십일 (발문/새로운 시작)

Dandelion 민들레

Chocolate met cappuccino in a sly dance from opposite sides of the room.  A short vase of dandelion flowers sat on the glass table between the two.  The color of the flowers matched the color of the bright accents in the imported rug that hugged the glossy hardwood floors.

She smiled shyly and looked back to the words on the page of the book sitting in her lap.  Feeling his eyes again, she looked up once more.  He smiled, beamed even, back at her.  His nimble fingers were tightening the strings of one of his guitars.  She went back to her book, grabbing a notepad from the table.  She glanced from the book, carefully taking notes on the paper.

She heard the hollow bass note as his guitar touched the floor, heard the shifting of his clothes as he stood straight, stretched slightly, and walked to where she was sitting.  His forearms reached around her neck, his scent embracing her at the same time his arms came to rest on her shoulders.  He sighed contentedly, touching his cheek to her hair.

"I love you," He said.

Her heart stopped for a second, just the same way it had every time those words reached her ears.  It was far more than a phrase to him--it was an emotion felt whole-heartedly, an expression that meant more than she originally thought, a promise for the eternal future.

She turned her head to the side, resting it on his bicep.  She loved the moments like this.  Mindeulle sighed before his arms released her.  His warmth left her, and she looked around quizzically.  He was entering the kitchen as she got up.  She followed him mutely.

He opened the refrigerator as her arms embraced him from behind.  He jumped slightly, unaware she had entered the kitchen.  Her light laughter caught his ears, making him smile.  He would never get enough of this type of Mindeulle's music.

He turned to face her, and she looked up at him.  It wasn't a look he recognized from her; it was far too alluring and sultry.  Surprised, he barely reacted when she pulled his face to meet hers, pressing their lips together. 

He pulled her closer, one hand on the nape of her neck, the other on the hinge of her jaw.  His thumb caressed her cheek bone.  Her hands wrapped around his neck, her fingers locked in his hair.

The kiss grew hungrier, and he led her backwards until her back hit the table.  His hands traversed the curves of her petite body as her hands the collar of his shirt.  He quickly removed it as she moved to sit on the table.  Her legs hugged his body to hers, his bare skin feeling like fire.  He easily plucked her from the table, carefully carrying her down the corridor and into his bedroom, a trail of clothes marking their path.

 

He pulled the sheet over her bare skin, his knuckles tasting the skin of her shoulder blade.  There, resting beneath her flesh, he felt her wings.  Delicate, fragile, but healing.

He sighed happily, turning onto his back.  He heard the rustle of the blankets, felt her cool fingers embrace him. 

"I love you," She said.

His heart stopped for a second, just the same way it had every time those words reached his ears.  It was far more than a phrase to her--it was an emotion felt whole-heartedly, an unending thankfulness, a promise for the eternal future.

He embraced her, holding her body close to his own, feeling the cool metal band of a ring worn on her left hand against his bare skin.