The Beginning

RM FANMEET IN SEOUL 2019.....and the story before and after (Short Chaptered Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Today will be the first day of their practice for the Running Man fan meet which will be held in Korea. Ever since their appearance nine years ago, they never have any fan meet in Korea. All were held in other countries. Since this is the first time they will do it in Korea, the production team has decided to prepare something more special for the Korean fans. One of it was the group intense dancing which will be taught by the professional dance choreographer, Lia Kim.

While travelling to the dance studio, Ji-hyo had expressed her worrisome about their new task to her secret boyfriend, Jong Kook who is also the permanent cast of the Running Man since their first episode.

“Oppa, I’m really stress with this new assignment. Why can’t we just do it like we usually do in the fanmeet? Can’t we just sing altogether?”

“Hmm….You know this is the first time we are having a fan meet in Korea. They’ve been supporting us for a long time. Of course the production want us to make it a bit special,” Jong Kook explained.

“But still, why the whole team needs to dance? They can just pick those who can dance to do it like Haha oppa, you, Se Chan and So Min. Why need to make the whole team dance? What can I and Suk Jin oppa show besides humiliating ourselves?”

“Waaa……This is so not like you, Ji-hyo ah……..Why are you becoming not confident of yourself? I actually believe that you can do it.”

“Oppa, have you not seen the choreography? You know the only dance I know is “Hot Issue”.”

Jong Kook then slowly grabbed Ji-hyo’s hand, trying to calm her.

“I’m sure they’ll teach you until you can make it. Hey, maybe this is a good start for you to learn other dance than ‘Hot Issue’, don’t you think?”

“You are not helping here…….” Ji-hyo replied, pouting.

“Hahahaha….Okay…..Why not, let’s just go thru today and see how the practice goes, huh? I’m so sure once you get the choreo, you’ll be excited for the next step. Dancing is actually fun, you know? And it can actually help you to lost weight too……”

Ji-hyo tried to free her hand from Jong Kook’s hold, feeling angry with Jong Kook’s statement.

“Yah! Yah! I’m driving here,” Jong Kook reminded Ji-hyo when she tried to free her hand. “What? Did I say anything wrong?”

“Are you trying to say that I’m heavy just now?”

“What? Ahhhh……..But I never meant it for you, Ji-hyo ah……It’s generally for everyone……”

Ji-hyo threw her view outside, sulking.

“Ji-hyo ah, okay I’m sorry okay? But I never meant to say you’re heavy or anything like that. You know, you are becoming too sensitive lately. Is there anything you wanna share with me?”

Ji-hyo sighed alone.

“………….Nothing………..”

“Look……..You know you can share anything with me right? Even if it’s about me, you know I’d rather we talked it out than keeping it inside you……..”

“……N-neh…..I know…….It’s okay, oppa…..Let’s just get the job done……”

“Okay…….Don’t worry too much, will you? I will surely help you……Okay?”

“Okay…..”

 

After few minutes of their opening for the Running Man show, the dance trainer entered the studio. Introducing herself as Lia, they watch the dance video together before Lia giving out her briefing about what’s going to happen until they finally completed the dance steps.

Feeling hyper, Jong Kook actually stated that he likes someone like Lia who’s so energetic and full of confidence. He didn’t realize that his statement has actually makes Ji-hyo feels bitter and became much lower confidence. But Ji-hyo keeps playing cool by smiling and pretending that she’s enjoying the dance class.

The choreography that Lia created actually has an intermission where there’ll be a couple, man and woman dancing in partner. The choreo was quite intimate which whoever were picked will need a lot of courage to perform it in front public.

Ji-hyo was quite worried when she watched the video especially knowing that there’s only two women among them. So either she or Somin will definitely be picked. She was hoping that Somin will be picked since Somin dance well than her.

And her wish came true. Somin was picked to take the ladies part. But Ji-hyo couldn’t feel relieved the moment Jong Kook’s name was picked to be partnered with Somin. She tried really hard to hide her frustration by smiling widely but deep inside she feels like exploding. She knew that she has to be professional since this is work but she couldn’t pretend as if she was happy especially Jong Kook is her boyfriend. How can she be okay when Jong Kook will be holding other women and for many people to watch? It really makes her almost going crazy.

“Okay……So now, Jong Kook and Somin will dance the couple dance. When dancing as a couple, it’s really important that you trust your partner. So Kim Jong Kook-ssi, you need to trust Somin and Somin need to trust Jong Kook to hold her…….” Lia explained.

“Haaaa…..Oppa, you better hold me properly……Arachi?” Somin warned Jong Kook.

“N-neh! Of course! I will take care of you, Somin ah. Just trust oppa, n-neh?” Jong Kook replied.

“Wooooo…….Someone’s playing gentle today,” the other boys shouted making Jong Kook and Somin blushed. “Be careful, Somin ah……Someone may fall in love today,” Haha shouted.

Ji-hyo could only fake her smiles while hurting inside.

When Suk Jin was teasing saying that Somin is actually heavier than she looks, Jong Kook defended by saying Somin wasn’t heavy at all and everyone was cheering for them.

There was a part where Somin needs to wrap her arms around Jong Kook’s neck, looking into each other’s eyes and later she needs to wrap her legs around Jong Kook’s hips. It really look intimate that even Somin felt shy to do it. But surprisingly, Jong Kook looks cool and excited to try it out which makes Ji-hyo wondered if Jong Kook is really enjoying his partnership with Somin. It’s as if he didn’t remember that Ji-hyo had been watching the two of them the whole time. Ji-hyo couldn’t help but feeling really upset.

That day after practice, Ji-hyo refused to go back with Jong Kook and asked her manager to pick her up. She said she was too tired and just wanna go home and sleep. Jong Kook accepted her reason since he’s also tired because it’s their first day of dance practice.

 

The next day, Ji-hyo came to the practice also with her manager. Jong Kook did not suspect anything because they have promised to keep their relationship from other people’s knowing. If they came together again, people will probably start noticing something.

Though Jong Kook did not think if there’s anything wrong in their relationship, he did realized that Ji-hyo seems like avoiding him. And for Ji-hyo to play around with Kwang Soo and other people but him, he sensed something was off. But he knew he needs to wait until after the class to talk with Ji-hyo about it.

During the class, Jong Kook tried to tease Ji-hyo a bit and she smiles at his jokes. So Jong Kook take back his bad assumption towards his girlfriend. He felt like there’s nothing he needs to worry at all.

 

Still, after the class, he decided to go and meet Ji-hyo at her house. Ji-hyo was surprised to see Jong Kook at her door.

“Oppa, what are you doing here?” she asked tiredly and just let Jong Kook to come in.

“Just………wanna spend time with you……..” Jong Kook answered, closing the door behind him.

“Oppa, I’m tired……Aren’t you tired?”

“Of course I am……That’s why I’m here……to get my vitamin…..”

“Mwuh? When did you left your vitamin here? I never saw anything that belongs to you here……” Ji-hyo said, taking her seat on the couch.

Jong Kook take a seat next to her. Then, he slowly leaned towards Ji-hyo’s shoulder and took her hand in his.

“You are my vitamin, Ji-hyo ah………”

Ji-hyo chuckled.

“Chih! Stop being a sweet talker will you? Just tell me what you want.”

“This…….is what I want……..being alone with you……..It’s always calming when we’re alone like this………”

Of course Ji-hyo likes it too to be alone with Jong Kook. But thinking how Jong Kook acted when they were at the dance practice reminded her of the pain she endured. So she suddenly pushed Jong Kook from her and let go of Jong Kook’s hand.

“Oppa, I’m really tired…….Make yourself at home……..I’m going to my room now……” Ji-hyo said to Jong Kook, toneless. She stands up, going to her room.

But Jong Kook already pulled her back, making her fall down onto Jong Kook’s lap.

“Arghhhh!! Oppa!” Jong Kook yelped.

Jong Kook wrapped his arms around Ji-hyo’s waist.

“Tell me what is it,” he asked.

“What is it what?”

“Your feelings are a little bit off with me. Why? What have I done?”

“………Nothing…….You are just being delusional………”

“I know when my girlfriend is upset with me and that’s not delusional.”

“Then just think whatever you want. Now let me go, oppa.”

“Shiro! Not until you tell me why are you being cold with me.”

Ji-hyo knew Jong Kook will not let her go until she answer his questions.

“Was it because of Somin?” Jong Kook guessed.

Ji-hyo’s body stiffen.

“Ji-hyo ah, we’ve talked about this over and over again. Do we have to talk it out every time I need to work with Somin?”

Somehow Ji-hyo felt more upset now that Jong Kook seems like scolding her.

“Fine……Then let’s not talk about anything, okay?” Ji-hyo replied, hardly trying to control herself from crying in front of Jong Kook. She knew she’s supposed to be stronger especially when people were calling her the ‘Ace’ of Running Man. But she still have feelings. And she’s still fragile as a women no matter how tough she portrayed herself. To swallow all the pain on her own is just too much for her.

Jong Kook tighten his embrace and leaned onto Ji-hyo’s back.

“I’m sorry……..I’m so sorry, okay?” Jong Kook apologized, didn’t wanna create any problem between them.

Ji-hyo did not respond. Actually she’s just afraid if she burst out in front of Jong Kook.

“Ji-hyo ah, I’m not angry at you. I got it if you’re upset with me. But you knew that it was just work, right?”

“If that’s what you say, then it is what it is…..” Ji-hyo still refused to let Jong Koo know her frustration.

“Ji-hyo, please. You need to let me know what is wrong……How can I amend myself if you never told me what you were upset about?”

“……..Oppa, I’m………I’m really tired right now…….Let’s talk again when we’re both in a much better condition, n-neh?” Ji-hyo still refused to discuss the matter with her boyfriend.

“No! I want to talk about it now………Please, Ji-hyo ah………It’s killing me inside…….Please tell me…….” Jong Kook begged.

Ji-hyo didn’t know why she couldn’t open herself about her feelings. Instead, she took Jong Kook’s hand and start playing with his fingers.

“…………You have such a big hand and long fingers, oppa……..” Ji-hyo tried to change subject.

“Song Ji-hyo!” Jong Kook called out, almost scolding his girlfriend.

After few minutes of silence, Ji-hyo finally open .

“………..You two look so lovely together……….” She started, still playing with Jong Kook’s hand.

“Ji-hyo ah………”

“You ask me to speak up, right? Just let me, oppa……..You’ll have your chance later…….”

Jong Kook didn’t know how to respond. But he fulfilled Ji-hyo’s request by staying quiet.

“……….Everyone is cheering for you two………You both look like a real couple………..Even the instructor…….the dancers were cheering for both of you……..I’m not surprise…….Coz you look happy yourself……..”

“Ji-hyo ah……”

Ji-hyo slowly unwrapped herself from Jong Kook and stood up.

“I’m never good at anything, oppa…….I always know that…….” Ji-hyo walked towards the big glass window where she can see the view outside.

Jong Kook quickly came behind and wrapped her in his hands.

“You are wrong! You are good in every way, Ji-hyo ah…..You don’t know how much impact you’ve given in my life…….” Jong Kook convinced Ji-hyo, kissing all over her hair. “Ji-hyo ah, I’m sorry……..I’m sorry that I make you sad……I’m sorry, Ji-hyo ah……….”

“………..Oppa………do you still love me?.....”

Jong Kook was definitely surprised with Ji-hyo’s question. He released Ji-hyo and turned her around to face him.

“What kind of question was that?” he asked, both hands holding Ji-hyo’s arms.

“Just……a general question…….You don’t have to freak out……” Ji-hyo replied, emotionless.

“How can I not freak out? You asking me that question is just same as you didn’t believe my love for you anymore……Ji-hyo ah, I love you….I really love you….Please don’t doubt my feelings towards you, Ji-hyo ah……..”

Ji-hyo look at the hands holding her arms and then look up at her boyfriend, giving out her small smiles.

“…………I love you too, oppa………..”

“Then why are you avoiding me? Why are you distancing yourself from me?”

“Because…….I don’t wanna make things awkward……..for you……for other people…….for everyone…….….Everyone seems happy with what’s going on with you and Somin…………and I’ve tried to be happy for you too……I swear I’ve tried so hard, oppa…….But I………I can’t fake my true feelings when it comes to you……..” Ji-hyo confessed, tears slowly flowed from her eyes. “How can I be happy when my boyfriend is happily hugging other woman?...........How can I be excited when other woman wrapped her legs around my boyfriend’s waist while he’s carrying her? Call me jealous or stupid or whatever………………..But it really hurt me, oppa……..………..It hurt me so much…………….” Ji-hyo cries louder. “……..And the fact……..that I can’t talk about it……….with anybody……….is killing me, oppa………….I can’t do anything……….but keep it alone………..inside here…….” Ji-hyo pointed to her chest.

Jong Kook was speechless. It never occurred to him that his actions with Somin has deeply hurt Ji-hyo. He thought Ji-hyo understood that everything is purely work. Seeing his girlfriend crying out like that is hurting him too. So he pulled Ji-hyo to his chest and wrapped his arms around, embracing his loved ones.

“……….I’m sorry, Ji-hyo ah………I’m so sorry…..for hurting you indirectly………I was focusing too much towards the choreo that I didn’t realized that you were hurting alone……….You were laughing together when the others were teasing me and Somin which makes me thinks that you were okay with it too………I never thought……..gosh, I’m so stupid……….I’m sorry, Ji-hyo ah………Please forgive me………Please………” Jong Kook pleaded while Ji-hyo’s back to calm her.

“It’s……driving me crazy, oppa……..I……..I don’t know how long……..I can hold myself…….” Ji-hyo keeps crying.

“Just a little bit more, Ji-hyo ah…..Just hold on for a bit longer………If it’s only between us, I can at least secretly avoid Somin…..But for this fanmeet, there were so many people involved……..I can’t ruin it coz everyone’s work

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter