D-Day

RM FANMEET IN SEOUL 2019.....and the story before and after (Short Chaptered Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Two and a half months passed by just like that. Now there’s only left two weeks before the concert. But today and tomorrow, all of them were given rest days. So Ji-hyo thought of treating her boyfriend some good food. She bought all the tasty food and plans to surprise her boyfriend at his home. She called Jong Kook’s manager to confirm of Jong Kook’s whereabout.

“Gap Jin oppa, annyeounghaseyo……It’s me, Ji-hyo……”

“Oh, Ji-hyo ah……”

“Sorry to disturb you, oppa. I just wanna check with you if Jong Kook oppa has any schedules today or if he’s at home.”

“Jong Kook hyung? Err………He’s not at home……He…….has something to do today……..”

“Ah jinja? I thought he’s resting at home.”

“Erm….No……He needs to finish something before you guys starts practice again…….”

“I see…………What’s that noise behind you? Are you with him now?.......” Ji-hyo asked when she heard the background sound.

“That……That’s from TV……..I’m not with Jong Kook hyung right now…….But I’ll fetch him when he’s done…….”

“Ohh…..Okay…..It’s okay then, oppa……”

“N-neh!........Err do you want me to pass your message?”

“A-ni! No need, oppa. Please don’t tell him that I was looking for him. Hehe…….”

“Ah….Okay….”

“Okay, oppa. Thanks.”

Line disconnected. But something is fishy in Ji-hyo’s mind when Gap Jin seems stuttering to answer her questions. What’s weird is when she definitely heard Jong Kook and Somin’s voice at the back. But today is supposed to be their rest day. Why would Jong Kook and Somin be together? And if it’s true, why would Gap Jin lie that he’s not with Jong Kook?

Ji-hyo didn’t feel good about this. So she starts looking for Jong Kook at the places that she thinks Jong Kook will be. She went to their studio practice but the place was totally close. And then she went to few other studios but still couldn’t find her boyfriend.

The last place she went was Lia Kim’s studio which is a bit far from the city center. She gambled and hope that her instinct is not right. She didn’t want to lost trust at Jong Kook but her mind is saying something else.

The moment she arrived, she saw Jong Kook’s car near the studio. She kept telling herself to be positive and maybe Jong Kook is practicing for his solo concert or his stage performance or anything else. She needs all the positive thinking to give her strength.

Slowly she tiptoed to the studio, didn’t want anyone else to find out. She went to the room where she heard some voices. Slowly stalking thru the small window, there he was, Kim Jong Kook with his dance partner Jeon So Min. Gone all the positive thinking that she planted in her mind the moment she saw Somin dance ily on Jong Kook’s lap. They were laughing their heart out while Ji-hyo is crying inside. She knew she had to leave before anyone finds her there.

She quickly ran towards her car and drove away. She suddenly stop somewhere and decided to text Jong Kook, just to see if he’s gonna tell her the truth.

Ji-hyo              : Oppa, where are you?

Jong Kook       : At the gym.

Ji-hyo              : Okay.

 

The short lie from Jong Kook is already enough to torn her apart. Why? Why would he lie to her when they’ve promised that they’ll be transparent to each other? And the scene of Somin on her boyfriend’s laps is just unforgiven. How could he do that? While Ji-hyo was crying her heart out, she received another text from Jong Kook.

Jong Kook       : What’s up, yeobo? Anything?

Now Ji-hyo felt disgusted that Jong Kook still try to play the ‘innocent boyfriend’ character. After she calms down a bit, she continue to drive home. She already plans to act naturally in front of Jong Kook. She didn’t plan to confront him coz she already made her decision.

 

 

 

Today is the rehearsal of Running 9 Fan Meeting. Everyone was working really hard to make it happen.

For the opening, they will sing BTOB – Only One For Me with one by one coming out during their part. The first to start singing is Kwang Soo, followed by Haha. And when it’s Ji-hyo’s turn to come out, she had the problem of timing her appearance on stage. Luckily Jong Kook was at the other side of the stage giving her the cue of when to come out. Jong Kook was next to come out after Ji-hyo.

When all four of them were on the stage, Jong Kook kept looking at Ji-hyo almost like he’s dedicating the song or the lyrics to her especially during the part ‘You are the only one for me’. Ji-hyo couldn’t hide her shy smiles but only the two of them knew what was happening between them.

While they were walking out to the back stage for the other four to take the stage, Jong Kook jokingly asked Ji-hyo “Should we hold hands?”. Ji-hyo automatically hit his shoulder making Jong Kook laughing hard. While Haha at the back was wondering what’s going on with the two of them.

“Yah! What was that?” he asked Jong Kook. “ Are you two together?”

“Hahahah....Aniya....I was wondering if we should give something for the fans to scream hysterically.......So I thought maybe I should hold hands with Ji-hyo to make everyone excited......” Jong Kook answered.

“Ohh....Ohh....Hyung, that’s not a bad idea......” Kwang Soo responded.

“Yeah, hyung! I think that’s not bad........Or.....or....you can kiss Ji-hyo just before we get off of the stage,” Haha added making Jong Kook and Kwang Soo laughed altogether.

“Yah!” Ji-hyo shouted, embarrassed with Haha’s suggestion.

“Or.....Noona, you should wear crop tank top inside the jacket......And then opens the jacket just before you leave the stage.....Show them your asset, noona.....” Kwang Soo added.

“Yah!” This time both Jong Kook and Ji-hyo yelped together.

“Ahh.....mianhae.......” Kwang Soo apologized; feeling scared of Jong Kook and Ji-hyo’s expression.

“You know what….We could make it boom if Jong Kook oppa kisses Dong Hoon oppa and then to Kwang Soo. Sweet huh?” Ji-hyo suggested and walked away from them.

“What was that?” Kwang Soo asked.

“Hyung, why would she suggest something like that?”

“Hahaha…..I don’t know…..You know she could have wild imagination at times,” Jong Kook replied.

And then Kwang Soo and Haha keep whispering to each other.

“Hyung……you are okay right?”

“Yeah…Of course….Why?”

Kwang Soo suddenly hold Jong Kook’s hand.

“Hyung…..” he called and they both stared at each other.

Jong Kook finally understand what Kwang Soo is trying to do so he decided to play along. He suddenly bring Kwang Soo’s hand to his lips and kiss it.

“Gahhh!!!” Both Kwang Soo and Haha shouted making everyone look at them.

But Jong Kook is already laughing his heart out.

Before they could talk further, they need to come out to the stage again. So the conversation were cut off right there.

 

During Hyo Chan Park’s performance, Ji-hyo is supposed to appear from the left side of the stage using the lift. It was quite high which makes Jong Kook worry especially when Ji-hyo is playing around high up there making everyone screamed.

“Yah! Stay still, Song Ji-hyo!” Jae-suk shouted and walked closer to the lift.

But Ji-hyo further by shaking the lift and jumping around making it shaking.

“Yah! Yah!” The others were screaming.

“Noona! Aish, noona!!! Can you stand still?” Kwang Soo asked.

Ji-hyo just laughed alone from her place since nobody can reach her.

“Isn’t this too high? Is it okay for her to be this high?” Jong Kook questioned the floor director.

“N-neh! It should be okay. It’s balanced and not really that high. If further up, then we would have put the railing for her to hold onto,” the FD explained.

“Aish you cowards! I’m fine up here! It feels like I’m flying…..” Ji-hyo joked.

“Yah! Stop joking! We need you for the whole performance!” Jae-suk warned.

“N-neh, abeonim!” she replied.

“Mwuh? Abeonim?’

“Hahahahha……Should I jump from here instead of going down by the lift?” Ji-hyo tested.

“A-ni!!!”

“Yahh!!!” Everyone screamed making Ji-hyo laughed harder.

“Hahahaha….Arasso!.................... Annyeoung!! Heeyahhh!!” Ji-hyo acted like she’s about to jump.

“Yah!!”

She completely lost her mind laughing her heart out seeing everyone is screaming at her. She’s satisfied.

 

 

Finally the day has come. The Running Man members will start the opening by wearing a light blue and white attire. Jong Kook however has a big problem in approving Ji-hyo’s outfit. She was wearing a white jacket with a very short light blue short with a knee-high boot. It was totally different from what she wore during full dress rehearsal. The short was the main problem for Jong Kook since it’s too short that people may even think that Ji-hyo didn’t wear anything at the bottom since the jacket covered most part of the pants.

He pulled Ji-hyo somewhere away from the others.

“Is this what you’re wearing?” he questioned.

“Yeah!” Ji-hyo answered confidently.

“Ji-hyo ah, you look like you’re half .”

“Mwuh rah goo?”

“Ji-hyo ah, you look like you didn’t wear anything at the bottom. How can you come out on the stage like this?”

“What do you mean I didn’t wear anything? I have this pants with me,” Ji-hyo explained while showing her short.

“I know that. But most part of it were covered by the jacket. People may actually think that you’re only wearing a jacket and boots.”

“I don’t think so…….Nobody seems to ask me if I wear anything below…..Which means that they saw my pants and didn’t see it the way you did……..”

“But still, I think it’s improper, Ji-hyo ah……This show is for family’s view…….You shouldn’t show anything indecent….”

“But nobody says anything about it……except you…..So maybe, you should tune your mind back so that you didn’t have a dirty mind about me……” Ji-hyo answered with seduction.

“Hahahah…..Me having a dirty mind?” Jong Kook questioned back and suddenly using one hand to pull Ji-hyo’s waist closer to him. “I’d rather be dirty with you, yeobo,” Jong Kook whispered ily, making the whole of Ji-hyo’s body blushing.

“You pabo!” Ji-hyo stresses, only for Jong Kook’s hearing. She then quickly get away from Jong Kook and leave him alone, smiling.

Jong Kook couldn’t blink an eye looking at his pretty girlfriend while they were waiting for their turn to come out.

“Oppa, don’t forget to count it for me and give me the cue to come out okay?” Ji-hyo reminded her boyfriend.

“Why are you so pretty? Who are you trying to seduce tonight?” Jong Kook asked after making sure nobody can hear them.

“What? Oppa, cut the nonsense okay……” Ji-hyo stated.

“I’m not talking nonsense. You look so pretty tonight…..With your make-up, with your hair and clothes………”

“Aishh! I better go to the other side now. Don’t forget, okay oppa?” Ji-hyo reminded again before going to the other side where she should come out.

And Jong Kook did his job by giving Ji-hyo the cue to come out. All of them was now on the stage performing their first song ‘Only One For Me’ by BTOB. Jong Kook is trying to be sneaky by looking and winking at Ji-hyo for the lyrics ‘you are the only one for me’ as if the words were meant for his girlfriend. Ji-hyo tried so hard to cover her blushing face.

 

 

 

Later on, after Hyo Chan Park’s performance, it was Jong Kook’s final performance with Haha and Gummy. Their group name was called F-Killer. They met just behind the stage when Ji-hyo came off of the stage and Jong Kook standy to come out. They were exchanging ‘good luck’ and ‘good job’ to each other. Jong Kook and Ji-hyo were the last one to greet but before Ji-hyo could say anything, Jong Kook whispered to her. “I’m singing the next song for you, darling……Listen to it carefully okay? Love you……” Then he simply walk away and pretended like nothing happen.

“Mwuh? How could he……..Arghhhh!! This is crazy……..” Ji-hyo talked alone.

 

 

Lyric RAISE YOUR VOICE

 

I listen to your voice

listen to your heartbeat

himi deureo jichil ttaedo

nae son jabajun niga isseo in my life

Don't you know neoraneun uimiga

eolmana sojunghanjireul

gyeolko kkeojiji anheul

i sesangeul balkhyeojul starlight

I listen to your voice

listen to your heartbeat

banjjagideon neo.ui nunbit ki.eokhae

Don't you know neoraneun uimiga

eolmana sojunghanjireul

gyeolko sideulji anheul

sesang jeonbunikka

Raise your voice

jogeumeun himgyeo.ulji mollado

eodubgo meolke neukkyeojil ttaemyeon

gogaereul deureobwa can you see it

bamhaneul gadeuk sunohajin byeoldeul

Wherever you go

Whatever you do

neul eonjena himi do.eojul

on sesang gadeuk bitnaneun neoya

Raise your voice

(Raise your voice)

Raise your voice

mu.eosi dallajiljin mollado

hana dul soneul jabke doendamyeon

gogaereul deureobwa can you see it

su eopsi moyeo noraehaneun byeoldeul

Raise your voice

(shining shining stars)

jogeumssik na.a jilgeora mideo

(They shine like the stars)

moduga soneul jabke doendamyeon

gogaereul deureobwa can you see it

su eopsi moyeo noraehaneun byeoldeul

 

TRANSLATION

 

I listen to your voice

Listen to your heartbeat

Even when I am tired

I have you who held my hand in my life

 

Don’t you know, the meaning of you

How important you are

It never go off

The starlight that will light up this world

 

I listen to your voice

Listen to your heartbeat

I will remember the shining gaze of your eyes

 

Don’t you know, the meaning of you

How important you are

It never withers

The world that means everything to me

 

Raise your voice

It may be a little difficult

When it feels dark and you’re far away

Raise your head, can you see it?

The night sky full of stars

Wherever you go

Whatever you do

The one who always give me strength

You, who shine the world

 

Raise your voice

(Raise your voice)

 

Raise your voice

I don’t know what may change

If we hold each other’s hand

Raise your head, can you see it?

Countless stars singing together

 

Raise your voice (Shining, shining stars)

I believe it will get better gradually (They shine like the stars)

If everyone hold each other’s hand

Raise your head, can you see it

Countless stars singing together

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter