Chapter 1: A Day in Park-Heinsworth Manor 

He's My Cinderella

Chapter 1: A Day in Park-Heinsworth Manor


 

“Papa! Come on get up! Papa!”

 

Jesper bombarded the master’s bedroom with loud knocks. Jumping on his feet, the seven years old called on to wake his parents up, especially his Papa, who’s the mother figure between the two of them. But since he’s not a girl like his friends’ mom, he calls him Papa. Who needs a girl mom when his Papa is more beautiful than them?

 

“Papa! It’s my first day in school, I don’t want to be late!” he knocked again.


 

Meanwhile, inside the room, Baekhyun was awakened the first time his son yelled from the other side. He turned around, grunting, having little space to move because Chanyeol has squeezed himself against him. Placing his arm over Chanyeol’s, Baekhyun snuggled just under his chin, savouring the musky scent he loved so much.

 

“I need to get up, Yeol. Let go of me.”

 

“It’s too early,” Chanyeol grunted.

 

“Early for you, Mr. Clyde.” Baekhyun chuckled, kissing Chanyeol’s lips first before removing the arm looped around his waist. “Get up in 30 minutes, or I’ll kick your off the bed.”

 

Baekhyun sat up and yawned. Just in time, his son called again, whining.

 

“I’m up baby, just give me five minutes to get ready okay?” he called out.

 

“Okay Pa! I’ll wait in the kitchen!”

 

Baekhyun heard Jesper’s footsteps slowly disappear in the hallway. He took one look again on his sleeping husband, chuckling when he saw the knot between his brows. Baekhyun pushed them with his index and middle finger, “Such a grumpy sleeper you are.”

 

 

 

Going to their bathroom, which was built with beige tiles, dark oak for drawers and cabinet, Baekhyun went straight to the lavatory and brushed his teeth. He tamed his golden brown hair with fingers first, then took some facial wash off the glass container. Who says a man can’t take care of their skin?

 

Baekhyun removed his pajamas and took a quick shower. He wore a simple white shirt and dark jogging pants along with the furry slippers he always use inside the house. Baekhyun found Jesper on his seat, drinking his hot chocolate, waiting patiently for him.

 

“Good morning baby,” He kissed his forehead, brushing his hair back.

 

“Morning Pa,” he grinned, chocolate still in the corners of his lips.

 

Baekhyun turned and saw Ella’s in the hands of her nanny, holding his little bunny stuffed toy. “Hello baby girl, how’s my baby Briella?” The nanny handed her over Ella to him with a smile.

 

“She slept soundly last night, sir. The piano lullaby you recorded really helped her relax.”

 

“That’s great to hear,” Baekhyun sighed in relief, “Chanyeol’s having a hard time sleeping the past few weeks because Ella wouldn’t stop crying. I was worried he’d sleep in the middle of his meeting one of these days,”

 

“I’m not sleeping in the middle of my meetings,” a voice said from behind.

 

“Good morning Daddy!” Jesper hopped from his seat and hugged his father. Chanyeol bend over to carry his big boy.

 

“Good morning, buddy. Today’s your first day in grade school right?”

 

“Yes!”

 

“You excited?” Chanyeol chuckled when his son nodded hard that his head might fall off.

 

“So much! Will Papa take me to school today?”

 

“Papa!” Ella shrieked, giggling as she imitated her brother.

 

Baekhyun laughed, filled of joy the moment they heard Ella spoke her first word a week ago. They’ve been trying to teach her “Dada” for Chanyeol, but for now, all the one year old toddler could speak is “Papa”. It cost a hundred pout from her daddy though, wanting her daughter to call him Dada one of these days.

 

“I will, honey, now you two get to your seats and I’ll ask Mrs. Lee to serve the breakfast.” Baekhyun turned to his daughter, “And yours too little princess,” he kissed Ella’s chubby cheeks and placed her on her high chair.

 

 

 

 

 

This is the usual morning in the Park Manor. Baekhyun, being the one to wake up first to take care of the kids, and Chanyeol following later to prepare for work. He might be the owner and chairman of his own company, but Chanyeol never took it for leisure. To him, being the role model for the employees was one of the keys to earn their loyalty. Loyal and happy employees makes a happy workplace, and a happy workplace earns more productivity.

 

Today, the difference in their morning routine was Jesper’s first day in grade school. They’ve enrolled him in a private academy, where the little guy would have the opportunity to grow academically and find his passion from extra-curricular activities.

 

 

 

Baekhyun was arranging Jesper’s things in his backpack when he saw Chanyeol coming down the stairs. Raising his brow, he chuckled when he noticed the messy knot on his husband’s tie.

 

“Why do you have to wear ties when you can’t do it properly?” he asked as he reached out to redo it himself.

 

Chanyeol laughed, placing his hands on his hips. “I hate ties. But it’s Monday and I have to be in a formal attire.”

 

“You’re the boss, you know. You can just ban the ties if you hate them so much.” Baekhyun suggested.

 

“Hm, I’ll think about that. But I have a meeting with potential partners today,” He watched as his husband finish it properly this time, “Also, I have a beautiful husband to fix it for me everyday.” He wriggled his brows.

 

Baekhyun patted the tie harder, causing the taller man to stagger a bit. “I didn’t marry you for this, Mr. Park.” He narrowed his eyes, “But if you insist, tomorrow you’ll see all your neckties in the trash bin.”

 

“Aw come on, princess,” Chanyeol wrapped his arms around his husband’s waist, “I’m just joking—“

 

“Let go, Chanyeol, Jesper will see you—“

 

But Chanyeol leaned closer for a kiss—

 

“Papa!” Jesper cried from the stairs, who’s now all dressed in his sailor uniform. Navy blue shorts, white polo, navy blue collar and tie, along with cute beret, holding the school’s logo. “Do I look good in my uniform?”

 

“Baby you’re handsome!” Baekhyun squealed, pulling away from a pouting Chanyeol to dote on his son. “Come on, are you ready to go?”

 

“Yes!”

 

“Go and say bye bye to Daddy,”

 

 

 

Just as he was told, Jesper ran to his dad and hugged him, even though he could only reach up to his hips. They said he’s too tall for his age. He wished, when he grows older, he’ll be as tall as his Daddy or even taller! He’s sure he’ll be able to play basketball and be a captain someday.

 

“Daddy! I’ll do my best today in school! See you later!”

 

Chanyeol bent down and pinched the boy’s cheeks, “I know you’ll do great today buddy. I’ll see you later, okay. I love you.”

 

“I love you too, Dad!”

 

 

 

Baekhyun smiled at his husband and took Jesper’s things from the coffee table. “We’ll get going, Yeol.”

 

“Take care you two…” Chanyeol kissed Baekhyun right on the lips, earning an “eww” from their son who ran out of the living room.

 

Baekhyun chuckled and pinched his husband’s ears. “Don’t fall asleep in your meeting!” Baekhyun reminded, walking out.

 

“I never fell asleep! Not once, princess!” Chanyeol defended, albeit playfully. Maybe he did. Once? But he’ll not admit that of course.


 

 

 

Baekhyun pulled over in front of SK International Academy’s gigantic gate. The academy was complete with program from pre-school up to college. Due to this, the school’s lot was divided into three sections in order to separate the students.

 

The East Campus will be Jesper’s second home until he finished his grade school. The building wasn’t as tall as the other campus, mostly only up to third floor. However, the field was far much bigger than the others. In their orientation, they said that it was for the kids. The field could be their playground and so they could enjoy the touch of nature while they were young.

 

Baekhyun’s gaze fell on his very excited son who, as soon as he parked, has removed his seatbelt and grabbed his backpack from the backseat.

 

“Have fun baby. Remember what I told you?”

 

Jesper grinned at his Papa and said proudly, “Be kind always but if someone tries to bully me, I will tell teacher and Papa immediately!”

 

“Very good, now off you go, little man.” Baekhyun unlocked the car, kissed Jesper’s forehead first before opening the door for him.

 

“Bye Papa! I love you!” Jesper gave him a flying kiss as he got off the car.

 

“I love you too baby,” he waved. Jesper closed the door and went inside the gates with his chin up and a skip on his steps. Baekhyun chuckled. “What a cute little guy.”

 

 

 

Manoeuvring the car, Baekhyun changed the GPS and went straight to the school he built for talented artist who wanted to focus more on their passion. After a couple of exhibits, he managed to encourage those artist to come and learn under his care. He also hired some of them who had more experiences as teachers.

 

As soon as he entered the gate, he was greeted by the teachers and kids who were having a class outside. They have watercolours in their hands and isles per student.

 

“Hello angels,” he greeted them, “What’s your lesson for today?”

 

One of the kids raised her hand, “Painting nature using watercolour!”

 

“Is that so?” Baekhyun chuckled, walking towards the little girl, “Let me see what you’ve got there?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

As soon as Chanyeol enters the Blue Palace Tower, everything’s about work. He puts on his glasses if he’s not in contacts, and listens to his secretary’s report as they make their way to this office. Once he’s seated behind his desk, he’ll not be able to work on anything else but papers, computers, charts and numbers. If there’s some, he’d be able to leave the office for meetings, and even then, there’s nothing but bars and circles and pies and can he just say this, he misses Baekhyun so much?

 

He really wanted nothing but to spend some time alone with Baekhyun. When Jesper and Ella came of course, things have changed. It’s not that he wasn’t happy having adopted children, it made his life complete, honestly, but he badly wanted to have a date with his husband.

 

Of course, his princess would prioritize the children and he completely understood that.

 

But can he just have a day?

 

 

 

After two consecutive meetings, Chanyeol was able to take an hour break and the first thing he did, was to call his husband.

 

Baekhyun answered after two rings, “Hey, Yeol, how’s your day?”

 

“Missing you…” Chanyeol sighed.

 

Baekhyun chuckled from the other line, “I miss you too…I’m here at the artschool, have you eaten lunch yet?”

 

“No, not yet.”

 

A sigh came from the other line, “You’re skipping meals again?”

 

“Mmh,” Chanyeol hummed, “How about we eat lunch together?”

 

“That sounds like a fantastic idea, where do you want to eat?”

 

Somehow that sparked some life in Chanyeol’s blood. “I’ll pick you up, then let’s decide on our way. Will be there quick, princess.”

 

“I’m not going anywhere, don’t drive so fast you .”

 

Chanyeol laughed, taking his coat as he walked out of his office “Stop swearing you have kids there.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The couple ate in a fancy Italian restaurant. People would look at them from time to time as if they’re celebrity.

 

Chanyeol, wearing his dark suit and reading glasses is no doubt a charm to ladies. They go red just by looking at the man. It doesn’t matter if they recognize him or not. The fact that a good looking man, who screams money and power was enough to make them squirm internally.

 

Baekhyun was another story. What he wore was simple black shirt, plain and loose and tight ripped jeans, whose color was too washed out to look new. He wore dark sunglasses, and around his neck, was the white gold chain with Chanyeol’s ring as pendant. His ring was of course, wore by his husband in his pinky finger.

 

As they go on with their lunch, Baekhyun’s phone, which was placed on their table, suddenly vibrated.

 

“I’m sorry, Yeol… “ Baekhyun saw his uncle’s ID on the vibrating phone. “I gotta take this, it’s Uncle Kev”

 

“It’s okay,” Chanyeol smiled, “Say hi for me?”

 

Baekhyun smiled thankfully at him before answering the call. “Hi Uncle Kev—”

 

 

 

“Young Master,” the voice on the other line wasn’t his uncle, but their butler in the manor. How come he has Kevin’s phone? Baekhyun wasn’t given a chance to ask, the older man continued to talk and report something that Baekhyun wasn’t ready to hear.

 

“Young Master, your uncle got into an accident just now...”

 

“What?!” the rising of his tone alarmed Chanyeol, especially the way Baekhyun’s expression went rigid.

 

“It was the other party’s fault for reckless driving. I was the one who answered the call from the hospital. Young Master Kevin is being operated as we speak. Forgive me, if I took the opportunity to use his phone to inform you… but I believe you should know.”

 

Baekhyun went cold and his hands started shaking. The tears in his eyes pooled, his lips trembled from anxiety. Kevin was his last family, the only one left. He was like his second father and if something happens to him, he’d not be able to take it.

 

He looked at his husband, who was now holding his free hand, squeezing it to comfort him even though he has no idea of what was happening.

 

Baekhyun immediately told the butler to take care of things right now. He needed to speak with his husband. Kevin has no one with him back home and only him, his nephew, could sign whatever waiver the hospital might have for him. Baekhyun hang up a minute later, gripping the phone on his hand.

 

“Uncle got into accident, Yeol.” He whispered.

 

“What?! What happened?”

 

“I-I don’t know, it seemed like a car crash… He’s being operated right now a-and I have to go back.” Baekhyun gripped Chanyeol’s hands tight, pleading. “I need to go back home, Yeol.”

 

 

 

 

 

Without finishing their lunch, the couple drove home without talking to each other. Baekhyun was uneasy in his seat, biting on his lower lips. When they arrived at the manor, Baekhyun went directly to the master’s bedroom, followed by his husband.

 

Chanyeol found him taking out his clothes hastily out of the cabinet. Quickly, he grabbed Baekhyun’s arms and held him firmly, “Breathe princess, breathe first… “ he wiped his tears and guided him to sit on the edge of their bed.

 

 

 

“What am I going to do if I lose him too, Yeol? “ Baekhyun cried.

 

“You won’t lose him, Baek. Kevin’s a fighter okay? He’s gonna be fine, I’m sure the doctors are doing their best right now.”

 

“I can’t just hold on to that,” he whined, “I need to see him…He needs me!”

 

“Princess, I’m not trying to be inconsiderate here… but we need you here too… the kids needs you, especially Ella.”

 

“Chanyeol, my uncle could be dying! I know that I have responsibility to our kids, it’s hard for me to make a decision. You think it’s all easy for me?”

 

“I didn’t say that,” Chanyeol sighed.

 

Baekhyun pressed his forehead against his own hands, his elbows propped on his knees.

 

That moment, Baekhyun received another call. From how Chanyeol heard his husband talk, it must have been someone from their company. Baekhyun tried his best to compose his voice during the conversation, but the way those tears fall almost endlessly told another story.

 

Baekhyun looked so stressed after he hung up. Chanyeol met him with his gaze, asking questions which Baekhyun could only answer with a tired smile.

 

“The company’s a mess after they received the news.”

 

“.” Chanyeol cursed, knowing the ways of this business, being a chairman himself. Incidents like this could be taken as advantage for those who had ambitions for positions or if not, for those who wanted to bring the company down. Without the chairman’s signed papers on who’s gonna be in charge in his absence, it’s gonna be a war between the board members. The second one who owns the next highest stock income from the company would try, unless someone would act as an interim.

 

As if they were thinking about the same thing, the couple met each other’s gaze.

 

“This is insane.” Chanyeol stood and paced in circles like a madman. “Let me guess, they want you to take his place.”

 

Baekhyun took a deep breath, “What else would they call me for?”

 

“, Baek. If you take his place then you’re gonna be there until Kevin recovers, which we’re not sure when.” Chanyeol snarled.

 

“I know.” Baekhyun threw himself on the mattress, a hand covering his eyes.

 

“And you know how I hate it when you’re there. It brings back unwanted memories.”

 

“I know,” Baekhyun muttered.

 

Chanyeol stopped pacing and sat beside his lying husband. “It could take months, Baek. Months without you by my side.”

 

Five years of being away from each other almost drove him insane. Not knowing where to look for his princess or whom to ask for help. When Baekhyun told him where he was all those time, he really cursed that place and as much as possible, would only let Baekhyun visit there if he’s with him.

 

It’s called paranoia and Chanyeol’s ing aware of that.

 

“Please think about this princess.” Chanyeol leaned over his husband, taking away the hand that covers his face. Baekhyun was lost on what to do… he could see it in his eyes. Chanyeol kissed his knuckles, then his chin, then his lips.

 

“Will you?” he plead.

 

Baekhyun nodded, “I will… “

 

 

 

 

 

~*~

 

 

 

The commotion from the board meeting was to be expected. Being Chairman’s secretary has given him a lot of experience in every situation, but this, this was not on the list. Xiao Zhan owed his life to the Heinsworth family. They took him and his best friend under their wing when they found them scavenging for food.

 

 

 

It was one fateful day in China as the family was there for a business trip.

 

“You two, how old are you?” the old man asked in accented Mandarin when he rolled the window down from his car.

 

“We’re both twelve…but Yibo is older than me by month…” Xiao Zhan muttered, wiping any dirt that was smeared on his face. The man looked so wealthy, he doesn’t even know why he’s talking to them.

 

“Hm,” he looked at trash bin where the two were digging just now. “That would make your stomach ache, young man.”

 

The two bowed their heads. They knew that, but do they have a choice?

 

“If my grandson was here, he’d be around your age…” the old man muttered to himself. He then turned to them with a small grin, “How about I treat you some dinner tonight? This old man’s getting lonely.”

 

Xiao Zhan’s eyes sparkled immediately, and was about to say yes, when his best friend, Yibo, gripped his arm. Their eyes met, Yibo’s clearly not trusting the old man.

 

“It’s okay, Yibo. I can feel he’s not a bad man.” He smiled reassuringly. “I want to eat some real food, please? Let’s go please?”

 

While Xiao Zhan was convincing his companion, Kayne thought about Kristian and Luhan’s relationship. They might not be bound by blood, but their bond was the realest thing he’d ever see. Luhan filled the empty space for a sibling in Kristian’s life.

 

It didn’t take long before the other one agreed to his offer. Kayne opened the car for them and took them in a fancy restaurant.

 

 

 

After telling him their story, who knew that the old man would take them home, fed them before sending them into boarding schools to have the education they lacked? Kayne only asked them one thing once they finished their degree.

 

“Stand by my son’s side and help him keep our business together. I am old and I don’t have much time left. Now that Kevin holds the company, Xiao Zhan, I need you to be his secretary. You’ll hold his business and personal schedule if needed. Yibo, I’ll assign you in the Human Resource department. Learn its ways and filter each and every person who’s applying in our company. I knew you’re good with that.”

 

Kayne chuckled as they quietly accepted their posts with whole heart.

 

“I take you two, as my own grandsons, Yibo, Xiao Zhan. As you enter our company, people will try to discourage you and talk you down, just because you have me on your back. But prove them wrong, show them that you are worthy of the place I gave you, alright?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In Kevin’s absence, Xiao Zhan wouldn’t let just anyone to take over the company. From what he remembered, Kevin has a nephew who lives in South Korea.

 

He’s the only one who has the right to take over right now.

 

Xiao Zhan immediately called the Heinsworth Manor.

 

“Hello, it’s me Xiao Zhan. Do you perhaps know Second Young Master uhm…Kristian’s number?” he asked while trying to remember the name Kevin once said. Come to think of it, this nephew of his rarely visits the manor, and if he does, they never got a chance to meet him.

 

“I understand that it’s a private information, but this is regarding the company. In Chairman’s absence, only he could take over in Kevin’s place.” Of course, he should have known that they’ll refuse to tell him his contact number. “Well then, if that’s the case, can I ask you a favour to do it for me? Please, and kindly give this number just in case he wanted to talk.”

 

Xiao Zhan started reciting his business number when the door to his mini office opened.

 

Yibo, with his cold and indifferent expression, peeked inside. “Xiao Zhan, it’s lunch time.”

 

He raised a hand to ask for a minute, ending the call with thanks.

 

“Sorry, that’s kinda important.” He grinned, taking his coat. Once out of the office, he wrapped an arm around the other’s shoulders playfully. “I’m craving Chinese food, Yibo~”

 

“I’ve already ordered.”

 

“Really?!” excited, Xiao Zhan jumped on his feet. Yibo bowed his head once as affirmation. “It’s in the pantry?”

 

“Mh,” the other confirmed.

 

“Ah! Let’s go, let’s go! I’m starving! You’re the best, what would I do without you?” Xiao Zhan ran towards the elevator and punched the button a couple of times. If he had a tail, Yibo was sure it’d be wagging so hard right now.

 

As he followed the younger, seeing him smile so wide at him like that, the stressful state of the company wouldn’t faze him today.

 

 

 

 

=====================================

Author's Note:

HI ANNYEONG, KONNICHIWA, NI HAO! XD

LOL. here's the pilot chapter for INYC's sequel, He's My Cinderella. I know there's not much here, and you're all craving for ChanBaek moments and all. However, here, I wanted to show you a glimpse of their life after they got Jesper and Ella. domestic!chanbaek <3

I also took the opportunity to introduce the two important characters I added for spice (ehem angst) in the future. Meet Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo. I know some knows them already, if not you can google them to get familiarized with their faces.

You'll see more of them in the future (might or might not hate them XD)... but don't worry, HunHan couple and KaiSoo will still appear here every now and then. 

Thank you for supporting this sequel. Honestly, this is kind of important to me. I'm dealing with depression and I wanted to divert my attention into writing so please do enjoy!

Until next update?

Please tell me what you think. 

 

sincerely, your authornim <3