, Irene Bae?"

Irene was taken aback. Mouth ajar and can't mutter a word. Seulgi is still on the ground, kneeling. Irene just stares at Seulgi.

"Wha-" She can't form any sentence.

 

Then it finally registered to her senses. She looked around and felt relieved that no one is around.

"B-boss, s-stand up, please!" Irene finally muttered.

Seulgi stood up, still anticipating her secretary's answer.

"I- I uhhh.... I don't know what to say." Irene said avoiding Seulgi's eyes.

"Just say yes." Seulgi said with an encouraging smile. "I- I will give you anything you want. Anything you asked for. hm?" 

Irene's gaze are glued to the ground. After a few moments she looked into Seulgi's eyes with an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry boss, I can't."

Seulgi stayed silent for quite some time. It's really starting to get dark. The sky is turning purplish-gray with small hints of orange. The street lights beside the swings too. The deafening silence is starting to bother Irene.

"I understand if you are going to fire m-" 

"No! I won't do that! please don't quit." Seulgi quickly dismissed the idea. Irene felt reassured after hearing it.

"I'm just thinking..." Seulgi started. "..did I make you feel uncomfortable? Did you feel harassed? I'm so sorry. Did I come off too aggressive?" Seulgi fired in questions. Irene was about to answer when Seulgi fired in again...

"What was I thinking? I'm so sorry Irene. You can file charges againsts me. Harassment. yea. I'll plead guilty i promise. Sue me! yea, sue me! Just don't quit." Seulgi was in panic and face full of worry that the other girl might feel uncomfortable.

Irene smiled. "There's no need to do that. I'm okay. I'm really sorry. It's just that..." Irene lets out a breath and looked down. "Why me?.. Boss, I don't have anything. I won't make your career any better. I might just bring you down. I am not from an influential family. I'm just me."

The boss' eyebrows furrowed. She held her secretary on both shoulders. "What are you saying? look at me." Irene did what was told. "As I told you earlier, I thought about this all day and You are perfect." Irene got flustered. Seulgi realized what she just said and let go of Irene's shoulder immediately. "I- uhhh I said what I said!" Then there comes silence again.

Seulgi cleared . "Let's Go.. Its already dark and too many mosquitoes." They went inside their building quietly.

They're infront of Irene's unit since its nearer the elevator. "Irene." Seulgi get her secretary's attention. "Just think about it okay?" she said.

"Okay, boss. I will" Irene replied.

"I won't pressure you or anything. If it gets too much and you feel uncomfortable, just forget about it like nothing happened." Seulgi smiled. "I'll be going to my unit now."

Irene nodded and bows to her boss. "Have a good night, boss." Like she always does.

*end of flashback*

 

"... that's what happened." Seulgi said after narrating her story. Her three friends just stayed silent. 

"What? Are you going to laugh at me?" -Seulgi

"No. Seulgi, Irene thinks she's not good enough for you." Yeri said.

"She's insecure about herself, Seulgi." Wendy said.

"Yeah and that's sad *sniffs*" -Joy sobbed.

"Okayyy?." Seulgi said.

"Okay? That's it? What are you gonna do now?" Joy asked.

"I don't know. I don't want to force her. I think I should find other-" -Seulgi

"wHAt? o_O" Joy and Yeri eyed Seulgi. "All that stalking we did gone to waste." Joy said.

"To think that Yuleum even got jealous of Joy because of that." Yeri said.

"Your girlfriend got jealous of me? What can I say? My beauty radiates everywhere. Ottoke?" -Joy

"Yeah... No. Maybe find a girlfriend and move on from me Sooyoung... *gasp* omg I forgot you're straight." Yeri said. Wendy just enjoyed watching them silently.

"Excuse meee??!! that really is the most insulting thing to say to me." Joy said feeling offended.

"What? That you can't move on from her?" Seulgi asked.

"That I'm straight!!!" Joy shouted. They all just laughed after that.

They are now at Seulgi's unit. They all went there after Seulgi texted them that she asked Irene to marry her. Its a Sunday so they don't have much to do anyway. The four of them have been friends since teenage years. They just kinda click with each other since their parents are close too.

"Wendy unnie~ are you gonna come home tonight? Mom says she misses you." Yeri said.

Wendy Son and Kim Yerim are half sisters. Wendy's dad died in an accident and her mom got remarried with Yeri's dad and then they have Yeri. Wendy is a bar owner and pretty much doing things on her own and it helps that she really likes alcoholic dri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter