Love Found Its Owner

RM FANMEET IN SEOUL 2019.....and the story before and after (Short Chaptered Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Ji-hyo was pacing inside her room thinking about what could have happened to her ex-boyfriend. Jong Kook would never make anyone worried no matter how bad was his problems. But now, he’s been missing without news even to his close best friend. He don’t even inform his mother his whereabouts when the fact he knew really well that his mother will be damn worried. This is so not like Jong Kook and Ji-hyo has a feeling that something bad happened to him.

While she was moving around her room, news pop up on the switched on TV. She quickly sat in front of the TV to confirm what she heard.

“……….It was said that an Asian man who was believed to be a South Korean was inside the car. He was brought straight away to the Cedars Senai Medical Center. The identification…….” The reports read.

Ji-hyo automatically grabbed her handbag but stop her move when Tiny called her.

“Oh oppa!”

“Ji-hyo, did you watch the news?”

“N-neh. Oppa, Jong Kook oppa was…….”

“Ji-hyo ah, we don’t know that yet. They didn’t have the identification…..”

“But oppa, who could it be unless…..”

“Ji-hyo ah, listen to me. I will go and confirm with the authority and I will let you know as soon as….”

“Aniya, oppa! I have to go to the hospital now….”

“But Ji-hyo ah…..”

Ji-hyo hung up the phone. She continues walking out from the hotel, taking a cab to the mentioned hospital.

 

Once arrived at the hospital, she went to the emergency section.

“Hi!.....Erm……..Korean……accident…just now….Where……” Ji-hyo tried to ask the counter.

“Korean? Accident? Oh you mean the one in the car accident? He’s in the OT now. It’ll take a while before you can see him. So I advise you to come back in the afternoon…”

“Afternoon?.......Erm…….How……How is he…….”

“His condition? When the ambulance brought him, he was really critical…..But he’s under a good care now….The doctors will do everything they can to save him….Just keep on praying, okay?”

“Mwuh? Critical?”

Ji-hyo felt as if she lost her legs. She quickly tried to sit at the nearby chairs.

“Critical? Oppa, you……A-ni! Oppa, you can’t do this to me……You have to fight and come back oppa…..” Ji-hyo talked inside her mind. She’s already shaking. This was never in her imagination.

 

She didn’t know when she moved to the main lobby and rest herself there. She also didn’t realize when she falls asleep. When she woke up, she look at her watch. Few hours already pass by. She quickly walked back to the Emergency Section.

“Hi….Is…the patient…..the Korean…..”

“Oh the Asian guy? Yeah he’s already been brought to the recovery ward.”

“Recovery? Where….?”

“At the second floor. They are monitoring his condition……”

“Thank you….”

Ji-hyo quickly get to the second floor. It was the Intensive Care Unit. She walked shakily towards the counter.

“Hi…..The Korean……”

“Korean? Oh he’s already been placed at the sixth floor.”

“Sixth floor? Not here?”

“No. His condition was abruptly showing positive signs so the doctor wants him to be at the sixth floor.”

“Positive?.......So he’s……getting……”

“He’s showing positive progress which is amazing…..”

“Oh….Oh okay….Thank you….Thank you so much……”

Ji-hyo couldn’t be happier when she heard the word positive and good progress. Now she’s running to the sixth floor. Once seeing the name Kim on the whiteboard and his room number, Ji-hyo rushed out to him.

But it broke her heart to see the person on the bed was bandaged almost the whole body. Even his face was covered up making it hard to see the owner of the body.

“Oh my God!.........Oppa………” Ji-hyo cried out walking to the bed.

Of course the person on the bed couldn’t reply.

“Oppa…..What happen to you? Why…….Oh God…..I’m so sorry……I’m so sorry, oppa……I didn’t mean it when I ask you to leave me……Oppa, please……I promise I will be good to you…..I promise I will take care of you……Oppa, I love you so much…..Please don’t leave me like this….Please, oppa…..Let’s give us another chance…...Please…….” Ji-hyo cried her heart out.

“Who are you? Why are you crying at my fiance’s bed?” An American lady approach from behind.

“Mwuh? Fiance? But……”

“This is my fiancé…….Wait a minute……Why are you crying for him? Are you his scandal or what?”

“Mwuh? Scandal?” Ji-hyo automatically forgotten her pitiful feelings and changed to anger. “Wah Kim Jong Kook……Wahhhh…...Did you really wanna play with me like this? You are begging for my love yesterday but now you have a fiancé here? Is that why you came to America with your mother? Yah Kim Jong Kook! Get up and clarify this!”

“What Kim Jong Kook?” the lady asked.

“Yah Song Ji-hyo!” someone called from behind.

Ji-hyo searched for the person that called her name and her eyes almost pop out seeing Jong Kook at the opposite bed. She didn’t know which one almost blow up, whether her embarrassment or her red cheeks.

“…..Op-pa…..You………”

“I’m right here and you are crying for someone else’s fiancé.”

“I…But…..”

“Miss, I’m sorry…..She actually got the wrong person. I’m sure your fiancé is still loyal to you, not like my girlfriend…..” Jong Kook hinted to Ji-hyo, receiving a sharp glares from her. “Yah Song Ji-hyo…..Come here and leave her fiance’s alone……”

“…….Erm….I’m sorry, miss…..I’m really sorry……” Ji-hyo apologized and walked to Jong Kook’s bed.

Once the curtain was pulled on giving them their personal space, Jong Kook couldn’t hide his laughter.

“Yah! Why are you laughing? You think this is funny?” Ji-hyo angered out.

“A-ni! This is not funny. But you are…..hahahah…..”

“Did you know how worried everyone was when you go missing like that?” Ji-hyo still being serious.

“……Okay look, I’m sorry okay….I don’t even know what happened to me…..I woke up and only realized that I’m here……”

“What did you do that you hurt yourself like this? And you had your leg and hand bandaged…..What on earth did you do, oppa?”

“I don’t know……I just…..went to the gym…..Play all the instruments there…..And…probably fainted….I don’t know….I don’t remember…..”

“You hurt yourself at the gym? Why can’t you leave your gym for a second? You know what, I’m gonna burn all the gym that you went to…….” Ji-hyo threatened.

“Hahahaha….Yah! Don’t you think you’re too cruel?.......”

“You are worst than me…..You got your mother worried….And Tiny oppa…..And…..”

“What about you?”

“Me?”

“I guess you’re too worried that you didn’t even read the name at the door or at the bed huh?”

Ji-hyo felt embarrassed again for acting silly.

“Oppa, if you tell anyone what just happened, I swear I’m gonna inject botox to your lips and chest so that you have a huge lips and s like a woman.”

“Hahahahahha…..Yah! How dare you threatened a patient hah?”

“Oh you know I’m good at threatening people….I can even threaten Donald Trump if I want….”

“Hahahahah…Yah! Did you get a virus or what ever since coming here? Okay…I’ll keep my mouth shut okay? Now look…..I’m sick…..And I miss you so much……..Don’t you think I deserve a hug, Song Ji-hyo?”

“A-ni….I don’t wanna get infected…..”

“Infected with what? Yah! It’s not like I’m suffering from a virus or what…….”

“Oh yes you are…..You are infected with ‘pretty Ji-hyo’ virus……It’s hard to cure……” Ji-hyo joking.

“Hahahahahha….Yah naughty girl…..Come and hug me please……”

“Shiro!” Ji-hyo pouted making a cute face.

“Aishhh…..Fine…..Then I’ll go to you…….Arghhhh!!” Jong Kook screamed the moment he tried to get off the bed.

“What are you doing? Are you crazy? You are a patient, so act like one………Aishh…..” Ji-hyo nagged while trying to help Jong Kook comfort again on the bed.

“Then hug me will you?”

Ji-hyo shake her head ‘no’. “You smell like hospital, oppa……” Ji-hyo joke again.

“Kure…..I get it now……I’m smelly, dirty……Then you should just leave, before you smells like hospital too…….Maybe if my condition is like that guy there, then I would be luckier to……”

Before Jong Kook could finished his words, Ji-hyo already hug him.

“Please don’t hurt yourself anymore, oppa………Please promise me this will never happen again……” Ji-hyo said without looking at Jong Kook.

“Will you promise that you’ll be with me again, Ji-hyo ah?”

Ji-hyo stunned a bit with Jong Kook’s words. She pushed herself a bit to sit up straight, facing Jong Kook.

“Oppa………”

“I know I shouldn’t have ask you this……But Ji-hyo ah…….I just can’t live without you……Can’t you see what happen to me the moment we broke up? Please, Ji-hyo ah…….” Jong Kook pleaded with pity eyes.

“Let’s see how things are going to be after you get better, hmm?”

Jong Kook didn’t like Ji-hyo’s answer. He really thought Ji-hyo will change her mind with his recent condition but it seems like Ji-hyo wouldn’t budge from her decision. It hurt Jong Kook more than his actual injury.

“Jong Kook ah…..what happen to you?”

Jong Kook didn’t realize how long he’s been staring at his girlfriend that he didn’t notice his mother has arrived with Tiny.

“Oh eomma……I’m okay…..” Jong Kook assured.

“Yah Kim Jong Kook! How could you do this to us huh?” Tiny spoke up.

“Haha…..Sorry, man…..Things just happened….Even I can’t remember what happened that day….” Jong Kook explained.

“So what did the doctor said?”

“I sprained here and there, some broken tissues…..but it’s not too serious….I just need to rest…..and not stress…..”

“Good! So you better follow that, man,” Tiny said.

“Yeah I know……Sorry to trouble you, man….”

“Nah! Things happen sometimes….I’m just….pity at your mother……She couldn’t sleep when you’re missing…..”

“Eomma, mianhae……I promise it’ll never happen again okay?” Jong Kook give his promise to calm his mother.

“You better……or don’t come back as my son……” Eomonim warned.

“Ouch! Eomma, that’s harsh…..You’re just as cruel as Ji-hyo here…..”

“That just show how important you are to us,” Jong Kook’s mother replied.

“Really? Am I that important to you, Ji-hyo?” Jong Kook tested.

“Of course…..” Ji-hyo answered without hesitate.

Jong Kook smiles widely.

“You are just as important as Jae-suk oppa, Suk Jin oppa, Kwang Soo and all the Running Man members……”

Jong Kook’s excitement dropped automatically. He thought he was special to Ji-hyo.

“Hahahaha…That’s ugly, man…” Tiny responded to Jong Kook’s expression.

“Haih, Tiny. You won’t know how hard love is until you face it yourself……” Jong Kook said.

“A-ni! Love is good as long as you don’t start lying and cheating to your partner,” Ji-hyo being sarcasm to Jong Kook.

“Arghhhh! Why? Why did I hurt my leg and hand but not my ears? This is cruel!” Jong Kook whined making Tiny laughing and the others smiling.

“So, when can you discharge?” Tiny asked.

“I don’t know. They asked me to stay for few more days but I think I’ll get sicker staying here.”

“That’s because they know you are stubborn. You will not stay still if you’re not at the hospital,” eomonim lectured.

“Eomma, are you trying to get a fight with me?”

“Aniya! But I’m so angry that you get yourself into this. You almost kill me, Jong Kook ah.”

Jong Kook felt sorry for his mother. He knew his mother must be so damn worried. But things happen beyond his control. He just need to face this.

“Eomma, I’m sorry okay? I promise I won’t make you worry anymore. Okay, eomma? Please don’t be angry at me, oh? Eomma…….pleaseeeee…….” Jong Kook begged like a little spoiled boy.

“Kure! You better not let things like this happen again.”

“Yes, madam!” Jong Kook being playful. “Oh Tiny ah, can you try to ask the doctor if I can discharge today?”

“You wanna discharge today?”

“Yes…..I don’t want to stay here coz someone said I smell like hospital,” Jong Kook hinted to Ji-hyo making Ji-hyo glared at him.

“You smell like hospital?” Jong Kook‘s mother repeated and tried to smell Jong Kook. “Aniya! You didn’t smell bad. It’s probably because of the medicine and all…..”

“Well eomma, rich people only can smell Gucci, Chanel, Estee Lauder……They can’t stand the smell of hospital…..”

“What? Did they think if they were hospitalized, their hospital will spray Calvin Klein perfume?” Jong Kook’s mother lectured.

Jong Kook could only laugh at this point while Ji-hyo bit her own lips in anger. Tiny already went out to find the doctor.

“Eomma, if I can go out, can you ask Ji-hyo to stay with us?” Jong Kook suggested to his mother, making Ji-hyo surprised.

“Oh ya….Ji-hyo ah, why don’t you stay together with us, hmm?”

“Err……But eomonim…..I don’t think…..it’s good to……”

“I’m gonna need some help when Tiny is not around, Ji-hyo ah. You wouldn’t expect my mother to carry me here and there right?” Jong Kook explained.

“Just….hire a personal care…or a nurse….” Ji-hyo answered.

“I already did. I hired you,” Jong Kook replied in smiles.

“Mwuh? Oppa….you can’t be…….”

“I’m not joking. You think I will simply allow other people to touch me?”

Ji-hyo is pissed with Jong Kook for trying to make her feels guilty in front of his mother.

“But oppa…..You need someone with experience to help you and I’m not the one…..”

“You are the most suitable candidate, Ji-hyo ah. You know me well…….In fact too well……Right, eomma?”

“He’s right, Ji-hyo ah. Besides, we are already like one family. I also wouldn’t feel comfortable if I need to interact with strangers at the house. Please, Ji-hyo ah. Come with us…..”

“……I…..Let’s see what the doctor said, hmm?.....” Ji-hyo tried to skip the answer.

Tiny came back after meeting the doctor.

“So?” Jong Kook asked Tiny.

“You definitely have to stay here tonight. Tomorrow, they are going to do some examinations to you, probably some X-ray,…..then only they’ll give answer on when you can be discharged.”

“Aishhhh! Tell them I don’t have money to pay for the hospital……” Jong Kook insisted.

“Hahaha…Come on, man…..It’s for your own good,” Tiny advised.

“……You know I hate hospital……” Jong Kook added.

“Oppa, can you not be stubborn? If you wish to go back early, then listen to what the doctor said. Or else you would end up keep coming here…..” Ji-hyo nagged.

Jong Kook took this chance to make a request.

“Fine! I’ll stay…..but Ji-hyo, you stay too….”

“What? Why do I have to stay?”

“Well…..coz you love me?” Jong Kook replied spontaneously making his mother and Tiny chuckled while Ji-hyo turned blushing red.

“Yah!” Ji-hyo yelp.

“What? You were the one who said I should stay here right? Then, stay with me. It’s impossible to ask my mother to stay here since there’s no bed for her to sleep. And it’s impossible to ask Tiny coz then my mom will be alone at his house. So, you’re the best option,” Jong Kook simply explain and wink at Ji-hyo. Ji-hyo is super angry right now coz she knows she can’t simply curse at Jong Kook in front of his mother.

“Ji-hyo ah, can you please accompany Jong Kook for tonight? If tomorrow he still needs to stay at the hospital, then we’ll think of someone else. But for tonight, can you stay with him?” Jong Kook’s mother requested.

“Eomonim….I don’t think I can give any help if I stay here…..I can’t speak English fluently……And I’m not that tough to carry Jong Kook oppa if he needs to go……”

“Don’t worry. I won’t ask you to do anything. I just need you to stay with me…..You know like…..a motivation to get well…….Coz you’re my vitamin……” Jong Kook said in smiles.

“Erghhh….That’s creepy, man….You are getting sicker I think,” Tiny interrupted.  

“Hahahah….You’ll be worst if you’re in love, Tiny ah….”

“I hope not…..haha…….So, it’s confirmed ya? Ji-hyo, you’ll stay?”

“Err…….” Ji-hyo still hesitate to agree. “I need to get my stuffs from the hotel….”

“Oh okay. I can send you. Eomonim can stay with Jong Kook here while we get your stuffs. I think you better just check out from the hotel and stay with us, Ji-hyo ah. You can save a lot of money,” Tiny suggested.

“Yeah….Just check out from the hotel……Why do you want to stay alone at the hotel when your husband and mother in law is here, right eomma?” Jong Kook teased Ji-hyo, knowing that Ji-hyo will get bitter with him.

“Hahahahah….Stop teasing her, Jong Kook ah……Do you want her to leave you for good?” Eomonim warned.

“Andwae!! Eomma, why would you give her that suggestion? Aishhh……Ji-hyo ah, go and get your stuffs huh? I’ll be waiting here patiently, yeobo……” Jong Kook said happily.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter