Chapter 2: Flight back Home

He's My Cinderella

Chapter 2: Flight back Home

 

 

Spending the majority of the night answering overseas calls from home, Baekhyun wasn’t able to blink a sleep. Chanyeol didn’t fare better. He stayed up all night listening to conversations he had with different offices in London. All he could do was get him coffee and take down notes of what needs to be done at the main office.

 

It was past two in the morning when Baekhyun’s phone had stopped ringing, plans laid out on Chanyeol’s draft. The said man was scowling at them, unhappy with the outcome and the only solution Baekhyun had for the time being.

 

Baekhyun closed the distance between them, crawling to the foot of the bed where Chanyeol was sitting. He wrapped his arms around him and placed his chin over his broad shoulder. “Hey, it’s gonna be okay.”

 

“This is not okay, Baekhyun.” Chanyeol seethed, brushing up a hand over his messy locks. “This is unacceptable.”

 

Baekhyun let out a tired sigh, “Let’s talk about this tomorrow. I’m exhausted and my throat hurts from all those calls, Yeol. I don’t want to argue with you before I sleep.”

 

Chanyeol turned to him as he pulled away. “You’re not considering this aren’t you?”

 

Baekhyun raised a brow. “Chanyeol, personal matters aside, do you think there’s any other way of saving the company without me needing to fly back there?” The edge on Baekhyun's tone was sharp and challenging. He already told Chanyeol that he understood what he felt, and he felt bad on his part as well. He just didn’t understand how hard it could be for his husband to accept that.

 

Chanyeol tore his gaze away from him and back to the draft he himself did. Baekhyun understood that a part of Chanyeol knew that he was being unreasonable with his demands. That a part of him was clouding up his mind. And Baekhyun, hopefully, would be able to slap him back to reality. The reality that both of them have responsibilities. The reality where both of them, despite their need to be with each other all day and all night, have duties to fulfill.

 

“Chanyeol, stop being a kid to me now,” Baekhyun breathed heavily, “It was hard enough to leave. I need you to support me, not drag me down.”

 

“The kids need you here, princess, you can't just leave them," Chanyeol pleaded, "You can't just leave me!"

 

"I am not leaving you Chanyeol!" Baekhyun explained, "I just need to be away for awhile until Uncle Kev recovers, why can't you understand that?!"

 

"I don't wanna lose you for the second time around."

 

Baekhyun let out a deep sigh before walking over to his husband, enveloping him in a tight embrace. "The three of you can visit me there, okay? Whenever you have spare time. As for I..." Baekhyun pressed a kiss on Chanyeol's lips with a smile, "I need to keep the business running."

 

Chanyeol raised a brow, "Princess you're an artist, not a businessman! How will you manage that without a background in this field?"

 

Baekhyun crossed his arms and smirked, "I am Kristian Heinsworth, remember, Mr. Clyde Park?"

 

Chanyeol blinked.

 

Of course. How could he forget that? His husband was not just any person. His identity had almost tore them apart before and maybe that was why he was afraid to let him be the person he was outside their home, outside this country. But then Baekhyun’s eyes, those bright, earnest, eyes were telling him to trust that it wouldn’t happen again.

 

“Believe in me, Yeol. I’ll fix everything, and hopefully, speed up uncle’s treatment so I could go back home shortly.”

 

Baekhyun rubbed his button nose against Chanyeol’s, drawing out a tired, helpless smile from the giant baby. “Are we good now?” he asked.

 

“Yeah,” Chanyeol whispered, leaning his forehead against his husband’s. His hand went up to play with the chain Baekhyun was wearing, smiling at the white gold ring he never took off. Baekhyun’s eyes followed his movement, and when their eyes met once more, Chanyeol felt nothing but passion, love and desire.




 

The next morning—or afternoon—Baekhyun woke to Chanyeol talking to Jesper in the living room. He had the seven-years-old sitting on his lap when he heard him say, “He won’t be long, I promise you that.”

 

“If Papa’s going to leave for a while, he can count on me in taking care of Ella,” the kid said. “And I will do my best at school too! So when Papa comes back home, he’d be proud of Jesper!”

 

Chanyeol chuckled, pinching his son’s nose. “Your papa is proud of you already, but that would make him very happy.”

 

“Daddy thinks so?”

 

“Yes,” Chanyeol ruffled his hair, “We are very proud of you. I have no doubt that you will do great at school.”

 

Baekhyun decided to make his presence known, clearing his throat to gain both of his boys’ attention. Jesper’s eyes brightened and jumped from his daddy’s lap to greet him good morning. The boy was now almost reaching his hip. When did the kid grow so fast?

 

“Good morning, baby.” He chimed.

 

“Papa! Daddy said you’re going to be away for a while? Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“I just got the news yesterday, baby.” Baekhyun sat beside Chanyeol, who was looking fondly at them. This time he was the one who put Jesper in between his legs.

 

“When will you leave?”

 

“Tonight, sweetheart.” Baekhyun sighed. “But before that,” he lifted the pouting boy’s chin and grinned, “We’ll go to daddy’s mall and have some fun. Would you like that?”

 

“Really?!” the kid jumped on his feet. “Cool! I’ll go pick my clothes!” Jesper dashed upstairs in a second, too excited to even think of anything else.

 

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol, who shook his head in amusement.

 

“You and your magic powers, princess.”

 

Baekhyun chuckled, “Come on, giant. We have less than 30 minutes before Jesper comes out and nag us to hurry the up.”

 

Chanyeol eyed him, “I told you, no swearing in this house.”

 

Baekhyun raised a brow, “Well that’s not what I heard last night when you’re ramming your up in my .”

 

Chanyeol gaped at his husband who walked past him. “That’s a different story!”

 

“Oh, I bet it’s not, Mr. Park. The last time I checked, the master’s bedroom is part of your castle.”

 

“Where the hell have you been harnessing your sass, Park Baekhyun?”

 

Said man grinned at him, “You tell me.”



 

Like they promised, Baekhyun and Chanyeol took their kids to Blue Palace and spent the rest of the day shopping for Jesper’s new console and Ella’s new set of wardrobe. They dined in a fast-food restaurant and treated Jesper with his favorite ice cream. In the meantime, Ella enjoyed the mini rides the mall had. After dinner, they watched one of the latest movies Jesper had been wanting to watch.

 

They looked just like they were just one of the mall’s visitors, and not the family who technically owned the place. And Baekhyun momentarily forgot that he wouldn’t be seeing them, the most important people in his life, for quite a while.

 

He would definitely miss them. He would miss this—the quality time they provide their kids.

 

Most of all, Baekhyun would miss Chanyeol.


 

They left the place around eight in the evening, Jesper was asleep at the back of their car, while Ella was slowly drifting off as she drank her milk from the bottle Baekhyun was holding.

 

“I hope they enjoyed the day. Jesper was so tired. Look at him drooling at the back,” Baekhyun chuckled, glancing at his son.

 

Chanyeol did so through the rear mirror and laughed when he saw him nod off.

 

“Thank you for today, princess.”

 

Baekhyun gave his husband a loving look. “Don’t mention it, Chanyeol. You know spending the day with three of you would always be my favorite pastime.”



 

And as if the dream ended abruptly, Baekhyun’s phone began vibrating. Chanyeol eyed his husband as he took a slow turn towards their villa. Their security guards saw their car and started opening the gates.

 

“Hello,” Baekhyun answered softly.

 

“Apologies for disturbing you, young master, but Secretary Xiao had been calling the mansion the whole day to ask of your whereabouts.”

 

Chanyeol was able to hear the voice from the phone due to the silence in the car. His husband's face crumpled in confusion upon hearing the unfamiliar name.

 

“I’m sorry, who was that again?”

 

“Secretary Xiao, young master. He’s one of late master Kayne’s foster sons. He had been working as Master Kevin’s secretary for years.”

 

“Well then tell him to calm his ing down and I’ll be there in fourteen hours.”

 

Chanyeol smirked upon pulling into the driveway. Whoever that secretary was, he would learn the hard way how stubborn his husband was. Living with Baekhyun two years after their reunion had taught Chanyeol to never rush an artist.

 

Chanyeol pulled the handbrake and unfastened his seatbelt. He then slowly took Ella from Baekhyun’s arms, mouthing, ‘I’ll take over the kids,’.

 

Baekhyun smiled and placed a chaste kiss on his lips, ‘I’ll be inside in a minute’, he mouthed back to him.

 

Chanyeol asked one of the guards to carry a sleeping Jesper back to his room while he gave Ella to her babysitter. “She already had milk, just tuck her in and play Baekhyun’s lullaby to keep her asleep.”

 

“Yes, Mr. Park.”

 

Chanyeol turned to the guard who was carrying Jesper out of the car, “Once you put Jesper in his room, go tell Mrs Lee to prepare his milk and pajamas. Jesper will be too tired to take a shower so tell them to fetch warm water and a clean towel instead. I’ll go to his room after I change.”

 

“Roger that, Mr. Park.”

 

He looked at his husband standing near the pool edge one last time before going back inside the house. He needed to check if the maids had prepared Baekhyun’s things correctly.





 

It was thirty minutes before ten when they arrived at Incheon for his flight. Chanyeol, the ever caring and thoughtful husband that he was, had accompanied him to make sure he’d be safe. Wearing nothing but simple cargo shorts and white tee, Chanyeol pulled his suitcase for him until the intercom called all passengers to board.

 

“Well, that’s me, I guess.” Baekhyun turned to his giant and cupped his frowning face. “I’ll call you when I get there. Don’t think too much, I’ll be fine.”

 

“I won’t,” Chanyeol promised, holding his hand. “And I trust that you will be.”

 

Baekhyun smiled and tiptoed to capture his husband’s lips in a deep, passionate kiss.

 

Chanyeol held his waist tightly and embraced him tight. “I’ll miss you princess.”

 

“I’ll miss you too Chanyeol.” he whispered, “But I’ll be back before you know it.”

 

Chanyeol released his hold on him, smirking at his positive attitude. “Go get them, tiger. Don’t let them ruin your family.”

 

“Of course, I won’t.” Baekhyun curtsied which made Chanyeol laugh. “Until then, your highness.”



 

Chanyeol waved at his husband when he dragged his things with him. Looking at Baekhyun’s back, Chanyeol thought his other half wasn’t the same person he parted with. In five years of separation, Baekhyun became strong and stone hearted to anyone but the people in his circle. And in two years they had spent together, raising Jesper and Ella and running their own businesses, Baekhyun became smarter and wiser.

 

Indeed, time changes things. Time changes people.

 

While Baekhyun’s love for him and his family never did, those people waiting for him on the other side of the world don't know what would hit them.

 

Ever proud, Chanyeol watched Baekhyun take one last glance at him. And he knew right then and there, he wasn’t looking at his sassy husband anymore.

 

He was looking at the sole heir of the Heinsworth Family people weren’t prepared for.

 
 
 
Park-Heinsworth Manor
 
 
 
Author's Note: 
 
Who would have thought I'm ing alive! HAHAHA. 
So let me just share how an angel left a comment on how they missed these fics, and somehow it pulled me out of slums.
Greatly, JNekoCY, this little angel , gave me a boost to continue writing when honestly, I'm preparing to take down my ongoing fics. 
Let's just pray that my mental health will get better so I can finish this one.
INYC was one of my favorite fics. and I really really want to write their characters again. 
It feels like good ol' days y'know. 
 
Yibo and Xiao Zhan will be a part of this story so as Bright and Win. well that will be for later. It's just that work takes my time mostly but hopefully I'll manage.
Please be patient with me. and thank you for your support 
 
All the best and take care.
-Anj-