pt. 3

Secrets

"Jonguppie, come right here!" 

Jongup closed the front door behind himself and followed his cousin's voice. He had only just came home from school and he just wanted to rest, so hopefully Youngjae would not hold him back for too long. 

"Yeah?" he mumbled as he reached the living room, where he found the older, who gestured for him to sit down. 

"I found something here. You and Zelo, you like this band, Rise Against, right?" 

Jongup nodded. "Yeah, its his favourite band. Why?" 

Youngjae pointed at the screen of his laptop. "See, they're having a concert here next week. There are only a few tickets left, I thought maybe you would like to go there with Zelo?" 

Jongup ran a hand through his hair. "I'd love to, but do you think he will go with me?" 

"Well, first of all I don't think he will say no to a concert of his favourite band. And you said you had a talk with him and you're okay with each other, so I don't see a reason to worry." 

Jongup nodded. "Okay, I will ask him. Can I use your computer for buying the tickets?" 

... 

Jongup was nervous, when he left the bus. He was about to meet Junhong, to ask him about the concert. He had not wanted to do this with a message, he wanted to see the boy in person. 

As he approached the spot in the park where Junhong usually would hang out, he already saw the tall boy sitting on a bench. He was not alone, though. In front of him stood another guy of his age and Jongup took a deep breath when he recognised Zelo's ex. 

"Don't you see it's pointless for you? You will never find someone. I am the only one for you, the only one who will ever love you, don't you understand?" 

Junhong, who was obviously annoyed, had his eyes closed, trying to ignore him - until he felt the other's hand on his shoulder. He got up and pushed him away. "Take your hands off! I am so pissed off by you with your stalking and , you're lucky I already have records at the police because otherwise I'd make you stay away from me, !" 

"But Junhong, I am the only one for you! You are my soulmate, I need you and I know that you also need me-" 

Junhong was about to yell back at his stalker, when he suddenly felt and arm around his shoulders. 

"Dude, he for sure doesn't need you. Stay the away from my boyfriend or something really bad will happen." Jongup said, a cold look on his face. 

The other was clearly surprised and finally stopped talking. He seemed speechless and just stared at the two of them for a moment, before Jongup could not take it anymore. 

"I said off or do I have to make go?" 

"N-No, I- Sorry." he stuttered after a quick look at Jongup's muscles and left. 

Junhong let out a deep breath. "Oh my god... you're my savior. He's been after me all day again...." He sat back down on the bench and Jongup took a seat next to him. "What are you doing here though?" 

The older cleared his throat. "I came because... Well... Rise Against have a concert here next week and I got two of the last tickets and I want to ask you to go there with me." 

Zelo looked at him in surprise, then started smiling. "Of course! Dude, you have no idea how sad I was because I had no money for a ticket, and now you invite me to go to the concert... This is amazing!" He grinned and hugged Jongup tightly for a moment. 

This short moment of closeness brought the emotions back up in the older and he had to close his eyes for a second to stop himself from breaking out in tears. He missed this so much... 

Junhong as well felt the weird pain creep back up in his chest and quickly pulled back. What Jongup had said to his ex had surprised him, never would he have expected the older to talk about him as his boyfriend that easily, and suddenly he felt like it had been a mistake to not give Jongup a second chance. He could feel that the other was way more at ease about being with him in public and he really liked it. How could he not? This was exactly what he had always wanted. But he said nothing about it, he had to stick to his words from before. He could not give him another chance. 

... 

The day of the concert had came and Jongup was lying in the couch in the living room, his face hidden in a pillow, while Youngjae sat next to him, trying to calm the nervous boy down. 

"Jongup, what are you so afraid of? You're just going to a concert with him, it's the most normal thing ever." 

"Jae, you don't get it... It's because I still love him so much and I'm scared to mess something up, I really want this to be a great night, but what if I can't hold back the feelings?" 

Youngjae did not get to answer, as the doorbell rang. He got up and opened the front door. "Hi Zelo. Jongup is almost done." 

"Alright. By the way, thanks you for paying the hotel for us. I'd die if I had to get back home in the middle of the night." 

Youngjae chuckled. "Yeah, I thought so." 

"Hey Zelo" Jongup said as he joined them in the hallway. The moment he saw the younger, he knew it would be hard tonight to hold himself back. The boy wore tight, ripped jeans, a leather jacket of which he had cut the sleeves off, decorated with pins and patches, some leather bracelets and a black collar with pins. His hair was styled up and he wore eyeliner, defining his dark eyes even more. 

If they were still a couple, Jongup would have lost his self-control right there and then, but he had to restrain himself. Taking a deep breath, he turned to Youngjae. "Jae, will you drive us to the train station? I'm worried we may miss the train." 

... 

The concert was about halfway over when the band started playing a slower song and Jongup immediately recognized the first notes. It was their song. The song Junhong had shown him on their first night, the song they had been listening to all the time when they were together. Jongup had barely been able to listen to it after his huge mistake, it was giving him too much heartache. 

He looked at Junhong, who stood next to him - they had somehow made it to the very first row - and noticed the boy had tears in his eyes as well. Carefully, he wrapped his arms around Junhong, pulling him into a soft hug. After a second, the younger returned the hug and Jongup felt the boy's hand shake a bit as it ran through his hair. 

Junhong moved and Jongup thought he was about to break the hug, but he just leaned down to Jongup's ear and despite the loud music, Jongup understood what the younger said. 

"I forgive you." 

Surprised by these words, Jongup looked the boy in the eyes and saw him smile. Grinning, he hugged him again, tighter this time. It was such a relieving feeling that the weird tension between them was gone. 

... 

" I'm so tired" Jongup groaned when they entered their hotel room around one that night. The walk from the concert hall to the hotel had been longer than expected and his legs felt dead, so he flopped down on the bed. 

Junhong, who was taking off his shoes, laughed. "You know you won't be able to get up once you've lied down?" 

"Mhm" Jongup mumbled, " it. I'll just stay in this bed forever." 

Junhong smiled, lying down next to him. "Thank you for tonight, Jongup. It was amazing, thank you so much for taking me to this concert." 

"You're welcome. It was so much fun, this was the best day of my life." He yawned and closed his eyes. He did not intend to fall asleep, but after a little while, he was already deep in dreamland. 

Junhong lied awake for a bit longer, just looking at the older, before he got up to switch off the lights. Crawling underneath the blanket, he also covered Jongup with it. Then, he took off his own pants and shirt before trying to sleep himself. 

After a while, Jongup woke up from something moving around him and he realized there was a hand on his stomach, softly caressing his skin. 

"Zelo?" he mumbled, looking at the silhouette of the younger next to him. 

"Shh" the latter breathed. "Sorry, didn't want to wake you up." 

"It's okay... Why don't you sleep though?" 

Junhong sighed. "I can't... I can't stop thinking about stuff..." He scooted a bit closer to Jongup, wrapping his arm around the older's waist. 

"Thinking about what? Do you want to talk about it?" 

The younger shook his head. "I don't know... I just..." he took a deep breath. ", I can't handle this" he said and leaned over, kissing Jongup. 

 "Do you still want me back?" he asked as they had broken the kiss. 

"That's all I ever wanted" Jongup whispered. "If you will give me a second chance, I will prove you how much you mean to me. I will never hurt you again." 

"Then I'm yours." Junhong said and leaned in again. 

"Thank you..." Jongup closed his eyes and lied his head back, while Junhong moved down to his neck, softly kissing his skin. 

The younger's hands pulled up his T-shirt and ran all over his body, while his lips worked on Jongup's neck. 

"I want you so bad right now baby" he whispered and pulled the shirt off of Jongup's body. "Are you in?" 

"Why are you even asking?" The older moaned as Junhong's lips attached to his collar bone, leaving a hickey there. "Of course I am." 

... 

Jongup woke up the next morning, seeing Junhong in the middle of the room, putting on his clothes from the day before. He grinned and sat up. 

"Finally I can tell you that you look so hot like this" he said, making the younger turn around, smiling. 

"Thanks, baby." he crawled on the bed, over to Jongup, where he knelt down. "I love you." 

"I love you too." Jongup responded and they kissed for a short moment, until the older's phone buzzed and a new message popped up. 

"Jae says he can't pick us up from the station but Daehyun will do that instead." 

"Oh, alright." Junhong said, "Then at least we can chill at my place. If you want to of course." 

"Sure, I'd love to. You have no idea how much I've missed you..." 

"Oh, I think I do. Although I was super mad at you, I still missed you like hell. If I hadn't, i would have never given you another chance, because I usually don't do that, but with you I just felt like I would regret if I didn't..." 

"Well, I'm glad you did. I'll do better from now on, I promise." He kissed the boy's cheek. "You make me so happy..." 

An hour later they left the hotel and made their way to the train station. After a few meters, Jongup glanced over to Junhong, who was walking next to him. The younger had his bag in the right hand, his left one - the one on Jongup's side - was free.

Carefully, Jongup reached out and took the boy's hand with his own. Junhong looked at him in surprise and smiled, not saying a word, but Jongup knew this had made the younger happy. He probably had not expected Jongup to do this in public, but the older wanted to show him that he was not afraid of it anymore.

The train ride was silent most of the time, since both of them were still pretty tired, Jongup spent it mostly leaned against Junhong, sleeping. Junhong could not sleep though, he kept looking at his boyfriend, finally feeling like the hole in his chest had disappeared. He laid his hand on the older's thigh, slowly caressing it with his thumb.

Finally, it seemed like Jongup was in peace about all this. But would he also be comfortable around people he knew?

...

"Hey boys, how was the concert?" Daehyun greeted them as they got into his car.

"It was amazing!" Junhong said, "The best night of my life."

His brother chuckled. "That's great. Jongup, should I take you home or to our place?"

"I'll come with you if you don't mind."

"Of course not."

Arriving at their home, Junhong immediately dragged Jongup to the kitchen and opened the fridge.

"I'm starving!"

"I have some scrambled egg left from breakfast, you can have it but I'm afraid it's not enough for two... Jongup, what do you want to eat?"

"Oh, I don't need anything, thanks. I had a sandwich earlier."

Zelo, who had already gotten the plate of scrambled egg, frowned.

"But I feel bad if you don't eat anything" he said and put a bit of the egg on a spoon. "Eat."

Jongup laughed as the younger shoved the spoon in his face, and opened his mouth, eating the egg. "Are you happy now?"

Junhong nodded with a satisfied smile. "Now I don't feel bad anymore."

"God you two are so cheesy.... You'd make such a good couple." Daehyun said and left the kitchen.

The two looked at each other and Jongup chuckled. "If he knew..."

"He probably will know sooner or later." said Junhong and took a bite of the egg.

Jongup nodded. "Are you gonna tell him?"

"No, I'm not the person to go and tell people. If they notice, they notice. But if you wanna tell him, I won't hold you back."

Jongup shook his head. "Nah, I think your way of handling it is pretty good. Let's just do it this way."

Junhong smiled and put his now empty plate at the sink. "What about Youngjae?"

"He knows anyways that I'm gay. But I bet he'll want to know how this weekend went."

"Oh? You told him?"

"Yeah, a while ago."

Junhong sat on the kitchen table, looking at the other in excitement. "How did he react?"

"Well" Jongup cleared his throat, "It turned out he already knew... Also he knew about us, because... Because he heard us the night at the party."

The younger jumped off the table and laughed, hugging his boyfriend. "Ow, well that's a plot-twist."  

"Wow, how can you be so chill about the fact that he heard us ? I was so embarrassed when he told me..." Jongup mumbled and looked down.

"Aw, you're adorable..." Zelo kissed him on the cheek, then he yawned. "Tiredness is coming back... I need to catch some Zzz's, what about you?"

"Me too. Didn't get too much sleep last night, thanks to you." He playfully hit the boy's arm.

They went to Junhong's room, undressed down to their underwear and lied down, tightly hugging each other. Minutes later, they were already asleep.

It was in the late afternoon, when they were woken up by a door slamming shut.

"IT IS NOT MY FAULT THAT YOUR SON DECIDED TO BECOME A PUNK" a female voice yelled, "I RAISED DAEHYUN RIGHT, HE NEVER DOES ANYTHING WRONG, YOU ARE THE ONE RESPONSIBLE THAT JUNHONG IS MESSED UP!"

"OH YEAH? WHO ALLOWED HIM TO LISTEN TO ROCK-BANDS? THAT WAS YOU! BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE THE THE GUTS TO TELL A CHILD WHAT'S RIGHT OR WRONG! YOU MESSED UP MY SON, HE'S RUINING HIS WHOLE LIFE BECAUSE OF YOU!" a man shouted back.

"YOU BROUGHT HIM INTO OUR RELATIONSHIP, YOU SHOULD HAVE GIVEN HIM AWAY, I NEVER WANTED ANOTHER KID!"

"DO YOU THINK I WANTED HIM? JUNHONG WAS AN ACCIDENT, BECAUSE OF HIM MY LAST MARRIAGE ENDED! AND NOW YOU'RE TRYING TO TELL ME ITS MY FAULT?"

"STOP IT! BOTH OF YOU!" Suddenly, Daehyun's voice was there, followed by a door closing, and the voices disappeared.

Jongup opened his eyes and saw Zelo hiding his face in the pillow. His fists clenched the fabric of the sheets tightly, his whole body was shaking. Then, the boy sobbed. He clearly tried to stay quiet, he didn't want Jongup to notice that he was crying, but the older had already scooted closer to him.

"Junhong..." he whispered, "its okay..."

The younger shook his head and kept crying into the pillow. Jongup sighed softly and let his hand caress Junhong's back.

"Look at me... Please, baby..." he made another attempt, and eventually, Zelo turned around, avoiding to look him in the eyes.

Immediately, Jongup wrapped his arms around him and pulled him closer, holding him tightly to his chest while the boy could not hold it back anymore.

Jongup closed his eyes and kept his back and the messy, blonde hair, while whispering comforting things to make the younger calm down.

It was a situation they had never been in before - Jongup holding the other. Usually, it would be the other way around since Junhong was the more dominant and confident one, but right now, all this didn't matter.

"It's always because of me" the boy then mumbled, when he managed to form words. "All the fights are because of me... They don't want me, they never did... When my mom... Dad's ex wife... Found out about the pregnancy, she wanted to have an abortion... But it was too late... So she had to get me... And then left dad alone with me because she didn't want me... The only reason he didn't give me away was because his mother told him, if he did she would disown him, but he always hated me because mom left him... And now my step mom hates me too for being the way I am..." he sobbed again and tightened the grip on Jongup's shoulders. In that moment, it knocked on the door and Daehyun came in, looking angry but worried.

"Hey... Sorry you had to hear that, Jongup. It's pretty complicated lately." He sat down next to them and softly touched his brother's arm. "Junnie, you know they don't mean it, right?"

Eventually, the younger sat up and wiped the tears off his face. "Of course they do. It's always the same, they go through this at least once a week and they know I can hear it. They mean every single word. They don't want me and that's the truth."

Daehyun sighed and hugged him for a moment. "But I do. You're my brother and I love you and I could not wish for a better brother ever. They don't see what an amazing son they have."

The blonde took a shaky breath. "Thank you, Dae..." He carefully took Jongup's hand. "Let's go somewhere else... I need to get out of here for a while."

...

It had started to rain, so the two had went to Jongup's place, where they now sat in the living room, playing video games. 

After a while, Junhong dropped the controller onto the sofa and closed his eyes. "Jonguppie... i can't stop thinking about earlier... About my parents..." he sighed. "What's wrong with me that they don't love me? At least dad... I'm his son but he treats me like... I don't know... Why is it my fault that they had me?" 

Jongup leaned his head against the younger's shoulder and took his hand. "It's not your fault. I don't know what's going on in your father's head but he acts totally stupid. I would be the happiest dad ever if I had a son like you. You're so precious, Junnie and I want you to always remember that. Even if they don't love you, Dae does and I do, too. And I am happy that you exist." He leaned in for a kiss, just when they heard the front door. 

"Oh my god" Youngjae said when he entered the room and saw the scene. "You two are the most adorable couple I've ever seen." 

"Thanks, Jae." Junhong giggled, when he pulled back. 

Jongup's cheeks were a bit red, but he smiled and glanced over to Junhong. The boy looked super happy, unlike a few minutes ago when he had the problems with his parents in mind and Jongup was happy that he changed that. 

"So, did you tell Dae about this?" Youngjae then asked and sat down next to them. 

"I don't think so" Junhong said, "But who knows. I didn't think you knew either." He laughed and Jongup groaned at the memory of Youngjae finding out about them. 

Youngjae grinned. "True. Talking about it, he texted me he wants you home, dinner is ready and as it seems you two weren't answering your phones." 

Zelo checked his phone and noticed three missed calls and several messages from his brother. "Oh, he's being annoying." he grinned. "I guess I'll get going then. See you tomorrow~" He kissed Jongup once again, then he left the apartment. 

When the front door closed, Youngjae looked at his cousin. "So, the weekend was a success I see. I'm really happy for you two~" 

Jongup smiled. "Yes... It was amazing, he forgave me and we made up and I'm so happy..." 

"That's great. So can I make my jokes from now on?" 

"Oh, Jae... Yes, make as many jokes as you like. It's fine."  

The older laughed and hugged him. "Thanks, Jonguppie. Oh, and by the way..." He smirked, "Dae knows about you guys. When he texted me to send Zelo home, he told me to 'be careful when I enter your room', because I might see things I don't wanna see." 

"God, what's wrong with you guys? Is that all you think we do?" 

The answer was a giggle. "Well, kind of?" 

"Oh, shut up." Jongup grumbled and hit the other. One second later, he found himself being tackled down on the couch by his cousin, who hugged him tightly. 

"But seriously, I am so happy for you. You seem really happy with him, that's amazing and I believe you two will have an amazing relationship. You really are an amazing couple." 

"Thank you, Jae. You're the best~"