Chapter 3

Beauty and the Geek

After everyone has finished dinner they go to do their separate things. Heechul went to wash up for bed, Taeyeon went upstairs into her room to finish some last minute homework, and Jessica decided to help Mrs. Kim wash the dishes and tidy up the kitchen.

Taeyeon's POV

"There all done," Taeyeon exclaims and puts her pen down. She stretches her arms over her head. Yawn. 
 

Taeyeon spins around in her chair and faces her bed. Looking at her bed she remembers that Jessica will be staying in her room over the weekend.

Taeyeon stands up and moves over to bed. She grabs a pillow and puts it on the floor on the side of the bed. She grabs a blanket out of the closet, and lays it out on the floor.

"There that should do it," she said to herself. "Maybe I should go wash up in Heech's bathroom, and let Jeshika have my bathroom."

 Taeyeon grabs her pajamas and goes to her brother's bathroom to wash up for bed.

Author POV

Jessica has just made it up the stairs when she runs into Taeyeon walking out of her room. She sneaks up behind Taeyeon and taps on her shoulder.

Taeyeon spins around and they come face to face with each other in close proximity. Both of their hearts are racing and Taeyeon's face is flushed pink.

Heechul seemingly comes out of nowhere and snaps the two back into reality. "What are you two doing just standing out in the hallway," he walks up to the two flustered girls and asks.

Both Taeyeon and Jessica takes a few steps back from each other. Badump. Badump. Badump.
 

"I'm going to use your bathroom. Jeshika you can use mine." Taeyeon says and quickly turns to head to her destination.

Jessica's eyes doesn't leave the fleeing shorter girl. "Cute but weird isn't she?" Heechul's sudden voice broke Jessica out of her daze, "What?"

"My sister, she's cute but can be so weird sometimes," Heechul further explained. "Hmm," Jessica simply responds.

"Ah...seems like only yesterday when mom and dad...brought...her..home. Yah! Sica-ah you should've said something before just leaving me standing in the hallway." Heechul says after realizing Jessica was long gone, leaving him talking to himself.

Jessica's POV

Jessica walks into Taeyeon's room and grabs some clothes and essentials to wash up for bed. When she gets in the bathroom she looks in the mirror. The moment she and Taeyeon just shared replays in her mind. Just the thought of the younger girl's gaze makes her heart skip a beat.

"You're a year older than her Jessica, and she's still in high school. What is wrong with you?" Jessica says to herself. She closes her eyes to calm herself, but instead an image of a flustered Taeyeon pops into her brain. 'Cute.' She thinks with a small smile.

Jessica realizes what she just thought and her smile turns into a frown. She shakes her head to remove the thought.

"Get it together Jessica Jung! You're in college and she's in high school, it won't work. Besides, your family wouldn't approve," she sighs after the last sentence. 
 

Jessica turns the shower on and strips her clothes off to hop in. She stands under the hot water trying to wash off the intruding feelings. 'Hm. Love at first sight huh Jessica. Damnit.'

Taeyeon's POV

Taeyeon rushes into the bathroom and closes the door shut. She rests her back on the door, and clenches her shirt right where her heart is. With her eyes closed shut she tries to control her breathing, and her racing heart.

'Oh god my heart has never done this! I think I might be sick! If I hadn't gotten away from Jessica sooner I would've passed out. Calm down heart, calm down!'

Taeyeon exhales and opens her eyes. She moves to turn on the shower, and begins to undress.

"Why did I just stand up there staring at her like an idiot?! She's probably so weirded out by me. Pabo," Taeyeon exclaims while hitting herself on the head. 

She steps into the shower and starts bathing. "But why didn't she say anything," Taeyeon paused and said. 'And the way that she looked at me...could feel the same way?'

"Aniyo, aniyo!" Taeyeon shakes the ridiculous thought off, and returns to bathing moving on to wash her hair. 

Taeyeon decides to switch the water temperature to cold to rinse off, to try to calm her thoughts. 'I've never felt this way before. Is this what's called love at first sight?'

She lifts her head up with the water falling onto her face. 'Appa, don't let me do the wrong thing! I don't want to get hurt, so I don't want to fall to hard. But why do I feel it's already too late, even though I've just met her.'

Taeyeon switched off the shower and steps out. She dries off in the bathroom and puts on clothes. She finishes drying her hair and ties it up into a ponytail.

Taeyeon steps out of Heechul's bathroom. She detours to her brother's room before heading to her's. 
 

"Goodnight Heech," she pops her head in and says. "Oh, heading to bed already," her brother gets up from his bed and says walking towards his sister. 
 

"Yeah, I'm feeling a bit tired and I have to be at the martial arts academy tomorrow, so I better get my rest," she says. 
 

"Hmm," Heechul nods and grabs Taeyeon by the shoulders pushing her to her room. "Okay! I'll be taking you to the academy tomorrow by the way," he states. "Jinjja! You don't have to if you don't want," Taeyeon exclaims.

"But I want to! Besides I've missed my favorite sister," Heechul messes Taeyeon's hair and says. "Heech I'm your only sister!" Taeyeon smiles at her playful brother.

"Ani! I was serious when I said that Jessica is like a little sister to me," he reminds his sister of what he said back at dinner. At the mention of the name Taeyeon looks down a little, seemingly thinking about something. Heechul notices this, "Yah! I said you're my favorite though didn't I," He nudges her and says.

Taeyeon nods at her brother with a small smile. "Well, goodnight Heech," she says to her brother. "Goodnight!"

 Taeyeon is about to turn the nob to her room when Heechul says one more thing to his sister before running off to his room, "And do me favor a Tae! Don't be a ByunTae tonight!" Her brother says while laughing at his sister's offended face, and runs off to his room before she can even retaliate.

Taeyeon groans at her stupid brother, and enters her room. She throws her dirty clothes haphazardly to the laundry basket in her room. She jumps on her bed face first, and lays there for a minute. She suddenly sits up her in haste, looking in the direction of a certain someone she didn't notice sitting at the mirror in her room.

Author's POV

Jessica giggled a little at the other girl's actions. "Taeyeon-shi I've noticed that you don't pay attention to your surroundings. You should fix that or next time you might see something that you don't want to see," Jessica says and turns around to look at the girl sitting at the edge of the bed. "Or do you," she asks playfully and almost seductively.

Jessica smirks when she sees the wide-eyed look Taeyeon dons at the implication. "Aniya!" Taeyeon shakes her head and hands denying such.

"Joesonghamnida, I should've knocked first! Joesonghamnida," she apologizes and looks down at the floor, to embarrassed or ashamed to look up at the beautiful girl staring at her.

Jessica's playful smile turns into a frown when she sees how the younger girl looks like a kid that just got scolded for stealing candy 'Cute~'

"Yah! I was just joking! This is your room Taeyeon-shi," Jessica exclaims walking over to the girl and nudges her shoulder a bit. All the while showing a wide smile that makes Taeyeon lose her breath looking at the girl.

" Taeyeon"

"Ne," Jessica asks furrowing her eyebrows. Confused at the at what the younger girl is saying.

" Taeyeon, you can just call me Taeyeon," said girl explains. Jessica smiles a little looking at the girl. "Arasso, then just call me Jessica okay,"  she says while putting her things away in her bag.

Taeyeon fidgets in her spot, "Shouldn't I call you eonnie?" 
"Aniya!" Jessica quickly turns and shoots down the word as if it's a bad word. Taeyeon is startled by the girl's sudden burst. Jessica clears , "I mean Jessica is fine, but don't ever call me eonnie again arasso. We're barely a year apart!" 
 

The girl on the bed nods her head like an obedient child. She stands up from the bed and speaks again, "Um...Jeshika you  ca-"

"Jessica," the said girl interrupts. Taeyeon is confused but repeats the girl's name anyways, "Jeshika." Jessica laughs a little at the mispronounciation, "Aniyo, you're saying it wrong!" Taeyeon furrows her eyebrows and thinks she said it right but tries again nonetheless, "Je-shi-ka," she repeats the name sure she got it right and smiles.

Jessica shakes her head in disapproval and Taeyeon's smile drops. She takes a step forward to the girl, "Jes-si-ca," she sounds out for the girl to repeat. Taeyeon repeats after but fails again. Each time Jessica repeats the pronunciation Taeyeon fails and her face scrunches up more and more, and each time Jessica is also taking a step closer to the girl until she's right in front of her. 
 

Jessica grabs Taeyeon's chin and looks her in the eyes, "Ssssss." Though Taeyeon is having trouble breathing properly with Jessica being so close, she still manages to repeat the girl correctly this time. "Jessssica," she says to Taeyeon again who pronounces her name perfectly this time.   
 

Jessica smiles when she hears Taeyeon say her name right, but the latter seems to be in a daze and is only staring at the girl. Jessica is still holding on to Taeyeon's chin and she realizes how beautiful, yet babyish and boyish Taeyeon looks. As she studying the girl's features her eyes find the girl's lips, and lingers there. 
 

She takes her thumb and brushes over the bottom lip, and the action sends electricity through Taeyeon's body. Taeyeon swallows hard and her heart speeds up, if that's possible. Jessica tilts her head a bit and slowly moves forward, and Taeyeon does the same closing her eyes.

Their lips are inches apart and they can feel each other's breath. Their lips almost touch when-

HMPH!

Jessica pushes Taeyeon and she falls onto the bed releasing a groan. 
 

Jessica's POV

"I can't believe I almost kissed her! What the hell," Jessica has run downstairs after almost kissing Taeyeon. She pours herself a glass of water and sits at the table in the kitchen. Sigh. "Now, it's gonna be so awkward when I go back up there."

After sitting at the table for nearly an hour she stands up, washes her cup, and heads back upstairs. 
 

'If I'm lucky she's already asleep,' she thinks to herself. She inhales and exhales before turning the knob, and slowly opens the room door. Surprisingly, she actually gets lucky because Taeyeon is in bed fast asleep. 
 

Moving to the other side of the bed she quietly slips under the covers, scared of waking the sleeping girl. After awhile of just laying there she finally drifts off to sleep.

Taeyeon's POV

"I'm so sorry! Um...joesonghamnida," I hear Jessica say and the door slams close. I lie on the bed to recollect myself after what just happened, or what almost happened.

I sit up and move to the edge of my bed. "I almost kissed her, SHE almost kissed me, WE almost kissed." Taeyeon's eyes slightly widens after processing everything.

"Maybe she is interested in me," she questions. "Aniyo! Don't be ridiculous Taeyeon she was only playing around. That's why she pushed you! Older kids like playing these type of jokes on us younger ones. That's all!"

Sigh.

Taeyeon moves under the covers and looks up at the ceiling, staring at it. 'She's probably not going to come back for awhile, might as well go to sleep,' she thinks but can't seem to fall asleep. Her heart is still trying to calm down. 
 

"Stop it!! We can never have a girl as beautiful as Jessica, so cut it out!" Taeyeon is talking to her heart when she hears the small click of the door. She quickly turns to her side and halfway covers her head, pretending to be asleep. 
 

She already knows who it is, especially when said slides into bed with her. Taeyeon's heart immediately picks up, but she lays still and waits for Jessica to fall asleep. When she hears light breathing from the girl she knows Jessica is asleep, and she slowly turns around facing Jessica's back. 
 

Taeyeon stares at the sleeping girl for awhile. "Please don't hurt me to bad. I've already seemed to develop feelings for you but I barely know you," she whispers. "I hope we can get closer and be friends, even if I know we'll never be more than that."

Taeyeon smiles a little and then yawns. She continues to stare at Jessica's back until she eventually drifts to sleep. Both girls enter their own dreamworld, but neithers' dream is without the other appearing.

 

Gosh I wonder what the morning will bring!