Good night

My favorite story to tell

"Hyung, I can't sleep..."

Kyungsoo was sure that Jongin was pouting despite the fact that the two were huddled in bed and unable to see due to their bedroom being pitch black. It was 10 o' clock at night and it was past bed time for Kyungsoo, but Jongin was wide awake due to the coffee he drank an hour prior to getting ready for bed. Jongin anticipated staying up later, but finished working earlier than expected.

Recently, Jongin had been staying up for days on end to work on an end of year thesis for a class at their university, and today was the day he finished the paper. Unfortunately, the tireless working and endless caffeine intake caused his sleep schedule to mess up. At this point, Jongin was practically nocturnal.

Kyungsoo couldn't help but chuckle at his sleep deprived boyfriend.

"Oh? I wonder why?" Kyungsoo teased, earning a small whine from the taller boy. With a small sigh, Kyungsoo pulled himself into Jongin's arms and rested his head in the nook of Jongin's neck. The smaller boy planted a trail of kisses starting from the taller's neck, tracing his jawline and finally placing a kiss on his lips. Jongin hummed in delight and pulled Kyungsoo closer, leeching off of the smaller boy's warmth.

"Can you tell me the story you used to tell me?" Jongin tangled his legs with Kyungsoo's, "I want to fall asleep to your voice."

With a small yawn, Kyungsoo obliged and began to recall the story of his misadventure leading up to the moment he met Jongin.

"Sehun and I were studying for Uni entrance exams at the coffee shop near our high school when a boy about 8 years old came up to us and asked us if we were famous."

Jongin giggled lightly, and listened intently to Kyungsoo's story.

"Since we didn't want to break the little boy's heart, we decided to play along! We said: Yes! We're in a band!" Kyungsoo continued, "The boy was mesmerized by us. In fact, after he said goodbye to us, he came back an hour later with 5 or 6 girls that looked to be about 12 years old!"

Jongin, now invested in the story added, "They were all his sister's friends, right?"

"Mmhm. The girls all admired Sehun and I, but they started to interrupt our studying, so we tried to leave. But when we packed our things up, they swarmed us and tried to hug Sehun and I! They all begged for a picture, they all kept telling us that we were their favorite oppa!" Kyungsoo felt his eyes grow heavy with tiredness, but pushed through to continue the story, "Sehun and I were scared for our lives, so we managed to get through the girls and started running! But they were following us!"

Jongin, finally feeling groggy chirped, "And that's when you met me!"

"Yep. Why don't you finish the story?" Kyungsoo buried his head into Jongin's neck, giving in to his sleepiness.

Jongin yawned, feeling satisfied that he was finally feeling sleepy, "When you ran outside the coffee shop you ran to the nearest park, which was only across the street. You and Sehun split up to try and lose the girls, but you accidentally ran into me."

"Mmhgmh." Kyungsoo acknowledged. 

Jongin was still determined to finish the story before sleep claimed him as well, "I couldn't believe what I was seeing: You were 17 and being chased by 4 middle school girls, hyung! You were so surprised and you explained what happened, so I pulled you by the arm and I ran with you. This time, I led you behind a tree and we lost the girls..."

Jongin paused for a moment. The only sound he heard was a soft snore from the smaller boy.

"You know, you're the prettiest hyung I've ever met. I thought that back then when you ran into me and I think that now when I have you in my arms." Jongin mumbled, pressing a kiss into Kyungsoo's soft hair. Jongin was at peace, and even though caffeine still pumped through Jongin's blood, he felt himself drift off into slumber.

"Good night, Hyung."