Changes

Bad Dates Bad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyewon glance at the room where Wonyoung and Hitomi is sleeping, they're both sharing one bed. She sighed as she saw her lover next quietly sitting at the sofa. Eunbi with her arms crossed and brows narrowed, Hyewon didn't like this look as she can already feel what will happen next. 

"I told you it's not safe for the both of us if you keep calling me to come here." Hyewon started as she sit beside her lover, she's facing Eunbi and she rest her right elbow at the back of the sofa. 

Her lover is angry and she knows why.. Before Eunbi called her she already decided on not coming here but after hearing Eunbi's voice, traced with frustration and anger she can't help but to be with her.

"You should have told me that you're hunting her father or at least told me that he was alive." Eunbi said but still not looking at Hyewon. "She could have talked with him.." 

Hyewon sighed. She just knew about the news after Minju already killed him, she wanted to tell Eunbi this but it will sound like an excuse so she just kept quiet. 

"You people are heartless." Eunbi stated still not looking at the girl beside her. "I would have understand if Wonyoung has the same case as mine.. But aren't you guys friends before? How can you just ignore what you've been through?" 

Unlike Wonyoung and Hitomi who is friends with Minju's clique before, Eunbi is already an enemy from the beginning. She belongs in another organization planning on taking down the strongest company. But her clan lost and she's the only one who survived making her a fallen. 

She never even knew Minju's clique before, she doesn't fight because she's more into business managing. She just saw the trio (Minju, Sakura and Hyewon) when her clan was assassinated and Wonyoung and Hitomi during her time of hiding. 

This time, Eunbi looked at Hyewon. 

"Don't you feel bad on doing those? Don't you think of what will it cause the others if you keep taking the life of the people they care the most? Hyewon-ah, what's the fun thing about killing?" 

Hyewon can't speak, she can feel a lump in making her quiet. This is it... The topic that they both keep ignoring. 

"Eunbi.."

"Love, i understand you, i do.. But don't you feel anything when you kill? Sadness? Guilt? Or anything else except having fun? Why are you even doing this?" 

"L-love.. Can we not talk abou--" 

"Despair. Heartache. Loneliness. Fear. Darkness." Eunbi stated while directly looking at Hyewon's eyes. She has tears in her eyes as she stares at Hyewon. She knew that this is the topic they shouldn't touch but what happened to Wonyoung upsets her too much. She's already in a point where she forgot the things she loved about Hyewon. "Baby, we're suffering because of these emotions that you and your friends are bringing."

Hyewon sighed.

"I'm sorry.." She whispered.

Eunbi sighed too. This is not what she wanted to hear, she can't see any remorse at all. She knew that Hyewon only cares about her when it comes to the fallen and ignores the others like Hitomi and Wonyoung. 

But Eunbi knowing that she crosses the line felt bad too, she shouldn't be telling this to Hyewon, those words are for Minju. She held Hyewon's hand..

"Can't you do something about this?" Eunbi asked with trembling voice. "We can't keep on ignoring the fact, my love. I'm aware that a day will come that you will have to end me.." She stated. 

Hyewon was quiet.. 

'That day already came..' She thought as she remembers what Minju told her.. 

"Aren't your family the second in line? Don't you have the power to stop this twisted hierarchy?" Eunbi asked. 

She would have destroyed the rankings before just for Eunbi but if it's only that easy.. Minju's company is a strong opponent, it's not just twice or thrice powerful as their business but it is tenfold superior than theirs. They're unbeatable. Plus, the Mafia world exists because of this rankings. 

Eunbi keeps waiting for Hyewon's response but it looks like it would be impossible by just looking at her lover's worried face. It felt like her suggestion made a big dilemma for Hyewon, she's asking for a big change after all. 

The two was silent for a very long time until they heard a loud bang on the door and next the doorbell ringing. As always, Hyewon was alerted and pull out her gun. She gestured Eunbi to keep quiet as she slowly went near the door. But as she gets closer, she heard familiar curses that it made her think of one person so she hide her gun and opened the door slowly.

"C-chaewon.." She said as she was shocked seeing her friend out there, she was panicking on how Chaewon got here.  

"Hyewon." Chaewon called. "Unnie, what are you doing here?" She asked. 

They're both speechless at the sudden meeting that they're just looking at each other, waiting and thinking of what to say.. Until Eunbi showed up. 

Chaewon gasped so loud as she saw the woman. She even covered at what she did. Her eyes got bigger as she's giving them a 'what-the-hell-is-going-on-here-look'. 

"Kwon Eunbi?" Chaewon whispered. 

The girl on the other hand can't understand the situation. She's wondering if who was the girl in front of their apartment. She never saw this woman before.. 

"You know me?" Eunbi asked. 

"Duh! You're second on the fallen list!" Chaewon shouted, Hyewon immediately dragged her inside and closed the door and gave her an angry look. "Unnie, what's going on?!" Chaewon asked. 

"Yeah! What's going on?" Eunbi asked too. Slightly panicking on why this person know about the fallen, she concluded she is a Mafia so she's panicking. 

"She's Kim Chaewon." Hyewon answered her lover first. "Why are you here? Did you follow me here?" She then asked Chaewon seriously, Hyewon can't help but to worry. 

"Kim Chaewon?! You mean Hitomi's.."
"Someone told me that Hitomi.." 

Eunbi and Chaewon spoke at the same time but stopped when they both mentioned Hitomi's name. 

Eunbi realized who this person is.. She only heard about her but never actually saw her in person. She only heard of her from Wonyoung and Hitomi's stories and immediately she felt a sudden change of emotion. Instead of feeling scared, she felt pity for this person.. 

"So Hitomi is indeed alive?!" Chaewon asked as she noticed the situation. She's very quick to notice, by just what Eunbi said and how she reacted she already knew.. "Is she here?" Her voice cracks as she felt her tears flowing. "U-unnie.. Hii-chan.." Chaewon is having a hard time breathing as her emotions are overflowing. 

Eunbi can't help but to shed a tear seeing Chaewon breakdown. By the stories she heard, she already knew that this person loves Hitomi so much and that she's suffering from losing her.. She felt really bad as she's watching Hitomi suffer as well as she can't show herself to her when she's clearly alive. 

"Chaewon-ah.." Hyewon tried comforting her friend, but Chaewon kneels down as she's crying so hard. "Hey.. Calm down." She added as she also kneels down to face her friend. 

"Unnie.. So you knew all along?" Betrayed. Chaewon looked at Hyewon with bitterness and hate. "You saw me suffered but you just watched me and did nothing when all this time you could have saved me from my misery!" She was shouting out of anger. 

"I-I'm sorry Chaewon-ah.. I just thought it wasn't my place to tell you." Hyewon said trying to explain. She only knew of Hitomi lately she would have told her about it but she has someone she's protecting too! 

"Then who else would have told me? Unnie.. I've been in hell and you didn't bother pulling me out there.." Chaewon now is whispering losing all the energy by crying. "Why?" She asked. 

"I'm sorry, Chaewon-ah.." Hyewon apologized. Eunbi looked at her and she saw how Hyewon is also shedding tears. She never saw her lover this way, seeing her showing empathy towards her friend made her feel bad for getting angry at her awhile ago. There's something to love about her after all.. 

"Unnie.. You should've told me." Chaewon repeated. 

"I'm really sorry Chaewon-ah.." Hyewon stated as she properly kneels down to ask for forgiveness. "Forgive me for being selfish.. Forgive me for just trying to protect someone who's dearly precious to me.. Please." Hyewon cried. 

"Who are you even protecting?" Chaewon asked. Her anger subside as she saw Hyewon apologizing like this. She knew Hyewon is not someone who asks for forgiveness even though she knows that she's at fault, Hyewon was always the one who looks like she doesn't care about anyone and now she's showing a different side of her. 

"Eunbi.." Hyewon answered. "A fallen.." She added. 

Chaewon was quiet. She looked at the other girl who is crying while looking at Hyewon kneeling. 

"If i told you about Hitomi, there's a chance that Minju will know too.. And i can't risk Eunbi's life. So please understand me." Hyewon continued on explaining herself. "And if Minju also knew about Hitomi, she'll order someone to kill her again.. Just like how she keeps ordering me to kill Eunbi, because they are a fallen." She added. 

Everything makes sense to Chaewon. 

She was quiet for so long. 

"Unnie, you're betraying the empire.." She said in a  monotonous voice. "You're defending a fallen, then this makes you a fallen too." She's stating facts. 

Hyewon who can't read Chaewon's mind just bows her head. She understand if Chaewon decides to tell Minju about this. To her, Eunbi is worth fighting for so she accepts whatever punishment.. 

"If protecting her means being a fallen too.. Then i guess I'm a fallen now." Hyewon sincerely answered. 

There was a long silence between them. The CEO being lost in her own thoughts. Shocked at what she knew about her friend, how she betrays the empire because of one person. She doesn't understand how Hyewon easily abandon the life she have and even by doing this means putting his brother in danger too. 

She was conflicted but slowly the person who could make her thoughts straight and clear comes out from the shadows.. 

"Chaewon unnie?" A sweet voice interrupted the silence in the whole place. Hitomi who just woke up by the commotion awhile ago slowly step out of Wonyoung's room. As she saw the CEO, her face suspended between sadness and joy.

It takes a couple of second for Chaewon's brain taking her in, she's having a hard time to comprehend that what she's seeing is not just her memories of that person, she's alive and she's real!

Chaewon's tears started flowing again by just seeing Hitomi.

Chaewon was thinking a lot of things like.. How? What happened? Is this for real? Is she really alive? Then back to How is she alive? What happened? For real? Her brain was malfunctioning. But despite all of this, she knew that if she doesn't touch her soon she'll be losing her again. 

"Hii-chan.." She called her as she struggle to stand up to meet her, she started crawling because her knees hurts by kneeling down but soon she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter