IV- GOOD BOY

UPSIDE DOWN

IV- GOOD BOY

July 6, 2019

Weekend. I've been waiting for you to happen!

 

I smiled as I got out of the bathtub, putting my bathrobe on. I rummaged through one of my drawers, looking for the hair blower. I had a good night's sleep, my alarm didn't annoy me and the water from my bath was in perfect condition. Yesterday was a total disaster but the past has passed. Let's live on ahead! I tapped my face with both my hands. This is my first day off for a long time. I can already feel that I'll be lazing around all day after I finished cleaning the house.

 

I just finished my routine skin care for my face when I heard my front door opening. Bommie told me she wouldn't go to my house today since she’s wasted, partying last night. It couldn't be Choi too, he told me he will go back to his parents' house. Who could it be?

 

I put down my facial mask, and then opened my bedroom door. What welcomed me was a pink blob of hair. My mind slowly clicked and I abruptly closed my bedroom door, got inside the bathroom once again, locking the door.

 

What… is he doing here?

 

So many questions were on my mind. But my first natural reaction is, who in their right mind would give him the address and the key code of my house? There can only be one; as I've noticed them talking before the shoot started yesterday.

 

I look for my phone and speed dial the cause of this ruckus. I waited as it rang twice, thrice and who knows how long I've been standing at my front door while I bite my thumb.

 

Come on, pick up stupid Bommie!

 

I called her again when the teller said the subscriber cannot be reached. Another round of ringing but instead of picking up, she hung up on me!

 

My eyes grew bigger as I furiously typed on my phone as fast as I could.

 

••What are you doing?! Answer my call! Why is that ert in my house?!•• I sent the message and patiently waited for her to answer.

 

A minute had passed and still nothing. I called her back since I can't help it. This is a national emergency! My best friend's head must really be cracked for her to shove someone whom I hate down my throat. Fortunately she answered this time.

 

*Why are you calling so early?!*

 

"What are you doing? Why is that stalker guy in my house!?" I hissed at her, trying to tone down my voice.

 

It took her a few seconds to respond to my question. She must still be daydreaming as her voice was groggy when she answered.

 

*Oh that guy. You owe him a lot. Don't you remember?*

 

"How could I owe him anything? He used me yesterday!"

 

*Huh? What nonsense are you talking about?*

 

The crease on my forehead multiplied on what I'm hearing towards Bommie. What is she saying right now? This is driving me insane.

 

*I'm saying that you were out dead yesterday, you remember right? I saw you with him at break and he told me you wouldn't wake up no matter how much he shakes you. I even shouted at you but you just s your arms around his waist. The nerve of you.* she snorted on the other line. I can hear her voice mocking me like she's telling me: 'I know you better than you'.

 

I closed my eyes, trying to remember whatever happened yesterday but nothing comes to mind.

 

*I told him it's no use. I know you wouldn't budge once you get cozy with sleep. So, he had this brilliant idea of carrying on with the shoot even if you're sleeping. He suggested it to Cha. Cha was reluctant but he was knocked down after some shots.* she continued.

 

*He had to carry you everywhere. The poor guy. Do you even know how heavy you are? Though I admit the photos turned out quite well since you two had this good chemistry on cam. I'll send them to you once they print the copies. It would've turned out better if you didn't sleep. Cha sunbaenim e-* I ended the call accidentally.

 

Oh my gosh.

 

I slid down my bathroom floor, my eyes looking nowhere, my mouth hanging open. I want to bang my head in every possible corner and just crawl inside a hole. How could I sleep for hours without feeling anything?! This is insane. I'm insane. I'm also going crazy.

 

My phone vibrated. My hands shaking as I checked out Bommie's message.

 

••Why did you hang up? Oh btw, he's there because he told me he can fix your shower! Choi won’t be here until next week so I asked him. An all around guy is hard to come by. Also, didn't I owe you 5 dinner dates? He'll be my substitute. Isn't that great?! Fighting Daya! *winks*••

 

Oh, gosh.

 

No. No. No.

 

I heard a knock on my bathroom door.

 

"Hey, are you there?"

 

Panic and Daya in one sentence is world war waiting to happen. I paced back and forth inside, not knowing if I should open it or just tell him I died and drowned myself. Should I go and take a bath again? I brisk walked, closed the curtain and stood in my bathtub like a fool.

 

Another knock came.

 

"I-I-I'm pooping!"

 

What? Daya why are you doing this?! I slapped myself on both cheeks. How will I get over this crisis? Ugh, Bommie! I'm going to kill her when I see her face. How could she give away my house's password to someone I just met?!

 

"Uhh.. what?" He answered. I was combusting into fifty shades of red. I wracked my brain to come up with a better response but nothing. There's none on my hollow brain.

 

"Let me know when you're done. I'll be outside," he continued. I ran towards the door, my clumsy feet sliding from the water residue. I tried to grab anything but there's nothing to grab on to. I couldn’t help but groan out loud as my bumped on the floor, squeaking.

 

"You okay there?"

 

"Y-yeah... Go." I whispered, as I cradled my bum while whimpering. I could never live it down. My eyes wanted to cry and say nasty words.

 

"You sure?" He asked again, I nodded in response.

 

I heard a knock on the door after a few seconds. Oh yeah. The last time I checked, you can't hear a nod, Daya.

 

“Polka?”

 

I closed my eyes, turning around in shame.

 

“Y-yes. Go, go...” the words barely audible as I sat still on the bathroom floor. I heard him stepping back, my ears perked as I listened to his footsteps. I put my head close to the door trying to hear if he had gone outside. Once I heard my bedroom door clicking, I heaved a sigh of relief.

 

This is going to be a long day.

 

---------♥---------

 

It took me 30 grueling minutes to go outside of my bedroom door and face Jiro. It involved me, circling every corner of my room, praying that he'll go away. There were a few minutes as well of me looking for an escape route or jumping out of my window, down the veranda. I took a deep breath and got out. He was sitting on my couch, facing away from me as I saw his back. I tiptoed as I walked towards him, still thinking if I could get away from him.

 

"Stop lurking and sit beside me."

 

Yes Daya. You look like a fool, stop embarrassing us even more. I beg of you, self.

 

I got out of my hiding place and ever slowly glided down on his left side while facing away from his eyes. How could I even look at him when I told him those words? I don't even know how to get out of this awkward situation that I got myself into. My eyes got wide when he kneeled in front of me and lightly tapped my leg. His gesture made me look at what he's doing and tried to remove his hold by shaking them.

 

"Don't squirm. Look at what you did to your knee." He clicked his tongue then inspected my knee again while I sat there, rigid like a little kid.

 

"Where's your first aid kit?" My tongue tied lips couldn't speak any coherent words but thank heavens I muttered "bathroom", even though my brain stopped working. He stood up and left me fiddling with my hands. After a few minutes, he was back holding my box of first aid kit.

 

How could he care about me when I said hideous words to him yesterday? He even gently disinfected my wound telling me that I should be careful since my body is part of my asset as an actress. He didn't talk while mending it. I was finding enough courage to speak and just think.

 

I look at his hand, holding on to the cotton while putting betadine on it.

 

"Jiro, Jiro." My eyes landed on his fluffy hair.

 

"Hmm?" he answered, concentrating on his task.

 

"I'm... sorry."

 

"For?" His eyebrow furrowed deeper.

 

"F-for yesterday." I saw his hand stopping for a moment, his grip slightly tightening the hold on the cotton. He didn't reply to me but he gently dab the betadine on the wound.

 

"Jirooo."

 

"Talk to me please." I whined when he kept quiet.

 

I know it's my fault for saying those hurtful words to him. I could honestly understand why he doesn't want to talk about it. I mean, how could I accuse him of something he didn't do and he was just helping me out?

 

He didn't respond and just worked on my knee quietly. He got up striding inside the bathroom. I stood up as well, following him like a lost puppy. He then started inspecting my showerhead after putting the first aid kit in the cabinet. He got out of the bathroom, and was back with a tool box in his hand. I was still mimicking his shadow all through it all. He sighed, as he shaked his head.

 

"Stop following me, weirdo." He continued to inspect the shower while he tinkers it.

 

"L-let me help you then." I said, as I moved my hand towards his hand. He moved his hand away, but I am Ms. No-Giving-Up so I tried grabbing again the bar he was holding.

 

My hand landed on his chest making me panic, so I flail my arms like a madman, hitting the showerhead in the process. It came tumbling down, my face fell on different kinds of whatnot. I grabbed it, but then my other clumsy hand just stupidly and unbelievably opened the water in the process.

 

Oops.

 

The water flowed everywhere; I saw it with my own two eyes. I'm already combusting into shame as my hand gripped onto the shower head on my left arm, while my other hand is trying to stop the water from making any more mess. In return, the water just sprayed even more in my face. The water got on my mouth and nose. It's fine, I'm kind of thirsty right now, anyway. I am soaking wet and it's totally normal. This is not me trying to hit myself with the showerhead but my thoughts are going haywire.

 

"Daya stop! Agh!" He grabbed both of my unstoppable arms, and shut the faucet. I was getting there Jiro, you just had to interrupt my incomprehensible brain.

 

I heaved a sigh of relief. This clumsiness of me needs to have a stop point, or I'll really kill myself from humiliation. I don't wanna admit what I did. I don't even want to know what happened wrong. I slowly looked at him and grinned pathetically. His face is void of emotion, and I feel sorry for doing it. My smile faded away as I tried to hold back the tears of shame.

 

"I'm sorry…" I hid my face from him, burying them in my hands.

 

I felt a tap on my hair, his head leaning on mine. We are both soaking wet. My drenched clothes clings onto my body. I feel sticky even though I just finished taking a bath. My damp hair looks like a mop as it cascades down my shoulder. My arms limped on my side while he's still holding on to my waist to steady me as the feeling of water droplets go down in our bodies. It's just the third time that we met but I unexpectedly do the lousiest deeds.

 

"You are so clumsy, polka."

 

Yes I know that Jiro, No need to rub it on me. Why is his head shaking anyway? Why am I feeling like his voice stifling?

 

I saw it coming after all. There was a low tone, then followed by a high pitched voice. He was trying to stop himself but he couldn't. I might as well be a clown in my next life.

 

"Ah. I can't believe you make me laugh like this. You're crazy." He heaved.

 

"Yeah?! Do you not laugh? Is this the first time you meet someone like me? A-and let go!" I squirmed in his hold trying to remove his arm from my waist. He grinned, getting closer to my face.

 

"Why? Are you feeling conscious now?" He teased me and I wiggled away from him. He let go and so I screamed going inside my bedroom, slamming the door as I heard him laughing out loud.

 

I tossed a towel in his face with a spare shirt and pants that I got from the fans, and prayed to every religion that he will just stop wrecking me in embarrassment. I told him to not go out until I knocked on the door, even if that doesn't make any sense.

 

Oh gods, take this human away from me and just let me live peacefully!